Top 12 Hottest Country Music Bachelors

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 3:08 pm - August 26, 2005.
Filed under: Country Music

According to a recent online poll from Country Weekly magazine….

1. Keith Urban: The singer-songwriter-guitarist from Down Under will appear in a Gap ad campaign this fall, wearing jeans and performing a cover of Billy Thorpe’s “Most People I Know Think I’m Crazy.”

2. Joe Nichols: The 28-year-old Nichols was also voted one of CMT’s 20 sexiest stars.

3. Keith Anderson: The only newcomer in the group has a smash debut with “Pickin’ Wildflowers.”

4. Dierks Bentley: 29-year-old Bentley is currently on tour with superstar George Strait.

5. Jeff Bates: Rugged bad boy Bates has a checkered past of brushes with the law. “I think I’m probably the least sexy guy on the face of earth,” the magazine quotes him as saying.

6. Ira Dean: Wild and crazy, completely uninhibited Dean plays bass for the hit trio Trick Pony, which got its start playing regularly in clubs like Coyote Joe’s.

7. Billy Currington: His video for “I Got a Feelin’ ” was named one of the sexiest videos of all time by CMT.

8. John Rich: One-half of the duo Big & Rich, his unconventional style, both personal and musical, are shaking things up.

9. Trent Willmon: He told Country Weekly he’s looking for a woman who is “easygoing like I am and low-maintenance.”

10. Keith Burns: The other guy in Trick Pony, on the charts with a remake of “It’s a Heartache.”

11. Blaine Larsen: Clean-cut Larsen is the youngest guy on the list. He’s 18, according to his Web site.

12. Jon Randall: Described by friends as a true Texas gentleman, Randall owns over 30 pairs of cowboy boots.

My picks……

Keith Anderson
Keith Anderson

Billy Currington
Billy Currington

Who cares if they can sing….

-Bruce (GayPatriot) – gaypatriot2004@aol.com

1. Why in the heck do people just go on and on about Keith Urban? I mean, ok, he’s got a good voice and he’s Aussie which like an automatic +5 points on the hotness scale, but with the hair, clothes, and all, he looks like the bastard child of Johnny Reznik of the GooGoo Dolls and all the band mates of Bon Jovi in their current incarnation. Sorry, but I like my men a bit more rugged looking than that. You know, not so much like one of those people who could possible have a vagina.

I’m with Bruce on this one. Keith Anderson is a nice looking guy. I may need to amend my laminated list of the 5 famous people that I’m allowed to have sex with outside of my relationship (ok, guys, for real now, that’s just a joke the BF and I have…it’s a throw back to an episode of Friends…even though I really do have my card w/ Tim McGraw, Christopher Meloni, Vin Diesel, Collin Farrel, and Jason Statham on it), but I’m just not sure if Keith Anderson is famous enough yet. Hmmm…

Comment by ARCountryBoy — August 26, 2005 @ 4:29 pm - August 26, 2005

2. I know that rap and hip hop has been notably very homophobic. I wonder how homophobic country music is.

Comment by Justin — August 26, 2005 @ 5:10 pm - August 26, 2005

3. You’d be surprised, Justin. The fact that I’m so well-versed in country music, and especially in older country music, has actually been a huge door-opener for me when it comes to talking to people about gay issues. I guess they feel much more comfortable with a guy who not only knows who Bob Wills and Marty Robbins is, but also what they sang and played.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 26, 2005 @ 5:45 pm - August 26, 2005

4. NDT — Sorry I didn’t have time to connect while I’ve been in Dallas. I was stuck at the hotel the whole time with no free time at all.

Thanks for the invite, though!

-Bruce

Comment by GayPatriot — August 26, 2005 @ 5:53 pm - August 26, 2005

5. QC’s Top Five:

#1 Keith Urban
    #2 Joe Nichols
    #3 Dierks Bentley
    #4 Billy Currington
    #5 Keith Anderson

Comment by Queer Conservative (Kevin) — August 26, 2005 @ 7:50 pm - August 26, 2005

6. What the hell is going on here? Has this blog suddenly turned into “Tiger Beat”? “Ooo, Billy Currington is so dreamy! I’m going to marry him some day.”

