Palin: From Nobody to Hero in No Time

While the Alaska Governor wasn’t quite nobody last week (some of our readers had been pushing her for VP as long ago as July 2007), a “week ago,” according to Rasmussen reports, “most Americans had never heard of” her.  Today, she’s more popular than Barack Obama or John McCain.

Obama is no longer “the only ‘rock star’ in presidential politics this year.”  More than forty million people tuned in to hear her speak Wednesday night, a “huge audience [rivaling] that for Obama’s address at the Democratic National Convention six days earlier.”

And the media, trying to destroy her, set her up for success. They, Peggy said, “overstepped: . . . . In the end it made Palin the underdog, and gave her the perfect platform for the perfect dive she made Wednesday night.

Her speech, telling her story, taking on her rival with passion and humor, articulating conservative ideas in a straightforward and energetic way has made her a new hero for Republicans, indeed, if my e-mail is any indication for a good number of non-Republicans as well.

We love her feistiness, we love her humor, we love her sincerity, we love her story, we love her accomplishments.  And the media notwithstanding, we love her family.

She has earned her affection in a matter of moments because John McCain recognized those qualities and plucked her for relative obscurity to join him on our party’s ticket.  As the Arizona Senator himself said, “I’m very proud to have introduced our next Vice President to the country. But I can’t wait until I introduce her to Washington.”  Let me repeat.  Neither can we.

Even Rush Limbaugh, no fan of John McCain is excited, calling the GOP nominee McBriliant:

This lady has turned it all around.  And I’m here to tell you today that John McCain, from now on, on this program, regarding this choice, will be known as John McBrilliant.  This was a brilliant choice on the part of Senator McCain . . . . he let Sarah Palin fire both barrels. . . .  The Democrats are doing everything they can to discredit Sarah Palin because it was somebody else wrote the speech.  Somebody else from the Bush campaign, somebody named Scully.  Well, I don’t care who wrote the speech.  The speech was about her life.  A speechwriter cannot make that up.  A speechwriter cannot tell that.

And that’s why we love her. All of a sudden she appears on the national stage and delivers a boffo performance.

And the media, eager to destroy her, made it all possible. They got the American people curious and rather than trust the MSM, they trusted their own eyes and ears. We watched, we listened, we loved.

1. Dan, nice coverage on the convention and did you notice our Michigan delegation was wearing hockey jerseys to honor Gov Palin… we were down in front and ahead of the all straw cowboy hats from Texas. I thought Mitt did a good but not great job and Palin did steal the show, maybe the convention. Our delegation and I were pumped to the max by the time Gov Palin took command of the stage and the convention. Wow, did McCain make a terrific choice -far better than our choice for #2 (Mitt).

Again, nice coverage. Good insights; very accurate of you.

Comment by Michigan-Matt — September 5, 2008 @ 1:24 pm - September 5, 2008

2. The Nutroots have launched a website attacking Trig Palin. Obama sure does have some lovely people supporting his campaign.

Comment by V the K — September 5, 2008 @ 1:35 pm - September 5, 2008

3. Making fun of people with Down Syndrome—hmm, I wonder how that’s gonna work out.

To be sure, the person who created that blog by no means speaks for the vast majority of Democrats, but it would be interesting to see if the person running that blog would ever have the courage to identify himself or herself. I wonder if Google (which owns blogger.com aka blogspot) knows about such a blog and has any objections to allowing this idiot spew this sort of offensive crap on their dime. I’m not in favor of companies such as google trying to squash anyone’s freedom of speech, but as long as they are paying the bills, it would seem to me they would be entitled to shut down a blog that dehumanizes one of the most innocent and marginalized people groups around. Anyway, anyone who treats people with Down syndrome in a subhuman way is himself or herself subhuman.

Comment by cme — September 5, 2008 @ 1:58 pm - September 5, 2008

4. While I want Gov. Palin’s candidacy to be “the answer” for us Republicans, and while it may very well be, I think it is terribly dangerous for us to assume that this will be the case. I was extremely impressed by the text of the speech (as I missed the TV event) and impressed by the woman’s background. However, now that she is in the National spotlight, the Left is going to come after her with both barrels. Before we assume that she is our own “Messiah”-lite (I don’t think we are as arrogant in that respect as the Left), let’s see how things shake down.

But I still really like her!

Comment by SGT Christopher Whitaker — September 5, 2008 @ 2:23 pm - September 5, 2008

5. Here is one gay Republican who has fallen in love with Sarah Palin in a very short time. A smile comes to my face everytime I see her on television. I have her RNC speech on my IPOD and listen to it on the way to and from work surrounded by the Obama fans here in NYC. Her acceptance without condition of her daughter’s pregnancy and her unconditional love for her child started this crush. As a gay man born and raised in a traditional Catholic family, I was quite nervous to come out to my family, thinking, “How will they respond?” And, like Sarah Palin, they were accepting and loving unconditionally. It made everything much easier. Following Palin’s speech, my sister, herself a mother of five, who had become disillusioned by the whole political scene, is thrilled and excited beyond belief by the selection of Palin. She relates to this woman in ways that are, to her, unexpected. Great selection John McCain.

Comment by Stephen — September 5, 2008 @ 2:30 pm - September 5, 2008

6. Chris, don’t worry about the media coming after her. That’s like worrying about what is going to happen to a grizzly bear when a litter of puppies is about to attack it. It’s not a fair fight. Try to find the video of her speech and you’ll know what I mean. Besides, people are on to the media’s game. People will tend to discount the media’s attacks on her because the media lost its credibility on reporting her. Unless the media and/or the Dems find something juicy we don’t really know about, she’s bulletproof.

People are going to continue to underestimate Gov. Palin. Great! I’m glad they are. You’d think they might have learned their lesson Wednesday night, but her critics generally still seem to be in denial, thinking she’ll be powerless without a teleprompter. Then again, with a guy like Sen. Obama leading the charge on their side, I guess I can’t blame them for assuming that a new political star is going to have issues away from the teleprompter.

