Behold! The Vanguard of the Class-Conscious Youth!

Have you ever noticed how some on the left rush to describe our support (no matter how tenuous) for George W. Bush as that of mind-numbed robots adoring a “Dear Leader” who can do no wrong? I mean, we can fault W, criticize his policies, but say, well, we generally like the guy or think he means well and they describe us as ideological zealots, apologists or hero-worshipers.

As one critic put it in taking issue with some of our commenters a year ago on this blog: “For six long years, conservatives have publicly labeled anyone who disagrees with “Dear Leader” as a traitor.

I wonder if he’ll take issue with the parents who rounded up their children to appear in this video:

As I tip my hat to Glenn Reynolds for providing the video above, I have seen several versions on the web, to which various friends, including a lesbian reader from Venice, the very burg where the video was shot, have alerted me. A bold and courageous dissident she!

Glenn links one blog which compares this video to that of other children singing the praise of their Dear Leader.

After watching the video, Roger Simon asks of the leftists producing this perverted propaganda:

And they complain about the religious right – can you imagine the reaction to a similar group of kids singing about McCain under the tutelage of an evangelical minister?

And they accuse us of adoring a Dear Leader.

UPDATE:  Of this video, Mo Rocca at AOL’s Political Machine writes:

… it is eerie. What on earth are children doing praying to a political candidate? I’m not sure what bothers me most: Is it their glassy-eyed stares? Is it their Children of the Corn-fed good looks? Their hypnotized vibrato-less tones?

1. I started to watch it but had to turn it off as there was nothing around for me to vomit into.

Comment by OutliciousTV — September 30, 2008 @ 7:51 pm - September 30, 2008

2. BTW (shameless self promotion alert), i posted a new video on my site making fun of Hillary’s reaction to Sarah Palin running for VP. ;-)

Comment by OutliciousTV — September 30, 2008 @ 7:52 pm - September 30, 2008

3. This video is twenty kinds of creepy.

Obama’s “cool” factor is rapidly evaporating; his idolators don’t seem to know that no one wears Obama after Labour Day.

Obama is turning out to be The Big Let-Down of ’08.

Obama kept insinuating that He is The Second Coming but every time we’ve held our breaths waiting for him to change water into wine, we’ve been disappointed. Obama kept telling us to ‘tune in next week!’ and he never delivers, the miracle never comes. There is nothing there.

Obama’s has a problem with clarity. I have systematically studied both his autobiographies and I still don’t know what kind of man I’m dealing with. When he was first showcased on TV, my interest was aroused. I used to find Obama enigmatic, but now he just comes off as vacuous, empty.
    Obama’s two books address the questions of “Journey of Discovery to Where?” and “Who Am I?” We can all relate to such pondering. But Obama does not give us an answer. If he has found the answer since publishing those two books two years ago then he hasn’t told us yet.
    McCain has been on a longer and harder personal journey. There can be nothing more extreme than surviving daily torture for five years. Can you imagine that? To be beaten day-in and day-out, starved, your hands and legs bound by chains? McCain already knows what he can take, and humbly knows where he breaks. Every man and woman has a breaking point. It is very human. McCain already knows his, even though he held out as long as he could.
    What trials or stories of human devastation has Obama endured? I can’t imagine being Black in America is an easy thing. But Obama was raised in Polynesia by white grandparents and then went on to Harvard, community service, the Senate, and now the presidency. Obama’s journey seems to have been very easy. His skin color opened all the right doors for him instead of slamming them shut. Obama didn’t march against segregation. Obama didn’t fight for affirmative action. He planted no tree. He carried no water for that tree. Obama has just come along and picked the fruits. That is easy street. This is not a great American story. This is not a triumph of will over adversity. This is a story of baby-boomer entitlement. This is the story of the yuppy next door. These stories are a dime a dozen on aisle 3 at Whole Foods.
    You may agree or disagree with McCain but at least you know where he stands. He has a long track record to judge him by. McCain has a long list of hits and misses. He has made mistakes (like us all) but that is because he had been trying to do things and change things all his life. Obama markets himself as the candidate with an unblemished record, but that is only because he doesn’t have a record. We have nothing to judge Obama by. All he gives us is his word and we are supposed to put all our trust in his future promises. But these promises keep changing: Obama has produced two contradictory promises on Iraq, two contradictory promises on NAFTA, and two contradictory promises on taxes. Are we supposed to judge him by the original promise he made, or by his most recent one? The candidate who flows with the changing winds of polls is the lightweight. That much we know.
    I feel very embarrassed for buying into the Obama phenomena. Maybe now that the weather is changing I see things in a new light. I feel sheepish for falling for the marketing pitch. Where do I go to get a refund?
    I think that many voters like me are looking for clarity in our next president. I feel I know what kind of man McCain is, and that I can trust him. McCain gets my vote.

