Sarah Palin: Diva for Gay Republicans?

I’ve always defined a diva as a strong, confident woman who commands the respect of men, the type of woman we gay men love.

Watching the Alaska Governor address the crowd in Denver earlier today, I was captivated. Sarah Palin held up well in her first appearance on the national political stage. Not only did she sound good, but she looked good. This lady has style.  I mean, you gotta love a politician whose hair reminds you of Audrey Hepburn.

I think she does a lot for the GOP. She’s “playing well with Hillary supporters.” Watching CNN while at the gym, I heard (well, actually read the close-captioning of) an evangelical recounting how excited how many of his colleagues are about the choice.

Michael Barone says she’ll be “Welcomed by Social and Economic Conservatives:”

Palin is a strong advocate of Second Amendment rights (a lifetime NRA member) and of oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (will she change McCain’s mind on this?). Cultural conservatives have no basis for objecting to her. Neither, I would think, do economic conservatives. She supported Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell in his primary race against 35-year House incumbent Don Young, father of the “Bridge to Nowhere.”

Her (and her husband’s) blue collar background will help her with those Hillary supporters, those “Reagan Democrats,” wary of their party’s nominee.

As a Governor, she took on special interests and fought corruption, doing more to reform her state’s government in her short time as chief executive of Alaska than Barack Obama has in twice that time in the United States Senate. This pick reinforces McCain’s image as a maverick and, as I wrote earlier today, helps undercut “the Democratic attempt to tie our man to George W. Bush.

Sarah Palin is anything but a Bush Republican.

UPDATE:  I wonder if it was this pick which motivated me to make a modest contribution to the McCain-Palin campaign.  I encourage you to do so as well.

UPDATE from Bruce (GayPatriot): I can’t believe I am going to give money to the McCain campaign, but as Dan does above — I urge you to do so as well.  This commenter at The Corner sums up how I feel today.

Toss me in as another Republican who’s ecstatic about this pick and who’s writing a check. I teared up as I watched the speech given by Gov. Palin. I haven’t been this proud to be a Republican in far too long a time. I am proud we have a bona fide American hero running for president who has the political chops to miraculously energize his base and sucker punch the opposition at the same time.

Unbelievable. Now where’s my credit card…

UP-UPDATE: The folks at one of my favorite blogs, Powerline, were perhaps he most disappointed of the conservative bloggers at the Palin selection. In their latest post, Scott Johnson writes:

Judging by our email, Governor Palin’s selection has electrified conservatives. I think this is in part because of the way she is living out the prolife credo. She sets a powerful and inspiring example. In part the excitement also derives from her stands against the corruption that has tarnished the Republican Party. It seemed unlikely that McCain’s vice presidential selection would at the same time excite party regulars and serve to attract independents, but it may well do so.

As testimony to that electrification, I reference Bruce’s update above. 🙂

UP-UP-UPDATE: Check below the “jump” for more commentary on this choice:Hugh notes that conservatives are happy with the pick.  And why?  Perhaps, because, as John J. Miler says the Alaska Governor is “possibly the one choice that can be described as both conservative and maverick.” Â

Victor Davis Hanson says one thing a lot of conservatives have been saying:

In a Zen way it raises the inexperience issue, inviting Obama to critique a fresh VP as “inexperienced” and thereby automatically turn the same scrutiny to his as-thin-or-even-thinner resume for the more important job.

Read the whole thing.

Andy McCarthy is one of many conservatives who have become enthusiastic about McCain’s candidacy now that the presumptive Republican nominee has tapped Sarah Palin as his running mate:

It also shows that he does care about the future of the party after McCain, which I doubted. Today, I go from from an ambivalent McCain supporter driven more by fear of Obama to someone who can feel good about the prospects of a McCain administration. If there are a few million more like me, maybe the all-important undercard of Senate and House races won’t turn out as badly as some experts are predicting.

Once again, read the whole thing!

1. It’s bizarre to watch Obama supporters, on this blog and elsewhere, try to knock her alleged lack of experience. One question for you lefties: Who presently commands troops, or has ever commanded troops? Hint: If you said “Obama”, you’re wrong. If you said “Palin”, you’re right. Palin is more qualified to be President than Obama.

Here is some video of her appearance today with McCain:

I agree Dan, she is captivating speaker and a dynamic addition to your party’s ticket.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 29, 2008 @ 5:31 pm - August 29, 2008

2. (P.S., and the she-commands-troops plays into the diva thing)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 29, 2008 @ 5:32 pm - August 29, 2008

3. (and for the slow kids, you know who you are: I’m talking Alaska National Guard)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 29, 2008 @ 5:33 pm - August 29, 2008

4. (who share a military border with Russia)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 29, 2008 @ 5:34 pm - August 29, 2008

5. I am SOOOOSOOOO excited about this lady… she looks, sounds, acts, and represents eveything that I like in a leader.

and not one um or ah in her acceptance announcement!

GO RIGHT AMERICA!

Comment by EDinTampa — August 29, 2008 @ 5:59 pm - August 29, 2008

6. I haven’t been so excited in a long time!! Everyone on the right is excited! This has really brought the party together.

She sure is a Diva, and a smart woman to boot. Married a very cute guy who has no problem taking care of the kids. He won’t be out chasing other skirts like good ol’ Bill, he has the best woman possible right at home. He just better share her with us in the White House.

Comment by Leah — August 29, 2008 @ 6:29 pm - August 29, 2008

7. I’m still trying to figure out why any gay person should be excited about her.

Here’s what the Baptist Press said about her stance on gay issues:

“Besides supporting the same-sex-marriage ban, she also said, during her 2006 campaign, that she disapproved a recent Alaska Supreme Court ruling that the state had to provide spousal benefits to same-sex partners of government employees.

While Palin later signed legislation that enforced the decision, she said she would support a ballot initiative that would effectively overturn the court ruling by banning gay spouses from state benefits.”

Are LCR bars set so low that this is what passes as progress for our community?

Comment by Troy — August 29, 2008 @ 6:43 pm - August 29, 2008

8. My Thai wife wants to vote twice. heh. After ignoring all the GOP requests for $$, I will be getting out the $$$$ for McCain now. btw, We live in Ninilchik, Alaska & I have a great pic of her at Fuanglada Blog. I think even you guys who like guys will appreciate it. Also, tomorrow I will get out a post on why ALL Feminists should switch to McCain/Palin. Composing it now. GL & Semper Fi

Comment by toes192 — August 29, 2008 @ 6:46 pm - August 29, 2008

9. Seven hours later, and I’m still on cloud nine!

Semper fi, Sarah (my latest crush)

P.S. Her hubby’s a cutie, too.

Comment by Julie the Jarhead — August 29, 2008 @ 7:08 pm - August 29, 2008

10. If Palin wins, does that mean she will technically outrank Pelosi? Because that would be freakin’ sweet.

Comment by V the K — August 29, 2008 @ 7:11 pm - August 29, 2008

11. I’m still trying to figure out why any gay person should be excited about her.

Because she’s a smart, tough, and compassionate person with a real life, a family, and a track record of fighting and taking down government criminals and corruption.

The degree of narcissism inherent in the gay left never ceases to amaze me. Earlier today, Troy, we had one of your fellow gay Democrats openly hoping a deadly hurricane hit the United States because he thought it could be milked for political advantage.

How, exactly, do you people rationalize that?

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 29, 2008 @ 7:36 pm - August 29, 2008

12. I haven’t posted here in quite some time. I am a New York Log Cabin member who is so excited by this selection. I had already donated money to the McCain campaign, but after this selection, I am ready to donate again. And this is on a prosecutor’s salary. I cannot get enough of Sarah Palin. She has excited me for this election in a way that I had not been before. Now that I know that she is also a friend to the gay community (well, at least no enemy), I am particularly thrilled. Her story is quite moving. Way to go John McCain. Great pick.

Comment by Stephen — August 29, 2008 @ 7:37 pm - August 29, 2008

13. Oh, and Troy, here’s the latest from your fellow Democrats and Obama supporters: Sarah Palin’s baby isn’t really hers and she’s just covering up for her daughter.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 29, 2008 @ 8:01 pm - August 29, 2008

14. I think this is a great choice and does advance the cause of equality for all people. Sarah Palin is not a traditional conservative, represents a non-mainstream and open-minded state, is married to an Inuit (who is blue collar) and has shown to be supportive of gay rights issues as Governor. What’s not to like? She looks a lot better than Joe Biden as well.

Comment by Scott — August 29, 2008 @ 8:14 pm - August 29, 2008

15. I’m still trying to figure out why any gay person should be excited about her.

Does opposing same-sex marriage make one anti-gay? I’ve read that, other than marriage, that she’s friendly to gay issues. I don’t see McCain or Palin doing much to advance the FMA and that may be the best we can hope for this time round.

Do I agree with her on marriage? No. But there are some big and immediate issues facing this country and marriage isn’t one of them (at least for the White House).

But on national defense, taxes and spending, gun rights, abortion, and (hopefully) immigration, McCain/Palin are more in line with my beliefs. And I don’t think Obama/Biden are qualified and they certainly don’t reflect many of my beliefs.