Comment by cme — September 5, 2008 @ 2:37 pm - September 5, 2008

7. I can’t wait until I introduce her to Washington.

And didn’t you love the evil grin he had on his face when he said that?

Comment by rightwingprof — September 5, 2008 @ 3:11 pm - September 5, 2008

8. #2 That’s positively disgusting, which is pretty much what I expect from the Part of Peace, Love, and Toleranceâ„¢ these days.

Comment by Vic — September 5, 2008 @ 3:28 pm - September 5, 2008

9. A server farm must be down, because I can’t get to my blog to post this. I have to share, though. McCain and Palin in Wisconsin today. Video below (it’s almost 17 minutes), with lots of red meat. Here’s the first rare moose ribeye:

Senator Obama said, quote, “succeeded beyond our wildest dreams. I think,” said Senator Obama, “that the surge has succeeded in ways that nobody anticipated.”

I guess when you turn out to be profoundly wrong on a vital national security issue, maybe it’s comforting to pretend that everbody else was wrong, too. But I remember it a little differently. It seems to me there was one leader in Washington who did predict success, who refused to call retreat, and risked his own career for the sake of the surge and victory in Iraq, and ladies and gentlemen, that man is standing right next to me, Senator John McCain.

Video at Hot Air:

Comment by rightwingprof — September 5, 2008 @ 3:52 pm - September 5, 2008

10. I’m hanging with my lezzie peeps this evening. Can’t wait to hear them b!tch about our next Vice President. (After all, I do live in Boston.)

The Cranky Old Guy/Palin 2008!

Comment by Julie the Jarhead — September 5, 2008 @ 4:02 pm - September 5, 2008

11. #10 – Julie, ask them how they feel about The Snob now that he pretty much lost the “hockey mom” vote and all the moderate Dem voters that Hillary attracted during the primaries. Also ask them why they think he will put women first in his administration when he couldn’t even put a woman on his ticket.

Then ask them why they feel compelled to vote Dem this year when The Snob’s and McCain’s views on gays is the exact same.

Odds are that they’ll go bananas.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — September 5, 2008 @ 5:07 pm - September 5, 2008

12. I agree with # 4. The regular press will be much less forgiving of Palin’s faults than they ware of Big O’s. Is it unfair. Yes! But it is the way it is. ABC is set to release a damaging piece on “trooper gate”. This is only the first of many shoes that will drop. Some will be down right stOOpid, but there will be some reports that deserve recognition. I just wish the MSM would do the same digging on their, to quote Jimmy Carter, “black boy”.

And NO, I’m not being racist, but simply repeating Ex Pres Carter.

Comment by sonicfrog — September 5, 2008 @ 7:17 pm - September 5, 2008

13. 10: No, I don’t think too many Boston liberals will bitching about Biden.

Comment by Kevin — September 5, 2008 @ 7:51 pm - September 5, 2008

14. Sarah is my new DIVA!!!

But you are right, Zero to Hero in no time flat!

Makes me think of a Disney tune:
    Zero to Hero (Just substitute Sarah’s Name where appropriate) :)

Comment by Colocelt — September 5, 2008 @ 8:05 pm - September 5, 2008

15. #2: V – I had to go to that site to see for myself. My god, how can anyone put such bile up and call themselves human? There must be a special hell for worthless human debris like that. There are few “people” on earth who really aren’t worth the oxygen it takes to keep their sorry butts alive… this must be one of them.

I’ve decided to make a donation to the McCain camp (and money is thin but this is worth it). Then I’m going to copy the receipt and send it to NBC, The Atlantic, and the NY Times to let them know that they motivated a heretofore tepid McCain voter to chip in.

I’m hoping that the donation will trigger one of those vaguely threatening letters that the Dems have been sending to Republican donors just so I can write “Go f*** yourselves” on it and send it back.

Comment by SoCalRobert — September 5, 2008 @ 8:39 pm - September 5, 2008

16. Palin’s church prays for you…to be straight. Gotta love it, right? LMAO.

Comment by jimmy — September 5, 2008 @ 8:40 pm - September 5, 2008

17. 15. Yeah, funny that, people who see your (and to some extent my) lifestyle as a sin pray for you to change.

Why, that’s a vile as wanting to hang you in public, or crush you under a wall.

Comment by The Livewire — September 5, 2008 @ 8:46 pm - September 5, 2008

18. And because I’m a cad and forgot…

Welcome back Michigan Matt.

Comment by The Livewire — September 5, 2008 @ 8:48 pm - September 5, 2008

19. Courtesy of HotAir: Kimberly Strassel on “How Palin Beat Alaska’s Establishment”:

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 5, 2008 @ 8:53 pm - September 5, 2008

20. P.S. Not to be a wet blanket, but I was the tiniest bit disappointed in Palin’s remarks in Wisconsin because she seemed to be recycling lines from her Wed. night speech. I know she can do a lot more than that. McCain’s people should let her loose!

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 5, 2008 @ 8:55 pm - September 5, 2008

21. Peter, you are sadly very mistaken. Anyone who cares about pro-choice issues or the rights of the LGBT citizens of this country cannot vote Republican – the party platform and the selection of Palin for VP slam the door tightly shut on that. Palin may be all the wonderful things y’all say but her positions are far right of moderate and there is no way to disguise that. Your candidates may indeed win this November but it will be more from the return of the evangelical vote than it will be from hockey moms and moderates.

And for those who throw around the juvenile snob and elitist labels – check out how much money the McCain and Bush wives spent on their clothes for their appearance the other night – more than most of us everyday Americans earn in 3 months at the very least.

BTW, I agree that the words and actions of some “liberal” towards Palin and her family are reprehensible.