Comment by mike — September 30, 2008 @ 8:38 pm - September 30, 2008

4. This is unbelievable. People have well and truly lost their minds…..Obamatron Youth, Obamatron flag, Obamatron song, Obamatron emblem, indoctrination ‘camps’ for ‘organizing’, lawsuits abound, massive media bias, voter fraud, willful killing of those ‘born alive’, tea with crazed world leaders in ‘small, harmless countries (Germany is small, NOT harmless…North Korea NOT harmless) ……and the creepy CULT factor keeps growing………people partied as Rome burned………people turned a blind eye while BODIES BURNED in Germany…………do we really not see this????? Are people that CRAZY, IGNORANT, BLIND, STUPID, BRAINWASHED, OBAMIZED….LOBOTOMIZED….????

Comment by Carrie — September 30, 2008 @ 8:43 pm - September 30, 2008

5. Germany ‘small’ during WWll is what I meant to say………size of country does not mean they are harmless….Obama is a kook and actually pretty frightening when you compile all the data, information, connect the dots………….the loss of freedoms is happening and a sign of the future…..but the pretty youth keep singing…

Remember that song in Cabaret? A beautiful blond boy with an outstanding voice is singing the wonderfully, pretty song and then by the end the crazed faces of the youth who stand up in support as his song turns nationalistic, his contenance turns hateful…..it is an amazing, scary, and symbolic moment in that movie…..must see it again……

Comment by Carrie — September 30, 2008 @ 8:46 pm - September 30, 2008

6. The “teacher” who did this with school kids should immediately be fired for using minors as a prop for her own self-interest.

I can’t help but think back to the most earliest political campaign I remember (1976, Ford vs Carter), and ruminate that I have NEVER seen such candidate worship in all my life. Not even Reagan’s adoration was as disgusting as this display.

Is this our future? God help us.

FWIW – for all those GayLeftLibs who accuse GOP’ers of rounding up all the “lavender lads and lasses” and herding us all into concentration camps, think on this:

The GOP hates gays.
    The GOP wants to kill gays.
    The GOP wants to put all the gays in concentration camps.

Now replace “GOP” with “Obama supporters” and “gays” with “whites.”

If you think that is ridiculous, welcome to the club. That’s what we’ve been saying about your way of thinking for the last 25 years.

Although after seeing this chilling video, I feel much the way some Europeans did after the 1936 Nuremburg rally.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — September 30, 2008 @ 8:48 pm - September 30, 2008

7. found the Nazi song from Cabaret……you should post this on your blog with the other one……CREEPY

by the way, I have a blog and have NO IDEA how to post a video only the link….anyone tell me how??????

Comment by Carrie — September 30, 2008 @ 8:58 pm - September 30, 2008

8. I couldn’t watch the whole thing – I felt a wave of nausea.

Ladies and gentlemen: we’re f-ing doomed. Vast populations have been brainwashed over the years – no reason to think we’re immune.

What sort of sickos would teach their kids to put their “hopes and dreams” in the hands of a politician? Maybe we do need a king.

I was listening to some folks at work today comment on the bail out and stock market drop on Monday. These people are engineers (who, one would think, should be able to think critically).

To a man, they blame the mortgage fiasco on Bush. I don’t get into political arguments at work but I did mention that the Administration had warned on several occasions that Freddie/Fannie were ticking bombs. No matter. “Well, the GOP controlled Congress for a few years so Bush had his chance”. I replied that there’s a difference between having Republicans in charge and having conservatives in charge.

I mentioned that McCain had tried in 2005 to head this off. Again, no matter – it’s Bush’s fault.

I said that “Bush isn’t a king – all he could do was warn Congress” – doesn’t make any difference. (I listened to the audio of the 2004 hearings on Rush’s show – I guarantee none of that footage will make it on TV).

If Obama wins (I’m a pessimist so I think that’s likely), all we can hope for is that he’s restrained by reality.

