I’m with Michelle Malkin on this one…. if you do nothing else today, go to this website and start reading the truth about Saddam’s ties to Al Qaeda. The “Lie” from the Democrats and our beloved news media is about to be destroyed.
Over at the Jawa Report, the first of many smoking guns coming direct to you from the filing cabinets of Saddam’s regime. Direct links between bin Laden and Saddam’s government in a memo dated four days after the attacks of 9/11/2001.
Below is a translation from Arabic to English of CMPC-2003-001488 document that was posted on Pentagon Website regarding the pre-war Iraq documents. (http://fmso.leavenworth.army.mil/products-docex.htm#iraq).
Text of the document in English translated from Arabic.
In the Name of God the Merciful
Presidency of the Republic
To the respectful Mr. M.A.M
Our source in Afghanistan No 11002 (for information about him see attachment 1) provided us with information that that Afghani Consul Ahmad Dahestani (for information about him see attachment 2) told him the following:
1. That Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban in Afghanistan are in contact with Iraq and it that previously a group from Taliban and Osama Bin Laden group visited Iraq.
2. That America has proof that the government of Iraq and Osama Bin Laden group have shown cooperation to hit target within America.
3. That in case it is proven the involvement of Osama Bin Laden group and the Taliban in these destructive operations it is possible that American will conduct strikes in Iraq and Afghanistan.
4. That the Afghani Consul heard about the subject of Iraq relation with Osama Bin Laden group during his stay in Iran.
5. In light of this we suggest to write to the Commission of the above information.
Please view… Yours… With regards
Signature:……, Initials : A.M.M, 15/9/2001
Foot note: Immediately send to the Chairman of Commission
Shouldn’t this be the lead story on NBC Nightly News, Dateline, TODAY, the Olbermann Report, etc., etc., etc.? If our news media were truly interested in serving our national defense interests, they would pay people to translate these documents as quickly as possible.
Would any responsible President not have attacked Iraq after 9/11 knowing what we thought we knew at the time about the connections between Iraq and al Qaeda. Even the 9/11 Commission conceded there were ties. I can’t believe there is even a debate still going on about whether our pre-emptive attack on Iraq was warranted. The more truth that comes out from Saddam’s own files, the better.
**UPDATE** – The American public obviously agrees with me….
On the third anniversary of the start of the U.S.-led war in Iraq, majorities of Americans feel that the Iraqi people are better off today and the United States is safer.