Comment by Dave — September 5, 2008 @ 8:57 pm - September 5, 2008

22. Clothes don’t make you an elitist.

Thinking you’re better than everybody else, and that your class should be empowered to make everyone else’s life decisions for them is what makes you an elitist.

But I have yet to meet a leftist who actually gets that.

Comment by V the K — September 5, 2008 @ 9:01 pm - September 5, 2008

23. the only elitist in america are the god deluded ones.

Comment by michael — September 5, 2008 @ 9:57 pm - September 5, 2008

24. I love watching Palin’s videos.. she is such a natural expressive speaker..

Her story is so inspiring.

Comment by Vince P — September 5, 2008 @ 10:01 pm - September 5, 2008

25. #4 SGT Whitaker,

I agree. Palin is a very exciting and promising candidate, but we hardly know her yet. A little healthy skepticism is in order.

#10 Julie,

A liberal lesbian called in to a local radio show saying she was in love with Palin and would now be voting for McCain Palin.

#22 Michael,

Good point — although I think you made it unwittingly. While I dont think all of the elitists are deluded that God doesn’t exist, the vast majority of them seem to be. The worst of them definately are. And it sure is the “in” thing with them.

Comment by American Elephant — September 5, 2008 @ 10:14 pm - September 5, 2008

26. damn filter!

Comment by American Elephant — September 5, 2008 @ 10:15 pm - September 5, 2008

27. #20: Dave – a question. Who is better on GLBT issues?

Conservatives who may not accept your sexual orientation but, otherwise, will leave you alone?

Most European countries (and Canada) are run by progressives who embrace gay issues but also bring people up on charges for “offending Islam” (Mark Steyn; the cartoon jihad) and have leaders who seriously propose allowing Sharia courts to operate.

Comment by SoCalRobert — September 5, 2008 @ 10:31 pm - September 5, 2008

28. SoCal: You said it right…

“Or progressives who will embrace your orientation but won’t lift a finger to defend the culture that allows you to live as you are?”

It would never occur to me to drive up to living room . and it’s a little keepake there’s a time whre you had to come in :)

Comment by Vince P — September 5, 2008 @ 10:47 pm - September 5, 2008

29. oh God i started to doze off and was like sleep typing

can someone get rid of 26

Comment by Vince P — September 5, 2008 @ 10:47 pm - September 5, 2008

30. #15 funny, I pray all the time cute, straight, guys are gay.

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — September 5, 2008 @ 11:02 pm - September 5, 2008

31. No, I don’t think too many Boston liberals will bitching about Biden.

Probably so. They’ll be more interested in where he got his hair plugs. The rest of us will wonder who he lifted his speeches from.

How do you reckon? What’s more, anyone who cares about America, our national security, our jobd, out money, our retirement more than themselves CANNOT vote liberal douchebag.

Libs used to whine about jobs going overseas. Now? “Hey, let’s vote for the guy who wants to raise the second largest corporate tax rate in the world!!!”

But only if they’re caught, right? What’s more, if you’re sincere, how many people are aware of it? How many on the left would agree with you? Apparently, not much.

Remember when liberals pretended to care when Bush allegedly attacked McCain in SC? Think this is any worse? If Bush did that, I think it’s safe to say that Comrade Obama’s on top of this one.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — September 5, 2008 @ 11:14 pm - September 5, 2008

32. 19: ’cause in the end…she doesn’t have much to say, just like McCain. For almost the next 2 months, they are going to regurgitate these seem same rah-rah, feel good speeches. However, there will be no substance. They represent change? Change from what? they can’t even admit the GWB has been the worst president we’ve ever had and *that’s* the change they’re talking about. In the end, guess what: you cant’ preach change if you’re only offer the same thing the last guy offered.

Comment by Kevin — September 5, 2008 @ 11:18 pm - September 5, 2008

33. #25 “otherwise leave you alone”

You call these things leaving us alone: being on the forefront of the push to amend the US and state Constitutions to deny us the legal protections of marriage, in some states civil unions also and in states where civil unions or domestic partnership laws have been passed it happened with great outcry and expensive campaigns by those opposition, fighting to keep “sodomy” laws on the books and still advocating that they be reinstated, fighting to keep us from adopting children, fighting against any legal protections against discrimination that have gained in the areas of employment, housing and medical care, creating massive organizations that spend millions of dollars spreading misinformation, exaggerations and outright lies about us because we are “a threat to civilization”. I won’t even get into what happens in some churches or the plight of young people cast out from their families or forced into programs that will “cure” them.

Yeah, the progressives are extremely blind when it comes to Islam and they need to wise up before it’s too late but what you call “leaving us alone” I call attempts by the pseudo-christian right to control our lives and a threat that cannot be denied or ignored.

Comment by Dave — September 5, 2008 @ 11:20 pm - September 5, 2008

34. BTW, Obama’s known for going out and making a half-arsed speech or starting a new website when he thinks he’s been slighted. You’d think if he was really “new”, “different”, and all about “change”, he might make more than just a passing “oh, BTW” comment about the depths his supporters have sunk.

So much for “unity”, eh? Predictable, I suppose.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — September 5, 2008 @ 11:20 pm - September 5, 2008

35. In the end, guess what: you cant’ preach change if you’re only offer the same thing the last guy offered.

Pot, meet kettle.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — September 5, 2008 @ 11:21 pm - September 5, 2008

36. Bizarre, my comment gets lost in the ozone then when I resubmit it I’m told I already said it. Oh well I’m tired, I’ll try tomorrow. Just one thing:

TGC #29 “How do you reckon?” Read the Republican platform, case closed.

