Is Ann Coulter Paris Hilton with Brains?

Posted by GayPatriotWest at 4:02 pm - June 8, 2007.
Filed under: Annoying Celebrities,Movies/Film & TV

This thought just occurred to me, so I’ll put it out there as a part of my vow to do more T-shirt blogging.

It occurs to me that Ann Coulter and Paris Hilton have a lot in common. Both are blond, relatively good-looking* and delight in media attention. Only Ann Coulter is a pretty smart woman and can write (& speak) well. And she seems to be using her talents to accomplish what Miss Hilton does just by living her life — to promote herself.

Just a thought.

*******
*not that I’m a good judge of that, but a number of straight men with whom I have spoken on the subject have said as much.

1. I’m not a big fan of either so I couldn’t really say, but I suppose one can make the comparison.

Comment by John — June 8, 2007 @ 5:27 pm - June 8, 2007

2. I think “blond, good-looking and delight in media attention” is about as far as the comparison goes. (Unless your intent is to suggest that both, in different ways, are trashy?)

I have a not-love, not-hate relationship with both women. Coulter I find sometimes amusing, even insightful. And sometimes so transparently a media whore, it’s pathetic. Either way, I don’t give her much thought.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — June 8, 2007 @ 5:36 pm - June 8, 2007

3. My mother used to say that “pretty is as pretty does.” As a lesbian, I can vouch for the fact that both Coulter and Hilton are considerably better-than-average-looking (I wouldn’t turn away somebody who looked like either one of them on a blind date). But they both get away with stuff for which no man I know of would ever be excused.

Ann Coulter can sometimes say insightful things, but the rest of the time she goes on rampages that would get the likes of Limbaugh or O’Reilly fired. And what young male heir to a gazillion-dollar fortune would be indulges in the sort of antics that are Paris’s claim to fame?

Comment by Lori Heine — June 8, 2007 @ 6:00 pm - June 8, 2007

4. I meant to say “indulged,” instead of “indulges.” Where is that big eraser when I need it?

Comment by Lori Heine — June 8, 2007 @ 6:01 pm - June 8, 2007

5. […] Original post by GayPatriotWest […]

Pingback by Politics: 2008 HQ » Blog Archive » Is Ann Coulter Paris Hilton with Brains? — June 8, 2007 @ 6:03 pm - June 8, 2007

6. Ann Coulter and Paris Hilton have a lot in common.

Does Paris have an Adam’s apple too?

Comment by Ian S — June 8, 2007 @ 7:48 pm - June 8, 2007

7. Ann Coulter was on Fox this afternoon arguing that Paris Hilton was being treated unfairly. So, Perhaps she does feel a kinship.

However, Paris Hilton is way better looking. Ann Coulter looks transgender, like a man who has taken hormones to become a woman. She has very masculine features.

Comment by Chase — June 8, 2007 @ 11:00 pm - June 8, 2007

8. She has very masculine features.

So did that Royale chick in France, but nobody made snide remarks about her (that I know of). And what about Hildabeast?

Or John Edwards, for that matter?

Comment by ThatGayConservative — June 9, 2007 @ 1:08 am - June 9, 2007

9. Ann Coulter criticizes the theory of evolution with arguments that were discredited before Darwin died and that even today’s ID/creationists dismiss as misrepresentations of their positions (though that does not stop them from praising her just for being anti-evolution).

She also forgets when she is in front of a general audience and when she is in private. She disparaged Edwards for his alleged homosexuality and claimed that the grieving anti-war mothers were enjoying their sons’ deaths; whether or not one believe these things one generally thinks about what one says if one wants to be a spokesperson. She may be right on some points but she is no thinker.

Comment by Saul Wall — June 9, 2007 @ 1:48 am - June 9, 2007

10. Maybe Paris can teach Man Coulter to simply say “that’s hot” often and life would be better for all.

Comment by sean — June 9, 2007 @ 5:23 am - June 9, 2007

11. I guess I’m unclear as to why, on a gay website, we are disparaging a woman for supposedly being too masculine-looking or for looking like a transgender.

Because she’s a right-wing homophobe?

Were she a liberal, I can see a website full of Freepers doing that. I’m just not sure why people feel the need to here. I would think the stuff she says would provide sufficient fodder for criticism.

Comment by Lori Heine — June 9, 2007 @ 1:24 pm - June 9, 2007

12. Coulter just spent the last year thinking a Florida county supervisor was out to make a name for himself off her name and so never cooperated with any authorities regarding voter fraud allegations. Of course she has a lot in common with Paris — a lot more than she let on in taking the position she did. (And what’s flat-out hilarious is that it was Coulter, not the judge in the Paris case, who was the media hog, immediately putting her face out there to get publicity off this thing when she has no substantive connection whatsoever to the case.)

Comment by Ocie — June 9, 2007 @ 3:20 pm - June 9, 2007

13. I’m no sure either Paris Hilton or Ann Coulter will be remembered all that much when the media no longer pays attention to them.

They do seem to be made for each other. A true power lesbian couple. They can bask in each other’s media spotlight.

Comment by Elais — June 9, 2007 @ 4:43 pm - June 9, 2007

14. I have more respect for lesbians than that, Elais. I wouldn’t wish those two on them. Then again, men should steer clear as well so let’s all just pray for asexuality. šŸ™‚

Comment by John — June 9, 2007 @ 10:19 pm - June 9, 2007

15. She disparaged Edwards for his alleged homosexuality

No she didn’t.

Iā€™m no sure either Paris Hilton or Ann Coulter will be remembered all that much when the media no longer pays attention to them.

What, like Media Whore Sheehan who was forgotten WHILE the media paid attention to her?

Comment by ThatGayConservative — June 10, 2007 @ 1:26 am - June 10, 2007

16. Other than the fact that she is an heiress to the Hilton fortunes, and seems to get a lot of unwarranted media attention, I honestly don’t know much about Paris Hilton. I think I “learned” more about her in the South Park episode that depicted her character.

Comment by Pat — June 12, 2007 @ 11:07 am - June 12, 2007

17. “I can buy that this is a reason to dislike her (I’m no big fan, either), but why use it as an excuse to make remarks that disparage masculine women?”

Maybe because of the same reason one would disparage a horse that looks and behaves like a donkey?

That cackling hen is about as “conservative” as Josef Stalin. She would say anything — but ANYTHING — that guarantees attention, viewing figures and book sales.

If you had a smidgeon of self-respect you’d challenge her (media-effectively calculated, but still) homophobic word, but you are so pathetically anxious to be taken seriously as a “conservative” that you meekly swallow any humiliation.

What a sad spectacle you are!

Comment by The Editrix — June 12, 2007 @ 1:32 pm - June 12, 2007

18. No, Ann Coulter is Paris Hilton without the brains (or good looks).

Comment by CoolOnion — June 28, 2007 @ 5:55 pm - June 28, 2007