Obama, The Metrosexual?

How interesting.

Obama, McCain: By their offices ye shall know them – Associated Press (h/t – Don Surber & Instapundit)

The personalities and personal histories of John McCain and Barack Obama are as evident in the artwork, books and mementoes in their Senate offices as in any words they may utter.

McCain’s office oozes comfy clutter and informality: random piles of books, a fortune-cookie message taped to the desk, an abundance of tchotchkes and bric-a-brac.

Obama’s office feels more like a gallery of modern art:
precisely placed objects, sparsely adorned surfaces, clean lines, choreographed displays.

The decor is carefully choreographed. When an assistant shifted the location of one painting while Obama was away, the senator had it moved back.

“He’s tidy. It stays tidy,” Tate-Gilmore said.

It sounds like he’s either a metrosexual or has obsessive compulsive disorder. I like one of Don Surber’s commenters’ observations:

If you were never IN your office but were always running for a DIFFERENT office, wouldn’t it be barren of any evidence of habitation? Real work is so untidy. Perhaps I’m being unfair, but, in a word, Obama’s office seems intended for show, to reveal precious little about the person, only the little he wanted you to see, instead to disguise and wrap in ambiguity, just like his campaign speeches: at the end you know what he said, but did you know what he meant?

Continuing from the AP story….

Obama has a “wall of heroes” containing historic photos of those the senator admires. Abe Lincoln is there, as well as Gandhi with his spinning wheel, Martin Luther King Jr., and John F. Kennedy.

GayPatriot wants to know: Where’s the photo of Obama with his long-time mentor and pastor the Rev. Jeremiah Wright?

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. “Where’s the photo of Obama with his long-time mentor and pastor the Rev. Jeremiah Wright?”

Under the snObama bus, along with William Ayres, Muslim outreach coordinator Mazen Asbahi, former Fannie Mae CEO Jim Johnson, Tony Rezko and the Snob’s white grandmother.

Otherwise collectively known as “speed bumps.”

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — August 12, 2008 @ 12:01 pm - August 12, 2008

2. Predictable whining moonbat response: “This just shows how much you mindlessly hate Obama. His office decor couldn’t be less relevant to the campaign. Why can’t you talk about the real issues? I bet McSame’s office is identical to Bush’s. You say metrosexual like it’s a bad thing, which proves what a self-loathing hypocrite you are. What about birth control? What about reproductive rights and carbon dioxide reduction for the workers who are bludgeoned in Los Angeles every single day by our Liar-in-Chief!!? Your leg is made of cheese and I am a lion!

Comment by V the K — August 12, 2008 @ 12:21 pm - August 12, 2008

3. #2 – V, don’t scare me like that – you do a Kevin imitation too well.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — August 12, 2008 @ 12:46 pm - August 12, 2008

4. Didn’t he at one point say Michelle was his hero. Where is her picture? Notice she is way in the background now. They figured out she impresses no one and has such a large chip on her shoulder it is hard to get it in a picture.

Comment by PatriotMom — August 12, 2008 @ 1:06 pm - August 12, 2008

5. Your leg is made of cheese and I am a lion!

Okay, now you’re scaring me.

Comment by rightwingprof — August 12, 2008 @ 1:21 pm - August 12, 2008

6. People keep trying to find a reason for BHO to be President. His resume is so lacking, he has so few real accomplishments that now we must stress the look and cleanliness of his office as a reason for him to be the most powerful man in the world? Are we really at this place and time in America? Are we really so safe that a mere novice with a clean desk and a diy style can serve?

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — August 12, 2008 @ 2:14 pm - August 12, 2008

7. Is there such a thing as a neometrosexual? If so, what does it mean? Would John Edwards be one? Does Obama chew his finger nails or does he send out to have them chewed? These and other questions go to the heart of Obama’s clever masking of what lies beyond the audacity curtain as hope comes into view.

And, what does John McCain’s fortune cookie prophesy say when you add the words “in bed” to the end of it?

Comment by heliotrope — August 12, 2008 @ 3:55 pm - August 12, 2008

8. LOL !

Comment by Bruce (GayPatriot) — August 12, 2008 @ 4:21 pm - August 12, 2008

9. Metrosexual? You’re halfway there.

Comment by Mitchell Blatt — August 12, 2008 @ 4:33 pm - August 12, 2008

10. Sometimes I carry fortunes discovered after my favorite lemon grass tofu (ok, its really Orange Beef) and keep them in my wallet…..