Comment by Andre — August 26, 2005 @ 8:11 pm - August 26, 2005

7. Older country music — a “huge door opener”? What are you doing — going around to people’s houses there in Dallas, campaigning for gay issues, singing “I Was Born A Coal Miner’s Daughter”?

In gingham no less…

“In a cabin on a hill in Butcher holler. We wuz po’ but we had luv — that was one thang my daddy make sure of. He shuveled co-al to feed a miner’s daughter.”

Hell, no wonder Bruce passed up a visit.

Comment by Reader — August 26, 2005 @ 9:16 pm - August 26, 2005

8. I have to agree with your pick: Keith Anderson.

He is hot.

Comment by Mike — August 26, 2005 @ 11:27 pm - August 26, 2005

9. Well, GP, oddly enough, I’m suddenly going to have to be in DC Sunday night through Wednesday evening…….

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 26, 2005 @ 11:39 pm - August 26, 2005

10. Older country music — a “huge door opener”? What are you doing — going around to people’s houses there in Dallas, campaigning for gay issues, singing “I Was Born A Coal Miner’s Daughter”?

Oh, no need to go to such extremes, Reader. It just makes people much more comfortable to find out that there are gay people out there who like the same kind of music that they do.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 26, 2005 @ 11:49 pm - August 26, 2005

11. No, I understood that (just being silly in the retort). I think your approach makes sense. I grew up in middle Tennessee and slap dab in the middle of country music. Totally immersed in it ’til about 16 — then wanted to avoid it at all costs. But, now, when we’re driving down South visiting, I enjoy running into the music again — assuming I can’t get Air America, right?

Comment by Reader — August 27, 2005 @ 8:35 am - August 27, 2005

12. Heh, NDT — did you notice that I actually know the lyrics to “Coal Miner’s Daughter”? Or at least, what I remember of them.

Comment by Reader — August 27, 2005 @ 8:36 am - August 27, 2005

13. My kid told me this morning he wants to start a Country Death Metal band, but he has to find a fiddle player first.

He wanted to name it ‘Chupacabra,’ but that was taken.

Comment by V the K — August 27, 2005 @ 1:12 pm - August 27, 2005

14. My kid told me this morning he wants to start a Country Death Metal band, He wanted to name it ‘Chupacabra,’ but that was taken.
    Comment by V the K —
    ===================
    Hmmm…,

country…,

death…,

metal…,

hmmmm…,

He can call the band

Lynch Mob!

Comment by chandler in hollywood — August 27, 2005 @ 7:06 pm - August 27, 2005

15. Has anyone else noticed the missing rhyme in “Hillbillies Like It In The Hay”? After several verses that rhyme, we get:

something, something that sweet, sweet grass
    Hillbillies like it in the

Comment by mrsizer — August 28, 2005 @ 12:48 pm - August 28, 2005

16. “Lynch Mob.”
    That is very funny, Chandler.

Comment by anon — August 28, 2005 @ 1:59 pm - August 28, 2005

17. I was out out town during this Socratic dialogue, but I wanted to add Trace Adkins. Man, all he has to do is say “Hey” with that voice. And in One Hot Mama, when he sings, “Do ya wanna?”…oh, yeah!

Comment by EssEm — September 1, 2005 @ 10:53 am - September 1, 2005

18. Keith Urban is so hott! I just luv his accent.

Comment by chasity — March 28, 2006 @ 3:25 pm - March 28, 2006

19. I would have to say that Keith Anderson is really hot. There are gay guys that are Country Music Stars. I think its is a lot harder to come out of the closet if you are in rap or hip hop or country. I would say it must be the hardest to come out of the closet if you are a Country Music star and you a male. I think its sad because you should be proud of who you are. I am not saying wear a shirt that says “Hey I am gay” with big pink letters.
    But if you really think about it. Would you want to come out. How about all those str8 readnecks that buy theses guys CD’s. They would not be buying it if they new he was gay or bi. At least that is what I think. I am from vermont. Which is really redneck and country. I mean most of the hot guys are rednecks lol

Comment by Daniel — July 16, 2006 @ 12:53 am - July 16, 2006