I swear, if I hear one more news commentator utter the phrase “nappy-headed hos”, I’m going to jump off a bridge. (Especially you, Shepard Smith!) It is like the cable news networks have been given a license to become copy-cat criminals and are just finding ways to incorporate the phrase into every news story.
CNN BREAKING NEWS: “Nancy Pelosi refused to meet President Bush on Iraq funding because she is reportedly upset that Don Imus said “nappy-headed hos.”
I have never liked Don Imus and obviously his comments were stupid, racist and way over the top. But I also think the reaction to his comments are way over the top and border on hysteria.
Just a few examples:
– Certainly Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson shouldn’t be lecturing anyone about making racist remarks.
– MSNBC General Manager Dan Abrams blamed FOX News for the Imus controversy. (WTF?)
– Why is Imus suspended, but Rosie O’Donnell stays?
– Why is Robert Byrd still in the Senate? Why is Ted Kennedy?
– The Rutgers team says they were deeply hurt by Imus’ comments. One player said today… “The Rutgers University women’s basketball team has made history. We haven’t done anything to deserve this controversy, and yet it has taken a toll on us mentally and physically.”
I hate to tell her, but if she is this drained by what a shock jock said about her…. she’s in for a very sensitive life in the real world. (And I hope she isn’t watching any news coverage which repeatedly uses the phrase 24/7.)
Don Imus should probably be fired. I do agree with Sharpton that he most likely violated FCC guidelines. So let’s be done with it. Fire the old coot. I’m just tired of hearing about it!
Let’s move on to more important news. Larry Birkhead is the daddy! *sarcasm off*