Comment by Robert — August 29, 2008 @ 8:15 pm - August 29, 2008

16. Robert – ditto, except I’m more skeptical on immigration and still hate McCain-Feingold.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 29, 2008 @ 8:21 pm - August 29, 2008

17. Of all the unjustified criticism Palin will receive, the worst (but also the easiest to shut down) will come from die-hard, bitter feminists. I’m already noticing these useless hags commenting on the blogs by calling Palin a “beauty queen” who “sells out women’s rights.” I plan to call these ignorant harpies on the carpet whenever possible. They call themselves feminists but they don’t give a rip about women. Only liberal women count and women are only allowed to have one set of political views. Women can only “choose” to be leftists, or they are viciously trashed. They are incapable of simply disagreeing with Palin’s views, but recognizing the historic fact that it is only the second time a woman has a shot at the second-highest office in the land. They are also too angry and bitter to recognize that it’s within the realm of possibility that Palin may someday be the first female President in history. But Palin apparently doesn’t have the right to “choose” her own path and feminists can’t stand that they can’t control conservative women. They have become the oppressive patriarchal mob they claim to be fighting against. Being in favor of abortion on demand, anti-American and in the Democratic Party is the new “barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.”

Comment by Sean A — August 29, 2008 @ 9:51 pm - August 29, 2008

18. Think about this: that ‘beauty queen’ took on an inbred corrupt old boys’ club headed by the very powerful Stevens and Murkowski and Young… and she won!!!

Did you see that Dayton speech? McCain was sweetly protective and a little condescending to her at the beginning… and then she just took it away, she just made one helluva speech.

And Alaska lies between Russia and the USA’s largest trading partner; it is a major energy producer; and Governor Palin just signed a bill to build a gas pipeline from Alaska through Canada to the lower 48.

I totally love her!!!

Comment by Heather — August 29, 2008 @ 10:31 pm - August 29, 2008

19. I really like Palin, the more I read up on her the more I liked the style of politican she is. I think she will compliment and show that McCain is serious about a reform agenda in Washington which is more than what Obama’s pick says about him.

I just really hope the campaign and the convention will help to diffuse the experience issue and really get her ready for the Biden debate. I am only worried about the Dems being able to make her into some weak and unready woman.

This definitely makes me happy to vote for McCain/Palin…so Good, get to vote for a woman in the end afterall.

Comment by Darkeyedresolve — August 29, 2008 @ 10:43 pm - August 29, 2008

20. And we gay Republicans have something to cheer in her record. Shortly after taking office, she vetoed legislation that would have prevented the state from providing benefits to the same-sex partners of state employees.

Oh, and she’s a Creationist / Intelligent Design proponent. Pretty much the last person you want in a position to influence Educational Policy.

Comment by Jody — August 29, 2008 @ 11:04 pm - August 29, 2008

21. #20 – Jody, please explain how a VP can affect education policies when it is the President who (with the advice and consent of the Senate) picks the Education Secretary?

To put it more down to your level: how did having Algore as VP affect Clinton’s choice for Education Secretary?

Checkmate.

Regards,
    Peter H.

PS – Say hi to Buffy and Mr. French for us as well.

Comment by Peter Hughes — August 29, 2008 @ 11:49 pm - August 29, 2008

22. Pretty much the last person you want in a position to influence Educational Policy.

If they don’t teach Obamationism or Global Warmism, they should be handed their shovel and sent to Siberia.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — August 29, 2008 @ 11:56 pm - August 29, 2008

23. I understand that the Left is in panic-mode, but throwing out garbage like this creationism charge only makes you guys look bad when it’s debunked in record time:

Comment by John — August 30, 2008 @ 12:01 am - August 30, 2008

24. You have brought up one of my main concerns in life:

I believe legistation should be introduced to recognize that ALL Americans married or single have the right and freedom to declare their benefits beneficiary of choice without penalties.

How is it justice that married Americans have this basic right over single Americans?

To me it is not really a question of marriage. It is a basic human and American right to have the FREEDOM to be single and to declare my beneficiary of choice!!!

Comment by Marty Morales — August 30, 2008 @ 12:30 am - August 30, 2008

25. Well, Marty, thanks to the Pension Protection Act of 2006, you now have the legal right to declare a beneficiary for your retirement accounts who can receive the remaining amounts in them, tax-free.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 30, 2008 @ 3:20 am - August 30, 2008

26. Jody, please explain how a VP can affect education policies when it is the President who (with the advice and consent of the Senate) picks the Education Secretary

Considering Cheney’s role in affecting policies on Energy, FISA, Terrorism, and Hunting Safety, I think that would’ve been pretty obvious.

Oh, Buffy and Mr. French are dead. I killed them. ‘Course that was a decades ago. About the same time your jab was original.

I understand that the Left is in panic-mode…

Nah. The Palin choice keeps things interesting between now and November. It made things fun today and is bound to keep things fun in the weeks ahead.

…debunked in record time:

“It’s OK to let kids know that there are theories out there,”she said in the interview. “They gain information just by being in a discussion.”

Lol. There aren’t theories out there. There’s one, supported by the evidence. ID is Creationism in a cheap, ill fitting suit. That she doesn’t understand that is one of those reasons she has no business being in a position to influence Education policy.

Then again, that fact that she doesn’t understand that was one of the reason she was picked.

😀

Comment by Jody — August 30, 2008 @ 4:38 am - August 30, 2008

27. She’s a right-wing Republican. She’s against same-sax marriages. It was the Alaska Supreme Court which forced her to sign a pro-gay implementation. She “opposes same-sex marriage, but complied with an Alaskan state Supreme Court order and signed an implementation of same-sex benefits into law, stating that legal options to avoid doing so had run out. She supported a non-binding referendum for a constitutional amendment to deny benefits to homosexual couples” (from Wikipedia)

Comment by mildareveno — August 30, 2008 @ 6:25 am - August 30, 2008

28. North Dallas Thirty,

I do realize retirement plans allow for this, but I believe we should introduce a Beneficiary Union legislation to afford all Americans the right to declare a beneficary of choice for medical, dentail, vision.

I’m not talking about a beneficiary of Civil Unions or Marriage. I mean a beneficary of choice, which could be my mother, father, brother, sister, daughter or son (over the age of 18), friend, and yes even a lover.

If I care enought to make someone my beneficary why should it matter if I’m married or single? Why should married Americans have greater rights than single Americans?

I also realize such legislation would require employers to insure more people, but again if I’m willing to pay for it why should it matter if I’m married or single?

Comment by Marty Morales — August 30, 2008 @ 8:45 am - August 30, 2008

29. Just to set the record straight, Palin was quoted as saying the only reason she did not fight the granting of same sex benefits in Alaska was because “all other options had expired”. She did it because she had no other choice. This woman is NOT a good thing for the gay community. I for one, am a Republican who will be voting for Obama, and proudly so! But that’s OK folks, the rest of the gay community forgives you. I am sure there were a few Jews who supported Hitler in the early days too!

Comment by Bryan — August 30, 2008 @ 11:22 am - August 30, 2008

30. Vile Sarah Palin is an inexperienced, gay hater who kills animals in her spare time…
    Shocks me to my core that such a regressed, anti-human rights, un-evolved American would even be considered for any office? Plus, she is anti-green, and does not believe in global warming.
    Teaching creationism in schools is barbaric, Religious fanatics should never be allowed to govern anything or anyone!!!
    Also, Peter H. (” 21) you are an idiot. Say hello to Satan for me, when you arrive in HELL! Since all you repugnant, nasty Christians believe in him as well!

Comment by LionM — August 30, 2008 @ 12:00 pm - August 30, 2008

31. Vile Sarah Palin is an inexperienced, gay hater who kills animals in her spare time…

Comment by LionM — August 30, 2008 @ 12:01 pm - August 30, 2008

32. I feel for conservatives, you’ve been waiting for a smart politician that can keep their hands to themselves (and keep their feet to themselves in public washrooms) for a LONG time. I feel for you, I really do. I would be longing for something good if bush had been the head of my party, too. But this woman is of little substance. And for true conservatives she is a total wash-out. She is anti-abortion and pro-“Creationism”. Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t republicans supposed to be focused on fiscal matters and against tampering with our personal rights? This woman wants to insert her control all over our lives. You should do some serious research before you start getting down on your hands and knees for you ( they way john mccain got down on his knees for the religious Reich when he picked his running mate). And keep in mind she is VERY anti gay, anti gay support, she has voted time and again against allowing state employees extending their benefits to their partners, even for straight people that are not married. When you grovel at her feet keep it short and sweet because she’s liable to kick your teeth down your throat. But yeah, vote for her because she reminds you of Audry Hepburn. Great idea fellas.

Comment by Snottyboy — August 30, 2008 @ 12:11 pm - August 30, 2008

33. North Dallas Thirty,

Spare me your self-righteous “you people” rhetoric and don’t even get me started on all of the radical toilet spuds the right has tossed out there about Obama for the last 18 months.

I asked a valid question and you gave me your answer, which is basically, correct me if I’m wrong, that other Republican policy positions matter more to you than equality for families like mine. Whatever, I just don’t buy the LCR PR that she is moderate on gay issues yet, and I’m still waiting on evidence that she is.

Scott asks: Does opposing same-sex marriage make one anti-gay? I’ve read that, other than marriage, that she’s friendly to gay issues.

Does opposing equal access to a water fountain based on race make one racist? In my mind it does, but it doesn’t really matter to me what she thinks. It’s what she does, and I’d really like to know what sources there are for how she is friendly on other gay issues. I’ve been poking around, and I can’t find any. So if you can cut and paste a helpful link, I’ll happily take a look.

Please don’t misunderstand me. I lean toward the middle on fiscal, energy, and education policies. I actually LOOK for opportunities to get excited about Republican candidates who are gay-friendly because I think change will happen faster that way.

But I can’t throw my family under the bus, and to me that’s what settling for people simply because they aren’t chasing down FMA (at the moment) but who still will appoint more Scalias to SCOTUS feels like.

