Is SCOTUS Nominee John Roberts…..uh…. “hot” ?

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 1:09 pm - August 20, 2005.
Filed under: National Politics

According to GP reader, Greg, he is!

I have to say that I find Judge Roberts….well, kind of hot. The hair is a bit dorky, but those piercing blue eyes, that impish grin, that wonderful cleft in his chin…..I’d certainly vote to confirm πŸ˜‰

-Bruce (GayPatriot) – gaypatriot2004@aol.com

1. I vote HOT.
    In some pictures he looks very much like William Holden.
    He could whistle over my bridge anytime.

Comment by chandler in hollywood — August 20, 2005 @ 3:11 pm - August 20, 2005

2. He’s handsome and he has a sense of humor, which you don’t expect when reading appeals court opinions.

Whew, in this heat it’s a job keeping cool…

[Butch swoons.]

Comment by Butch — August 20, 2005 @ 3:15 pm - August 20, 2005

3. I think he’s really hot, haaha. He makes me melt. I love serious law professionals and students.

Wannabeleader

Comment by Wannabeleader — August 20, 2005 @ 8:00 pm - August 20, 2005

4. I’m straight, but if he gets confirmed, I think he’ll be the best looking justice.

Comment by cme — August 20, 2005 @ 11:18 pm - August 20, 2005

5. He has exactly the sort of dorky-suburban-dad looks that I go crazy for — including the haircut!

But I really need to see a photo with an open shirt collar before I can decide whether to support his nomination. (Smooth-chested men leave me clammy, ya know…)

Comment by Throbert McGee — August 21, 2005 @ 10:38 am - August 21, 2005

6. O.k….we have a phrase at law school that we use and I think it’s applicable to Judge Roberts. The phrase is, “law school hot”. What we mean by that is, when you’re in law school, you’re surrounded basically by people that in the general population would not cause you to get all hot and bothered, however, since you’re so busy with school, even ok looking people for some reason start to look smokin’ hot. I think something similar is going on with Judge Roberts. I mean, he’s a nice a looking guy, but when you put him up next to all the Supreme Court Justices, hell he suddenly turns into extremely attractive guy.
    I say he needs to show teeth. Every picture I see of him, his mouth is closed. Also, I’ll agree with Mr. McGee that we need a slightly open shirt picture of him if at all possible. If he’d let the stubble grow out a bit, that’d be even better. πŸ˜‰

Comment by ARCountryBoy — August 21, 2005 @ 10:49 am - August 21, 2005

7. Need I be the first to say it? Is he hot?! Heck, yes…I, for one, would love to see Roberts stripped to his briefs. Er, legal briefs, that is.

Comment by jay — August 22, 2005 @ 3:07 am - August 22, 2005

8. God, you people need to get out more. He is NOT hot. While I’ll admit compared to the other justices, he is the hottest, he looks like Pat Sajak and that ain’t hot. I even think Rick Santorum is better looking. God I totally just threw up in my mouth a little. Can we change the subject?

Comment by Britton — August 22, 2005 @ 11:11 am - August 22, 2005

9. So, Britton, exactly who is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to comment here? Because that’s not legal, you know, holding a gun to someone’s head and forcing them to comment on John Roberts hotness or lack of hotness.

Comment by V the K — August 22, 2005 @ 12:39 pm - August 22, 2005

10. V the K –

It’s called sarcasm.

Comment by Britton — August 22, 2005 @ 3:32 pm - August 22, 2005

11. It’s called sarcasm.

No, this is called “sarcasm”:

V the K must be red as a Soviet-grown beet to have missed the withering sarcasm in “he looks like Pat Sajak and that ain’t hot.” Not since Swift’s A Modest Proposal has the world seen such a masterful display of rhetorical irony. I’ll be counting the seconds till Britton favors us with more of the wry verbal pyrotechnics that are his trademark!

Comment by Throbert McGee — August 23, 2005 @ 2:10 am - August 23, 2005

12. But back on topic, I could definitely get into a daddy/son scene with Judge Roberts… he’d probably be very stern, yet fair.

Comment by Throbert McGee — August 23, 2005 @ 2:19 am - August 23, 2005

13. So, Throbby, what do you think of Alanis Morrisette?

Comment by V the K — August 23, 2005 @ 9:40 am - August 23, 2005

14. So I guess I should have to say I’d fuck John Roberts to be allowed to comment here without being attacked? Well I wouldn’t fuck him, and last time I checked, that was the topic of the thread. So while no one is forcing me to comment by gunpoint, at least I can stay on topic.

Comment by Britton — August 23, 2005 @ 11:38 am - August 23, 2005

15. Your blog is very interesint

Comment by the best u are — September 2, 2005 @ 2:25 am - September 2, 2005

16. Car Audio

Comment by Car Lease — September 5, 2005 @ 8:32 am - September 5, 2005

17. Crock Pot Cooking

Comment by French Cooking Schools — September 7, 2005 @ 4:01 am - September 7, 2005

18. Swiss Chocolate

Comment by Willy Wonka And The Chocolate — September 9, 2005 @ 4:16 am - September 9, 2005

19. Powder Coat