Comment by Dave — September 5, 2008 @ 11:25 pm - September 5, 2008

37. #30: Keep in mind everyone, Kevin is the same ignorant dope who had this to say this morning on a different thread:

“Terrorism has become a yawnfest to the American people: It got them through 2004, but people have caught on now. The mortgage crisis, the continuing loss of jobs, the continuing decline of America’s infrastructure, the decline of the economy and the weakening of the dollar, America’s loss of status as a leader for freedom and democracy, the marginalization of the everyday citizen of this country are issues that are on people’s mind. It’s very difficult for Republicans to stand up and say “believe us, we’re gonna change what we’ve been doing the last 8 years”.”

Did everyone see that? Terrorism is just a big “yawnfest” that people like Kevin are tired of. 7 and 1/2 years with no terrorist attack on US soil is all very, very boring to them. They want change. Enough of all this “security” stuff–it’s SO OVER. Kevin would rather talk about how screwed up America is and how exciting it would be to change all of it by raising taxes and treating Muslim psychotics that hang gays from the gallows in broad daylight like our BFFs. Then France might like us again. Wouldn’t that be more interesting?

Basically, Kevin is like, ohmygod, soooooo bored, y’all!

Comment by Sean A — September 5, 2008 @ 11:47 pm - September 5, 2008

38. My cable company decided to give me C-span for some reason. I’m watching a McCain-Palin event in Michigan earlier today. McCain is smokin’ hot, talking about energy, how it will help meet people’s needs and create jobs. He seems really fired up. It’s impressive. With Palin at his side, I’m just a little bit more ready to believe him.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 6, 2008 @ 12:15 am - September 6, 2008

39. I really, really want to vote for John McCain….

His speech reminded me why I have always liked and admired him. With Jon McCain I don’t even really seem to care about his current positions on gay an lesbian Americans. I think he is approachable and reasonable. I think…

Trackback by Gryphmon's Grumbles — September 6, 2008 @ 12:18 am - September 6, 2008

40. I don’t know about you guys/gals feel, but if I hear one more Democrat bitch about how every Republican that comes down the pike is going to overturn Roe vs. Wade, I’m going to puke.

Observe:

When Reagan was running for President, the Libs said he’d overturn Roe v. Wade.
    When Reagan nominated Sandra Day O’Connor to the US Supreme Court, the Libs said she’d overturn Roe v. Wade.
    When Bush 41 nominated David Souter & Clarence Thomas, the Libs said they’d overturn Roe v. Wade.
    When George W. ran for President and then nominated Samuel Alito, the Libs said that…well, you get the picture.

Wanna take a guess on what the Left is saying McCain and Palin are going to do?

Comment by Right Turn — September 6, 2008 @ 1:44 am - September 6, 2008

41. One major difference between a conservative and a liberal is that a conservative acknowledges time-tested methods and value systems, while liberals take their same, tired and failed ideas and somehow manage to convince themselves that they are in fact new and innovative ideas.

Seriously, exactly how new is distribution of wealth, nationalized health care, cradle to crave social programs, stronger government intervention in the private business sector? Plato; Robin Hood; Marx. Now that’s some new blood!

Comment by Right Turn — September 6, 2008 @ 1:53 am - September 6, 2008

42. #40:”…liberals take their same, tired and failed ideas and somehow manage to convince themselves that they are in fact new and innovative ideas.”

Absolutely true. And actually, there’s a name for doing the same thing over and over again, each time expecting a different result: INSANITY.

Comment by Sean A — September 6, 2008 @ 5:38 am - September 6, 2008

43. As Michael Savage (who i can only tolerate in small doses) says “Liberalism is a mental disorder”

Comment by Vince P — September 6, 2008 @ 6:15 am - September 6, 2008

44. mccain sounds more like a liberal everyday.

Comment by michael — September 6, 2008 @ 6:20 am - September 6, 2008

45. Terrorism is just a big “yawnfest” that people like Kevin are tired of.

A glimpse of Obama’s America.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — September 6, 2008 @ 6:31 am - September 6, 2008

46. It’s incredibly odd to me that there are gay people who rally behind people who want nothing to do with them. Vince even quoted Micheal Savage and said “I can only tolerate him in small doses”

Small Doses????

Dude – Micheal Savage f*ckin HATES you and wouldn’t care if you were dead.

As to Sarah Palin – yeah, she’s cute and perky and kinda looks like Karen Walker – and she happens to have zero value for the love any of you share with your partners and supported a bill denying you basic rights, but was FORCED to vetoe it becuase it was unconstitutional.

This blog should be titled “Self Loathing Doormats”

*sigh*

Comment by eshine — September 6, 2008 @ 6:46 am - September 6, 2008

47. #25″ definitely not unwittingly.

Comment by michael — September 6, 2008 @ 7:09 am - September 6, 2008

48. Well apparently Gov Palin has a time machine. It’s listed on the official Obama website that she wanted to ban Harry Potter in 1996. Impressive.

And Obama has trotted out the ‘they’re going to tar me as a black man’ mem again.

Weird world when I’ve more respect for Sen. Clinton than another Democrat.

Comment by The Livewire — September 6, 2008 @ 7:14 am - September 6, 2008

49. #43: The way I see it, I’ll tolerate McCain being a little liberal if that widens the pool of people willing to vote for him.

I’m not a huge fan of McCain’s , but Obama must not win.

Comment by Vince P — September 6, 2008 @ 7:25 am - September 6, 2008

50. Right Turn, whenever I hear Obama or Nancy Pelosi talk about his tax policy, I hear echoes of the phrase “From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs….”

Comment by V the K — September 6, 2008 @ 9:04 am - September 6, 2008

51. They represent change? Change from what? they can’t even admit the GWB has been the worst president we’ve ever had and *that’s* the change they’re talking about.

Hey Kevin, I tell you what – if the Obama / Biden team admit Carter was the worst President in history before the McCain / Palin team say the same about GWB, I’ll buy you a burger.

