Censuring Jimmy Carter

It is time that our responsible leaders in Congress (if there are any left), put a line in the sand during this time of war declared against our nation by Islamic terrorists.

President Jimmy Carter should be censured by the United States Senate and this censure should hang around his head for the rest of his life.

If you agree, please call your Senators today to urge they introduce and pass a Resolution of Censure against James Earl Carter.

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. […] Will anyone in Congress take up the cause? […]

Pingback by Michelle Malkin » Censuring Jimmy Carter — April 14, 2008 @ 11:34 am - April 14, 2008

2. What’s with the Dems and terrorists?

bill clinton wining and dining an Irish terrorist, and Jimmy Carder coddling the PLO.

What’s next? Nancy Pelosi in a schmata … oh, never mind.

Comment by Julie the Jarhead — April 14, 2008 @ 11:55 am - April 14, 2008

3. To whom it may concern; Jimmy Carter is a ‘shame’ to the USA. He needs his passport nullified. Congress is so far away from reality it scares me. Carter is an anti-Semite and he will only harm eht US and it’s allies by trying to ‘talk’ to Hamas? Blow the hell out of Hamas, end this crap now.

Comment by John Houghton — April 14, 2008 @ 12:01 pm - April 14, 2008

4. and I am not gay….yuck!

Comment by John Houghton — April 14, 2008 @ 12:01 pm - April 14, 2008

5. […] look like fun guys to me. But Gay Patriot wants the Senate to censure Jimmy Carter for treating with […]

Pingback by Jules Crittenden » Hamas Carter — April 14, 2008 @ 12:02 pm - April 14, 2008

6. Don’t forget the FALN, for whose members Hillary lobbied so hard to get a pardon, which they did get, even after they refused to denounce their terrorist past to get the pardons.

Also, don’t forget her big smooch of Ms. Arafat.

But sadly, Obama is even worse in his ties to terrorists.

What a scary election.

Comment by Korla Pundit — April 14, 2008 @ 12:07 pm - April 14, 2008

7. Should I bother to call my Senators Durban and Obama for this?

Comment by Vince P — April 14, 2008 @ 12:40 pm - April 14, 2008

8. Hey, way to go, Bruce! Michelle Malkin h/t’d your posting. Let’s hope we can get some traction on this case.

And yes, I let my two TX senators know (Both R’s!).

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — April 14, 2008 @ 1:22 pm - April 14, 2008

9. Presdient Carter should retire, really retire. Hamas are terrorists, and we need not negotiate with them
    Paul

Comment by Paul — April 14, 2008 @ 1:34 pm - April 14, 2008

10. As if Pelosi would Censure Carter for meeting with HAMAS. Hell, she probably had to beg him to go.

These people are dangerous and are messing with things they don’t understand.

Comment by Vince P — April 14, 2008 @ 1:34 pm - April 14, 2008

11. Bruce,

This is the kind of post that keeps me coming back to GayPatriot, and makes me want to defend you and GPW. God bless you. It tells the truth. But it’s something I would never think of saying, because, living in a “permanently blue” state and having 2 radical-left senators, I have allowed myself to feel hopeless about changing anything. I probably still won’t do this particular action (calling my senators), but, seeing someone point out the truth about Carter and Hamas lifts me up, or gives me some hope. You know, hope for change. A change I can believe. (Aargh. I’ll stop.)

And congrats on the links from MM and Jules Crittenden!!

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — April 14, 2008 @ 1:58 pm - April 14, 2008

12. I’m in Georgia; fat chance that Isakson and Chambliss would take any action…

Comment by A Different Peter H — April 14, 2008 @ 1:59 pm - April 14, 2008

13. (sorry, “A change I can believe in”. Was going for the corny Obama reference, sorry I muffed it)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — April 14, 2008 @ 1:59 pm - April 14, 2008

14. I sent emails to my senators (Dole and Burr).

I am still in awe as to how he got elected in the first place. Was having nothing to do with Nixon good enough? And how does he continue to get the support of Jews?

Comment by Attmay — April 14, 2008 @ 2:41 pm - April 14, 2008

15. I just contacted my 2 Senators DeMint and Graham. Even if you do not think they will do anything, we all who feel that “President Carter” should be censured, need to voice our opinions to our Senators.

Comment by OatriotMom — April 14, 2008 @ 3:06 pm - April 14, 2008

16. lol @ VP,
    Exactly what I was thinking about my senators Murray and Cantwell. Oy!

