Log Cabin Meltdown, Part 300?

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 7:26 am - June 1, 2007.
Filed under: Gay Politics,Log Cabin Republicans

My inside source from Log Cabin (Republicans) tells me that the legacy of Patrick Guerriero continues….

LCR had their phones turned off last Friday [May 18] for non-payment.   They had to suspend the latest payroll as well.

So while the organization lives hand-to-mouth…. that apparently doesn’t stop them from showing off the glitz factor.  (From Log Cabin email)

Join us for a fun-filled weekend in the California Wine Country July 20-23, 2007!

If you love great weather, wine, and food, enjoy relaxing in a luxurious spa, or hiking in the fresh outdoor air, then this trip is for you! It can be as active or relaxing as you want it to be. Rejuvenate in the spa or hike through the vineyards and hills all while having access to some of California’s best restaurants and wineries. Spend time with your Log Cabin friends and make new ones during this fun weekend in Napa and Sonoma.

I’m glad I’m not a contributor… knowing their phones were cut off, yet they are planning a trip to Napa really makes me question someone’s judgment.

Needless to say, the budget hole left by Guerriero is still seriously threatening Log Cabin.  I hope Patrick Sammon — LCR’s new chief — can dig out of the mess so the organization can survive.

It still makes me wonder how Guerriero got $1M in 2004 to run the anti-Bush television campaign.  I guess we will never know since Guerriero and his benefactor, Tim Gill, aren’t much for transparency.\

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. [...] Original post by GayPatriot [...]

Pingback by Politics: 2008 HQ » Blog Archive » Log Cabin Meltdown, Part 300? — June 1, 2007 @ 9:28 am - June 1, 2007

2. Was that $1M from George Soros?

Comment by Bruce — June 1, 2007 @ 9:30 am - June 1, 2007

3. Gay Patriot …

I found this blog post very interesting. Gay Patriot » Log Cabin Meltdown, Part 300? Because I serve a ministry that is under a lot of scrutiny for our finances, and then myths created because nothing incriminating exists, it’s refreshing…

Trackback by Randy Thomas — June 1, 2007 @ 10:02 am - June 1, 2007

4. I’m fundementally puzzled. I get glitzy e-mails from LCR National (and I’ll single-out National as the Chapters appear much more stable) for up-scale convention locations and wine tours and expensive this-and-that…yet they still can’t organize one single cocktail gathering here in New Jersey despite already having the mailing-list for over ONE YEAR?? Actually, make that three years…. And now there’s this “silliness”.

WHERE’S THE MONEY?… I didn’t hear or read one-speck of any fiscal transparency or accountability at the Convention. Was everone passed-out drunk at the numerous cocktail parties? Thousands for ski-weekends and wine tours; but not one penny for Accountants!!

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — June 1, 2007 @ 4:30 pm - June 1, 2007

5. I dunno. Guess you gotta spend money to make money, but you hafta be able to account for both.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — June 2, 2007 @ 6:08 am - June 2, 2007

6. Meanwhile,

LCR-Tampa Bay needs volunteers to man their booth at the St. Pete Pride Street Festival. The email says:

We need volunteers to help man the booth during the event. It’s a great deal of fun and can be quite challenging engaging with some of the festival attendees.

I bet it is.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — June 3, 2007 @ 11:49 pm - June 3, 2007

7. #6 – TGC, that’s nothing. At the midtown-area gym that I attend, there is a “help wanted” poster for the Houston GLBT Pride Parade this month.

What are they looking for? Buff, “masculine” looking men to appear on the Gay Democrat’s float. I kid you not.

Moreover, the description on the Pride poster states that they want “muscle gods” so that they can project a “strong, wholesome image” to the parade participants and viewers.

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 4, 2007 @ 9:28 am - June 4, 2007

8. Oh, by the way, speaking of the DNC “image” (as if vampires even cast images), it appears now that Shrillary is repudiating her husband’s support of DOMA.

Hypocrisy, thy name is liberalism.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 4, 2007 @ 9:30 am - June 4, 2007

9. Well, with St. Hillarybeast as the frontrunner, Houston’s gay Dhimmicrats already have their requiste drag queen. And what’s a few extra illegal-steriod abusers to the Party of Ethcs and Principle.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — June 4, 2007 @ 12:16 pm - June 4, 2007

10. #9 – Perhaps, Ted, but I bet you no drag queen would want to be in the middle of this nine-car pileup.

Does anybody REALLY want to hear this harpy speak for the next four years? I mean, REALLY?

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 4, 2007 @ 12:48 pm - June 4, 2007

11. 10: Better a harpy with a good brain than a silver spoon fed idiot who’s incapable of completing a sentence on his own.

Comment by Kevin — June 4, 2007 @ 8:15 pm - June 4, 2007

12. At the midtown-area gym that I attend,

As in the Mid-Towne Spa? Yeesh. I thought you were married.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — June 5, 2007 @ 1:56 am - June 5, 2007

13. I think she’s more of a harridan than a harpy.

But seriously, Hillary reminds me of one of the great figures of classic mythology.

Specifically, she reminds me of Medea.

