Weblog Awards — UNITE FOR ETHAN!

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 4:01 pm - December 13, 2005.
Filed under: Blogging

It has been a rough few days here at GayPatriot HQ. Dan is busy with school, I’m up to my eyeballs in digging out of boxes after the move from Virginia, and to top it all off…. the GayPatriot site has been down for technical reasons for the past 18 hours or so. (My apologies for that!)

Meanwhile, the giggling trolls over at BlogActive and Democratic Underground have turned the Best LGBT Weblog Award contest into a GayPatriot vs. BratBoySchool “in-the-family” battle. It seems they are reading a lot into the unintended silence on this site about the contest and mushrooming it into some fantasy battle.

While any self-respecting competitor wants to win a contest he enters, I haven’t been able to campaign they way I wanted to this year. Plus, a number of the nominees lined up behind Ethan @ BratBoySchool late last week.

Now that I finally have a ‘almost-decent’ Internet connection after five days, I’d like to join them and endorse BratBoySchool for Best LGBT Blog!!

(PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR BRATBOYSCHOOL!!)

The Gay Conservative Bloggers are united to defeat the forces of nuttiness on the Gay Left! Take that, Pam’s House Blend!

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. You guys are very generous and certainly made it a race. I am afraid I do not understand the politics of the Weblog Awards just yet. However, I will do as you two wish with my eight daily votes :0). By the way, Pam is giving away an L.L. Bean flannel shirt and a pair of Doc Martens for each vote for her site.

Comment by Scott — December 13, 2005 @ 4:57 pm - December 13, 2005

2. I’m still voting away. Daily. 🙂

Comment by Kevin W — December 13, 2005 @ 5:32 pm - December 13, 2005

3. Definately need to reintroduce competition to public school curriculum so that more people can understand the concept of wanting very much to win and being happy for the winner when you don’t.

Comment by Synova — December 13, 2005 @ 9:00 pm - December 13, 2005

4. I don’t see the appeal of the Bratboy blog. Many of the other blogs were much better – yours, Boifromtroy, Good As You, and yes, Pam Spaulding’s.

BTW, Pam Spaulding caught a story that you all missed – until I pointed it out to you – the anti-gay campaigning by Democrats against Jerry Kilgore. I got the story from Pam, then sent the tip to Dan Blatt (GPW) and he posted it here.

Comment by Eva Young — December 13, 2005 @ 9:35 pm - December 13, 2005

5. Sorry, but I have been voting for you on 3 computers every day since this started, can’t stop now.

Comment by scgeecheegirl — December 13, 2005 @ 10:41 pm - December 13, 2005

6. Very classy, guys, to endorse Ethan. I agree, that PHB site is downright nutty. Let’s make a final push and make sure a positive outlook defeats anger.

Comment by Jake — December 13, 2005 @ 11:05 pm - December 13, 2005

7. At the risk of coming across as a nutcracker,

Am I to understand that this isn’t about which blogs we think are the best, but rather a popularity contest?

Comment by ThatGayConservative — December 14, 2005 @ 12:57 am - December 14, 2005

8. Im being positive too. I gave 1 vote to Ethan, 1 vote to Pam.
    Best wishes to all the candidates in the poll.

Comment by Matt — December 14, 2005 @ 3:01 am - December 14, 2005

9. Stop voting and disturb my new morning routine?!?! Perish the thought 🙂

Comment by JonInAtlanta — December 14, 2005 @ 9:45 am - December 14, 2005

10. Way to snatch mere defeat from the jaws of ignominious defeat…

Comment by Anonymous — December 14, 2005 @ 11:44 am - December 14, 2005

11. I’ve seen Bruce pitch a fit before, and let me tell you its not pretty. Do what he asks or suffer the consequences. Don’t make me have to tell you “I told you so!”

On another note, this award really has nothing to do with which blog is the best. Any online “poll” that allows people to vote multiple times has nothing to do with quality. Let’s all remember how even after President Bush beat Kerry in the second debate in 2004, all the liberal news websites had “polls” showing Kerry winning the debate by 70%.

Comment by PatriotPal — December 14, 2005 @ 2:46 pm - December 14, 2005

12. GP,
    Your endorsement encouraged me to read Ethan’s blog….I’m afraid I have to agree with Chandler (and Eva) on this one….sawdust (from cutting panelling).

You, Robbie at “The Malcontent” and Homocon are so much better.

Triangulation at its best

Comment by John — December 15, 2005 @ 12:00 am - December 15, 2005

13. Hey PatriotPal…shut up and call me back…or else! 🙂

Comment by GayPatriot — December 15, 2005 @ 6:56 am - December 15, 2005

14. #12
    John,
    I seem to be communicating tepathically as I do not se an earlier post of mine.

Hmmmmmm.

But I am glad you agree.
    =

Comment by chandler in hoillywood — December 15, 2005 @ 4:30 pm - December 15, 2005

15. #14 (formerly #15/#16)

I’ll agree with you again. I don’t like the removal of posts because it makes it difficult (or impossible) for any reader here to determine what other posters(who haven’t been deleted) are referring to. As a whole, your snarkiness doesn’t add much to the conversation, but I don’t dismiss you automatically.

Comment by John — December 16, 2005 @ 12:08 am - December 16, 2005