What I did was contacted the White House and urged them to instruct the State Dept to revoke Carter’s passport.

Not only does Carter not have the right to meet with Syria and Hamas, he is violating the Constitution and the Logan Act by doing so. And if you ask me, the President not only has the right, but the responsibility to stop it.

Comment by American Elephant — April 14, 2008 @ 5:55 pm - April 14, 2008

17. Congress isn’t going to censure James Earl Carter. And it’s doubtful the administration wants to prosecute him for violating laws banning his conducting foreign policy. If George W. Bush has any balls he’ll have the State Department take Carter’s passport away from him.

An interesting sidebar:

I’ve been reading historian Arthur Schlesinger Jr.’s “Journals 1952 to 2000” and there are dozens of entries about the contempt the Democratic establishment had for Carter. George McGovern, the Democratic candidate for President in 1972, is quoted as saying he, his wife and all their children voted for Jerry Ford in 1976. In 1980, several leading liberals confided to Schlesinger they would vote for Reagan and Jackie Kennedy Onasis, among others, said they voted for John Anderson.

Comment by Trace Phelps — April 14, 2008 @ 6:43 pm - April 14, 2008

18. I’m not sure the US Senate even has the authoruty to censure a non-member…or even a former US President. And even if the State Dept. confiscated his US Dilpomatic passport, I doubt there’s any legal way of rescinding his private US passport; thought hopefully the US taxpayer isn’t paying for his security detail on THIS jaunte.

However, Carter might no-longer be getting Secret Service protection a this point, it’s no-longer an automatic life-time perogative. I know they have discontinued the coverage for the surviving First Ladies, Ford and Reagan…and I think I read that Bush-41 and Barbara Bush no-longer have their security-details.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — April 14, 2008 @ 8:48 pm - April 14, 2008

19. Carter is still under Secret Service protection.

I know this because the State of Israel has refused to cooperate with Carter’s Secret Sevice team .. Israel has refused to offer Carter any security at all. They told him he’s on his own.

Comment by Vince P — April 14, 2008 @ 8:54 pm - April 14, 2008

20. Ted,
    “Censure” is really nothing more than a vote of condemnation or disapproval. It doesn’t carry any weight. There are no consequences of being censured other than shame or bragging rights depending on how you look at it.

And yes, it would be unheard of to censure a private citizen, at least it was unheard of until the Democrats tried to censure Rush Limbaugh for remarks they were misrepresenting in the first place. Now, is there a big difference between Rush exercising his freedom of speech and being censured for something he never said in the first place, and censuring Jimmy Carter for violating Article II, Sec 2 of the Constitution, as well as the Logan Act? Hell yeah there is! But I’m still not sure its a good idea to get the senate in the business of censuring private citizens.

As for his passport, I’m pretty sure the State Department can rescind your passport if they know you are intending to travel to a country to which travel is prohibited. Like your drivers license belongs to your state, a US passport doesn’t belong to you, it belongs to the US govt.

But I’m glad to hear Israel isn’t providing him any security. Just warms my little heart knowing that he is getting the same treatment Rudy Giuliani gave the terrorist Arafat.

What i would love is if the Justice Department prosecuted him when he gets back, the way they should have prosecuted Pelosi.

Comment by American Elephant — April 15, 2008 @ 5:12 am - April 15, 2008

21. Wouldn’t a resolution of censure be a form of a Bill of Attainder?

[After I typed that, i went to look it up]

The answer is no.

I think censure is dumb though. Big deal, Congress will send a “message”.. more than a “message” needs to be done. There needs to be consequence to this. he is aiding our enemies and he needs to be arrested.

Is this nation ever going to take its defense seriously or not?

Comment by Vince P — April 15, 2008 @ 7:44 am - April 15, 2008

22. I think the best thing to do is promote this event. Let people see how misguided Mr. Carter really is when he is not building homes for the poor. Everytime he is caught on camera durning the Democratic Convention you know the commentator will mention his most recent trip. Maybe it will finally sink in that the current crop of Dems will sell, sorry negotiate, this country down the river.

Comment by John F in Indy — April 15, 2008 @ 9:03 am - April 15, 2008

23. I called both my senator’s offices. Bill Nelson’s staffer sounded shocked that anyone would think to ask Sen. Nelson to censure a former President. I found it rather funny.