Everyone simply must vote their conscious, and if you think she adds to the ticket enough of what you want for the future, then by all means campaign away for them. I don’t question that she might fit your frame of reference for what is needed in terms of the economy and energy, etc. And in your opinion maybe that is enough protection for your family. I just wanted to know how she was “moderate” on gay issues as LCR has described her.

Comment by Troy — August 30, 2008 @ 12:11 pm - August 30, 2008

34. Troy, your words are belied by the fact that gay Democrats like yourself have, by your definition, “thrown your families under the bus” — over and over and over again.

What that nicely demonstrates, Troy, is that you’re merely using “gay rights” as PR spin for the leftist Democrat policies you prefer, and are more than willing to ditch them if it will help your leftist Democrat masters get elected.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 30, 2008 @ 1:17 pm - August 30, 2008

35. Troy, your words are belied by the fact that gay Democrats like yourself have, by your definition, “thrown your families under the bus” — over and over and over again.

What should we call someone who whines about being against “equality” when it comes to Republicans, but fully endorses and supports his Democrat masters doing exactly the same thing as “pro-gay” and “gay-supportive”?

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 30, 2008 @ 1:19 pm - August 30, 2008

36. Gay Republicans. You know, you say to yourself, OK, maybe I’ll give these guys a chance and see if they make any sense at all as a group. Then, you get three lines in to a swoon over Sarah Palin, and there’s a comparison to Audrey Hepburn?!

As Gail Collins aptly notes, the Republican assumption that women will flock to Palin because they have the same “interior plumbing” is insulting and wrong. It seems that being gay isn’t the sort of thing that can act as glue in and of itself. I can’t think what I have in common with people who can’t see that, while Ms. Hepburn was the very embodiment of class and worldliness, Ms. Palin embodies qualities entirely different. I’ll give you one thing – she’s entertaining…

…in the way that television bloopers are entertaining. As a potential VP, Sarah Palin is positively terrifying. And I haven’t even mentioned here low view of we LGBTQ folks. Self-loathing, anyone?

Comment by Billy — August 30, 2008 @ 1:50 pm - August 30, 2008

37. Ordered my McCain-Palin t-shirt within minutes of hearing of her selection.

Comment by Jeremayakovka — August 30, 2008 @ 1:53 pm - August 30, 2008

38. But I can’t throw my family under the bus

Why not? You seem to do it every election cycle on the command of the Democrats.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 30, 2008 @ 2:19 pm - August 30, 2008

39. Instead, you expect us to be excited about a naif of a politico who bathed in and supported one of the most corrupt and wasteful political machines in the country, attended a church and ran in circles in which racism was the primary theological tenet, and who changes his beliefs more often than he does his underwear — all because you claim he’s more “pro-gay”.

Second that!

I’m not on board with the Palin pick yet – there are things really I like and things I don’t. But she seems much willing to challenge the status que than Obama, who, instead of challenging the Rev. Wrights and Bill Ayers of the world, cozies up to them in order to advance to the next level. It’s a type of laziness, hidden behind a shimmering and magnetic personality.

Comment by sonicfrog — August 30, 2008 @ 2:21 pm - August 30, 2008

40. Billy, perhaps you’re not aware of it, but your insistence that gays who do not automatically vote Democrat are “self-loathing” contradicts your insistence that it is “insulting” to believe that all women would automatically vote for Sarah Palin.

Or, put differently, you oppose identity politics — except when you’re practicing them.

My favorite example of the week has been Emil Jones, Barack Obama’s political mentor, insisting that black Democrats who supported Hillary Clinton were “Uncle Toms”. Of course, the rejoinder was even better — “Emil works with white politicians, so we all know who the Uncle Tom is”.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 30, 2008 @ 2:22 pm - August 30, 2008

41. First, since I didn’t see anyone else say it, welcome back Stephen. i know Dan and Bruce have had disagreements with LCR as a whole in the past, but I don’t know the organization enough.

Amazing the bile put across by people upset at the nomination.

I’d like to point out that FighttheSmears.com apparently supports Sarah Palin’s stance on domestic partnerships. Though they apparently feel that it is worh hiding their point of origin from the average web user (HT LGF>
    http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/31096_Obama_Campaign_Behind_Anti-Palin_Smear_Site (Sorry, don’t know how to imbed links in the comments)

Time has a good link too http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,8816,1837536,00.html

The ‘creationist in schools’ is debunked here http://dwb.adn.com/news/politics/elections/story/8347904p-8243554c.html (again, thanks LGF)

mildarevno, Wiki is a notably unreliable source when it comes to political figures.

Marty, that’s an interesting idea, though I don’t think the Government should force any company to do it. My employer offers benefits to same (and oposite sex) domestic partners. I’m taking advantage of that now. Her premiums are considered income for me, but hey, it’s a non-traditional set up that allows me to cover someone important to me as a domestic partner.

LionM is beyond parody. Though that he’s fighting for a terrorist associating, lying, woman hating, America hating coward explains a lot.

Troy, I’d ask you to provide evidence of these ‘turds’ that you accuse the right of throwing, but that would require you to, well, do work. If you want more ‘foreign government influencing our law’ judges like Ginsberg, knock yourself out. When they look to Muslim law for their influences, I’ll take cold comfort that I can laugh at you while we’re waiting together be shot in the hockey field.

Billy, I think I understand you now.

You’re a Gay Man. Bruce, Peter, Dan, John and others who post here are people, who are gay. They don’t define their existance by their orientation anymore than I look at myself as a ‘Straght man’ it’s part of them, not all of them.

Senator Barak Obama = Black Man, good for the dems to fill their colour wheel.

Sarah Palin = Fisical social conservative, responsive to her constituants, right on guns and religion, right on gays, right on family. Oh yeah, she is a woman isn’t she?

I’ll now wait for the spam filter…

Comment by The Livewire — August 30, 2008 @ 2:36 pm - August 30, 2008

42. Thanks, Livewire, for being evenhanded, but don’t pretend to know me. I have never owned a rainbow flag, and never will. I put country first. Being gay is just a part of me, and a small one at that – I am an American. And because it is just a part of me, like sexuality is just a part of anyone, I resent politicians who let such a relatively nothing issue become a moral wedge between us. As long as this minor part of us is continued to be used as a justification to categorize us and treat us differently, we have to speak up about it, and challenge those who will continue to treat us differently – LIKE SARAH PALIN. The point of equality is that it puts non-issues in their proper place. Is that too much to hope for? But more importantly, it worries me that gay people, gay men especially, find her stance on gay rights attractive, regardless of how unattractive it actually is (and trust me, I disagree with her on just about everything else to be sure – I’m thoroughly liberal). On the extremely off-chance that a McCain presidency would do anything good for LGBT people, and I have no reason to believe that it would, I would like to think that gay people can look beyond their self-interest and to the interests of society as a whole. While it would seem that Democrats are the obvious pick on a simple self-interest analysis (and they could certainly be better, in my mind), their vision of what it takes to make America a better place for everyone is far superior to the Republican vision in my mind.

Y’all probably think I’m crazy, and I think y’all are crazy, but I think we can all agree that we want America to be a better place, right? Right?

Here’s to a good, civil battle for the White House!

Comment by Billy — August 30, 2008 @ 3:31 pm - August 30, 2008

43. WOW! I was told about you gay Republicans but, I honestly did not believe you existed! Gays voting for the group of people who hate them the most! What a bunch of idiots. That is like Jews voting for Hitler. I know people from Alaska and I know all about Palin. You homosexuals are on the top of her hate list. If you think for one second she will help you in any way you are insane. I personally don’t want gays to get married so I am happy for your support. You all helped Bush get in and look at the wonderful things he did for you. Are you sure that the leaders of your group are gay? I just don’t understand how one could vote for the people who really, really, hate them.

Comment by Child of God — August 30, 2008 @ 3:33 pm - August 30, 2008

44. Oh, and Livewire, I missed your comment earlier to Troy about “taking cold comfort that I can laugh at you while we’re waiting together to be shot in the hockey field.” While this is disturbing in and of itself, now that I’ve seen it, I feel like I can take a stab at pretending to know you: You’re xenophobic, and your worldview is defined by isolationism and fear. And if you’re willing to write off all things Muslim or “un-American” (whatever that is), I guess you can’t really hold it against certain people for writing off all things gay, can you?

Try opening your mind. Start from the assumption that people – ALL people – are good. You’ll be surprised what can come from that. Just sayin’.

Comment by Billy — August 30, 2008 @ 3:41 pm - August 30, 2008

45. Start from the assumption that people – ALL people – are good.

I will on one condition. You walk down Gratiot Avenue in Detroit at midnight yelling, “Oh, my, what am I going to do with all this lottery cash?” for at least one hour… so we can test this “ALL People are good” hypothesis.

Comment by V the K — August 30, 2008 @ 3:49 pm - August 30, 2008

46. Billy billy billy…

As much as I like V the K’s reply, I’ll have to ad my own.

My comment is based on Justices of the Thomas/Scalia/Roberts/Alito mold look to the constitution as an inanimate document (as Justice Thomas once said) rather than looking to outside sources for inspiration.

You might look at it as well and good that they look to Denmark for laws on gay relationships. You won’t look at it as so great if they look to Saudi Arabia.

Or maybe you’d like to test the ‘inherint good’ by asking Imadinnerjacket for a date. Or more locally try Fred Phelps (D-Hell)

Comment by The Livewire — August 30, 2008 @ 4:04 pm - August 30, 2008

47. You do realise that Palin actually dislikes you? You particularly? Because you’re a gay man?

Comment by Nimrod Gently — August 30, 2008 @ 7:04 pm - August 30, 2008

48. “I love capitalism” DID NOT just invoke the Alaska National Guard, did she?

