I hope everyone is enjoying a long holiday weekend. Our trip to the Calgary Stampede and the Dude Ranch Vacation begins this Thursday. Before then I hope to post my review of Superman Returns which we saw last night. (Hint, I was right!)
Until then, here are some “bits & pieces”.
- There’s a new website keeping track of the latest anti-American diatribes and money-making from Cindy Sheehan.
- My new favorite TV show: Treasure Hunters on NBC. (TiVO Alert — It is on tonight at 9pm Eastern). It is a reality show that takes elements of the movies National Treasure and DaVinci Code, and puts contestants in a real life treasure hunt combined with great elements of American history. Love it!
- Support the Troops (for real) this July 4th. Donate to a cause that helps our soldiers in battle or at home. Here’s a new one I’ve been made aware of: Soldier Ride 2006.
Each year Soldier Ride sponsors a cross-country cycling event to aid in the rehabilitation of the brave men and women who return home with injuries incurred in the current military conflicts abroad. Participation in our cycling events provides these wounded warriors a foundation for the development of a positive self-image and outlook on life, which speeds the rehabilitation and recovery process. Soldier Ride provides each of the brave men and women who participate in our ride with the adaptive equipment they need to cycle, even when missing one or more limbs.
The theme of our 2006 cross-country ride is “America Still Remembers.”
- ThatGayConservative has moved back to Blogger. Pray for him 🙂
- Finally, please do your part to honor the first victims/heroes in the War on Terror. The Pentagon Memorial is under construction. Please donate! (This one’s for you, Joe!)