Nominations Still Open for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2007

Posted by GayPatriotWest at 2:18 am - December 3, 2006.
Filed under: Blogging,Mythology and the real world

As we gay men appreciate strong woman, I have particularly enjoyed discovering the work of some very talented blogresses nominated by our readers in response to my opening up nominations for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2007 just two weeks ago.

Readers reminded me of some blogresses with whom I had been familiar and others of whom I had never heard. As the list of talented nominees has grown considerably, Bruce and I have decided to adopt new rules for this year’s competition. We are keeping nominations open until December 15 at which point we will determine the final roster of nominees, by reviewing the blogs and considering reader’s comments.

Please note that we include libertarian and other non-leftist iconoclastic women as candidates for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva.

A blogress who has been seconded by multiple readers stands a much greater chance of making the final cut (something which will all but guarantee such blogresses as Ann Althouse and e-Claire places on the ballot given the volume of favorable comments (and e-mail) we received singing their praises).

We will begin the first round of balloting on December 17, closing the voting on Christmas Eve. And in the last week of the year, we will have a runoff to determine the Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2007. All nominees, by virtue of their being nominated, are already divas.

I list below the blogresses currently in contention. Feel free to recommend someone who is not on the list. If you like any of these blogresses, please post a favorable word or two on their behalf in the comment section below or in an e-mail to me.

Ann Althouse
The Anchoress
Little Miss Attila
Tammy Bruce
Wizbang‘s Lorie Byrd
Dympha of Gates of Vienna
e-Claire
Jane Galt of Asymmetrical Information
Townhall’s Mary Katharine Ham
Bridget Johnson of GOP Vixen
Reigning Grande Conservative Blogress Diva Sondra K of Knowledge is Power
Carol Platt Liebau
National Review Online‘s K-Lo (Kathryn Jean Lopez)
Kate MacMillan of small dead animals
Michelle Malkin
neo-neo con
Betsy Newmark of Betsy’s Page
Juliette of Baldilocks (and Pajamas)
Pamela of Atlas Shrugs
Pat Santy
Debbie Schlussel
Cathy Seipp
Kathy Shaidle of Relapsed Catholic
Alexandra von Maltzan of All Things Beautiful
Cathy Young.

1. The Diva, Deified…

–at least at Gay Patriot, who is accepting nominations for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2007 until December 15. Surely some PJM ‘strong women’ bloggers will qualify………

Trackback by Pajamas Media — December 3, 2006 @ 8:12 pm - December 3, 2006

2. Divas have no shelf-life. SondraK, please! Funny, bright, eclectic, shoe-worshipping, gun-toting, thong wearing supporter of our Constitutional Republic!

Comment by MCPO Airdale — December 3, 2006 @ 8:47 pm - December 3, 2006

3. Sondra K!

All others pale by comparison!

Comment by Xavier — December 3, 2006 @ 8:49 pm - December 3, 2006

4. We have a winner. LMAO 🙂

First response in a while.

monty

Comment by monty — December 3, 2006 @ 9:00 pm - December 3, 2006

5. Could we have a Grande Conservative Blogress Diva and a Vice Grande Conservative Blogress Diva? I’d so like to have Sondra as the former and Claire as the latter, plus I think of CLaire as more of a kick-ass bulldog like Cheney.

Comment by Scorpius — December 3, 2006 @ 9:05 pm - December 3, 2006

6. I second the Master Chief’s recommendation above — SondraK!

Comment by Bob1 — December 3, 2006 @ 9:15 pm - December 3, 2006

7. Ditto to MCPO Airdale for SondraK!!
    How many other Diva’s climb mountains
    & how many other Divas are willing to show off their cute buns!!
    I think SondraK deserves a continued reign.
    However, I must say that most of this list are winners,
    at least in my world!

Comment by LANCE — December 3, 2006 @ 9:16 pm - December 3, 2006

8. Damn you guys.

Ala Moonstruck: (SLAP!!) “Snap out of it!” 🙂

monty

Comment by monty — December 3, 2006 @ 10:21 pm - December 3, 2006

9. Re-elect Headmistress SondraK of Knowledge is Power!

I am a KisPer and I approved this message… :o)

Semper Fi,

Comment by Colonel Jerry USMC (ret.)_ — December 3, 2006 @ 11:09 pm - December 3, 2006

10. Kira Zalan @ kirazalan.net

Comment by rolly — December 3, 2006 @ 11:33 pm - December 3, 2006

11. WHA?

Comment by SondraK — December 3, 2006 @ 11:53 pm - December 3, 2006

12. Little Miss Attila is one of my daily reads, and is always good for snark, wit and conservative insight.

And even though she dropped me from her blogroll (*ahem ahem!*) I want to put in a plug for the one whom I believe best fits the title and deserves the crown, SondraK of Knowledge Is Power

Comment by Desert Cat — December 4, 2006 @ 12:47 am - December 4, 2006

13. KLo is hot.

Comment by sean — December 4, 2006 @ 1:08 am - December 4, 2006

14. My money is on Ann Althouse. She had a great take down of Andrew “Yes, I SWEAR I am a Conservative” Sullivan last week.