Comment by sonicfrog — September 6, 2008 @ 10:11 am - September 6, 2008

52. #50: “if the Obama / Biden team admit Carter was the worst President in history before the McCain / Palin team say the same about GWB, I’ll buy you a burger.”

Careful, sonicfrog. Considering his more recent acts of treason against this country, “worst President in history” would be a promotion for Carter.

Comment by Sean A — September 6, 2008 @ 11:58 am - September 6, 2008

53. “Dude – Micheal Savage f*ckin HATES you ”

No he doesn’t. He hates you and your fucking sticking your nose into other people’s business.

Telling them what they can think, what they can read, what they can listen to.

Just because I’m gay you think you can dictate my life to me?

Would you tell a straight person waht to do listen to?

i doubt it.

I fucking can’t stand people like YOU.

Comment by Vince P — September 6, 2008 @ 12:11 pm - September 6, 2008

54. Vince P, you cannot with any honesty or integrity say that Michael Savage does not hate LGBT people. I don’t care how much you agree with his other vomit but if you deny this then you certainly are totally a self-loathing doormat.

Sean P, every issue that Kevin mentioned, and that you blew off as him complaining about how screwed up America is, is the reality that confronts most of use every single day. Perhaps you are lucky enough to not have to deal with this, or you’re just too callous to care about the citizens of this country or you’re just too damn stupid to notice but that changes nothing. People want to know what a candidate is going to do about ALL the issues, not just the one that your party exploits each election year.

Comment by Dave — September 6, 2008 @ 1:01 pm - September 6, 2008

55. Dave , he can’t stand LEFTIST gays..

Why do you Lefties think everyone is as feeble minded as you are?

You probably haven’t even listned to him for an hour… so i really doubt you know his full view on the subject

And yet.. you presume to tell me what the man is all about.

And another thing… who cares what I think about him. Why are you people so insistant upon everyone thinking the same thing about someone?

What do you care if I thnk he hates gay people are not? Are you boss of my opiniosn and values?

**** off.

I’m in a real sour mood with you out of control hateful Leftists.. after the insane coordinted-with-the-press smear job against Palin. Talk about hate! The Left lives in hate.. bathes in hate… consumed by hate.

Only hate could keep people so obssessed with destroying decent women.

Comment by Vince P — September 6, 2008 @ 1:19 pm - September 6, 2008

56. It’s incredibly odd to me that there are gay people who rally behind people who want nothing to do with them. Vince even quoted Micheal Savage and said “I can only tolerate him in small doses”

Small Doses????

Yes, it’s called “Homeopathic Politics”!!! :-)

Comment by sonicfrog — September 6, 2008 @ 2:07 pm - September 6, 2008

57. Yes, it’s called “Homeopathic Politics”!!! :-)

Comment by sonicfrog — September 6, 2008 @ 2:07 pm - September 6, 2008

58. Talk about hate! The Left lives in hate.. bathes in hate… consumed by hate.

You got that right.

Comment by V the K — September 6, 2008 @ 2:10 pm - September 6, 2008

59. #53: Oh really, Dave? Those are the REAL ISSUES that confront “most of us every day” huh? So let’s see:

The mortgage crisis. I don’t know about you Dave, but I didn’t take out a home loan I couldn’t afford. But apparently my tax dollars are going to be used to fix that problem and that’s the plan from both Republicans and Democrats, so I really don’t see how either party has anything to offer anyone on that issue. Well, except those crybabies who wanted to live large and now want a handout to make it all better.

The continuing loss of jobs. Hmmm. So, if I don’t have a job, raising corporate taxes (which is Obama’s plan) is going to encourage companies to go on hiring sprees? Excellent plan.

The continuing decline of America’s infrastructure. Dave, please, tell us all how this affects “most of us every single day.” I know I lie awake at night, desperately concerned about America’s infrastructure. I often wake up in a cold sweat, screaming, “What about America’s infrastructure!!!!” So, what is Obama’s plan to save America’s infrastructure? Do you know? I don’t? Although I’m sure that spending money on fighting our enemies had something to do with it. If only we would stop killing people who are trying to destroy the West–then we would have the money to properly support America’s infrastructure. We could build hospitals and schools with all that money wasted on this useless, fabricated “War On Terror.” (We might even have enough money left over to paint bulls’ eyes on top of them too!)

The decline of the economy and the weakening of the dollar. Again, explain to me how Obama expects to solve this problem? Oh yeah, that’s right. He’s going to tax us into reckless, abundant prosperity! I can hardly wait. (cont.)

Comment by Sean A — September 6, 2008 @ 2:32 pm - September 6, 2008

60. (cont.) America’s loss of status as a leader for freedom and democracy. Yes, Dave. Like you, I spend the better part of my day deeply concerned over whether French people like America. They told us not to go into Iraq but we did it anyway, and well, what now?! How on Earth do we win back their affection (as if we ever had it)? Of course, we’ve since learned that they were against the War because many of their corporations had sweetheart deals buying black market oil from Hussein. But I’m less concerned with that “every day” than I am with whether French people think America is really, really cool. Given a choice between defending our nation from its enemies or being sneered at by the French, well–I’d risk an Al-Qaeda attack long before I’d risk the disdain of European people with groovy accents.

The marginalization of the everyday citizen of this country. You mean like how Palin and her family are being treated by Obama and the Left? Yes, I agree, that is a problem. I hope Obama has a plan to deal with the relentless sexism, elitism, rumor-mongering and lies of….well, his own party.

And as for wanting to know what a candidate is going to do about ALL of the issues, not just the one the Republicans “exploit” every election year, we already have the answer to what Obama is going to do about Islamic Jihadists–NOTHING. Afterall, as Kevin said, it’s a real YAWNFEST. It’s just SOUNDS and FEELS better to talk about the REAL ISSUES–like American Infrastructure, for example.

