Belated Realization of GREAT NEWS!

Posted by ColoradoPatriot at 12:23 pm - November 10, 2006.
Filed under: 2006 Elections,War On Terror

You know, it just dawned on me (thanks, Jim Treacher). I’m not sure why it took me two whole days to realize this: Now that the Democrats have won, and (as any of them will tell you) sent a strong message about the war, the World will now be on our side again. So I guess that’s the end of terrorism, then? I imagine now the Iranians and Syrians who are in Iraq killing Americans and Iraqis will lay down their arms because we once again have responsible folks at the helm on Capitol Hill?

1. Hmmm….
    sounds like a good time to stock up on diesel for the auxiliary generator, candles, canned goods and MRE’s, gold and trinkets, and fresh ammo while the Democrats are otherwise preoccupied with celebrating. “Anyone seen last month’s copy of Survivalist Quarterly?”

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — November 10, 2006 @ 12:38 pm - November 10, 2006

2. Yet another ridiculous and misguided post from CP…is there a point to this (or any) of your posts? You should stick to writing posts about more important matters, like your opinion of The Killers’ new album.

Comment by RealColoradoConservative — November 10, 2006 @ 12:40 pm - November 10, 2006

3. “Real” “Colorado” “Conservative” (still unconvinced of any of those):

Sorry to have wasted your time. How long did it take you to type your reply? Should I reimburse you for that time as well?

Comment by ColoradoPatriot — November 10, 2006 @ 12:48 pm - November 10, 2006

4. Oh, and the “point” was irony. Look it up if you haven’t wasted too much time with my post already today.

Comment by ColoradoPatriot — November 10, 2006 @ 12:50 pm - November 10, 2006

5. You were being ironic? Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of your post? So you are saying that the insurgents DON’T care if democrats or republicans are in charge? Doesn’t that run counter to this sites posts from the weeks before the election? Once again your logic confuses me. In the future I’ll promise not to question your conservativeness (which is highly suspect) if you promise to do the same for me (which is very solid, if you doubt that we should get together sometime and compare notes. I’m at the Wrangler every Sunday, sweetie).

Comment by RealColoradoConservative — November 10, 2006 @ 1:10 pm - November 10, 2006

6. CP: The only way your post would make sense, the only way that the election of democrats would make Iranians and Iraqis happy, is if the ridiculous and slanderous assertion that “democrats heart terrorists” was actually true. Since it’s not true, as Bush admitted at his presser on Wednesday, and since Democrats are in fact loyal Americans, opposed to terrorism, and thus are opposed by terrorists, your post is misguded, at best.

If you need any more help disentangling yourself from campaign rhetoric versus reality, let us know. We’re here to help.

Comment by torrentprime — November 10, 2006 @ 1:20 pm - November 10, 2006

7. Enough with the snark, EVERYBODY!

You’re giving me a headache.

Eric in Hollywood

Comment by HollywoodNeoCon — November 10, 2006 @ 1:42 pm - November 10, 2006

8. Okay, “R””C””C”,
    Since the joke is lost anyway, the least I can do is explain it in, oh, shall we say, Sunday afternoon Wranger Beer-Bust terms (very impressive, by the way) (oh, and that was irony as well)?

The Democrats (wrongly, by the way, if you’re paying attention to Connecticut) claim this was some sort of Nation-wide voice against the foreign policy of the Bush Administration. As such, I suppose now that we’ll see the World come around to our support. You know, now that we’ve abandoned the cowboy in favor of more logical people like Nancy Pelosi, John Murtha, and Dennis Kucinich. Thank God they’ve come in to save us from BushHitler! Everybody will be on our side now.

It was an exaggeration to prove a point. Irony. Seriously, check out the concept.

Comment by ColoradoPatriot — November 10, 2006 @ 1:47 pm - November 10, 2006

9. #6: TP:

Um, okay then. By your logic:

(see here and here, from Bruce’s post, which is explicitly what you say, that this has made them happy) must mean that

This is your logic. And your words. Q.E.D.

Seriously guys. Sometimes you make it easier to make my point than I could have otherwise done. For that, thanks.

Comment by ColoradoPatriot — November 10, 2006 @ 1:52 pm - November 10, 2006

10. What’s funny, CP, is that your “irony,” what you chucklingly describe as the approval by terrorists of Democratic elections, is actually also known as “the entire campaign tone and message” from the GOP this election cycle. I agree it wasn’t serious or truthful; it’s good to see you labeling it as less than accurate also.

