I have to give a hat tip for the above headline from a caller to Sean Hannity’s show today. He said it to illustrate that the captured documents of Zarqawi actually show how well our military is doing in the War on Terror – Iraqi Theatre.
The situation and conditions of the resistance in Iraq have reached a point that requires a review of the events and of the work being done inside Iraq. Such a study is needed in order to show the best means to accomplish the required goals, especially that the forces of the National Guard have succeeded in forming an enormous shield protecting the American forces and have reduced substantially the losses that were solely suffered by the American forces. This is in addition to the role, played by the Shi’a (the leadership and masses) by supporting the occupation, working to defeat the resistance and by informing on its elements.
As an overall picture, time has been an element in affecting negatively the forces of the occupying countries, due to the losses they sustain economically in human lives, which are increasing with time. However, here in Iraq, time is now beginning to be of service to the American forces and harmful to the resistance for the following reasons:
1. By allowing the American forces to form the forces of the National Guard, to reinforce them and enable them to undertake military operations against the resistance.
2. By undertaking massive arrest operations, invading regions that have an impact on the resistance, and hence causing the resistance to lose many of its elements.
3. By undertaking a media campaign against the resistance resulting in weakening its influence inside the country and presenting its work as harmful to the population rather than being beneficial to the population.
4. By tightening the resistance’s financial outlets, restricting its moral options and by confiscating its ammunition and weapons.
5. By creating a big division among the ranks of the resistance and jeopardizing its attack operations, it has weakened its influence and internal support of its elements, thus resulting in a decline of the resistance’s assaults.
6. By allowing an increase in the number of countries and elements supporting the occupation or at least allowing to become neutral in their stand toward us in contrast to their previous stand or refusal of the occupation.
7. By taking advantage of the resistance’s mistakes and magnifying them in order to misinform.
Make no mistake. This is an Al-Qaeda in Iraq document. The “resistance” is Al-Qaeda, which was led by a now dead Jordanian. This “resistance” is the worldwide fight against America, not the “insurgency” in Iraq.
Glenn Reynolds makes an observant point on the Zarqawi documents…
Terrorism is an information war disguised as a military operation. The press plays a symbiotic role, and isn’t willing to address that.
The Zarqawi document goes on to show that his forces, unlike American Democrats, realize this is truly a global war.
We have noticed that the best of these wars to be ignited is the one between the Americans and Iran, because it will have many benefits in favor of the Sunni and the resistance, such as:
1. Freeing the Sunni people in Iran, who are (30 percent) of the population and under the Shi’a Rule.
2. Drowning the Americans in another war that will engage many of their forces.
3. The possibility of acquiring new weapons from the Iranian side, either after the fall of Iran or during the battles.
4. To entice Iran towards helping the resistance because of its need for its help.
5. Weakening the Shi’a supply line.
I’m sure this treasure trove of information from Zarqawi’s safe house will result in more good news for America in its fight against Islamic terror — that, of course, automatically means bad news for American Democrats and the American news media who are aiding and abetting our enemies by undermining our war effort here and abroad.
UPDATE (from GPW): Just before bed, I saw the last segment of Hannity & Colmes where Hannity replayed an interview with the Vice President who said that the documents had not yet been authenticated as products of Al-Qaeda.