The problem with ignorant f-wads like you and Kevin is that you’re too f-ing stupid to realize that it’s BECAUSE of how Bush responded to that 9/11 “YAWNFEST” that you dip-sh*ts have the luxury to complain about things like “infrastructure” and “marginalization.” You speak about the terrorist threat like Bush just made it up and decided it would be the centerpiece of his administration–an issue that Republicans have “exploited” to the point where is has become a “yawnfest” for you pathetic, little sleepy-heads. But that “issue” hit this country and Bush’s administration hard on 9/11 and it is not a coincidence that there has not been a terrorist attack on US soil in the 7 and 1/2 years since. You and Kevin should be kissing Bush’s feet right now because without his response to 9/11, you two Kos Kids wouldn’t get to spend the day bitching about gay rights, or the environment or those evil, homicidal Christians you hate so much.

So when someone like Kevin treats the security of this nation like some Republican Party strategy that was spontaneously cooked-up to get votes, instead of THE ISSUE THAT AFFECTS ALL OTHER ISSUES, he needs to be informed that he’s a dim-witted homo. Accordingly, when people like you refer to Republicans “exploiting” the issue of terrorism as though it’s nothing more than anti-Muslim fear-mongering, instead of the most important issues we face, you also need to be told that you are a dim-witted homo.

Dave, you’re a dim-witted homo.

Comment by Sean A — September 6, 2008 @ 2:32 pm - September 6, 2008

61. There are some sick people.

But you wont see anyone on the left condemming that

Comment by Vince P — September 6, 2008 @ 2:33 pm - September 6, 2008

62. (cont.) America’s loss of status as a leader for freedom and democracy. Yes, Dave. Like you, I spend the better part of my day deeply concerned over whether French people like America. They told us not to go into Iraq but we did it anyway, and well, what now?! How on Earth do we win back their affection (as if we ever had it)? Of course, we’ve since learned that they were against the War because many of their corporations had sweetheart deals buying black market oil from Hussein. But I’m less concerned with that “every day” than I am with whether French people think America is really, really cool. Given a choice between defending our nation from its enemies or being sneered at by the French, well–I’d risk an Al-Qaeda attack long before I’d risk the disdain of European people with groovy accents.

So when someone like Kevin treats the security of this nation like some Republican Party strategy that was spontaneously cooked-up to get votes, instead of THE ISSUE THAT AFFECTS ALL OTHER ISSUES, he needs to be informed that he’s a dim-witted homo. Accordingly, when people like you refer to Republicans “exploiting” the issue of terrorism as though it’s nothing more than anti-Muslim fear-mongering, instead of one of the most important issues we face, you also need to be told that you are a dim-witted homo.

Dave, you’re a dim-witted homo.

Comment by Sean A — September 6, 2008 @ 2:35 pm - September 6, 2008

63. (cont.) America’s loss of status as a leader for freedom and democracy. Yes, Dave. Like you, I spend the better part of my day deeply concerned over whether French people like America. They told us not to go into Iraq but we did it anyway, and well, what now?! How on Earth do we win back their affection (as if we ever had it)? Of course, we’ve since learned that they were against the War because many of their corporations had sweetheart deals buying black market oil from Hussein. But I’m less concerned with that “every day” than I am with whether French people think America is really, really cool. Given a choice between defending our nation from its enemies or being sneered at by the French, well–I’d risk an Al-Qaeda attack long before I’d risk the disdain of European people with groovy accents.

Comment by Sean A — September 6, 2008 @ 2:35 pm - September 6, 2008

64. (cont.) The problem with ignorant fools like you and Kevin is that you’re too stupid to realize that it’s BECAUSE of how Bush responded to that 9/11 “YAWNFEST” that you nit-wits have the luxury to complain about things like “infrastructure” and “marginalization.” You speak about the terrorist threat like Bush just made it up and decided it would be the centerpiece of his administration–an issue that Republicans have “exploited” to the point where is has become a “yawnfest” for you pathetic, little sleepy-heads. But that “issue” hit this country and Bush’s administration hard on 9/11 and it is not a coincidence that there has not been a terrorist attack on US soil in the 7 and 1/2 years since. You and Kevin should be kissing Bush’s feet right now because without his response to 9/11, you two Kos Kids wouldn’t get to spend the day screeching about gay rights, or the environment or those evil, homicidal Christians you hate so much.

Dave, you’re a dim-witted homo.

Comment by Sean A — September 6, 2008 @ 2:36 pm - September 6, 2008

65. (cont.) The problem with ignorant fools like you and Kevin is that you’re too stupid to realize that it’s BECAUSE of how Bush responded to that 9/11 “YAWNFEST” that you nit-wits have the luxury to complain about things like “infrastructure” and “marginalization.” You speak about the terrorist threat like Bush just made it up and decided it would be the centerpiece of his administration–an issue that Republicans have “exploited” to the point where is has become a “yawnfest” for you pathetic, little sleepy-heads. But that “issue” hit this country and Bush’s administration hard on 9/11 and it is not a coincidence that there has not been a terrorist attack on US soil in the 7 and 1/2 years since. You and Kevin should be kissing Bush’s feet right now because without his response to 9/11, you two Kos Kids wouldn’t get to spend the day screeching about gay rights, or the environment or those evil, homicidal Christians you hate so much.

Comment by Sean A — September 6, 2008 @ 2:36 pm - September 6, 2008

66. (cont.) The problem with ignorant homos like you and Kevin is that you’re too stupid to realize that it’s BECAUSE of how Bush responded to that 9/11 “YAWNFEST” that you have the luxury to complain about things like “infrastructure” and “marginalization.” You speak about the terrorist threat like Bush just made it up and decided it would be the centerpiece of his administration–an issue that Republicans have “exploited” to the point where is has become a “yawnfest” for you little sleepy-heads. But that “issue” hit this country and Bush’s administration hard on 9/11 and it is not a coincidence that there has not been a terrorist attack on US soil in the 7 and 1/2 years since. You and Kevin should be kissing Bush’s feet right now because without his response to 9/11, you two Kos Kids wouldn’t get to spend the day screeching about gay rights, or the environment or those evil, homicidal Christians you hate so much.

