Attorney General Gonzales Out… Chertoff In?

Eh, I could care less.  AG Gonzo never impressed me much.  I just hate that the Democrats invented the “US Attorneys Scandal” which was a lot of wailing about nothing.

But I’m sure some of you care….. so have at it.

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. Alberto Gonzales has resigned…

Who will President Bush appoint to be the next Attorney General? All I say is don’t appoint………

Trackback by The Florida Masochist — August 27, 2007 @ 10:02 am - August 27, 2007

2. Good Riddance. And take Johnny Sutton with you.

Comment by V the K — August 27, 2007 @ 10:36 am - August 27, 2007

3. Nice rationalization Bruce. When humans lose something important that they cannot control, one way to divert their hurt feelings is to pretend like it was never important. Face your feelings Bruce, don’t deny them.

[GP Ed. Note – Um David/Farrish…. why is it that all you Leftists seem to have psychology degrees and mind-reading skills?]

Comment by David Ezell — August 27, 2007 @ 11:20 am - August 27, 2007

4. where are all you guys on the Right when the chips are down? This post–really important–has been up just over 2 hours and no one spinning or defending your boi (and I mean Incurious George).

In hard times people should pull together, right?

Comment by Farrish Carter — August 27, 2007 @ 11:22 am - August 27, 2007

5. LOL…of course, what both “David Ezell” and “Farrish Carter” want here is an emotional meltdown, some sort of “suffering” that they can get all excited about and go running back to DU or Kos with for some sort of “victory” celebration.

And like GP put it nicely….eh, and a shrug.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 27, 2007 @ 12:11 pm - August 27, 2007

6. #4: Because on the right, we don’t spin to protect bad people, and we criticize bad decisions when the administration makes them, as with amnesty and spending. We’re not dumb, blinkered party loyalists like so many of our opposite numbers of the left.

Comment by V the K — August 27, 2007 @ 12:16 pm - August 27, 2007

7. Off-Topic (but kind of not since it is a legal thing): John Kerry lets Statute of Limitation pass for suit against SVFT. Now, why would he do such a thing if everything the SVFT said was nothing but a slanderous lie?

Comment by V the K — August 27, 2007 @ 2:01 pm - August 27, 2007

8. BTW — Just to clarify my note in comment #3.

I know for a fact that “David Ezell” and “Farrish Carter” are the same person.

Comment by Bruce (GayPatriot) — August 27, 2007 @ 5:38 pm - August 27, 2007

9. Dems are insisting that Abu Al’s replacement be from outside the Bush Administration. I agree. If Bush wants to get a quick confirmation, he could choose someone from the Senate like Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) or even Larry Craig (R- My Own Private Idaho) who may soon have more time on his hands.

Comment by Ian S — August 27, 2007 @ 7:37 pm - August 27, 2007

10. #4: Besides the fact that we have…oh dare I say it? JOBS! If you have been paying attention you would have seen many of us harshly criticize President Bush for his mistakes, this would be one of them. The one thing many on the Left have confused is legitimate criticism of Bush and BDS.

So he’s appointing Chertoff, eh? I almost hope the Dems knock this one down but mostly I just don’t care.

Comment by John — August 27, 2007 @ 8:28 pm - August 27, 2007

11. Larry Craig should resign, and he should also get help.

I think Laura Ingraham nailed Chertoff when she began calling him “Count Olaf.”

Comment by V the K — August 27, 2007 @ 8:49 pm - August 27, 2007

12. I think the reason why no one has talked about it is because there is nothing to talk about. Anyone who has paid attention seems to think it was nothing more than phishing against an unimpressive AG. You mention Gonzales in my neighborhood, we’s be thinking about neighbors down the street.

Comment by Rachel — August 27, 2007 @ 10:57 pm - August 27, 2007

13. Well I guess Im the only one who cares. Gonzales was a lackluster AG, but the smear against him was completely bogus. He did nothing illegal, nothing unethical, and he never lied, but the Democrats and the media were able to create the perception that he did.

Sure, as AG its no great loss, and I’m sure there are better candidates (I nominate Slate Gorton) BUT shrugging off the destruction of a good mans reputation simply because you think we can do better is distasteful to say the least.

Comment by Will (American Elephant) — August 28, 2007 @ 4:30 am - August 28, 2007

14. Slade*

Comment by Will (American Elephant) — August 28, 2007 @ 4:39 am - August 28, 2007

15. Again, when it rains, it pours. Good riddance.

Comment by fnln — August 28, 2007 @ 5:57 am - August 28, 2007

16. gonzalez was another inept crony. it’s another prime example of how pathetic this entire administration is.

Comment by rightiswrong — August 28, 2007 @ 7:26 am - August 28, 2007

17. lets see, turned the Clinton recession into a boom, kept the economy growing despite terorist attacks, protected us from terrorist attacks for 6 years, thank God, removed a foriegn dictator, held elections, drafted a constitution, ratified a constitution, held more elections, current strategy in Iraq is making great progress both militarily and polically, liberated two countries, got north korea to agree to disarm in a pact with 6 countries, socialists all over teh world are electing more conservative governments, iran is being confronted by the world for the first time ever, hes building the first ever real border fence, and he saved an incompetent mayor and governor who didnt even follow their own disaster plan from katrina in the biggest and fastest disaster relief effort ever mounted in world history….

I’ll take their ineptitude over your “success” any day

what exaclty did Clinton DO anyway? I mean besides the interns and his criminal activities? did he ever actually ever DO anything in office?

Comment by Will (American Elephant) — August 28, 2007 @ 7:54 am - August 28, 2007

18. Gonzales was railroaded and the Bush administration let it happen. I’ll be so glad when this incompetent President is gone.

Michael Katrina Chertoff? Way, way too much baggage. Bad choice.

Comment by HardHobbit — August 28, 2007 @ 4:25 pm - August 28, 2007

19. gonzalez was another inept crony.

Yeah. You gotta burn down a religious group to the ground or snatch some kids at the end of an HK MP5 to be worth a damn.

Meanwhile, failing to do your job and inventing “scandals” to make yourself look busy isn’t inept.

The worst thing we’ve found out is that Dominici was too nosey, but of course we’re not supposed to focus on that. That and the fact that the libs are abusing their power. Again. Frankly, I’m disappointed that Bruce is so disinterested.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — August 29, 2007 @ 6:21 am - August 29, 2007