South Carolina = 2008 Election Party Central?

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 1:47 pm - June 21, 2007.
Filed under: 2008 Presidential Politics,Carolina News

I nearly fell off my chair reading this from Jonah Goldberg at The Corner….

As several readers have noted, South Carolina is shaping up to be party central. You’ve got coke dealing Republican treasurers and daredevil rooftop fornicators falling from the sky. No wonder everyone wants to cover the South Carolina primary.

Hey, we are only 2 miles north of the SC border.  Perhaps we should rent out the house for a Conservative SC Primary Party?!?

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. […] Original post by GayPatriot […]

Pingback by Politics: 2008 HQ » Blog Archive » South Carolina = 2008 Election Party Central? — June 21, 2007 @ 3:47 pm - June 21, 2007

2. Hey, I’ll be happy to pay the going rate for a room at Chateau Gay Patriot!

O/T, since you travel so much, Bruce: it was not a good day for my favorite airline:

Continental Airlines Inc. (CAL) is apologizing to its customers for “poor conditions” aboard a transatlantic flight where one passenger described sewage spilling down the aisle from a lavatory.

I’ve heard of being up s–t creek, but this is ridiculous.

“I’ve never felt so offended in all my life,” passenger Collin Brock of Washington state told Seattle’s KING-TV. “I felt like I had been physically abused and neglected. I was forced to sit next to human excrement for seven hours.”

Sounds like a typical day for Tony Snow in the White House Press Room – even without Helen Thomas there.

And BTW – if you have to have a spokesman for the airline talk about a flying cesspool, why can’t you find one with a less descriptive name? To wit:

Continental spokesman Dave Messing on Thursday confirmed that there had been a problem with the plane’s lavatory during the flight.

Well, no s–t, Sherlock.

Okay, I’ll stop now.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 21, 2007 @ 5:34 pm - June 21, 2007

3. That coke-dealing Treasurer also happens to be St. Rudy’s SC campaign manager. Oh my! Rudy’s halo is becoming a bit tarnished. Here’s a short list of his pathetic record of bad judgment:

1. Marries a relative.
    3. After first WTC bombing, Mayor Rudy doesn’t bother to ensure that the poor communications capability demonstrated in 1993 is rectified with deadly results on 9-11.
    4. Uses press conference to inform his wife that he was divorcing her.
    5. Invites mistress to share Mayor’s mansion with wife and kids.
    6. Two words: Bernard Kerik!
    7. Campaign manager in SC is arrested for dealing in cocaine.
    8. Blames US troops in Iraq for not securing explosives
    9. Brags about national security credentials while blowing off ISG meetings to rake in $$$ giving motivational speeches

Comment by Ian S — June 21, 2007 @ 5:45 pm - June 21, 2007

4. Oops. Not “campaign manager” but “campaign chairman.”

Comment by Ian S — June 21, 2007 @ 6:53 pm - June 21, 2007

5. Oh, and Ian, how is your judgment and that of your fellow Democratic candidates? Since, I have not seen if you are supporting one over the other, I will not list and lapses in judgment they may have had.

As for the Mayor and placing that EOC near the WTC, I guess he did not get the memo about the Bush plot to destroy lower Manhattan. As any person could figure out, it is best to have the EOC nearest your base of operations, in this case, City Hall, and the Police Headquarters. Fire Department Headquarters are in Brooklyn, a quick 10 minute subway ride from the EOC. In the event of an emergency you need to be able to get to your EOC quickly. There is NO way it would have made sense anywhere else in the city of NYC…the traffic alone in an emergency would have prevented the quick response needed on 9-11. The city of New York made the right decision in placing the EOC where they did at the time.

Comment by jon — June 21, 2007 @ 9:32 pm - June 21, 2007

6. #5:

Just fine thank you.

placing that EOC near the WTC

Er, it wasn’t just near the WTC, it was part of the WTC – building seven to be exact. Which if you’ll recall wasn’t able to be used on 9-11 since it burned and then collapsed after being struck by debris.

So tell, me jon, what is it in his tenure as NYC Mayor that makes St. Rudy such a great national security expert?