So Palin is out on maneuvers with The Guard every weekend? She actually commands the Guardsmen?
    Shouldn’t be much of a jump to command the entire Armed Forces of the United States, right?

Pretty weak.

And the Gay Patriot will remain a second class citizen under McSame/Palin yet he will continue to support them.

Very Weak.

Conservatives happy with the pick? Only the ones who don’t know her, which is everyone. The ones who do know her, the ones from Alaska? Don’t like it one bit.

One good thing. From now on “trooper gate” will be forever linked to Palin and not Clinton.

Too Funny!

Comment by Tim O — August 30, 2008 @ 7:29 pm - August 30, 2008

49. Dude, she hates gays, and was forced to sign the benefits thing into law because she had run out of legal options not to. You are the archetypal turkey singing about Christmas, bro.

Comment by Dr Zen — August 30, 2008 @ 8:39 pm - August 30, 2008

50. Dude, I seriously want some of whatever it is that you’ve been smoking.

Now please excuse me while I go slap a PayPal button on my shitty little blog. I smell something, and it smells like rubes.

Comment by Rightwingsnarkle — August 30, 2008 @ 8:54 pm - August 30, 2008

51. Unfortunately, Dr. Zen, given that gay Democrats like yourself have demonstrated that you have no problem with state and Federal constitutional bans, or even workplace discrimination, if Democrats are doing it.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 30, 2008 @ 8:57 pm - August 30, 2008

52. Unfortunately, Dr. Zen, gay Democrats like yourself have demonstrated that you have no problem with state and Federal constitutional bans, or even workplace discrimination, if Democrats are doing it, i.e. John Kerry, Harold Ford, and Howard Dean. The reason you attack Palin is simple; she represents a threat to your incompetent black massa, who himself has said that marriage is a “sacred union” that gays and lesbians do not deserve, and who has himself endorsed and supported ministers like Rick Warren and TD Jakes who you scream are “antigay”.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 30, 2008 @ 8:57 pm - August 30, 2008

53. “I love capitalism” DID NOT just invoke the Alaska National Guard… She actually commands the Guardsmen?

Tim O: Get real. Her Governor duties make her the civilian C-in-C of the Guardsmen. Whatever that means… However much, or little… it is ***MORE THAN BIDEN AND OBAMA COMBINED***. ROTFLMAO 🙂

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 30, 2008 @ 10:09 pm - August 30, 2008

54. I really want to know more about Palin’s views on gay people. I’ve read that she opposed gay marriage because she believes in the family, but that she has gay friends, and that she doesn’t know if people choose to be gay. What more is known? I am happy that she hunts and supports the 2nd Amendment: she might be stronger in that sense than McCain is.

Comment by Deborah DeWalt — August 30, 2008 @ 10:44 pm - August 30, 2008

55. I implore your readers to more carefully examine Governor Palin’s record on gay issues, economics and corruption. They are not what they appear.

The media, long absent from Alaska, doesn’t have the understanding or the ability to detail the massive corruption oil companies have brought to Alaska politics. Palin has operated as a casual observer, claiming to make bold stands against corruptions but sitting idle when her own party was under indictment. She disallowed the state to assist in FBI corruption probes. She’s campaigned for special interests–illegal under APOC rules. Now, she’s involved in pressuring the dismissal of a state employee without due cause.

Alaska is filled with Frontier politics, corruption and unlikely alliances. Palin is as dirty as Stevens and Young, she just hasn’t been caught–yet.

Furthermore, Palin’s economic policies are crazy. The state of Alaska has it’s own sources of oil, natural gas and coal. The state has two fuel refineries and a non-competitive market for energy.

Palin has made a deal to allow oil/gas producers to continue to charge the super-inflated rates not even found in California or Hawaii and is tapping the states cash reserves to hand out $1200 energy dividend for every man, woman and child who is a state resident. Plus the military.

The state is getting disgustingly rich off oil money but the other mainline alaska industries are starting to fail: fishing, transportation and tourism have all taken serious hits under her tenure as governor.

As bad as Alaska’s former governor, Frank Murkowski, was he at least advocated for Alaska industry by going to the places he was needed to pitch for Alaska salmon. She’s never met with world leaders and she hasn’t negotiated contracts with big corporations. Palin hasn’t been anywhere or done anything except to visit a couple of military boys.

Thinking of military, or National Guard to be exact. Technically, yes, Palin “commands” them or rather invokes them in times of crisis. She has never done so, not even when native villages were collapsing due to damaging winter storms. Palin has her own hurricane “Katrina” to contend with… only that the Alaska native corporations took care of the problem when the state wouldn’t.

To see that she’ll be in Louisiana for a photo op to shore up her and McCain’s disaster aid credentials smacks of hypocrisy.

Palin doesn’t have the experience to lead. The Alaska Senate leader, Republican Lyda Green states it best, “She’s not even qualified to be governor….”

Comment by Cynder Gray — August 31, 2008 @ 8:01 am - August 31, 2008

56. Deborah, I would too. We know that as Governor, she vetoed a bill that would have denied benefits to same-sex domestic partners of State employees. We don’t know much more. I’m guessing she’ll support whatever McCain’s views are, on gay issues.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 31, 2008 @ 8:22 am - August 31, 2008

57. Livewire,

Wow, you already know enough about me to insult my work ethic? Good for you. You’re right in one way, I won’t have to do a lot of work to uncover the lies about Obama from the right. All it takes is a quick trip to Snopes.com and one ‘Obama’ search. But let me guess, that whole site was created years ago just to give Obama cover in 2008.

Comment by Troy — August 31, 2008 @ 10:14 am - August 31, 2008

58. To say that Governor Palin has acquired some sort of valuable experience because she “commands” the Alaska National Guard is a bit of a stretch. It is actually run on a day-to-day basis within Alaska by a career military adjutant general. And within Alaska, its chief function is rescue operations. Check out their website, which includes these highlights:

8/20/08 Alaska Air Guardsmen Respond to Rollover on Dalton Highway
    8/19/08 Alaska National Guard Rescues Climber off Mount Marathon
    8/7/08 Alaska National Guard Rescues Injured Climber
    7/29/08 Man Falls Off Cabin, Saved By Alaska Guardsmen

When the Alaska National Guard is in deployed to Iraq or elsewhere in combat, it is under federal command.

Try to spin it as you will, Governor Palin was mayor of a city with about as many occupants as the first 60 floors of the Sears Tower, and governor of a state with about as many people as Indianapolis. Her third biggest credential is that she was a member of the PTA. And her fourth biggest is that she was a runner-up for Miss Alaska. This is the best the GOP can do?

Comment by Robert — August 31, 2008 @ 10:47 am - August 31, 2008

59. You are the archetypal turkey singing about Christmas, bro.

Why would turkeys sing about Christmas?

Comment by V the K — August 31, 2008 @ 11:11 am - August 31, 2008

60. And can turkeys even sing? I need to consult wiki on this.

Comment by V the K — August 31, 2008 @ 11:13 am - August 31, 2008

61. Cynder Gray, the veracity of your facts is made quite obvious by your inability to even spell Lyda Greene correctly. Furthermore, you leave out the fact that the $1,200 you cite comes, not from “cash reserves”, but from the graduated increase in taxes on oil and gas companies that Palin supported. You ignore the fact that she slashed $1.6 billion in pork from the state budget and that she blew the whistle innumerable times on fellow Republicans during her tenure on the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, including against the state party chairman Randy Ruedrich.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 31, 2008 @ 12:41 pm - August 31, 2008

62. In short, Cynder Gray, you’re doing nothing more than repeating incorrect Obama talking points to protect your corrupt and racist candidate. When do you intend to talk about his wife’s massive salary increase, followed by an enormous earmark for her employer? When do you intend to talk about his sweetheart mortgage and his purchase of a house from a convicted felon and slumlord for hundreds of thousands of dollars below market? When do you intend to talk about his links and association with racists like Emil Jones and Jeremiah Wright, not to mention terrorists like Bill Ayers? When do you intend to answer why Obama supported and endorsed the corrupt machine politics for which Chicago is notorious?

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 31, 2008 @ 12:44 pm - August 31, 2008

63. Finally, it should be noted that Lyda Green (I was wrong, it IS spelled like the color), the Republican Senate leader that Cynder quotes, is not running for re-election for two reasons; one, she’d get beat by a Palin supporter, and two, she’s currently enmeshed in the investigation of the VECO scandal that is taking down Ted Stevens. Seems she was taking some “payments” from VECO as well. No wonder Cynder and other Obama supporters, who see nothing wrong with corruption and bribing politicians like their Obama, are quoting her.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 31, 2008 @ 1:31 pm - August 31, 2008

64. Finally, it should be noted that Lyda Green (I was wrong, it IS spelled like the color), the Republican Senate leader that Cynder quotes, is not running for re-election for two reasons; one, she’d get beat by a Palin supporter, and two, she’s currently enmeshed in the investigation of the VECO scandal that is taking down Ted Stevens. Seems she was taking some “payments” from VECO as well.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 31, 2008 @ 1:31 pm - August 31, 2008

65. Oh yeah right. Sarah Palin is a big advocate for Gay Rights. Living here in Palm Springs, the site of the biggest Gay Pride Parade in Winter, they’re really erecting (no pun intended) banners to this spoiled brat daughter of the Confederate South. This is Scarlet O’Hara not a flaming queen. I know a lot of Republican cross-dressers who want to call themselves Gay and really are not Gay because they are still married to their wives. You talk Sarah Palin into coming to Palm Springs and riding in the Gay Pride Parade with her great-grandpa, and I’ll vote for her. You know what we lost from WWII? We lost all our fathers who would call this bullshit.