And you might want to take your analysis of CT and actually look at, I don’t know, more than one state: since 6/10 of exit poll respondees disapprove of Bush’s leadership, since a majority of those polled said we should withdraw some or all of our troops from Iraq, barely a third think the Iraq war and its prosecution have made our country safer, and an earlier poll from the end of October showed a majority wanted Rumsfeld to resign/be fired–well, I’ll let you connect the dots on how America feels about Bush’s foreign policy. Now that’s ironic!

Comment by torrentprime — November 10, 2006 @ 2:05 pm - November 10, 2006

11. [Comment deleted.  This commenter has been repeatedly banned from this blog.]

Comment by Anon1 — November 10, 2006 @ 2:08 pm - November 10, 2006

12. We are SO LUCKY that the terrorist organizations tell you what they want and never lie. Wow–those guys are so unsophisticated! It’s amazing–they actually tell us how to beat them! It’s great that they’re so forthright and honest about their motives! Good thing they’re not trying to spin us. I don’t know how we would live in a world where Muslim terrorists and their apologists don’t tell the truth (“they’re killing themselves outside of the walls…”). We might actually have to consider the possibility that our enemies lie or something, and we wouldn’t allow ourselves to be so blindly led by their every pronouncement–and that would wreak such havok on the GOP playbook.

Comment by torrentprime — November 10, 2006 @ 2:11 pm - November 10, 2006

13. Anon-

I could give a rat’s ass if the “world likes us.” “The World” will not come to our aid if a nuke explodes in Los Angeles.

Will they?

I want American leaders to DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to protect THIS NATION.

Comment by Bruce (GayPatriot) — November 10, 2006 @ 2:15 pm - November 10, 2006

14. Oh, and Anon1, I’m not Bruce. You seem to be unable to understand this, which isn’t sad, but says something about your level of engagement.

As for “being liked”, this says a lot about the psyche of the Left in America these days: They’re more concerned about appearances than actual events and actions. It explains not only their fascination with how we’re viewed, but also their lack of actual policy ideas.

Comment by ColoradoPatriot — November 10, 2006 @ 2:19 pm - November 10, 2006

15. [Comment deleted.  This commenter has been repeatedly banned from this blog.]

Comment by Anon1 — November 10, 2006 @ 2:51 pm - November 10, 2006

16. Wait…was that irony or sarcasm? I think you need to find someone who isn’t an English major to point out the fineries of literary theory to. I’m as confused at your attempt at rhetoric as you are on conservative thought. Are you a tea-totaller or do you just have something against the Wrangler beer bust? You do realize that it is a charity event, right? I’m serious about meeting up though, I’m sure we’d get much more accomplished face-to-face then through anonymous blog-posting…what’s the matter? Are you too chicken to have a conversation with a real conservative and not just a GOP-enabler?

Comment by RealColoradoConservative — November 10, 2006 @ 2:59 pm - November 10, 2006

17. Heavens, “R””C””C”:
    You sure spend a lot of effort reading and responding to my waste of your time.

Nice grammar, by the way (you’d think an English major wouldn’t end his sentences in prepositions, or am I just being sarcastic about your irony?)

Comment by ColoradoPatriot — November 10, 2006 @ 3:06 pm - November 10, 2006

18. Good one CP, you really nailed me on my improper phrasing (I won’t mention your abusive use of quotation marks). Now how about answering my questions.

Comment by RealColoradoConservative — November 10, 2006 @ 3:14 pm - November 10, 2006

19. “R””C””C”:
    No, I will not answer your questions. I tend not to get into my personal life on this site. Bruce and Dan do from time to time, but that’s not my style.
    I will say, though, that I was not aware the Beer Bust was a charity event.
    Not sure what that even has to do with this, however. Nice non-sequitur.

Comment by ColoradoPatriot — November 10, 2006 @ 4:04 pm - November 10, 2006

20. [Comment deleted.  This commenter is now banned from this site due to violation of terms.]

Comment by RealColoradoConservative — November 10, 2006 @ 4:54 pm - November 10, 2006

21. Thank you guys for getting rid of Real Colorado Conservative… it probably came just moments before he offered that he once voted for Reagan, Goldwater and Eisenhower but that GOP has left him at the curb… or some other nonsense.

Good riddance. Raj one day. Anonie-mouse another. RCC now. I have a few more if you care to clean up Dodge City.

Comment by Michigan-Matt — November 10, 2006 @ 6:47 pm - November 10, 2006

22. Wow! I guess this really is a Republican site…make too much sense and you’ll find yourself censored/banned. Thanks for the insight into your character guys! I always new this site was simply for astroturf!

Comment by BannedFromTheRanch — November 10, 2006 @ 7:02 pm - November 10, 2006

23. Hey Banned,

If you really believe that taking personal swipes at people is on par with “making sense,” then perhaps you need to remove the cotton from your ears and place it firmly in your mouth.

Just an opinion.