It never fails I meet a friend that will say or do something that relates to the fortune and I pass it on to them…..I understand McCain’s reason for keeping them.

Like one the other day that teaches how to say “girlfriend” in Mandarin.

Not closely related to this topic but thought it was funny.

Today I have NO feelings about Obama. Sick of hearing about him. He is just a big ZERO.

Enjoy you guys! Thanks for the ear.

jeb

Comment by jeb — August 12, 2008 @ 6:33 pm - August 12, 2008

11. All this talk about Chinese food is making me hungry, girls. Unfortunately, I’ll be starving 2 hours after I eat it.

In the case of The Snobama, he’s all hat and no cattle. Or as one NYT columnist postulated, “after several weeks of listening to his speeches, you realize that the overture was the entire symphony!”

Touche.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — August 13, 2008 @ 11:08 am - August 13, 2008

12. In related news, Detroit’s mayor is getting out of jail in time to be an Obama Superdelegate at the DNC convention. Maybe he’ll be able to swap jail stories with convicted Alabama Governor Don Siegelman who is apparently going to speak at the convention.

This may be the first national party convention ever covered by “America’s Most Wanted.”

Comment by V the K — August 14, 2008 @ 11:29 am - August 14, 2008

13. Democrats such stellar citizens and patriots eh? Don’t forget the ones who have lied under oath and been disbarred. Wouldn’t it be a hoot if they sat them all together in like the left side of the hall? hehe

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — August 14, 2008 @ 12:26 pm - August 14, 2008

14. I love modern art, choreography, and tidy people. Ancient art, shuffling and bumbling, and sloppy kitchen sinks do not appeal to me. So, I’m going with Obama.

Comment by jimmy — August 14, 2008 @ 12:53 pm - August 14, 2008

15. #9. Halfway where?

Comment by jimmy — August 14, 2008 @ 1:09 pm - August 14, 2008

16. #14 – If anything should define the word “shallow,” it would be this posting. Nobody ever said that Dhimmicrats were intellectually honest.

#15 – Don’t tempt me, jimmy. I may just tell you where you could halfway go.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — August 14, 2008 @ 3:17 pm - August 14, 2008

17. Shallow? No one would ever think to tag the Demiocrats with that label. You can watch the coverage of the Dem Convention and run a counter of all the ex cons and newly indicted faces you see. But don’t forget to include the “never charged” as well. Like Rep Conyers, Sen Kennedy, Sen Reid, etc. Should be a hoot.

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — August 14, 2008 @ 5:01 pm - August 14, 2008

18. I don’t know Peter, I think “I don’t care about Obama’s policies, I’ll vote for him because of his taste in art” illustrates the liberal analytical thought process perfectly.

Comment by V the K — August 14, 2008 @ 5:32 pm - August 14, 2008

19. jimmy,

What is it that you and your bevy of ilk or like ilk or ilk clones that causes you to eschew capitalizing your names? Is there some underlying inferiority complex that compels you choose an affectionate form of your name while hiding shyly behind all small letters? Is it penis envy driven? Tell markie that Heliotrope says “hello!”.

Comment by heliotrope — August 14, 2008 @ 7:10 pm - August 14, 2008

20. #14: From your posts I don’t believe you are old enough to vote.

Comment by Attmay — August 15, 2008 @ 4:09 pm - August 15, 2008

21. #18. My point exactly….about this silly post.

Comment by jimmy — August 19, 2008 @ 11:47 am - August 19, 2008

22. I think he is definitely a metrosexual. He has those obsessive compulsive characteristics, is blatantly aware of how he is perceived and looks and although he may not openly own the type of name brand things us metros are known to love, he does have some in his closet 😉 I posted his suit preference in my blog at http://www.mistermetrosexual.com/1/post/2008/08/so-just-what-does-obama-wear.html He even gets uptight when his daughters tease him about his supposed hairloss (I haven’t noticed). Metro indeed.

Comment by queensnewbie — September 2, 2008 @ 12:22 pm - September 2, 2008