75% of Alaska Democrats Approve Palin’s Job Performance

Posted by GayPatriotWest at 5:18 pm - September 14, 2008.
Filed under: 2008 Presidential Politics,Strong Women

Welcome Instapundit Readers!!

When I read this New York Times hit piece on Sarah Palin (masterfully dissected by Jennifer Rubin), I wondered how in a state where the Governor is so popular, they could only find those critical of her Administration to talk about her job performance.

I mean, did she have approval numbers as low as those of the Pelosi-Reid Congress?

But, when I chanced upon her actual job approval numbers, they seemed the reverse of the unpopular Congress.  86% approve of her, including 75% of Alaska Democrats.  Let me repeat, 75% of the opposition party in her home state think she’s doing a swell job.  I guess the Times wants us to hear the minority viewpoint.

1. Citizens Against Government Waste (CAGW) says: Palin told the truth, she did kill the bridge to nowhere. So, STFU.

Comment by V the K — September 14, 2008 @ 8:52 pm - September 14, 2008

2. The people who oppose her are apparently the corrupt or calcified officials she kicked out of office, and their immediate families.

Comment by The Monster — September 14, 2008 @ 11:27 pm - September 14, 2008

3. I LOVE watching the Dems/progressives/liberals screeching (and retchig). A new delight in elections.

Comment by GM Roper — September 14, 2008 @ 11:50 pm - September 14, 2008

4. [...] 75% of Alaska Democrats Approve Palin’s Job Performance. Gosh, if you read the New York Times reporting on Palin, that’s hard to [...]

Pingback by ZEITGEIST — September 15, 2008 @ 12:00 am - September 15, 2008

5. I don’t like using facts I haven’t gotten from the original source when arguing my coworkers. The 75% of Alaska Democrats number was given by American Viewpoint – a Republican polling firm. This makes me uncomfortable. I wasn’t able to find any other source confirming this number. Does any one know if any other polling service has run a similar survey and what the results were?

Comment by dmitry — September 15, 2008 @ 12:18 am - September 15, 2008

6. Last week I was listening either to Rush or Mark Levin, and a caller from Alaska stated that the place was pretty inundated with media, talking only to Alaskans who dislike Palin and not interested in interviewing anyone who liked her. I knew then to discount anything coming out of Alaska in the MSM – just as I do with the MSM anyplace else…

As far as her enemies go, she should be proud of them. My bet is politicians who try to work for the people make more enemies by far than those who work for themselves and their cronies. There are precious few servant’s hearts in our political class!

Comment by Peg C. — September 15, 2008 @ 3:02 am - September 15, 2008

7. dmitry, every survey has put Palin’s overall approval rating at 80% or moe; some as high as 86%. 75% from Alaska Democrats is consistent with that. Indeed, it would be mathematically impossible for her to get 80-86% from Alaskans in general if she weren’t getting 70-75% from Alaska’s Democrats.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 15, 2008 @ 4:00 am - September 15, 2008

8. Sen. Mike Gravel Praises Sarah Palin, Pacifica Hosts Shocked!…

Former Alaska Senator Mike Gravel appeared in an interview with the staunchly pro-Obama Pacifica radio. They expected Gravel to bash Sarah Palin, and tell them what the Republicans “haven’t told us about Sarah Palin.” Sounds pretty om…

Trackback by View From The Ridge — September 15, 2008 @ 6:54 am - September 15, 2008

9. BTW, it seems the Dean of the Woodrow Wilson School of Government at Princeton gave the same answer as Sarah Palin when asked about the Bush Doctrine:

Anne-Marie Slaughter is the dean of the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton. She was interviewed by Alan Johnson, for a book titled: “Global Politics After 9/11: The Democratiya Interviews.”

Here’s how the exchange begins:

Johnson: What are the central differences, and what are the elements of continuity, if any exist, between ‘the Bush doctrine’ and the ‘grand strategy of forging a world of liberty under law’?

Slaughter: Tell me what you mean by ‘The Bush Doctrine’.

Will lefties now claim the Dean of the Woodrow Wilson School of Government at Princeton University is an ignoramus who doesn’t know what the ‘Bush Doctrine’ is?

Comment by V the K — September 15, 2008 @ 7:12 am - September 15, 2008

10. [...] From GayPatriot. [...]

Pingback by Tennesseefree.com » 75% of Alaskan Democrats approve of Governor Sarah Palin — September 15, 2008 @ 7:25 am - September 15, 2008

11. V the K,

Yes, they will.

Just as they insist that John McCain is an internet imbecile, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Liberals never let facts get in the way of their arguments.

Comment by Julie the Jarhead — September 15, 2008 @ 9:32 am - September 15, 2008

12. I was with some high school friends last night and heard them starting to rip on Sarah Palin. A few points on that:

(1) Why is it so hard to have a conversation with people without someone ripping on Bush or Cheney or Palin or some other Republican? I readily admit I’m a conservative hack and a partisan Republican, but when I’m with friends whose political beliefs may not match my own, I prefer to have a pleasant, non-political conversation. I realize it sort of goes both ways—I realize many liberals keep their opinions to themselves for the purpose of having a more pleasant discussion, and I realize some conservatives can’t resist the urge to rip on certain Democrats when political discussion might be unnecessarily divisive, but in my experience, it’s liberals, not conservatives, who always seem compelled to make a nice, apolitical conversation into something divisive.

