Nominations for Conservative Diva Close on 12/21

Last week, I announced our upcoming poll(s) to determine our conservative divas. In addition to the names I recommended in that post, a number of you have commented (or otherwise chimed in) with your nominations. In this contest, a diva is a “strong, talented woman who commands the respect of men.” We’re going to close nominations at midnight PST on Wednesday, December 21 PST (3 AM EST on 12/22) and run our first poll — for conservative blogress diva — starting on Thursday the 22nd.

So far the nominees for conservative blogress diva are Ann Althouse, Tammy Bruce, Polipundit‘s Lorie Byrd, Bridget Johnson (GOP Vixen), National Review Online‘s K-Lo (Kathryn Jean Lopez), Michelle Malkin, Pamela of Atlas Shrugs, Cathy Seipp and Cathy Young.

If you have additional nominees, please list them in the comments section below or e-mail me.

1. In a fit of characteristic shameless self-promotion, I nominate myself.

Comment by Fausta — December 19, 2005 @ 8:59 pm - December 19, 2005

2. One more guys – Megan McArdle, “Jane Galt” I believe –

she is really kind of a libertarian centrist, who can understand/appreciate the War on Terror – which in today’s crazy world, may as well make her a Conservative Diva!

Comment by Calarato — December 19, 2005 @ 10:38 pm - December 19, 2005

3. Thanks so much for including me in such an incredibly talented group of women. I don’t think I have ever been referred to as a diva before, but my daughter will be impressed.

Comment by Lorie Byrd — December 20, 2005 @ 12:35 am - December 20, 2005

4. Calarato, that’s a good one. She wrote a long thoughtful piece on gay marriage once.

Comment by GayPatriotWest — December 20, 2005 @ 2:48 am - December 20, 2005

5. But not Sondra K? I guess she dissed BM once too often, huh?

Comment by V the K — December 20, 2005 @ 8:10 am - December 20, 2005

6. Betsy Newmark – Betsy’s page

Comment by dittybopper — December 20, 2005 @ 1:31 pm - December 20, 2005

7. I nominate Gay Patriot herself.

Comment by jimmy — December 20, 2005 @ 1:54 pm - December 20, 2005