So when someone like Kevin treats the security of this nation like some Republican Party strategy that was spontaneously cooked-up to get votes, instead of THE ISSUE THAT AFFECTS ALL OTHER ISSUES, he needs to be informed that he’s an ignorant homo. Accordingly, when people like you refer to Republicans “exploiting” the issue of terrorism as though it’s nothing more than anti-Muslim fear-mongering, instead of one of the most important issues we face, you also need to be told that you are an ignorant homo.

Dave, you’re an ignorant homo.

Comment by Sean A — September 6, 2008 @ 2:39 pm - September 6, 2008

67. then you certainly are totally a self-loathing doormat.

If Vince is a doormat, that would make gay liblerals boot scrapers with BS smeard all over them. C’mon, nobody loves being stepped on more than gay liberals. The worst part is that you get stepped on and then beg for more of the same.

You seem to relish getting fucked over and will gladly pay money for it. Worse, you hate and are hostile towards anybody who doesn’t.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — September 6, 2008 @ 2:51 pm - September 6, 2008

68. Hey Dave and Kevin, why is it that the places in America with the worst schools, the most decayed infrastructure, the worst crime, and the worst poverty are the urban areas that have been run for generations by progressive Democrats; places like Buffalo, Rochester NY, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Newark, Camden NJ, East St. Louis, and of course, Detroit?

Consider Detroit, which has not had a Republican mayor since the 1960s. If Democrats are so great, why is Detroit such a hellhole? Perhaps, one should ask Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, praised by Obama as an “outstanding” mayor. And if you really want to ask Kwame, visiting hours at the Wayne County Jail are Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I note that the southside of Chicago, beneficiary of so much of the Obamassiah’s community organizing and representation in the state legislature… hasn’t exactly become a model urban community. In fact, more Americans were murdered in Chicago this summer than died in Iraq.

Comment by V the K — September 6, 2008 @ 3:04 pm - September 6, 2008

69. By the way, Dave, if these issues are such a concern to you on a daily basis then it shouldn’t be too difficult for you to briefly explain for us how Obama plans to “fix” all of it. So, let’s have it. What’s he planning to do? First he was against drilling, but now he’s for it. First, he was going to meet with Ahmadinejad without pre-conditions, but now he will send an envoy or something. First, he was going to raise capital gains taxes, but Charlie Gibson informed him that it will result in less revenues for the government, so is that still on the table? Is he for victory in Iraq (which is currently within arm’s reach), or is he going to bail out immediately? What about unemployment? We know he plans to raise corporate taxes–is that still the plan, and is so, do you support that? What about gay rights? He’s on the record against gay marriage, but you guys seem over the moon for the guy–WHY? What about immigration? Open borders? Amnesty? Do you have any idea what he’s going to do? Can you please share his plans with the rest of us? I know that if Obama is elected, he’s planning a fantastic inauguration speech–but after that it gets a little hazy. I suspect you have NO IDEA what he’s planning to do, just like every other Obama supporter.

Comment by Sean A — September 6, 2008 @ 3:57 pm - September 6, 2008

70. And one more thing…where does Obama stand on earmarks? I understand he’s come out swinging against McCain and Palin on the earmarks issue:

The only problem is that he’s REQUESTED $740 million in earmarks himself. Any comments on this issue? Or is it that your candidate can say or do whatever he wants without fear of criticism or hypocrisy, Dave? Tell me again, why on Earth would you vote for such a shameless loser?

Comment by Sean A — September 6, 2008 @ 4:07 pm - September 6, 2008

71. not to worry dave. this election is over.

Comment by michael — September 6, 2008 @ 8:25 pm - September 6, 2008

72. It sure is.

Comment by Sean A — September 6, 2008 @ 10:48 pm - September 6, 2008

73. #66 Sean there were many points of interest in BHO’s speech the other night, but my sister and I laughed out loud when he said he was going to interview and hire teachers who were qualified and cared about teaching. ( I Love the visual of the President interviewing lines of teachers in the Oval Office) Plus he was going to cure diseases. With the 3rd of 4 Hurricanes coming towards the Gulf, for the life of me I don’t know why he isn’t on the coast holding up both hands protecting us from the distruction. Guess he feels the south is on it’s own.

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — September 6, 2008 @ 11:21 pm - September 6, 2008

74. #65 V the K I grew up in metro Detroit…you’ve no idea the billions of dollars of good hard earned tax money poured into those hellholes you described. Bottomless pits.

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — September 6, 2008 @ 11:25 pm - September 6, 2008

75. The Founding Fathers set up the country knowing that Big Government oppresses the people. They wanted limited government. In the Federalist Papers there are many descriptions of the first priority of the government to protect it’s citizens from attack from abroad and to keep them safe in their homes. Everthing else is secondary. If asked, leftists say governments first act is to protect their rights. No one has rights if you are under seige from a foreign power, terrorists. Or scared silly by outlaws. I’ve said here before that most liberals and Democrats are under educated. It’s not their fault. They don’t know what they don’t know. Gay rights, heathcare for all, streets plowed of snow, national flood insurance, free school lunches. None o fit matters much if you are hiding under you bed, or your family is being kidnapped by islamo fascists. It is conservative Presidents that have their priorities straight. One of Bill Clintons’ 4 major accomplishments in 8 years was the family leave act. While the first Trade Towers attack happended and the Cole was bombed. Like the man said in a Few Good Men

Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — September 6, 2008 @ 11:42 pm - September 6, 2008

76. Sarah Palin is very dangerous to Democrats because she is a movement conservative. A Reagan a Goldwater. Add some personality and they are terrified. They must destroy her. The media is trying to help.