Comment by Ian S — June 21, 2007 @ 11:55 pm - June 21, 2007

7. 2. After the first WTC bombing, Mayor Rudy locates the emergency operations center in – where else – the WTC.

As I recall, I inquired where you would put your EOC. As I recall, you didn’t answer.

Further, what would you have done to improve the communications? As an EM professional, I seriously would like to know.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — June 22, 2007 @ 2:06 am - June 22, 2007

8. As far as Ravenal, that’s really something. I learned while my brother was at The Citadel is that they’re a big time family in S.C. I think they were there before statehood. There’s a town outside of Charleston by that name and the new Cooper River bridge is named after one of the Ravenals.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — June 22, 2007 @ 2:09 am - June 22, 2007

9. #7:

inquired where you would put your EOC

I don’t recall your question and I’m not an expert in emergency operations planning. However, an attempt to destroy the WTC had already been made once. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to consider the possibility that the attack might be repeated since the WTC was obviously a symbol to the terrorists. With that in mind, I would think some consideration would be given to the possibility of having the EOC not part of a target. Now perhaps other considerations prevailed. It was a judgment call and the judgment proved lacking. Which is all I’m saying.

Comment by Ian S — June 22, 2007 @ 10:42 am - June 22, 2007

10. We just got back from Charleston ten days ago. Thank God it’s not muggy here in the summer. I thought I was going to die down there.

Comment by rightwingprof — June 22, 2007 @ 11:19 am - June 22, 2007

11. “I don’t recall your question and I’m not an expert in emergency operations planning.”

No, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

“However, an attempt to destroy the WTC had already been made once.”

Yes, and that was when WHO was president? And what was his shrill wife’s name? Carmelo? Tony? Something like that…

“It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to consider the possibility that the attack might be repeated since the WTC was obviously a symbol to the terrorists.”

Yes, and unfortunately such rocket scientists were in the White House at the time. And their enablers in the MSM didn’t point this out often enough.

Funny that the libtard left goes all hysterical about a disaster like Hurricane Katrina and how the Bush Administration didn’t do enough to stop it from happening (we all know that GWB blew up the levees, according to the talentless Kanye West). Yet they don’t bat an eye when the Clintons could have had three chances to capture Osama bin Laden and prevent 9/11.

Scribes, Pharisees and Hypocrites all.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 22, 2007 @ 12:29 pm - June 22, 2007

12. Massive Constitutional scholar in #10:

Yes, and that was when WHO was president?

Irrelevant to the current discussion which is about St. Rudy’s judgment or lack thereof. Btw, Clinton had been in office barely a month when the 1993 WTC attack took place. Since you guys always blame Clinton for 9/11, you ought to be consistent and blame Bush I for the 1993 attack.

Comment by Ian S — June 22, 2007 @ 3:24 pm - June 22, 2007

13. Someone should invite Giuliani’s child molesing friend, since he may not be invited anywhere else: http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/06/rudy-and-the-ch.html. Does this guy hire anyone with a clean record?

Comment by jimmy — June 22, 2007 @ 3:34 pm - June 22, 2007

14. Being lectured by libtards about morals is kind of like hearing Rosie O’Donnell and Michael Moore discussing weight-loss techniques.

“Since you guys always blame Clinton for 9/11, you ought to be consistent and blame Bush I for the 1993 attack.”

Quit spinning, Wonder Woman. You know full well that Slick Willie launched the first attack in his presidency on Baghdad because he “discovered” (probably due to bad information, ha ha) that Saddam was trying to kill both him and Bush ’41. And that was in his first 100 days of his presidency – before the first WTC bombing.

Too easy.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 22, 2007 @ 4:07 pm - June 22, 2007

15. Massive Constitutional Scholar, Mathematician and Historian Extraordinaire in 14:

Bzzzzzt! Clinton was inaugurated on January 20, 1993. The first WTC bombing occurred on February 26, 1993. That’s a mere 37 days into Clinton’s Presidency.

As they say, “too easy.”

I’m beginning to believe that you’re a textbook case of the personality described by these authors. Basically, you’re oblivious to the fact that you’re clueless.