Comment by shari74 — August 31, 2008 @ 2:36 pm - August 31, 2008

66. Many years ago, as a resident of New Jersey, I often and happily voted Republican. My representative in Congress was Millicent Fenwick and the last Republican ever to represent New Jersey in the Senate, Clifford Case. Back in the 60’s and 70’s, the Republican Party, in the tradition of the first Republican Party President, Abraham Lincoln, was a far more tolerant place where fiscal conservatives and social liberals co-existed. Millicent and Clifford were great examples of both traits existing in the same politicians. They each could be pro gun (rural) and pro gun control (inner city) and they represented those in the Republican Party who helped save itself from the excesses of Joe McCarthy.

I have never been to this site before. But having read everything written here, what sickens me, I mean literally wrenches at my stomach is that there is no tolerance or respect for opposing views, so many of the comments are made contrary to known facts, there is an enormous use of racial slurs in the attempt to argue a position, and there is so little listening. You guys, not all of you but a good number aren’t having a reasoned political debate—you are simply spreading propaganda and hate. I am sure at some level,Palin as some admirable qualities, even as a VP candidate, but any gay person who could support a candidate who is seeking to amend the constitution to deny gays and gays partners equal treatment in pay, benefits, employment, hospital visitation etc—well that’s just nuts. You can be gay and a Republican and have it make sense if you [push within your party for tolerance and the type of candidates it once put up—but as for me I choose a place where I am welcome, where I may not agree with every liberal candidate and his ideas but I know he or she is going to be willing to listen to me and most importantly they are happy I joined. Not like McCain who upon finding out that certain donations to his campaign came from gay businesses this month, REJECTED THE CONTRIBUTIONS AND GAVE THE MONEY BACK. Today being a gay Republican is just illogical if you have any self-esteem and self-respect.

Comment by Forever Gay — August 31, 2008 @ 2:47 pm - August 31, 2008

67. I nominate shari 74’s comment for a Billy Madison award:

“Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

Comment by V the K — August 31, 2008 @ 4:56 pm - August 31, 2008

68. #30 – When I get there, I’ll say hi to your mother first.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — August 31, 2008 @ 6:49 pm - August 31, 2008

69. To say that Governor Palin has acquired some sort of valuable experience because she “commands” the Alaska National Guard is a bit of a stretch…

Fact: Sarah Palin is C-in-C of the Alaska National Guard and has ultimate responsibility for what it does, just like the President is C-in-C of U.S. armed forces and has ultimate responsibility for what they do.

Fact: In her position as C-in-C of the Alaska National Guard, Sarah Palin has visited Iraq as many times as Barack Obama. (and in shorter time)

Fact: the Alaska National Guard shares a military border with Russia.

Fact: However important or unimportant the ANG may be… However hands-on or hands-off Palin’s C-in-C duties may be… *it’s more experience than Obama has.* And that’s my point. Her qualifications, thin as they are, are better than Obama’s.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 31, 2008 @ 7:13 pm - August 31, 2008

70. Not like McCain who upon finding out that certain donations to his campaign came from gay businesses this month, REJECTED THE CONTRIBUTIONS AND GAVE THE MONEY BACK.

From the Boston Herald:

Basile, who described himself as a “staunch Democrat,” said Crutchley has given the maximum amount to Obama. The Manhunt co-founder said he wouldn’t be surprised, considering the subject matter of the Web site, if Obama returns the $2,300 as well.

“Barack can’t endorse this kind of adult content. It’s sort of like a third rail,” Basile said. “I would imagine if it’s tough for one, it’s tough for the other.”

In short, gays like Forever Gay are blasting McCain for doing that for which they excuse Obama.

Not unlike their previous endorsements of FMA and state constitutional amendment-supporting Democrats like John Kerry and Harold Ford, not to mention their endorsement of Barack Obama’s opposition to gay marriage as “pro-gay”.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 31, 2008 @ 7:58 pm - August 31, 2008

71. Oh, and Forever Gay….given your support of the DNC, which is currently under a lawsuit for discriminating against gay employees and firing gay employees who complain about Democrat homophobia, the only thing you’re doing is demonstrating that gay leftist liberals like yourself are complete and utter hypocrites.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 31, 2008 @ 8:00 pm - August 31, 2008

72. Then Bill Clinton, who commanded the Arkansas National Guard for four years, was a highly qualified military commander? Now I see how this works!

I can’t even find anything on the internet that says that Palin has actually given a command. Can you direct me to something? Face it, this is not nearly as important to her qas being runner up to Miss Alaska.

Comment by Robert — September 1, 2008 @ 8:49 am - September 1, 2008

73. Sorry — launched prematurely.

Face it, this is not nearly as important to her qualifications for office as being runner up to Miss Alaska.

Comment by Robert — September 1, 2008 @ 8:50 am - September 1, 2008

74. Then there is this:

Maj. Gen. Craig Campbell, adjutant general of the Alaska National Guard, considers Palin “extremely responsive and smart” and says she is in charge when it comes to in-state services, such as emergencies and natural disasters where the National Guard is the first responder.

But, in an interview with The Associated Press on Sunday, he said he and Palin play no role in national defense activities, even when they involve the Alaska National Guard. The entire operation is under federal control, and the governor is not briefed on situations.

Comment by Robert — September 1, 2008 @ 8:52 am - September 1, 2008

75. Hey Dallas North Forty–As you accurately noted, Basile not the Boston Globe said Barak can’t endorse the content of the site. Taking a political contribution from an owner of the site is not endorsement of the site’s content. That’s like saying taking money from Michael Dell is an endorsement of Dell Computers. And I checked with Manhunt staff, the contribution to Barak was made. There has been no mention about returning it. And when I wrote my last comment, it was exactly people like you I had in mind when I mentioned people not having tolerance for a differing position. My mere support of a non-Republican candidate causes you to think that I must be some extreme leftist liberal and when I specifically write that I do not agree with all of Obama’s left positions and then you call me a hypocrite because in your mind a discrimination law suit once filed is not just a mere complaint, but is the God given truth, because anything you hear negative about the democrats you assume to be true beyond a shadow of a doubt. I know about the law suit but I don’t know the facts on both sides so I am waiting it out. And are you saying Obama committed the discrimination and can’t be supported. He isn’t mentioned in the complaint, no one is saying he committed the alleged discrimination. BUT EVEN YOUR BUDDIES ON THIS SITE point out that Palin vetoed the withholding of benefits to gay partners because she thought it unconstitutional and therefore she is seeking to change the state constitution so the denial of benefits holds up in the courts. Now that’s her position not the RNC or the majority view of even the delegates attending the Republican Convention. She is radical right, right of the delegates on civil rights, right of McCain on environmental protection, quite frankly she is right out of the Ice Age when it comes to social goals that would benefit all. It is guys like you and others that make it tough for someone like myself who is an independent, who has voted Republican not only a long time ago but as recently as three years ago for the Mayor of NY, to come over to discuss ideas that are not dead red points of view. But I do respect your right to act out that way no matter how unpleasant you make yourself.

Comment by Forever gay — September 1, 2008 @ 9:57 am - September 1, 2008

76. Did we listen to the same speech. She sounded like an average idiot! An average idiot I can’t see talking world politics with leaders around the world, much less on Washington. This is a huge mistake.

Comment by Jesse — September 1, 2008 @ 6:30 pm - September 1, 2008

77. Forever Gay, the entertaining part is that you accuse me of taking a lawsuit as proof of guilt while, over on another site, you are supporting and endorsing the idea that an investigation of Palin means she’s guilty, that she lied and that her baby isn’t hers, and that her daughter is some type of medical miracle that can produce overlapping pregnancies.

That is why you’re considered an “extreme leftist liberal”.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — September 1, 2008 @ 9:17 pm - September 1, 2008

78. Sarah Palin is being used as a tool by McCain and his camp. They saw the popularity of Hillary and are trying to steal her voters who are in limbo. Palin wasn’t picked for her expertise but rather to try to suck up votes. Women should feel insulted that they are still being used for political ploy. After such critism by McCain on Obama’s “inexperience”, McCain picks Palin as a VP…it’s so hypocritical and obvious what his true intentions with picking her are. Hope people wake up to what’s going on.

Comment by J — September 3, 2008 @ 2:02 am - September 3, 2008

79. I was raised and have lived in Anchorage Alaska for over 40 years, and I cannot believe how much backing politicians like Palin are receiving from the American people, especially Gay Americans. Palin is a right-wing religious conservative with not foreign policy expertise. She has been caught abusing her power as Governor of Alaska, and will soon be forced to own up to it. Why would anybody want to vote for someone that has never done or made any decisions of any importance. All she has done as Governor since she was elected has been to say yes or no with Alaska’s money, because Alaska has plenty. She is nothing more then a Princess.