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — September 6, 2008 @ 11:51 pm - September 6, 2008

77. Vince P, you cannot with any honesty or integrity

I think it would be fair to say that Vince has more honesty and integrity in a pubic hair than a sonofabitch like you.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — September 7, 2008 @ 12:40 am - September 7, 2008

78. And I dont trim my pubes either. So i have lots of truth.

Comment by Vince P — September 7, 2008 @ 1:08 am - September 7, 2008

79. I grew up in metro Detroit…you’ve no idea the billions of dollars of good hard earned tax money poured into those hellholes you described. Bottomless pits.

Actually, I do. I grew up in a town between Lansing and Grand Rapids, and I went to college in Ann Arbor. The rest of Michigan would like nothing better than to build an Israeli-style security wall around Detroit and leave them to wallow in their own self-created misery.

Comment by V the K — September 7, 2008 @ 6:46 am - September 7, 2008

80. thought i smelt an ionia river rat.

Comment by michael — September 7, 2008 @ 7:00 am - September 7, 2008

81. 79. then bathe more often.

I am still waiting for Sen. Obama’s plans to be made known. Is he going to ask that all sides get along like his plan for Georgia/Russia? Or is he going to argue that the attacker needs to stop attacking, well, like his second plan for Georgia/Russia?

Is he going to raise corporate taxes, despite being told to his face that they crush the economy?

Is he going to go after Insurance companies who manage medicare? Despite the fact that we do it faster, cheeper, better?

Is he going to reduce the military to Dhimmy Carter levels? To when the troops have to run drills dropping from a copter, they instead have to jump from the back of a truck, point their guns and say bang? (true story)

Is he going to appoint more judges who look to international law? Are you going to be happy if said judges turn to Muslim texts for their interpretations?

Is he going to push his agenda of allowing the recently born to be killed?

And Gentlemen, please lay off the obscenities. I know our resident trolls get the BP up, but no reason to swear.

Comment by The Livewire — September 7, 2008 @ 10:00 am - September 7, 2008

82. Sorry if this has been shared here already – A UK Guardian columnist ‘gets it’, almost, about Palin and what the libs are doing to their own reputations right now, with their gross hatred of her:

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 7, 2008 @ 12:21 pm - September 7, 2008

83. Truly funny, y’all screech about how the left is filled with hate and then you spew venom at anyone who disagrees with you, hypocrisy is your strongpoint.

To those who say the election is over. Could be, but the asinine and ignorant idea that women are going to flock over and vote Republican just because Palin is the VP candidate. You can get much more stupid. She represents everything that is offensive about the psuedoconservative movement. ALL her positions are based on far right evangelical teaching. Which is certainly her right and that right should NEVER be taken away. But that simple fact makes her totally opposite of those who were Hillary supporters AND it is ignorant to think that they will voter for her because they have the same genitals. But coming from people who think that blacks will vote for Obama because he has the same skin color it’s not a surprising attitude.

As far as leftist hate, sadly they are just following the pattern that you folks set decades ago.

Vince, that fact that you don’t trim your pubes is a point in your favor. TGC, you are the poster child for right wing hate speech. And, to those who continue to tell me what I think and believe and support, well I’ll honor Livewire’s request but there is no response for you that isn’t obscene.

Comment by Dave — September 7, 2008 @ 9:20 pm - September 7, 2008

84. “Vince, that fact that you don’t trim your pubes is a point in your favor”

Thanks! That’s how i like them.

Comment by Vince P — September 7, 2008 @ 10:06 pm - September 7, 2008

85. #76 – TMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — September 7, 2008 @ 11:35 pm - September 7, 2008

86. But that simple fact makes her totally opposite of those who were Hillary supporters AND it is ignorant to think that they will voter for her because they have the same genitals.

Because, in the Democrat universe, all women think like Hillary because THEY have the same genitals as she does.

Not all women are hatemongering sociopaths who think it’s normal to murder the baby you’re carrying because it’s socially inconvenient for you, Dave.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — September 8, 2008 @ 12:14 am - September 8, 2008

87. NDT, If you had the tiniest semblance of a brain you would be able to follow from the post where someone claimed that soccer moms and moderates would now flock to Palin (who you sickos worship far more than anyone ever did Obama). My point is that those who were most supportive of Hillary would have been those who also supported her pro-choice position and are not going to change now to one who is completely opposed to it. Gender isn’t the issue, positions are. I wouldn’t expect you to understand reality so you just sit in your little puddle of ignorant piss and be happy.

Comment by Dave — September 8, 2008 @ 11:05 am - September 8, 2008

88. let the gibberish begin: Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, speaking in Colorado Springs, Colo., said Fannie and Freddie had “gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers.”

Comment by michael — September 8, 2008 @ 5:15 pm - September 8, 2008

89. My point is that those who were most supportive of Hillary would have been those who also supported her pro-choice position and are not going to change now to one who is completely opposed to it.

No, Dave, your point was that all soccer moms and moderates support Hillary’s extreme pro-abortion positions.

Here’s a hint; most women who have carried a child, which would include soccer moms, do not, as do Democrat Party members, view it as a “parasite” or “excess tissue” or try to deny its humanity. Only sociopathic women like Hillary, Nancy Pelosi, and Barbara Boxer can look at their own children and in the next breath declare how good and wonderful and necessary the “right” to kill them is.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — September 9, 2008 @ 12:51 am - September 9, 2008

90. Golly NDT, you must be right. I guess when my fingers are typing they are saying what I think I mean but you are the only ones blessed with the ability to look into my head and tell me what I actually mean. Amazing. Well if you’re so good, tell me what I’m thinking right now.

Comment by Dave — September 9, 2008 @ 7:48 pm - September 9, 2008