I love these. Hat tip goes to Dan (GPW) and VdaK for sending me this posting.
Here is just a taste of RightWingNews’ Top 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes: (READ THE WHOLE THING!)
40) “(I have) a wide stance when going to the bathroom.” — Republican Senator Larry Craig tries to explain away his attempt to pick-up an under cover police officer in an airport bathroom
33) “I do believe that it’s the first time in history that fire has ever melted steel. I do believe that it defies physics that World Trade Center tower 7 — building 7, which collapsed in on itself — it is impossible for a building to fall the way it fell without explosives being involved. World Trade Center 7. World Trade [Center] 1 and 2 got hit by planes — 7, miraculously, the first time in history, steel was melted by fire. It is physically impossible.” — Rosie O’Donnell talks Trutherism
27) “Is there such a thing as a man-made stroke? In other words, did someone do this to (Democratic Senator Tim Johnson)? …I know what this [Republican] party is capable of.” — Joy Behar on The View
25) “When I see a stroller now, I see it as someone who evicted a person with AIDS, right or wrong.” — Brian Basinger, president of the Harvey Milk Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transsexual Democratic Club on the horror of having to live near heterosexual families in San Francisco.
19) “I propose a limitation be put on how many sqares [sic] of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don’t want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required.” — Sheryl Crow at the Huffington Post
18) “Now I believe, myself, that the secretary of state, the secretary of defense and you have to make your own decision as to what the president knows: that this war is lost, that the surge is not accomplishing anything.” — Democratic Senator Majority Leader, Harry Reid
16) “Al Qaeda really hurt us, but not as much as Rupert Murdoch has hurt us, particularly in the case of Fox News. Fox News is worse than Al Qaeda — worse for our society. It’s as dangerous as the Ku Klux Klan ever was.” — MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann
12) “I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn’t be dying needlessly tomorrow….I’m just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That’s a fact.” — Bill Maher
1) “Over time, however, the endless war in Iraq began to play a role in natural selection. Only idiots signed up; only idiots died. Back home, the average I.Q. soared.” — Ted Rall
Ignorance, malice and Bush Derangement Syndrome on full display from all corners in 2007.