Well, except maybe poor Jimmah.
Recently, I sent Limbaugh an e-mail message, his preferred means of long-distance communication, asking what his own presidential agenda would look like. His answer reflects his actual concerns. A Limbaugh administration would seek to:
1. Open the continental shelf to drilling. Ditto the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
2. Establish a 17 percent flat tax.
3. Privatize Social Security.
4. Give parents school vouchers to break the monopoly of public education.
5. Revoke Jimmy Carter’s passport while he is out of the country.
6. Abandon all government policies based on the hoax of man-made global warming.
Very interesting piece in the New York Times of all things about conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh. It’s surprisingly good and while the author Chafets may want to think that “No. 5 was a joke”, I have a sneaky suspicion that quite a number of Americans would agree with Rush on this. Frankly, I agree with the whole list here and the abandonment of most of these ideas is largely responsible for why the GOP finds itself in deep doo-doo this election cycle.
— John (Average Gay Joe)