Comment by Steve — September 3, 2008 @ 8:47 pm - September 3, 2008

80. Dan, she didn’t do this willingly. She did this because she had no choice. The State Supreme Court had already ruled the law unconstitutional. She personally went on record as supporting the denial of health and hospital benefits to Gay couples but argued she had no choice in the matter — especially after her AG chimed in.

that was what he said that was important..

i can hate all gay people but still reject a constitutional marriage ban bcoz it would be against the laws.. .
    what that means is that she might not publicly ban gay marriage through the constitutiojn but she would not support gay marriage either..

simple.

i think gay republicans just want to support the republican candidate so much that they are blindly supporting any candidate chosen by john mccain …

Comment by rafe — September 3, 2008 @ 11:34 pm - September 3, 2008

81. http://www.gay.com/news/article.html?2006/12/29/6

here look at that article linkj

she only supported the same sex benefits bcoz it was against rational law application ..not bcoz she supported gay rights …she had no choice but to do so …

meaning she IS rational and she WOULD follow the law unlike Bush but neither would she support gay rights …

Comment by rafe — September 3, 2008 @ 11:39 pm - September 3, 2008

82. She has gays “friends” but doesn’t believe in gay marriage and denies benefits to life long partners. Just what kind of friendship does she have with these gay people? She doesn’t sound like a very good friend to me!

Comment by Ross Sanford — September 4, 2008 @ 10:56 am - September 4, 2008

83. To the Gay Republicans Voting for McPalin,

You are helping to doom our cause. They want gay people to be treated as 2nd class citizens, and you DONATE to them? You people care more about your cash than you do you basic human rights. If the Republicans win, they will screw us over, yourselves included, and when that happens, I pray you’ll be on a curb, without same sex partner benefits, deserted by your evil political party and the gay community.

Gay republicans are scum. Truly.

Brin Londo

Comment by Brin Londo — September 5, 2008 @ 2:34 am - September 5, 2008

84. Brin: Why are you attacking us for being gay?

Seems to me that you’re everything that you acuse other people of being.

Comment by Vince P — September 5, 2008 @ 3:23 am - September 5, 2008

85. gay republicans are unparalleled fools. get a clue and vote for obama-biden. i pity you for your intellectual inconsistencies and oblivious self-loathing.

Comment by ak — September 5, 2008 @ 4:22 pm - September 5, 2008

86. Palin or Mc Cain know nothing about economics, human rights or civil liberties, let alone guns, hunting, and she has yet to even answer one single question. So she eats moose Burgers. I eaten worse. In fact Palin is the first National Politician who has actually added descrimination into the Constitution of her state and she wants to ban books she thinks you should not read. So where does this leave you guys? Well there is a reason The GOP convention LOOKED LIKE RED SQUARE-She and her family are on record for thier succession plots to overthrow America, perhaps over the straights to Russia. My self, I run, and founded, a successful company, a full capitolist and real Anerican, NOT A RED, and I do busniess all over the world. She has already freaked out my the European markets but i have told my customers there they need not worry about us becomming REDS like you cuase we have guns to stop you. It’s a Democracy thing, you would not undersatnd. You also support Bush!! We know he is a National Security Risk, Val Plame, yet you REDS make him out a hero? I have one word for you guys. TRADERS! Leave, succeed with Palin and her Husband, REDS GO HOME!

Comment by ceo — September 5, 2008 @ 5:08 pm - September 5, 2008

87. I love anyone that is accepting of non-scientific drivel (life begins at conception) and yet ignores the EVIDENCE of global climate change (something even G.W. Bush and McCain have had to admit). How much does a Gay man have to hate himself before he’s accepted by society?

Comment by Dan S. — September 5, 2008 @ 7:39 pm - September 5, 2008

88. Sarah Palin vetoed that bill because she HAD to, not because she wanted to.

quote:
    “The Department of Law advised me that this bill… is unconstitutional given the recent court order… mandating same-sex benefits,” Palin said in a statement. “With that in mind, signing this bill would be in direct violation of my oath of office.”

The statement added, “The governor’s veto does not signal any change or modification to her disagreement with the action and order by the Alaska Supreme Court. It is the governor’s intention to work with the Legislature and to give the people of Alaska an opportunity to express their wishes and intentions whether these benefits should continue.”

As you see, she even went ON RECORD stating that she supported the intention, but had to vetoe it because it was unconstitutional. she did NOT do this out of any sympathy for gay people.

So explain to me why any rational gay or lesbian here would support a woman that thinks you shouldn’t marry the person that you love AND that you aren’t even worthy of basic health benefits???

It is utterly heartbreaking to see some of my gay brothers and sisters acting as such doormats.

Comment by eshine — September 6, 2008 @ 6:33 am - September 6, 2008

89. Are you serious…as a “gay” Republican you would support an evangelical christian who supports her because she vetoed a bill that by the State’s Constitution, she was required to? She went on record as saying she did not suport legal recogniztion or our unions…By all means, send them money so they can put more conservative judges on the benches and not only hold back our movement to win our rights, but to reverse some already won. Unbelievable…oh and by the way, Sarah’s church and Pastor are sponsoring a program to “convert” homosexuals….and you encourage Gay men to support this woman? What is your problem?

Comment by TruthisTruth — September 6, 2008 @ 9:54 pm - September 6, 2008

90. Who has commanded troops? Palin or Obama…actual correct answer is “Neither”. Governors do not control National Guard Troops….they are under federal jurisdiction. Just another stretch of the argument to solidify her meager resume…I would love someone to admit it that were Palin a man, she would never have been chosen…over Romeny? Pawlenty? absolutely not…this was a cynical choice to please the base and try to fool Hillary supporters at the same time…How ironic.

Comment by TruthisTruth — September 6, 2008 @ 9:57 pm - September 6, 2008

91. By the way, her church and Pastor support “conversion therapies” for Gay People…you still think I should send her my hard earned money? Sorry…I don’t need a Diva…I need an educated, informed, experienced, wise, and compassionate person as President or Vice President…I don’t sense that with the “Barracuda”…and for the record….I don’t think the left is quaking with fear or going nuts over this woman because we think her slim resume deserves the same scrutiny that other candidates (including Hillary) received, and pointing out the lies that the McCain Palin campaign are putting out is not a sign of fear…it’s a matter of practicing the 1st amedment.

Comment by TruthisTruth — September 6, 2008 @ 10:05 pm - September 6, 2008

92. So gays like Sarah Palin. Guess what? She does not like you. As a matter of fact, her church has planned a “PRAY FOR GAY COVENTION”. The goal is to convert gays. Wake up. She is dangerous to the Gay/Lesbian Movement.

Comment by Eve — September 7, 2008 @ 1:14 pm - September 7, 2008

93. Are you kidding? Has no one read about and her “Church”? Their moto is “Pray the Gay Away”. How is that support?

Comment by Chana — September 7, 2008 @ 5:51 pm - September 7, 2008

94. Chana: The Democrats told us not to look into the churches of the candidates. They told us it was a distraction from an adult debate on the issue.

Why do you hate sticking to the issues?

Comment by Vince P — September 7, 2008 @ 7:03 pm - September 7, 2008

95. Looks like Palin made a lot of enemies cleaning up corruption in Alaska.. what happened, did she close a bathhouse or something?

Comment by Vince P — September 7, 2008 @ 7:14 pm - September 7, 2008

96. As an Openly Gay Alaskan Citizen, I am in full support of John McCain and her VP pick, our governor, Sarah Palin. She has done many things to improve life for all people, not just the straight, right wing, religious types. She was mayor of the fastest growing city of the time; she took on an extremely controversial gas pipeline issue, as well as taking on corrupt legislators in our state. I have personal knowledge of her actions; I worked at the Alaskan State Legislature for a number of years.
    On a personal note, she has never done anything to disrespect me or any of my fellow gay Alaskans. Sarah has never told me to, “Pray the gay away” or anything else. She has always stood up for the common Alaskan, and I thank her for that!

Comment by Erich DeLand — September 8, 2008 @ 7:25 pm - September 8, 2008

97. Eric: I think your gov is awesome. The first moment she walked to that podium and had that smile on her face I knew she was going to kick ass..

I felt horrible on how my fellow 48’ers treated her,, with their vicisious evil slander.

Thanks for your comments.

Comment by Vince P — September 8, 2008 @ 11:10 pm - September 8, 2008

98. I really hope that all of you start to research and truly educate yourselves as to whom Sarah Palin really is and what she really stands for. Add to that what she really can do for our Country or cant do for our Country. She is nothing more then a political Princess/celebrity running on the fame that the McCain party created for her by bringing her in. Analyze what she has said in the talks/speeches she has given. It is nothing more than News/celebrity talking to make the other party look inferior. Its all wrong. She is all wrong. McCain is only half wrong and not in any physical condition to be President. Look at real footage of him, not the stuff they show on the new, but look at how old an feeble he is. Do you think he can stand up to 4 years? Do you really want her as President?

Comment by Steve — September 9, 2008 @ 2:46 am - September 9, 2008

99. Hey steve, you know what I found out?

That her child with Down Syndrome is really her husband’s mother’s with her father’s Great-Uncle seed, but was born in Russia so that in the future, the baby can claim to be heir of Anastasia.

Comment by Vince P — September 9, 2008 @ 3:14 am - September 9, 2008

100. Vote Obama!!! come on.. what is wrong with you people. There are more important issues out there than this. Just because she is a supporter does not mean Obama is not. She will eat you alive a long with McCain. NOOOOOO, lets keep things the same. Lets continue to live in hell for another four years. Note: McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time. Note: McCain has a 60% lower approval rating than he did a year ago among republicans!!! but no, Lets continue to be hated by other countries. Lets hold our heads high and say “we are the united states and nobody else matter, because why? well, we are the united states right?. screw that, we are a country just like the others. I’m sick of people making a decision based on one issue. i’m sick of uneducated people believing everything they hear!! Maybe we are entitled to be hated by all. Maybe we deserve to get attacked. This is sad to say, yes. But damnit, the U.S. would rather vote for someone and bitch about it for four years than to take a chance on something different.