Comment by Fake But Accurate — April 15, 2008 @ 9:14 am - April 15, 2008

24. Sorry, but Carter’s trip needs to be front page news everywhere. Then it needs to be attached to the Democratic Party presidential candidate, via the convention in Denver. So if your Senators are of the left-leaning variety, call them and instead of asking for censure, tell them that you believe Carter’s travels and travails need to be highlighted by giving the old coot another box seat at the convention. After all, how hard would it be to connect this buffoon’s trip to talk with Hamas and Obama’s promise to meet with every terrorist in the world without preconditions? He’s practically living Obama’s dream.

Comment by Diggs — April 15, 2008 @ 9:29 am - April 15, 2008

25. […] Posts — buttle @ 5:49 Here’s a suggestion that we call our senators and ask them to censure the Nasty Little Man. Seems like a fine idea, especially if you agree with Jerry Pournelle: [Nasty Little Man] has been […]

Pingback by A Call to Censure « Buttle’s World — April 15, 2008 @ 9:50 am - April 15, 2008

26. Unfortunately my Senators are Obama and Dick Turban. Don’t see them censuring Jimmuh

Comment by Montjoie — April 15, 2008 @ 10:28 am - April 15, 2008

27. reading these comments makes me cringe…… what american dynasty goes back 30 years with the bin ladens? who invited the taliban to Austen? who gave them 34 million in 2001? who was having breakfast with hw bush on sept 11 (hint, a bin laden) look it up.

Comment by richard — April 15, 2008 @ 10:29 am - April 15, 2008

28. John F and Diggs have the right idea.

Carter’s antics are a net plus to opponents of appeasement. Consider how his Nobel prize further discredited that sorry institution. And does anyone think his highly visible presence at the last convention benefited his party’s ticket?

Carry on, oh cardigan-ed one!

Comment by Vinny Vidivici — April 15, 2008 @ 10:32 am - April 15, 2008

29. My Senators are Schumer and Clinton…any suggestions on what I should do? Other than move, I mean?

Comment by instapunditeer — April 15, 2008 @ 10:42 am - April 15, 2008

30. SOmeone needs to ask Hillary and Obama what thye think of their fellow Democrat in the Middle East. I;d love to hear that response; my guess is Hillary would throw him under the bus, but Obama would do a “Rev. Wright” with him….

Comment by Bengoshi — April 15, 2008 @ 12:05 pm - April 15, 2008

31. […] Gay Patriot is calling for Carter to be censured by the US Senate: I called both of my US Senators this morning (Dole & Burr) to request that they introduce a Resolution of Censure against former President Jimmy Carter.   Including his term in office, but mostly after, Carter has a history of actions intended to undermine and destroy the United States of America.  His meeting this week with Hamas should be the last straw for those who believe in this nation. […]

Pingback by Jimmy Carter Lays Wreath At Yasser Arafat’s Grave « Nice Deb — April 15, 2008 @ 12:37 pm - April 15, 2008

32. I’ve said for years that Jimmy Carter never met a totalitarian he couldn’t hug (remember Leonid Brezhnev?), and an American policy he couldn’t denounce. The man has been and continues to be a disgrace to the office he once held.
    The price of freedom of speech; we taxpayers all get to help pay for Jimmy’s bizarre antics.

Comment by Larry L — April 15, 2008 @ 1:02 pm - April 15, 2008

33. Tuesday Blogorati…

Pigbird’s Photos Picked this up at American Digest: Archeology of a Genocide Site Any questions about why we went into Iraq? American Digest’s Version of a Blog O’Rati: The Drive-By! Jackie Mason: Who’s Lower? Carter or the Clintons? Gay Patriot…

Trackback by Liberty Peak Lodge — April 15, 2008 @ 1:10 pm - April 15, 2008

34. […] stumbles around the Middle East trying to find someone that will meet with him, the calls for a formal censure are crying out. Censure, while embarrassing like dandruff or a bad comb-over, won’t happen […]

Pingback by Can Anybody Spell ‘Logan Act’? « Obi’s Sister — April 15, 2008 @ 1:24 pm - April 15, 2008

35. richard: so you should be joining in the calls to condemm richard, since you’re well aware of the trouble that results in dealing with these peolpe.

But strangely you think somehow by engaging in your distgusting reflexive finger pointing that what carter is doing is somehow ok.

The Left is only interested in settling scores and assigning blame. Nothing to say about today or the future.

