“Wacko” Blogs on Left Get More Traffic than do “Wackos” on Right

Posted by GayPatriotWest at 9:32 pm - January 21, 2006.
Filed under: Blogging,Bush-hatred,Liberals

You know what the difference between the wacko blogs on the Right and the wacko blogs on the Left is? The wacko blogs on the right don’t draw high traffic from conservative readers. Liberal blog readers, however, have driven their wacko blogs to the top of the traffic rankings. Many of the top ranked right-leaning blogs could be described as edgy, but none come close to the wacko factor of DailyKos.

Polipundit‘s Lorie Byrd. (Emphasis added)

Check out Lorie’s post to learn how it’s left-wing blogs as well as left-leaning news reporters are suggesting the President (and/or his aides) is somehow involved in the timing of the release of the latest Osama tape.

1. I don’t visit either, so I’ll take your word for it and drink to that.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — January 22, 2006 @ 12:39 am - January 22, 2006

2. Do you think that one of the reasons that far right sites are less visited is because that demographic really don’t own (or the Rent-ACenter has repossed ) or know how to use computers?

Comment by Come On! — January 22, 2006 @ 10:37 am - January 22, 2006

3. Do you think that one of the reasons that far right sites are less visited is because that demographic really don’t own (or the Rent-ACenter has repossed ) or know how to use computers?

That’s doubtful, as over 60% of households in the US have at least one computer.

Comment by rightwingprof — January 22, 2006 @ 10:50 am - January 22, 2006

4. Joe Lieberman’s former communication director discusses one aspect of this phenomenon more at Opinion Journal: Left-wing bloggers observe the Alito hearings from an alternative universe.

We think that if we simply call someone conservative, anti-choice and anti-civil rights, that’s enough to scare people to our side. But that tired dogma won’t hunt in today’s electorate, which is far more independent-thinking and complex in its views on values than our side presumes.

I think he gets it.

Comment by V the K — January 22, 2006 @ 10:52 am - January 22, 2006

5. #2 — It’s more likely because conservatives are at work and raising families. Whereas the country’s colleges, schools, parent’s basements, and mental institutions are filled with unemployable, anti-scoial left-wingers with nothing better to do all day than post to Kos.

Comment by V the K — January 22, 2006 @ 10:55 am - January 22, 2006

6. That explains why no one visits my blog. It’s none of the above.

Comment by sonicfrog — January 22, 2006 @ 11:30 am - January 22, 2006

7. It takes time, Sonic Frog. Both for the blogger to find his voice and for the audience to find the blogger.

Comment by V the K — January 22, 2006 @ 12:30 pm - January 22, 2006

8. Come On!, I think this says much about the depth of animosity of the Left. Michelle Malkin discusses this at length in her book
    Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild
    which I recommend.

Comment by GayPatriotWest — January 22, 2006 @ 12:31 pm - January 22, 2006

9. Ha! I tihnk Wacko Right Wing blogs are a little bit biased, this one is wacko, that’s why I’m here. Michelle Malkin is WAY WACKO. Can’t make a proper sentence, doesn’t udnerstand what facts are. I think it’s a bit biased, and the left would say that right wing “Wacko” blogs get more traffic.

Comment by Joey — January 22, 2006 @ 1:31 pm - January 22, 2006

10. I think the reason is simple — the left-wing IS wacko.

Comment by Hello Moto — January 22, 2006 @ 4:34 pm - January 22, 2006

11. You liberal demoncRATS can’t have it both ways. Either Bush is a moronic idiot who can’t tie his own shoes in the morning, or he’s some ruthless, scheming Machiavelli who (a) blew up the levees in New Orleans, (b) found a way to skew the ecosystem and create hurricanes, (c) timed the release of the Osama bin Laden tapes to create a news cycle or (d) all of the above.

At least be consistent…and maybe the public will believe you.

Regards,
    Peter Hughes

Comment by Peter Hughes — January 22, 2006 @ 4:41 pm - January 22, 2006

12. #s 5, 6 & 10

I’ll drink to that.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — January 22, 2006 @ 8:14 pm - January 22, 2006

13. Michelle Malkin is WAY WACKO

Just for you.

Comment by rightwingprof — January 23, 2006 @ 8:05 am - January 23, 2006

14. Michelle Malkin is, indeed, way wacko.

A couple of years ago, she was on a talk show program here in Boston who was hosted by David Brudnoy (a name that some of you might recognize). She went on and on about a missing tanker and opinied that it might be used as a terrorist tool. I had envisioned it as being a ship, which might actually do some damage. To confirm, I did a search, and learned that she was referring to a tanker truck.

A truck? Give me a break. How much damage could something like that do?

She is a nut. Actually she is not a nut. The people why buy and read her columns are nuts. She has a gig, and she’s playing it for as much as she can get.

Comment by raj — January 23, 2006 @ 9:32 am - January 23, 2006

15. sonicfrog — January 22, 2006 @ 11:30 am – January 22, 2006

That explains why no one visits my blog. It’s none of the above.

Check out http://www.gather.com/ if you want to advertise your blog. I know little about it, but there was an article about it in the Boston Globe last week.

Comment by raj — January 23, 2006 @ 9:38 am - January 23, 2006

16. #14
    You say “A truck? Give me a break. How much damage could something like that do?”

How about asking the people in Oklahoma City that question.

Comment by wmrhtaylor — January 23, 2006 @ 6:21 pm - January 23, 2006

17. And that was just a truck full of explosives. Think of what would have happened had they tossed a couple tens of pounds of radioactive material on it for good measure…..widespread contamination, hindering the rescue, etc.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — January 23, 2006 @ 10:13 pm - January 23, 2006

18. Perhaps the left blog are simply more interesting, after all how many times do you need to read the same GOP talking points.

From my experience at so called conservative blogs, if you say anything they don’t like they they simply block you from using the site, the left will discuss the issue.

Lets me test this idea here. The idea of a gay Republican makes me want to vomit.

Comment by tomg802 — January 25, 2006 @ 12:00 pm - January 25, 2006

19. wmrhtaylor — January 23, 2006 @ 6:21 pm – January 23, 2006

How about asking the people in Oklahoma City that question.

Oh. Tim McVeigh blew up a building. It is a deal. Not a major deal, as might be the case if a tanker ship were to be blown up in a major US port.

I won’t opine that buildings in the US get blown up frequently, but the fact that Malkin’s missing truck apparently hasn’t been used for much seems to suggest that her prattling is nothing more than for the purpose of public relations.

Comment by raj — January 27, 2006 @ 7:51 am - January 27, 2006

20. North Dallas Thirty — January 23, 2006 @ 10:13 pm – January 23, 2006

You are funny. You don’t really believe that, if a terrorist organization wanted to spread radioactive material over a wide area, they would have to limit themselves to explosives, do you? Having observed farming techniques, it is clear to me that they could just travel around, periodically release the radioactive material, and observe what happens. No “boom” is required.

Comment by raj — January 27, 2006 @ 7:59 am - January 27, 2006

21. Excellent point of view. I wish there were more comments like this. I must say this is one of the betters sites I have come across –Regard, Nick

Comment by disaster recovery center — February 16, 2006 @ 5:55 pm - February 16, 2006