GayPatriot At SuperBowl XL….almost

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 5:53 pm - January 30, 2006.
Filed under: Blogging,Sports

I have more exciting news about our expanding GayPatriot family. This week we have a special “Revolving BlogPatriot” who will be covering Super Bowl XL activities from Detroit, Michigan.

(drum roll)

It is none other than Mike, a.k.a. “republic of m“. Here’s a brief bio of Mike that he sent to me earlier today.

I am Mike and I am a Michigander thru and thru. Born and raised in the Flint area (yes in the same area that Michael Moore grew up. No one likes him there either), I have lived in Metro Detroit since 2000. I attended the University of Michigan, where I double majored in History and Anthropology. I was briefly married (yes to a woman, I know it was a mistake), but I am actually gay, and currently single – I know this isn’t a personals ad, but hey you never know. I am 31 and love anything and everything about politics, which is why I started RepublicOfM.com (feel free to visit). If you would like to know anything else, my e-mail address is in the sidebar to your right.

Welcome Mike, and we are looking forward to his reports from the Motor City during this Super Week. (With photos to come, too!!)

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. Another Michigan alum. I feel so not alone.

Comment by V the K — January 30, 2006 @ 6:07 pm - January 30, 2006

2. So are you a troll (from below the bridge)?

Comment by ThatGayConservative — January 30, 2006 @ 6:56 pm - January 30, 2006

3. Grand Rapids and Environs.

Comment by V the K — January 30, 2006 @ 7:03 pm - January 30, 2006

4. But just for the record, I would move to Escanaba in half a heartbeat if I had the chance.

Comment by V the K — January 30, 2006 @ 7:08 pm - January 30, 2006

5. And about the SuperBowl. I almost hate to admit it, but part of me is thinking of sitting this one out. As the SuperBowl becomes more about the trappings and hype, and less about the game, I gotta confess, not as interested as I once was.

Comment by V the K — January 31, 2006 @ 7:53 am - January 31, 2006

6. I got my first hate e-mail – check it out here

Comment by republic of m — January 31, 2006 @ 8:49 am - January 31, 2006

7. Good luck in your postings, republic of m. As a fellow gay conservative Wolverine, I think we’re the very definition of “rarely occurring anomaly” in A2.

Dismiss Ridor’s hate-filled email. He’s bitter, vicious, outrageous when intelligence won’t work, and a self-promoting, loathsome bore. Aside from that, he’s issued hate emails to intimidate about every gay conservative in America; which, given the results of his labors means he’s impotent, too –and I mean intellectually, not physically.

Comment by Michigan-Matt — January 31, 2006 @ 9:27 am - January 31, 2006

8. #7 — I think at one time, I could have been the U/M’s biggest indoctrination failure. I’m a religious conservative, I work in the defense industry, I drive full-size 4×4 pick-up, and I lived in South Carolina for three years.

What’s creepier than Ridor’s hate e-mails… are Ridor’s “flirtatious” e-mails.

Comment by V the K — January 31, 2006 @ 10:22 am - January 31, 2006

9. And about the SuperBowl. I almost hate to admit it, but part of me is thinking of sitting this one out.

Sit the next one out. The Steelers are playing Sunday.

Comment by rightwingprof — February 1, 2006 @ 11:58 am - February 1, 2006

10. Yeah, but every year it gets harder to cut through the hype and the lame “show business” BS and just enjoy the game.

Comment by V the K — February 3, 2006 @ 7:25 am - February 3, 2006