Virginia’s War Against Litter

Posted by Average Gay Joe at 4:36 pm - September 16, 2008.
Filed under: Humor

Now for something completely different: a moment of levity in this grueling campaign season…

Drivers beware: the Commonwealth is now enlisting “angry Rednecks” into its anti-litter brigades (or are they battalions, Senator Biden?) so throwing trash on the road may become an even greater risk to one’s health! Remember, these “bitter” folks “cling to guns or religion” so won’t have any problem taking care of scofflaws. In the name of Jesus of course.

Spotted this sign today on a country road whilst driving around. Pretty damn funny!

— John (Average Gay Joe)

1. Angry rednecks are the true environmentalists. And they’re good people. And the sign is frickin’ hilarious.

Comment by Yomi Mizuhara — September 16, 2008 @ 5:08 pm - September 16, 2008

2. how come i don’t get email from jesus???

Comment by michael — September 16, 2008 @ 9:09 pm - September 16, 2008

3. Although I am a very calm redneck, I also oppose litter.

Comment by TPG — September 16, 2008 @ 11:34 pm - September 16, 2008

4. # 2.
    michael, why don’t you just ask Him?

Comment by John Waggy — September 17, 2008 @ 1:48 am - September 17, 2008

5. #2: For the same reason none of your latino ex-boyfriends will speak to you. Because you emptied his bank account and gave him crabs.

Comment by Sean A — September 17, 2008 @ 2:15 am - September 17, 2008

6. I now have this as my wallpaper at work.

Comment by The Livewire — September 17, 2008 @ 9:50 am - September 17, 2008

7. Yomi: I can say from personal experience working with and being friends with such folks that they are no better and no worse than anyone else. Some fit the stereotype of being intolerant, ignorant and violent hicks while others are some of the best folks you could ever hope to meet.

Livewire: Glad you liked it, it cracked me up when I saw it. Any locals who saw me probably shook their heads at the crazy “city-boy” (ex-urbs, actually) turning around, stopping on the side of the road and snapping a photo while laughing at the amusing sign. Ah well. I aim to amuse as well as please at times. 😉

Comment by John — September 17, 2008 @ 1:52 pm - September 17, 2008

8. It’s all up to the people, John. Your point is valid and well taken. Good show, ol’ chap.

Comment by Yomi Mizuhara — September 17, 2008 @ 11:43 pm - September 17, 2008