UFO Rattles Charlotte… And I’m Not There!

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 6:49 pm - January 25, 2007.
Filed under: Carolina News,Post 9-11 America

Of course the one day that a UFO flies around the Charlotte area, I’m out in San Francisco all week.

ufo.jpg

911 Callers Report Lights In Sky – Charlotte.com

Emergency dispatchers around Charlotte handle wacky 911 calls each night. But Wednesday, agencies got the same type of unusual call:

A hovering light was in the sky.

Others described it as a plane that might be in trouble. A blueish glow. A fire in the sky. A light moving too slow to be a plane.

I just hope I’m out of San Fran before there is an earthquake!

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. Which would you rather see, weird lights in the sky or San Franciscans?

Comment by ThatGayConservative — January 26, 2007 @ 12:12 am - January 26, 2007

2. What’s the difference?

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — January 26, 2007 @ 11:18 am - January 26, 2007

3. Seems that UFO reports always form clusters. One story about some unknown site over O’Hare and suddenly UFO’s are everywhere. Sort of like how those Chupacabras only were reported in areas where Spanish speaking people lived. As much as I would like to see real live aliens and such it is still interesting to see how these reports move through the culture. I remember the Bigfoot flaps when I was a kid. Maybe they all got eaten by the Chupacabras.

Comment by Chuck — January 26, 2007 @ 11:43 pm - January 26, 2007

4. I remember enough of college to ask one question:

Is lighting farts a big sport there?

If not, was there perhaps a large bean-fed tourist from Jersey in the area at that time?

I’m just sayin’ …

Comment by DJ Drummond — January 27, 2007 @ 10:59 pm - January 27, 2007

5. It is naive to believe we are alone in the universe.. The bible says the Lord created Heaven and Earth… In biblical times our understanding of the universe was so small that we could only believe this planet was what was referenced as Earth. I am not saying I know for sure.. but i Know there is a chance… Maybe not life as we know it.. Eventually we will know an answer… The govts are too restrictive… I believe some govts even admit there are other life forms…

Comment by Believer — January 31, 2007 @ 8:02 pm - January 31, 2007

6. the Charlotte lights were flares from a National Guard
    training exercise. it happens a lot this time of year.
    usually, it’s cloudy or cold and folks aren’t out to see
    it or can’t see it. (global warming is the culprit)
    but the new flares are made to illuminate better with
    night vision equipment (green, mostly) and some use
    IR tech.
    seen ’em before, no big deal.

Comment by john of sparta — March 18, 2007 @ 9:15 pm - March 18, 2007

7. A few months ago there were credible witnesses of a UFO over Chicago Ohare airport.

Comment by Vince P — March 20, 2007 @ 2:00 pm - March 20, 2007