Gays & Lesbians for Sarah Palin

Pajamas Media just posted my piece on how some gays are reacting to Sarah Palin. Please note, given how the gay media has reacted to her, I chose to focus on the support she enjoys in the gay community:

Republicans and even a good number of gay Democrats.
For a moment those who sat with me at the Pajamas TV booth last Thursday afternoon at the Republican convention must have thought I was crazy. Soon after reading an e-mail from a left-leaning lesbian friend with whom I almost always lock horns on matters politcal, I had to share the news–with anyone who would listen. This outspoken woman had informed me that for the first time in “30 years,” she’d be voting Republican in large measure because of her enthusiams for Sarah Palin.

She has a brother in Alaska where they’re impressed with their Republican Governor. “Love that woman,” my friend gushed.

My friend is not the only gay person enthusiastic about John McCain’s running mate. Nearly all my readers are excited about her nomination, some have even been pushing her as potential vice-presidential pick as since the summer of 2007.

You can read the rest here.

1. Dan, it seems appropriate that noting gay supporters of Sarah Palin, we shouldn’t forget the GOPers who have really carried the waterpail for equal treatment of gays… VP and Mrs Cheney.

Lynne Cheney was interviewed by Harry Smith yesterday and was asked, in light of George Takei’s marriage, if her daughter should have the same right.

Lynne answered that Mary should have the same freedoms and chance at happiness that is given to others… like Dick Cheney said back in 2000, “freedom means freedom for everyone” including gays to marry.

GOPers often forget the trailblazing position of the Cheneys… and gayDemocrats would like to keep it so.

Comment by Michigan-Matt — September 17, 2008 @ 4:53 pm - September 17, 2008

2. I was very excited to see McCain select Sarah and then Log Cabin endorse them. I have many friends out West and they say she is a superb governor and very gay positive. She has close gay friends just like the Cheney’s and believes in a live-and-let-live attitude. She may not agree with our lifestyle practices, but she has just as much right to her faith and values as we do.

In these troubled times what is really more important: that we force the public to endorse our lifestyle through artificial ‘marriages’ (last time I checked two men can’t reproduce) or that we are victorious against Al Quaida in Iraq and prevent another attack on the USA? Bush’s policies have prevented another tragedy since 9/11 and McCain/Palin have pledged to do the same. Barry is more concerned with appeasing Iran and pandering to homosexual extremists. The intelligent choice for President is clear.

Comment by Donnie — September 17, 2008 @ 5:29 pm - September 17, 2008

3. I was on gay.com the other day and noticed they had an article praising Matt Damon’s unhinged attacks on Palin. What I found encouraging was that beneath the article, there were many comments by readers about how much they liked Palin and how little patience they had for preachy celebrities like Damon. They didn’t constitute the majority of comments, but there were a significant minority of them nonetheless.

Comment by Kurt — September 17, 2008 @ 9:39 pm - September 17, 2008

4. Kurt, can you provide a link? Thanks!

Comment by GayPatriotWest — September 17, 2008 @ 9:46 pm - September 17, 2008

5. As the days go by, I think more and more of Sarah Palin… she’s a bit rough on interviews (naturally, given the overt hostility of her interrogators questioners) but she strikes me as a truly decent person – someone I’d like to have as a friend; someone I could trust. I don’t have any doubts that she’s more than smart enough (that’s a low bar given the number of true idiots in DC).

It’s an added bonus that her hubby is a hottie.

The fact that celebuturds like Damon don’t like her is a point in her favor. Add to the fact that the idiot-left (feloniously) hacked her email in addition to their (actionable, IMHO) slanders and smears seals the deal.

I will vote for McCain/Palin come hell, high water, or earthquakes. I wouldn’t vote for Barry if ACORN promised me a check.

Comment by SoCalRobert — September 17, 2008 @ 10:11 pm - September 17, 2008

6. I wouldn’t vote for Barry if ACORN promised me a check.

Or crack.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — September 18, 2008 @ 2:44 am - September 18, 2008

7. I tried looking for it again, and couldn’t locate it. If I can find it again, I will post it here.

Comment by Kurt — September 18, 2008 @ 3:13 am - September 18, 2008

8. Oh dear… In the coven of socialist Democrats that are my friends, Palin is the anti-Christ. But then, so am I (and a traitor) for being conservative and supporting the Republicans… I guess I need new friends!

Comment by The Other Peter H — September 18, 2008 @ 10:31 am - September 18, 2008

9. Is this the link?

Comment by Julie the Jarhead — September 18, 2008 @ 10:41 am - September 18, 2008

10. [...] Palin is no stranger to traditional marriage. While there are some hilariously deluded sodomist RINOs that will be voting for Palin on the basis of her mythical ‘pro-gay rights’ ideas, The [...]

Pingback by Heterosexuals Are Being Persecuted « Calvinists 4 Conservatism — September 18, 2008 @ 9:12 pm - September 18, 2008

11. Yep, that’s the one! Thanks, Julie!

Comment by Kurt — September 18, 2008 @ 9:48 pm - September 18, 2008