I cant stand it.

Comment by Vince P — April 15, 2008 @ 1:24 pm - April 15, 2008

36. Certainly the Bushies are far from clean in this regard but, as usual, they are better than the alternative on offer. Carter is a miserable figure; a true disgrace. More than any other single figure except Khomeni, he is responsible for the existence of the Islamic Republic and all the vicious barbarity for which it stands. I wonder if he will inquire after the strange spectacle, nearly unremarked on in the West, of blindfolded and semi-nude boys being thrown from the high windows of Fatah’s headquarters by Hamasians in celebration of their election? He will, of course. What was I thinking?

Comment by megapotamus — April 15, 2008 @ 1:40 pm - April 15, 2008

37. I think all our Presidents have handled this Islamic thing very poorly, though I’m more lenient with Reagan, Bush I and first term Clinton.

No one understood the religious revival of Islam at the time,plus the Cold War was obscuring the ideological dispersion of Jihad.

By the time of Clinton Term Two though we should have gotten smarter and after 9/12 we have no excuse.

All of our currently alive Presidents are deep in Arab money sleeze.. not one is innnocent.

Comment by Vince P — April 15, 2008 @ 1:55 pm - April 15, 2008

38. The different between Leftists and us conservatives is that we have no problem pointing out the things Republicans do that are wrong.

You will never see a Leftist admit anything wrong on their side. That’s what so annoying about them.

Comment by Vince P — April 15, 2008 @ 1:57 pm - April 15, 2008

39. I wish they would censure him — but I doubt it. With a man like Harry Reid in charge of the Senate, it’s not likely.

Comment by Richard Romano — April 15, 2008 @ 2:48 pm - April 15, 2008

40. What’s with the Dems and terrorists?

Lefties (excluding our remaining patriotic / conservative-ish Democrats) dream of seeing their parents’ world overturned. Even if it’s going to hurt them. It gives them a thrill. It’s like a rape fantasy. Many women, I’m told (and some men) have “prison rape” fantasies. The reality of prison rape is, of course, very different from the fantasy, and not something to be wished for. Same with “subversion” (or even “revolution”) fantasies and your average lefty.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — April 15, 2008 @ 2:56 pm - April 15, 2008

41. Will the U.S, bear the cost of S.S. protection for J E C as an ex prez in this setting?

More tax costs from ex’s ecenticities?

Comment by Richard Schweitzer — April 15, 2008 @ 4:07 pm - April 15, 2008

42. “The evil that men do lives after them….the good is oft interred with their bones…..so let it be with Jimmah.”

Comment by Robbins Mitchell — April 15, 2008 @ 4:23 pm - April 15, 2008

43. Jimmy Carter honors Yasser Arafat…

He doesn’t even pretend that he doesn’t support terrorists any more, I guess. So progressive of him to lay a wreath at Arafat’s grave.

Read more from Nice Deb.
    It’s no wonder Carter is reportedly planning (along with Manbearpi…

Trackback by MY Vast Right Wing Conspiracy — April 15, 2008 @ 6:32 pm - April 15, 2008

44. With a man like Harry Reid in charge of the Senate, it’s not likely.

Man? In charge? Both debateable. 😉

Comment by American Elephant — April 15, 2008 @ 8:07 pm - April 15, 2008

45. Undoubtedly the worst president in the history of our republic. He is still trying to figure out how he could have lost to Ronaldus Magnus in 1980. What a moron!

Revoke his passport and tell him to live out his days in Palestine with his pals or face charges of treason if he reenters the USA. Scumbag pure and simple.

Comment by Martin — April 16, 2008 @ 12:28 am - April 16, 2008

46. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_David_Accords

According to an Egyptian Government 2006 poll of 1000 Egyptians (taken at the time of the 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict) 92% of Egyptians view Israel as an enemy nation. However, the treaty was supported by the vast majority of Egyptians from the day it was signed. In Israel, there is lasting support of the Camp David Peace Accords, which have become a national consensus, supported by 85% of Israelis according to a 2001 poll taken by the Jaffee Center for Strategic Studies (Israel based). Nevertheless, a minority of Israelis believe the price Israel paid for the peace agreement was too high for its present gains, i.e. having relinquished the entire Sinai Peninsula, with its oil, tourism and land resources (Israel has no oil wells), and the trauma of evacuating thousands of its Israeli inhabitants (many resisted, as in the town of Yamit and had to be forcefully evacuated).