Comment by Ian S — June 22, 2007 @ 5:53 pm - June 22, 2007

16. #6, Ian, You say that your judgment of your candidate is, ‘just fine,’ but you don’t offer anything to back up your statement. Do you have a favorite candidate? If so, then why not share it with the rest of us?

As for Mayor Guliani, I lived in NYC while he was mayor and let me tell you, the changes and difference he made were amazing. As for national security, hmmm, let me see, as Mayor, he was ‘Commander in Chief’ of the largest police force in the world, thus, protecting all the visiting heads of state (with the help of Secret Service and the country’s own security). The police also protected the UN and corresponding consulates. So, yes, I would say that he has experience. But, he also did something that the left should love….he did a lot with regards to social programs…cleaning it up and helping those who TRULY needed the help.

While he has his faults, I do believe that he knows what he is doing and has the resume to prove it. Now, I will ask again, who are you throwing your support behind so we may know who they are and start to study how they are perfect.

Comment by jon — June 22, 2007 @ 6:47 pm - June 22, 2007

17. #16:

Do you have a favorite candidate?

My preferred candidate (Wes Clark) is not in the race. Of the rest, I like the fact that in 2002, Obama predicted the mess we’d be in if we invaded Iraq. That shows he’s capable of solid analysis and good judgment. I think Edwards would be the best on domestic policy – his healthcare plan is smart. As for Hillary, her support for the Iraq fiasco is a big negative IMHO. I wanted to like Richardson, but he’s made some gaffes and so he’s below the top three AFAIC. But any of them would be vastly superior to anyone in the GOP lineup.

Comment by Ian S — June 22, 2007 @ 7:57 pm - June 22, 2007

18. I don’t recall your question and I’m not an expert in emergency operations planning.

Of course you dont’. You chose to ignore it. Funny how you’re an “expert” on everything else until somebody actually asks you. Funny how you can criticize Rudy for his decision, but you can’t come up with a better idea.

However, an attempt to destroy the WTC had already been made once.

The entire complex? And again I ask since you apparently know more than Rudy G., where would you have put your EOC?

Further, shall we not build anything there now since terrorists have attacked it twice? Terrorists also attacked the Pentagon. Shall we raze that as well? How about the capital? That was almost attacked by terrorists. Oh and we need to put some Roundup on the grass in that PA field since terrorists attacked that.

My preferred candidate (Wes Clark) is not in the race.

Why not have a CIC who played pocket pool while watching thousands slaughtered?

Obama predicted the mess we’d be in if we invaded Iraq.

Others predicted we’d need hundreds of thousands of body bags. Perhaps, based on the liberal love affair with death, they’d be better qualified? Obama couldn’t predict his way out of a barf bag and White Guilt is the only reason you’d look twice at “My baby’s daddy” Obama. Apparently, however, the “Magic Negro” ain’t “Black Enough”, so I doubt he’ll go as far as Howard Dean did.

I think Edwards would be the best on domestic policy

As long as you’re rich enough to live in his America.

As for Hillary, her support for the Iraq fiasco is a big negative IMHO.

But she made her decision based on the information available at the time. Kerry voted for it. Did that stop you?

I wanted to like Richardson

But he wouldn’t mow your lawn for $10, right?

Comment by ThatGayConservative — June 23, 2007 @ 3:21 am - June 23, 2007

19. #18::

You chose to ignore it.

No, I probably didn’t see it since I usually don’t bother reading the crap you spew. There’s rarely anything substantive as demonstrated in this latest of your comments.

Comment by Ian S — June 23, 2007 @ 8:49 am - June 23, 2007

20. As usual, Wonder Woman is up to her tricks in trying to spin her way out of a situation she helped create.

I won’t even dignify your attempt at trying to peg me as being “clueless.” Suffice to say that there is someone who is clueless on this board, and it isn’t me.

Frankly, if I had any psychology training, I would classify you as a passive-agressive sociopath with a negative desire for attention.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 23, 2007 @ 5:48 pm - June 23, 2007

21. In #20, “clueless-that-he’s-clueless” proves my point.

Comment by Ian S — June 23, 2007 @ 8:25 pm - June 23, 2007

22. #21 – Pot, meet kettle.

Regards,