Comment by pete — September 9, 2008 @ 5:37 am - September 9, 2008

101. Now that it is well know that Gov. Palin belongs to a church that promotes “praying away the gay.” I hope all Republican gay men and women will decide not to vote McCain Palin. Think about it, praying to God to erase the “mistake” of being gay? ‘Nuff said.

Comment by Michael Blum — September 9, 2008 @ 11:41 am - September 9, 2008

102. Maybe you guys can ask her to pray your gay away.

Comment by MJ — September 9, 2008 @ 6:24 pm - September 9, 2008

103. Are you guys not reading your positions correctly? Palin DOES NOT support equal benefits for gays or gay marriage:

Prior to being elected governor, Palin supported the 1998 constitutional amendment barring marriage for same-sex couples and has said she would support a ballot measure overturning a state supreme court decision mandating benefits for domestic partners of state employeesShe is close to “traditional values” groups, like Family Research Council, because she is strongly anti-choice Marriage and Relationship Recognition P

alin told the Anchorage Daily News that she supported the 1998 constitutional amendment on marriage.In addition, she told the Daily News that she would support a ballot question that would deny benefits to the domestic partners of public employees, which were ordered by an October 2005 decision of the Alaska Supreme Court, because, she said “honoring the family structure is that important.”While she followed the Court’s decision and he also signed legislation –her first legislative act as Governor of Alaska—to put the issue on the April 2007 ballot for a nonbinding advisory vote. This was the only issue on the ballot and that election cost the state taxpayers $1.2 million. This measure passed, but the legislature did not follow the public’s advice and it chose not to take any further action to overturn the court’s decision. · She did, however, veto legislation passed by the state legislature in 2006 that would have prohibited providing DP benefits to state workers, in defiance of the Alaska Supreme Court’s ruling. She did this after the Supreme Court had already ruled and the Attorney General (Republican) advised her that the legislation was unconstitutional. Palin went on to state that, as a matter of policy, she was in favor of the bill. Ties to Anti-LGBT GroupsShe will be honored alongside anti-gay Representative Michelle Bachman (R-MN) at an event at the 2008 Republican Convention, the “Life of the Party,” sponsored in part by long-time opponent of GLBT rights, Phyllis Schlafly.

Comment by Concerned Gay — September 9, 2008 @ 9:38 pm - September 9, 2008

104. I love how the ideogogues heads explode.

Country First!

Comment by Vince P — September 9, 2008 @ 11:25 pm - September 9, 2008

105. New to this blog — stunned and saddened to see that Sarah Palin is garnering any support whatsoever from gays and lesbians. Eight days now after her selection, Palin has demonstrated herself to be little more than a “wind-up doll” who repeats the same exact words over and over and over and over. And we’re getting behind that?? Leave the gay community’s adoration of Sarah Palin to the drag queens who will no doubt love portraying her forevermore. In the real world: anyone outside of the white-bread, “be fruitful and multiply” mold from which Palin is cut will not support her if they have functioning heart, brain, and self-respect. Personally (and especially seeing how weary McCain looks simply campaigning, let alone governing) I believe John McCain’s greatest ambition is to be president, that he is desperate to achieve it, especially in his twilight years, and he’ll do anything to further that ambition — including choose a running mate whose views are largely in opposition to his own. I strongly believe that after this presidential election is over, McCain — win or lose — will find that his body’s natural desire to finally “rest” will take over, he will age twice as quickly as other presidents (who already age quickly — get a look at Prez Bush the other day?), and within four years Palin will be our national leader. That thought terrifies me.

Comment by Christine — September 10, 2008 @ 6:13 am - September 10, 2008

106. Wow, this is interesting. I can’t believe that you Republican Gays, really think that if Sarah Palin and John McShame, get into office they are going to support anything, that they say is against GOD. She might give you her preelection BS, but the way she feels about God and the bible, rest assured your advance as gay Americans will surely go by the wayside. Ms. Palin plans to pray your Gay A** away.

[GP Ed. Note – Yes, dear. We’ve heard this all before. Fire up the buses that will take us all to the Republican-built Gay Concentration Camps (TM) that have been under construction since 1981.]

Comment by Tinya — September 10, 2008 @ 10:54 pm - September 10, 2008

107. How can you Republi-gays ignore the fact that Sarah Palin ONLY vetoed the domestic partner legislation because the Alaska Supreme Court told her that the legislation was uncontitional?! She said herself that she disagreed with the idea of DP benefits. She disagrees with EVERYTHING pro-gay, and is proud of the fact that her church is advertising for the Love Won Out conference in Anchorage! As a gay man myself, it makes absolutely no sense that ANY gay person could go far enough into denial to not SEE this stuff.

Comment by Andrew Boutcher — September 12, 2008 @ 3:16 pm - September 12, 2008

108. I DONT get some of you people! She only vetoed the bill because the Alaska Supreme Court told her the bill was unconstitutional- She was all for it. You really need to get your facts straight!!! Shes not for any gay rights. Marriage or anything else. I don’t get how on earth anyone in the gay community could be behind her. I’m am truely scared about what will happen if her and Mccain are elected. You don’t think she’s a threat? Jesus- do some research. And her latest “I’m not one to judge” is BS and she totally went around the issue in the first place. You think trying to change the constitution was bad with Bush? Watch til she gets more power- and If you are one of the ones who are for that power and she does end up in Washington- I guess you get what you deserve but I’m sorry cuz you are dragging the rest of us in the gay community down with you!

Comment by ashley — September 13, 2008 @ 4:55 am - September 13, 2008

109. You guys are crazy. This woman has attended and will attend the PRAY FOR THE GAY CONVENTION. GO GOOGLE IT DUMMIES.

Comment by Eve — September 13, 2008 @ 3:59 pm - September 13, 2008

110. I googled Sarah Palin and Gay rights and came across this blog. After reading the posts, I just had to comment. I am a black gay independent, and an educator, and I am voting for Obama. I thought of voting for McCain, but have been turned off by his swing to the right to secure his nomination, and by the cynical selection of Sarah Palin . This country is on the verge of imploding financially, and spiritually. The last 8 years have been the “era of the bully” with the Bush Administration running around the world with a might makes right attitude that has destroyed our image as a beacon of hope to the rest of the world. And just as our waistlines have expanded due to the gluttony that has become the way of life for most Americans, So have our wealthy become bloated with the “win at all cost”, and “get mine before you get yours consciousness”. As a people we will not continue to prosper and survive if we continue on the path that we are on. looking at the age of the supreme court justices, there is the very real possibility that 2 or 3 of the justices will retire in the next administration. The thought of having an administration selecting the new judges that believes: 1) that Gay people have a choice, 2) Creationism is a legitimate science, 3) Woman who have been raped should be forced to have a baby,4) Torture of prisoners of war is okay 5) and that I don’t have the same rights as the other Marines that I fought side by side with in the Gulf War to marry whom I choose, is terrifying. I’m not going to hate on Gay republicans, Because I understand that there may be other issues that are more important to you. But think long and hard about what the consequences of that vote will be. Because one thing the Republicans have shown me is that if given the chance they will strip me of every right that I have and set up systems to make sure that things stay the status Quo. Even if they were going to allow it, A jewish person probably shouldn’t join the Klu Klux Klan to try to influence their politics. They may be able to get by for a while, but eventually they will probably end up on the end of a noose. Thanks for listening, and God save the Queens. 🙂

Comment by FJones — September 16, 2008 @ 8:40 am - September 16, 2008

111. I swear to God these Obama people are getting more and more deranged, irrational, infantile.

They revel in the false information they created. They have to know its fake yet they keep telling each other it.

I’ve never seen a group of people so openly and proudly brainwash each other like this. What the hell is wrong with them.

Comment by Vince P — September 16, 2008 @ 11:35 am - September 16, 2008

112. Touch a nerve? It’s okay, I love you anyway

Comment by FJones — September 16, 2008 @ 7:07 pm - September 16, 2008

113. Anyone that gets on this site and blasts me for my conservative views should take a good long look at what Democrats have done for gay people which is basically zilch. I think Sarah Palin is a breath of fresh air to the over-paid garish Hollywood crowd and elitist liberal media. I applaud any woman who hunts, fishes and raises a family. The fact is she is more like most Americans than the left elitist crowd. I am a gay male that is accepted and respected in a very conservative area. I think gays are more accepted when they don’t try so hard to be different, with an in your face attitude. I can be gay, happy and proud without being a fascist about it. Anyone who works hard and has mutual respect for everyone else including conservatives will normally get the same in return. If you act like a fool, you’ll get treated like a fool! I believe we are in very trying times and I can’t trust Obama to get us out of it! We need people who can make tough decisions and not rely on focus groups, polls and media consultants.