It was priceless.

Ann gets my vote!

Comment by GayPatriot — December 4, 2006 @ 8:12 am - December 4, 2006

15. SondraK all the way!

Comment by Gothguy — December 4, 2006 @ 8:31 am - December 4, 2006

16. I adore the The Anchoress…she is the writer responsible for getting me off the couch and starting my own blog.

Her writing weaves in so many of the different facets of faith vs the world vs the evil around us that we face every day to yummy recipes and funny videos and her ever-simmering obession with Bryn Terfel. Her political insight is very grounded in common sense.

It’s like going over to your favorite sister-in-law’s and just letting it rip after a couple of glasses of wine!

Three Cheers for The Anchoress!

Comment by Obi's Sister — December 4, 2006 @ 9:10 am - December 4, 2006

17. Bruce has a good read on it…. Ann was funny pegging the ever-anal Andie Sullivan.

But Kathy Shaidle at Relapsed Catholic hits the spot more often and with fewer words than most Dan listed for consideration. She was the first I saw note the Brokeback Bush-Harper parody… funny.

Comment by Michigan-Matt — December 4, 2006 @ 10:57 am - December 4, 2006

18. Kathy Shaidle by a mile.

She’s one of the first people ( whether left or right) to have started a blog, and her economy with words often gives her postings extra “umph”.

Her range of topics…religion, culture, politics… means she can keep her readers informed on a wide spectrum of subjects

That said, I’m sure there are many great female bloggers on the right, but who has the time to read ’em all

Comment by John Palubiski — December 4, 2006 @ 12:29 pm - December 4, 2006

19. SondraK
    e-Claire

Bring on the jello pit and have ’em wrestle for it. We all come out winners that way. Like Col Jerry, a fellow KisPer and I approve this message.

Comment by raz0r — December 4, 2006 @ 2:45 pm - December 4, 2006

20. Wow what a line up! In the event of a tie will their be a swimsuit competition run-off? This is one tough field to choose from, they are all good – Kathy Shaidle of Relapsed Catholic followed by Ann Althouse that is my choice.

Comment by Dougie — December 4, 2006 @ 3:01 pm - December 4, 2006

21. Shadle covers as lot of topics and she’s been in the game almost since the beginning. She gets my vote

Comment by Trotsky — December 4, 2006 @ 5:20 pm - December 4, 2006

22. Dan, as a life long Democrat I’d like to be able to have my suggestion counted again and again and again… just as they do with votes in all good Democrat enclaves like the MotorCity, the Vehicle City, Saginaw, Muskegon, Lansing, Wayne County and Benton Harbor.

I’d nominate Kathy Shaidle at Relapsed Catholic for all the reasons noted above.

Did you record my suggestion at least 5000 times? Vote early, vote often –voter fraud is our right… or left?

Comment by Michigan-Matt — December 4, 2006 @ 7:40 pm - December 4, 2006

23. I nominate SondraK again for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva cause I once saw her bitchslap this chick in WalMart for tryin’ to take the last can of Aqua Net.

Comment by The Ugly American — December 4, 2006 @ 8:38 pm - December 4, 2006

24. Exactly. Let’s not underestimate the importance of the “Diva” part of Conservative Blogress Diva.

Comment by Desert Cat — December 5, 2006 @ 10:56 pm - December 5, 2006

25. There are too many faboo women on this list! I want these divas declared as both Endangered Species and National Treasures (even Relapsed Catholic, who’s Canadian – sneak across the border RIGHT NOW, darlin’!). Any one of these women could invade Iran, or maybe even the House and Senate, armed only with the rusty lid of a tuna can, and I’d gladly follow.
    God bless them, every one!
    Emkay

Comment by Emkay — December 6, 2006 @ 10:14 am - December 6, 2006

26. Kathy Shaidle gets my vote for top blogress as she demonstrates the the best clarity of thought and wit as well as having great links (like Fjordman) on her website. Been visiting her relapsedcatholic.com blog regularly for a couple of years – if she’s good enough for Steyn, she’s good enough for me. (Still, I wonder what she was like before she relapsed.)

Comment by Chris Dundon — December 6, 2006 @ 10:43 am - December 6, 2006

27. Kathy Shaidle can bitchslap and pull the wigs off a gathering of gov-funded proto-Marxist feminists faster than they can raise their puffy pink fists.

All this, despite being short.

Comment by Der Spangel — December 6, 2006 @ 1:51 pm - December 6, 2006

28. Kathy Shaidle. No question about it.

Comment by Christopher Johnson — December 6, 2006 @ 3:22 pm - December 6, 2006

29. […] diva that I will wait and see the names our readers submit before submitting my list (as we have in years […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » 2010 Grande Conservative Blogress Diva: Let the Nominations Begin — December 11, 2009 @ 8:35 pm - December 11, 2009