(2) Although most everyone there seemed to disparage her, no one really gave a specific reason to disapprove of her.

Comment by cme — September 15, 2008 @ 10:09 am - September 15, 2008

13. I think you need to find a better group of friends, cme. ;-)

BTW, has anyone seen Liberal Gay Parody? His “McCain will dump Palin” prediction doesn’t seem to be working out so well.

Comment by V the K — September 15, 2008 @ 11:33 am - September 15, 2008

14. There was another gloating prediction some leftie made on GP during Dem convention week, just before the Palin announcement. Something like “Did you see Obama’s convention bounce? 8 points and it will only balloon from here. You’re toast.” I wish I could remember who! :-)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 15, 2008 @ 12:00 pm - September 15, 2008

15. 75% approval rating :-D Yay. Much higher than the House and Senate’s dismal ratings.

Comment by OutliciousTV — September 15, 2008 @ 12:13 pm - September 15, 2008

16. This is bull-shi*. A poll of 400 people in Alaska…….How many of the 400 were Repubs? Probably a lot. Alaska is very Republican. There is way too much bias in this type of poll. This is strictly political. To claim that 75% of registered democrats approve of Palin, is a stretch and wouldn’t pass some basic statistics.

Comment by flanders — September 15, 2008 @ 12:25 pm - September 15, 2008

17. 16. Neither does Obama, but you support him…

Comment by The Livewire — September 15, 2008 @ 12:56 pm - September 15, 2008

18. F— NANCY PELOSI

Comment by Vince P — September 15, 2008 @ 1:04 pm - September 15, 2008

19. It’s sort of pointless to argue much about exactly how popular Gov. Palin is in Alaska. What we do know is that she is wildly popular back home, and the MSM has no choice but to hide this fact lest the rest of America actually discover why she has been so popular as a governor. It’s much easier to nitpick things out of her past or insinuate cynicism on McCain’s part for picking her than to actually report on her accomplishments as governor.

Popularity isn’t everything, but it is always worth investigating why one politician is popular and one isn’t. We know why Pres. Bush isn’t popular—the War, economic woes (not that the MSM ever gave him create when things were better), and residual issues such as Harriet Miers and Katrina. Some of the reasons Pres. Bush isn’t popular are related to his own poor judgment, but sometimes it’s because he’s stood strong instead of doing what’s popular, e.g., not giving up in Iraq. Conversely, I’m sure it’s possible for a governor to be as popular as Sarah Palin while not making the right decisions. But if this is the case in Alaska, if the MSM were to do its job, they would explain why such is the case there. There’s such a huge disconnect between what the MSM reports and what the average Alaskan things of the governor.

Comment by cme — September 15, 2008 @ 3:53 pm - September 15, 2008

20. I can not believe there are people who support donate and encourage a political party who’s idelogical mission is to destroy the way of life of gay people.

Why not rename this blog Jews for Hitler?

Or how about Niggers for the KKK?

Comment by JewsForHitler — September 15, 2008 @ 5:46 pm - September 15, 2008

21. 19 I am stunned at the validity of your arguement.

I will go shave my head, wear sack cloth, join the KKK, and live off the dole.

Then I will finally be able to vote with my own kind… the democrats.

Comment by The Livewire — September 15, 2008 @ 6:57 pm - September 15, 2008

22. I see Joe Solmonese is posting here again.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — September 16, 2008 @ 12:39 am - September 16, 2008

23. …a political party who’s idelogical mission is to destroy the way of life of gay people.

Really? What party would that be? And, what aspects of the “gay way of life” would you be seriously concerned about losing?

(P.S. Notice how my response is to ASK YOU QUESTIONS so I can understand your strange point of view; rather than righteously-but-ignorantly throwing turds, as seems to be your stance here.)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 16, 2008 @ 11:24 am - September 16, 2008

24. Oh, oh, oh, I know…..instead of being supportive of taking children to sex fairs like the Democrat Party is, Republicans might actually argue that children should not be put in that environment. That’s homophobic and is destroying “the way of life of gay people”!

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — September 16, 2008 @ 1:51 pm - September 16, 2008

25. heh :-)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 16, 2008 @ 4:22 pm - September 16, 2008

26. #19: Hitler was a National SOCIALIST (i.e. leftist), and the KKK is a traditionally Democrat organization.

The real question is why any black or Jew, or for that matter anyone with basic human decency of any race or religion, would continue to support the left.

Comment by Attmay — September 17, 2008 @ 6:01 pm - September 17, 2008

27. Right, left, or center – the issue for me is the ability of the next president to appoint, possibly three Supreme Court Judges. Does any thinking gay want the stated position of Palin and implied position of McCain in charge of this process?

Comment by Cliff — September 20, 2008 @ 4:41 pm - September 20, 2008

28. I want more Scalias , Thomases and Alitos. They are the ones who will defend my liberty. Not these “living constitution” anything-goes justices.

Comment by Vince P — September 20, 2008 @ 8:03 pm - September 20, 2008