Comment by Eddie M. — September 17, 2008 @ 11:34 am - September 17, 2008

114. McCain favours virginity until marriage. Sarah Palin is less conservative on contraception but she’s extremely conservative on abortion, as you can see in this video:

Comment by mildareveno — September 17, 2008 @ 5:07 pm - September 17, 2008

115. you are all dellusional

Comment by chris — September 18, 2008 @ 9:27 am - September 18, 2008

116. I’m an Independent voter,a woman, and I’m a lesbian. I was for McCain long before Palin, but I love her too. McCain is such a centrist, it’s like an Independent/Republican ticket! Now that’s bipartisan! As for the gay issue, Obama and McCain have the EXACT same position–let the states decide! Do Democrats want a cookie for that? I don’t like extreme candidates on either side, and it’s no secret McCain is moderate and Obama is as liberal as you can get! Plus, McCain is right on all of the important issues that matter most. Issues like the economy,energy,taxes,healthcare,etc. One more thing, I’m disgusted by the Democrats this year. They have not only proven themselves to be sexist bigots, but they have stoked racism and labeled people like crazy! They are always putting one group against the next, it’s disturbing! They have suppressed voter rights,insulted anyone who disagreed with them,threatened women with reproductive rights,race baited,abused women,called African Americans not for Obama “uncle toms”,etc. Don’t even get me started. The so-called “tolerant” left have become very intolerant to everyone who don’t do what they say! They have become fascists! Please Democrats, get the Clintons back and be the Party you USED to be! Journalism died in this election too because 97% of the media became Obama campaign headquarters! I’m disgusted with everything! McCain is the man who will bring everyone together. Obama and the Democrats seem to want to tear us all apart! Vote for real unity and leadership, vote for John McCain! A man who has always fought for you! Let’s fight for him now!
    McCain/Palin 08!!

Comment by The Audacity of Hype — September 21, 2008 @ 6:57 am - September 21, 2008

117. I love the “self loathing” comment. Just more intolerance from the “tolerant” left. I love myself and I love supporting John McCain. I am completely out of the closet and I have been since I was 15! I’m 27 now! Stop judging everyone liberals, you’ve obviously forgotten everything you’re supposed to believe in! People can have different beliefs and ideas! It doesn’t make them stupid or inadequate! The self righteous hypocrisy of the left is not to be desired!

Comment by The Audacity of Hype — September 21, 2008 @ 7:06 am - September 21, 2008

118. Democrats have the same position on gay rights as Republicans, but even if they didn’t I would vote for McCain. Not for self interest(which I know Democrats can’t understand), but for the good of the Country! That’s what “Country First” means! Lucky for me, his position on gay rights is the same as Obama’s!
    McCain/Palin 08!

Comment by The Audacity of Hype — September 21, 2008 @ 7:23 am - September 21, 2008

119. I’m an Independent voter,a woman, and I’m a lesbian. I was for McCain long before Palin, but I love her too. McCain is such a centrist which I love! McCain is right on all of the important issues that matter most. Issues like the economy, energy, taxes, healthcare,etc. One more thing, I’m disgusted by the Democrats this year. The so-called “tolerant” left have become very intolerant to everyone who don’t do what they say! They have become fascists! McCain is the man who will bring everyone together. Obama and the Democrats seem to want to tear us all apart!
    McCain/Palin 08!!

Comment by The Audacity of Hype — September 21, 2008 @ 7:26 am - September 21, 2008

120. The Audacity of Hype: Isn’t it amazing how the Left’s bigoted views about gay people compell them to harassas gays who do not conform to the stereotype the Left has constructed for them?

Comment by Vince P — September 21, 2008 @ 1:15 pm - September 21, 2008

121. Sarah Palin’s views on homsexuality are offensive. US citizens were gaining awareness and moving in a direction of acceptance.Truth is, no one, not even Sarah Palin can explain where homosexuality stems from. With that in mind, if it is derived from parental, environmental or genetic influences, how can one be “transformed” later in life? If one could prove these natural emotions were a result of human biology, Sarah Palin’s theory to “transform” insinuates she can override genetics. Otherwise, her logic blames society for the outcome, not individuals. Therefore, her solution suggests, “fixing” problems caused by those who created them.

I wonder if she had a gay, bi-sexual or bi-curious child, if they too would be enrolled in her “school of conversion?”

America represents freedom.
    Marriage is not a luxury-It is a human right.

As a woman, in particular, she should understand discrimination and fight for equality in this country.

Her glasses are as transparent as her lack of international foreign policy experience and human compassion.

Comment by JENNIFER SAGINOR — September 22, 2008 @ 3:25 am - September 22, 2008

122. SHOCKING that anyone with a brain, REGARDLESS OF BEING GAY OR STRAIGHT , would aline themselves with a party, hijacked by right winged evangelicals, who, fronted by Palin, DENY evolution, believe that homosexuality is NOT inherent and CURABLE (as if there is something to cure), believe that all 100,000 species of flies were on Noah’s ark (must have been quite a flycatcher), and that the Alaska pipeline “was god’s will”. (Not that I am against the pipeline but this sentiment is just insane)

It is my personal opinion that any gays in support of her, are either
    1. incapable of critical analysis
    or
    2 Christian (which is just plain silly!) cummon, you are gay, YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER, a recent pole suggests that 85% of christians regardless of their support for or against gay rights believe that gay people are going to hell. How you could subscribe to the same belief as these hateful archaic people is beyond me. Just look at this comment by a “Child of God
    #43
    “WOW! I was told about you gay Republicans but, I honestly did not believe you existed! Gays voting for the group of people who hate them the most! What a bunch of idiots. That is like Jews voting for Hitler. I know people from Alaska and I know all about Palin. You homosexuals are on the top of her hate list. If you think for one second she will help you in any way you are insane. I personally don’t want gays to get married so I am happy for your support. You all helped Bush get in and look at the wonderful things he did for you. Are you sure that the leaders of your group are gay? I just don’t understand how one could vote for the people who really, really, hate them.”

I am not a big fan of Barack either, but this post isn’t about him. I could never, ever consider voting for Palin. We will look back on candidates like her in the same we look back on candidates who were pro-segregation.

Comment by Roger — September 22, 2008 @ 9:06 am - September 22, 2008

123. Hmmm…

Sarah Palin opposes same-sex marriage. In 1998, Alaska was one of the first U.S. states to pass a constitutional ban on gay marriage. Palin supported the amendment.

Palin’s first veto as Governor of Alaska was used to block a bill that would’ve barred same-sex partners from receiving state employee benefits under grounds of the constitutionality of the measure. The move, effectively, granted State of Alaska benefits to same-sex couples. However, Palin has stated that she would support a ballot measure overturning the standing state supreme court decision that mandates benefits for domestic partners of state employees.

Palin’s support of teaching creationism in schools and her ties to conservative anti-gay groups like Family Research Council, make it unlikely she will be in support of pro-gay legislation.

– Ramon Johnson, About.com

Comment by John — September 30, 2008 @ 11:28 am - September 30, 2008

124. Man, you angry lefties will beleive anything anyone says.

Palin went against her own well know beliefs to veto her state legislature when they tried to strip rights of state employee gay couples. And yet you mad fools hold it against her that she stood up for the rights of gay couples.

There is no reconciling you mad angry leftists.

Palin was put on an oil and gas board with her state’s congressional representatives and she saw corruption, pay offs, under the table dealing. So she resigned and ran against the incumbent Republican Govenor and beat him for the office. Then she went after the three Republicans who were involved with the backroom deals and kickbacks. All three are facing federal investigations and federal charges.

Now how is it that mad angry leftists can dislike a person who got four republicans thrown out of office and three thrown into jail?

Madness. It must be that you are all simply mad as hatters.

Comment by steve — October 1, 2008 @ 6:01 pm - October 1, 2008

125. the DEMS say they care about us but why did biden say that he and obama are against gay marriages. they never said it before

Comment by shannon — October 7, 2008 @ 12:39 am - October 7, 2008

126. btw….. she gave benefits to gay couples in her state.

Comment by shannon — October 7, 2008 @ 12:48 am - October 7, 2008

127. As a conservative Brit I was astonished to come upon this site, thinking that Gay Republican was an oxymoron.. As for supporting Mrs Palin your members comments remind of abused kids who still worship their abusers or turkeys voting for christmas. America is an amazing country but you deserve a much better Vice President than Mrs Palin will every be… You have some of the best minds on the planet and she is NOT one of them… Good luck , you’ll need it if they get elected..

Comment by carl — October 13, 2008 @ 8:49 pm - October 13, 2008

128. It is important to look beyond the candidates and look at what your party believes about being gay. PLEASE GOOGLE the Republican Platform and READ IT (Under the heading “Values”). Look at your STATE Republican Platform. They are all anti-gay, anti-gay adoption and even against a gay parent having custody of their own child! They are agains any kind of partner rights. WAKE UP FOLKS! THEY DON’T LIKE YOU! It’s like Jews voting for the Nazis! It is unbelievable!

Comment by Rob — October 21, 2008 @ 2:49 am - October 21, 2008

129. Sarah Palin is hanging from a roof in West LA and John McCain buring to death at same house along the street. This is a hate crime, and I dont know if it’s illegal to threaten presidential and vice presidential candidates? No pics of this online but this has been on local LA news. Also, City of West LA officially bans Sarha Palin dragqueens in cultural cleansing by a government entity. This home owner should be sued for civil rights violations at least!!!
    A report on Sarha Palin hanging ran on local los angeles CBS(kcbs) station at 6pm on Sunday 10-26-2008. These home owners should be sued for civil rights violations and charged with any law threatening presidential candidates as john McCain is depeicted burning to death. This city has also banned Sahra Palin drag queens to weed out gay conservatives in gov sanctioned cultural ethnic cleansing. This is also the same city that has made smoking weed legal.

Comment by juan rivera — October 26, 2008 @ 10:23 pm - October 26, 2008

130. […] GayPatriot kind of likes the idea of Palin as a diva. Interesting take. Can’t say I disagree. […]

Pingback by Sarah Palin is a Diva. Of course. Uppity Woman. « Whassup, Peoples? — October 27, 2008 @ 9:58 pm - October 27, 2008

131. what? how can my fellow gay people support this woman? wake up. they Hate us. denial ain’t a river in Egypt, girlfriend.

Comment by shocked — November 2, 2008 @ 3:39 pm - November 2, 2008