People Who Need To Go Back In The Closet

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 12:47 pm - January 13, 2006.
Filed under: Blogging,Gay America

I can’t think of anyone better suited to be at the top of that list than former NJ Governor Jim McGreevey, despite our illustrious national gay “rights” groups labeling him as “courageous.”

Unfortunately, as PatriotPartner said this morning, McGreevey is on Minute 19 out of 15 as he is now a blogger.

The NJ Blog has the scoop.

Based on McGreevey’s posting at Huffington, I think he has missed the idea of what blogging is all about. It isn’t supposed to be Chapter 1 of 1,000 in War and Peace. Short, brief thoughts or opinions. Frankly, I fell asleep after paragraph one and now could care less who the hell Marsha Timpson even is. Actually I think the first line of the posting hints that this is going to be a wordy piece:

From the moment you cross the state line, you see and feel the difference.

If Mixner and McGreevey wanted to write a novel, fine. But I don’t think Jimbo will be winning any blogging awards in the near future. Of course, I can’t say much on that front, eh? Always the best man.. never the groom.

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. Jim McGreevey blogging? That’s begging for parody.

Comment by V the K — January 13, 2006 @ 12:55 pm - January 13, 2006

2. Off-Topic: Canada Justice Department Recommends Legalizing Polygamy.

A new study for the federal Justice Department says Canada should get rid of its law banning polygamy and change other legislation to help women and children living in such multiple-spouse relationships.

Instead, Canadian laws should be changed to better accommodate the problems of women in polygamous marriages, providing them clearer spousal support and inheritance rights. – Emphasis mine.

All you people who attacked me when I said that polygamists could pursue marital rights using the same benefits-based legal arguments as same-sex marriage, I await your apologies.

Comment by V the K — January 13, 2006 @ 1:59 pm - January 13, 2006

3. From the moment you cross the state line, you see and feel the difference

Boy, ain’t that the truth (and he forgot “smell the difference”). Crossing from Pennsylvania into New Jersey is like crossing from Indiana into Illinois, or more to the point, leaving the United States for Europe.

I don’t go to NJ unless I can’t help it. I like Pennsylvania, even if I have to put up with Arlen Specter.

Comment by rightwingprof — January 13, 2006 @ 3:49 pm - January 13, 2006

4. But God bless you, RightWingProf – you still have Rick Santorum!

Regards,
    Peter Hughes

Comment by Peter Hughes — January 13, 2006 @ 8:23 pm - January 13, 2006

5. You didn’t mention that his co-blogger is David Mixner. Ack.

Comment by Patrick (Gryph) — January 14, 2006 @ 2:25 am - January 14, 2006

6. I just think there ought to be a contest to see which is the most corrupt state – NJ or LA.

I was trying to think of a judge like Pelosi, who seems so judgemental of corruption, but then she obviously wouldn’t know corruption if it bit her in the arse, which it has.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — January 14, 2006 @ 2:29 am - January 14, 2006

7. I hope it’s NJ, since I live here. I don’t want to imagine that it could be worse else where. That’s one area, though, in which there is true bipartisanship, as both parties have their share of corruption, and many times go all out and try to outcorrupt the other party. I’ve met one of the Republicans who has spent time in jail. Hope he is able to stay clean and out of jail, as I get free drinks from him from time to time.

Comment by Pat — January 14, 2006 @ 9:12 am - January 14, 2006

8. RWP, don’t stoop to cheap “Jersey jokes”. That’s so 20th century. Seriously.

Comment by glisteny — January 17, 2006 @ 12:19 am - January 17, 2006

9. Anyone out there know what happened to McGreevey’s boy toy? Is he back in Israel, or what? Anyone care to follow up?

Regards,