There’s no harm in talking.

Comment by _____ — April 16, 2008 @ 3:42 am - April 16, 2008

47. #27
    After looking it up, and finding no credible sources, I’m going to guess that it was the Kennedy “dynasty”. Just a shot in the dark.

Seriously, though. You ought to stop bobbing on Alex Jones. It’s just not good if you want to be taken seriously anywhere.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — April 16, 2008 @ 6:14 am - April 16, 2008

48. Jimmy Carter should join Rachael Corey

Comment by Vince P — April 16, 2008 @ 7:04 am - April 16, 2008

49. Hat tip Powerline: Ed Koch censures Jimmuh Carter.

As blockquoted on Powerline:

When [Carter] ran for reelection, he asked me to campaign for him in 1980 — I was by then Mayor of New York City — and I said that I would vote for him, but not campaign for him because he was then engaging in hostile acts towards Israel. I was popular with the Jewish community and when I would not campaign for him unless he changed his position, he called me to his hotel in New York when attending a fundraiser and said, “You have done me more damage than any man in America.” I felt proud then, and even more today, since we now know what a miserable president he was then and the miserable human being he is now as he prepares to meet with Hamas.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — April 16, 2008 @ 1:30 pm - April 16, 2008

50. To Ted B., # 18 — As I understood the most recent change in the law regarding Secret Service protection for ex-Presidents, President Bush is the first person to be affected. I don’t know the number of years, but the law (passed when the GOP controlled Congress) ends protection after so many years for ex-Presidents and presidential widows effective when Bush leaves office. If I’m not mistaken, it also reduces the government’s share of an ex-President’s staff and office operation.

I’m pretty sure the law was not retroactive. Carter, Bush 41 and Clinton are still eligible for protection as are former first ladies Reagan, Carter, Ford, Bush and Clinton.

At one time, and it may still hold true, ex-Presidents could use Air Force planes for official travel.

As far as I know, of recent ex-Presidents, Richard Nixon was the only one to reject Secret Service protection and to pay for his own security.

It wasn’t too many years ago that Secret Service protection ended when a President left office. According to one Truman book I read, President Truman drove himself and Bess back to Missouri after Eisenhower took office.

Comment by Trace Phelps — April 16, 2008 @ 7:08 pm - April 16, 2008

51. Jimmy Carter’s Legacy of Failure Continues…

Let’s just speak plain: jimmy carter is an enemy of the U.S. of A.

Let’s take some common sense action against this seditious brown nose-er who never met a brutal dictator he didn’t like: revoke his passport.

The Gay Patriot is ahead of the cu…

Trackback by Locomotive Breath 1901 — April 18, 2008 @ 11:39 am - April 18, 2008

52. Take away Carter’s Passport? Hang the fool for treasonous behavior, and hang the wife for flying with this left-winged loon!!!

Comment by jaybird — April 18, 2008 @ 5:13 pm - April 18, 2008

53. yeah, and he committed polygamy in his heart, too.

then he got it in the back from his own personal judas, the inimitable ted “hold your breath” kennedy. then he declared war on iran. you remember the war with iran. the one ronald “red october” reagan ended through negotiations with hezbollah and selling advanced weapons to the rabidly anti-american revolutionary islamist khomeini government.

Comment by tommy jonq — April 24, 2008 @ 11:29 am - April 24, 2008

54. People still keep fighting over an ITTY BITTY piece of overpriced real estate. Just does not make any sense what so ever.

In the larger sense this tiny piece of land is so small for all the attention it gets….it’s just not worth the time and attention.

Too bad that Presdent Carter even gives a spit. America should just declare it sub-prime and write it off as a loss.

Comment by Subprime — April 29, 2008 @ 2:43 pm - April 29, 2008

55. Jimmy Carter destroyed my country Iran and the lives of 3 generations of Iranian people. The day that he dies and leave this world behind is the day that millions of Iranian people around the world will celebrate and congratulate each other. This man is despicable and to me is as a terrorist as any other Islamic terrorist. Anybody who aides terrorists, excuses them, supports them and brings legitimacy and power to them is himself a terrorist. Not only he should be censored but he should be tried in the international court of law in Hague for crimes against humanity and bringing about the biggest threat to humanity ever since Nazism!

Comment by Iranian woman — May 5, 2009 @ 12:22 pm - May 5, 2009