Comment by V the K — June 5, 2007 @ 8:01 am - June 5, 2007

14. #12 – Heck, no TGC! I go to Fitness Exchange, not the MTS!! Give me credit for SOME taste! ;-)

No, seriously – the poster is still there on the vending machine next to the front desk. The headline blares: “BEEFCAKE WANTED.” (Glad to see that the Dhimmicrats know where their priorities lay.)

#13 – Medea? The one who killed her children to spite her husband Jason? Interesting analogy. Frankly, to me she is more of a Medusa.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 5, 2007 @ 10:42 am - June 5, 2007

15. #11 – Kevin, did you know that our (yes, OUR) president has an MBA from Harvard? And that he was a successful businessman prior to entering into politics?

And did you also know that the reason why Shrillary moved to Arkansas with Billy is because it was easier to pass the bar there, since she had FLUNKED the Virginia bar exam?

Try again.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 5, 2007 @ 10:43 am - June 5, 2007

16. Actually, comparing Hillary to Medea is way too much of a compliment; Medea was smart, cunning, and (in my opinion) quite wronged by Jason.

Hillary is better compared to Clytemnestra — or, in a more historical sense, to Agrippina the Younger.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — June 5, 2007 @ 12:20 pm - June 5, 2007

17. #15 – Agreed, ND30. Plus, look at the story of Electra herself: she avenges the death of her father by having her mother Klytemnestra killed (presumably with the help of her brother Orestes, but I like the idea of Electra doing it herself). Under the concept of retribution (modern Greek calls it “baskania”), this killing of her mother is justified since Klytemnestra had murdered her husband anyway and the idea of vindicating a murder by killing the killer is upheld.

Geez, where is Dan when you need him????

PS – Should we start referring to Chelsea as “Electra” now? ;-)

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 5, 2007 @ 12:26 pm - June 5, 2007

18. Medea got revenge for Jason’s desertion by killing the new bride with a poisoned robe and crown which burned the flesh from her body. Medea fled Corinth in a chariot, drawn by winged dragons. She took with her the bodies of her three sons, whom she had murdered in order to give Jason further pain.

That certainly *sounds* like something Hillary would do.

Comment by V the K — June 5, 2007 @ 12:33 pm - June 5, 2007

19. #17 – “I shudder to think which Greek mythological figure John Edwards recalls, but since it is *Greek* mythology, there’s probably a lot to choose from.”

Well, VdaK, let me be the one to get the ball rolling. The only mythological figure that would best describe The Breck Girl would be…

Narcissus.

Slam dunk.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 5, 2007 @ 12:39 pm - June 5, 2007

20. Any Democrat could be Narcissus

Remember the gender-bending Ra in the Stargate movie … that’s more like Silky Pony.

Comment by V the K — June 5, 2007 @ 12:46 pm - June 5, 2007

21. #20 – All Dhimmicrats are like Narcissus? Not really, V.

As Dan would probably say better than I could, Narcissus was (a) a very wealthy, vain man who (b) spurned the advances of women even though he (c) was loved by the god Apollo from afar and (d) died because he could not stop gazing at his own pretty reflection in the mirror.

If this doesn’t spell out E-D-W-A-R-D-S, then I’m missing something.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 5, 2007 @ 12:57 pm - June 5, 2007

22. Touche`

Comment by V the K — June 5, 2007 @ 1:00 pm - June 5, 2007

23. Peter, I’ve had to report you to the Narcissus Anti-defamation League for comparing him to Silky Pony; have you no decency man? Their lawyers will contact you shortly to word the retraction.

Comment by Michigan-Matt — June 5, 2007 @ 1:01 pm - June 5, 2007

24. #23 – Hey, wasn’t that one of the story lines for the old series “Murphy Brown?” ;-)

Or I could pull a Shrillary and say: “I stand by my actions. Those were the rules. You’ll have to ask someone else if it is good policy.”

Of course, I can’t lie as well as her, so it may not have the same effect.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 5, 2007 @ 1:30 pm - June 5, 2007

25. All the Republican candidates are for DADT. Are there any gay Republicans left now?

Comment by sean — June 6, 2007 @ 12:46 am - June 6, 2007

26. LOL….sean, what we remember is that you were for DADT when Clinton passed it.

Since you insist that Clinton was “pro-gay” and “gay-supportive” for supporting DADT, why should Republican candidates be held to any different standards?

Furthermore, sean, we’re not duped; antimilitary bigots like yourself want DADT repealed out of revenge and hatred for the armed forces. We want our military in tip-top condition, and gays like yourself are the complete opposite of what makes for good soldiers.

Unfortunately, gays like myself, who would make good soldiers and do support the military, are dinged by it; however, I consider that a small price to pay to keep you and your fellow hatemongering leftists out of it.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — June 6, 2007 @ 3:22 am - June 6, 2007

27. Very well put, ND30. Your eloquent argument is like casting pearls before swine.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 6, 2007 @ 9:52 am - June 6, 2007

28. Meanwhile, we have HRC and other GayLibLeft groups taking aim at the new surgeon general nominee.

One of those questioned said that the nomination of this eminently qualified doctor is “akin to torture.” Give me a break. Go talk to our fellow gays in Iran and let them tell you what torture REALLY is.

Regards,