Best Name In 2006 Elections

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 6:14 am - October 26, 2006.
Filed under: 2006 Elections

I’m sorry…. I know it is juvenile…. but I just can’t resist.

We have a Republican candidate running for Superior Court Judge in North Carolina named Richard Boner.   Yep, Dick Boner.

You really can’t make this stuff up.

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. How can he not win with a name like that?

Comment by Rod Stanton — October 26, 2006 @ 8:14 am - October 26, 2006

2. In high school, I was friends with a pair of identical twins, Todd and Tom Dick. They were both gay. There was also a gay RA in my college dorm with the last name Morcock.

Comment by V the K — October 26, 2006 @ 9:22 am - October 26, 2006

3. I had a student whose grandfather from the Fuchs family had (wisely) emigrated from Germany to Venezuela in the 30s and hispanicized his family name to Fux. Her name was Desire.

She got a lot of snickers for that.

Comment by rightwingprof — October 26, 2006 @ 10:17 am - October 26, 2006

4. I hope that guy doesn’t have a female relative called Ophelia.

Comment by Jimbo — October 26, 2006 @ 10:21 am - October 26, 2006

5. Well, like I always say, a hard man is good to find.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — October 26, 2006 @ 10:34 am - October 26, 2006

6. Wasn’t there a congressman from New Hampshire a while back called Dick Swett?

Comment by kdogg36 — October 26, 2006 @ 10:53 am - October 26, 2006

7. Vera once knew a woman with the last name of ‘Greathead’.

Can’t recall her first name – but I’m sure you’ll think of something obscene.

It’s Vera’s understanding the name was, shall we say, not accurate.

Comment by Vera Charles — October 26, 2006 @ 10:53 pm - October 26, 2006

8. Went to school with a Lacy Sheets.

Guy was a real pain in the aft, and must have really pissed off his parents…

Comment by The_Livewire — October 27, 2006 @ 2:08 pm - October 27, 2006

9. There is a guy at center for a stateless society, a great libertarian organization named roderick long. he wrote a great essay talking about how iraq should not have a centralized state and should have basically put more power to the communities. I posted it here and there but always had to make a bad joke about the name so no one else would

Comment by lester — October 28, 2006 @ 7:31 pm - October 28, 2006

10. You ARE the bad joke, lester.

Regards,