For his homework, my second youngest nephew, a fourth grader, had to use each of the week’s spelling words in a sentence. Being a wise and precocious individual, this PatriotNephewWest was a bit more creative than the average ten-year old and used these words to craft a story, which I reprint with the permission of his father, the eldest PatriotBrotherWest:
1. Today the president gave the press a tour of what goes on in his OFFICE.
2. He was very GRACIOUS even with all the media.
3. He seemed to enjoy all the PUBLICITY.
4. But some of the media CRITICIZED him on how he did things.
5. He said he didnt always like working in the cramped SPACE of the OFFICE, and liked to get outside to work sometimes.
6. The media did their job of being CRITICS and suggested that it might not be safe for him to work outside.
7. Apparently, half the journalists there were full of MALICE towards the president.
8. He also told the media that he planned to get closer to the PUBLIC.
9. He also planned to be one of the many presidents to PUBLICIZE his own book.
10. But after that day he wrote himself a letter in ITALIC to never invite the media over again.
I expect my nephew to soon join the blogosphere.