Comment by SoCalRobert — September 30, 2008 @ 9:15 pm - September 30, 2008

9. Obama Youth

Comment by Tom — September 30, 2008 @ 9:24 pm - September 30, 2008

10. Nah.
    The Hitler youth fought for Hitler. The liberal kids would just bite on a pillow.

From ThePeoplesCube: “If you can’t abort ‘em, brainwash ‘em.”

Comment by ThatGayConservative — October 1, 2008 @ 12:39 am - October 1, 2008

11. I’m not anti-Obama, but I must admit that video is the creepiest thing I’ve seen in a long time. Like little Russian kids being forced to sing for Stalin.

Comment by Michael — October 1, 2008 @ 2:50 am - October 1, 2008

12. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise, as Gomer Pyle (gay) might say.

They took the video down. But we all saw it anyway. You’re still creepy today, Obama.

Comment by Victoria — October 1, 2008 @ 7:25 am - October 1, 2008

13. Venice, CA is Berkeley + a beach + shades of the Folsom Street Fair. This footage includes a straight couple walking around in thongs and posing lewdly for the cameras.

Comment by Jeremayakovka — October 1, 2008 @ 9:48 am - October 1, 2008

14. YouTube is purging all videos criticizing His Holiness. Here’s a new link.

Comment by Vic — October 1, 2008 @ 9:59 am - October 1, 2008

15. Carrie,
    I blog on WordPress, and all we need to do is copy the “embed code” (available on the right side of the YouTube page, or if you click that funky little icon to the right of the volume and play controls) into the body of a post. But you blog on blogspot, so you may have to do something different. But I’m sure if you go to Blogspots FAQ you will find instructions there.

Comment by American Elephant — October 1, 2008 @ 11:06 am - October 1, 2008

16. Isn’t it ironic that so many months ago some Obama supporter made a video comparing Hillary to Big Brother?

It seems Jonah Goldberg’s “Liberal Fascism” is proved more and more by the Obama campaign/supporters every day.

Frightening times.

Comment by American Elephant — October 1, 2008 @ 11:12 am - October 1, 2008

17. Arbeit macht frei!

Comment by rightwingprof — October 1, 2008 @ 12:14 pm - October 1, 2008

18. Anyone else see “Goodbye, Lenin”? The mother went into a coma until after the DDR fell, and her children didn’t want to startle such a committed communist by telling her that East Germany was no more. So, they paid some neighborhood kids to put on their “Freie Deutsche Jugend” from before the fall of the Wall and had them sing songs like this while she was recovering. This made me think of that scene.
    But really, the Nazi euphemisms for the Left I do not think are as appropriate as what the East Germans used to do. Much more insidious and less overt sort of creeping police state where you were always watched.

Comment by E.N. — October 1, 2008 @ 4:26 pm - October 1, 2008

19. dude I thought I also sent you another one that was shorter with compare and contrast pictures/posters of Hitler youth…now that one was very scary….hmm now I’ll be looking out for those folks at the various markets…yes I do go to Whole Foods but also the Co-oP and other health food markets….

Comment by left leaning lesbian friend — October 1, 2008 @ 5:19 pm - October 1, 2008

20. Where do conservatives engage in the kind of hero worship that some leftists do of Barack Obama? Have you ever seen conservative display an iconic image of one of our candidates as a bumper sticker? Or on lapel pins resembling religious figures?

You’re kidding right? What about all that nostalgia on this site for the Gipper? And here’s some popular merchandise with him on it.

Comment by Rob — October 1, 2008 @ 7:15 pm - October 1, 2008

21. Nobody ever held out Reagan as a literal Messiah, as a “Lightworker,” as someone who would cause the oceans to recede. There have never been choirs of glassy-eyed brainwashed children singing hymns to Reagan.

Also, Reagan had actual accomplishments, that are worthy of veneration.

Your equivalence fails.

Comment by V the K — October 1, 2008 @ 7:25 pm - October 1, 2008

22. Nobody ever held out Reagan as a literal Messiah, as a “Lightworker,” as someone who would cause the oceans to recede. There have never been choirs of glassy-eyed brainwashed children singing hymns to Reagan.

No one is claiming that Obama is a literal messiah. There may not have had children getting misty eyed for the Gipper, but there are sure some grown ups that do, espcially on this blog.

Also, Reagan had actual accomplishments, that are worthy of veneration.

Worthy of veneration you say? Thank you for making my point.

Your equivalence fails.

If it does, you have yet to prove it.

Comment by Rob — October 1, 2008 @ 10:21 pm - October 1, 2008

23. Ummm. YIKES! IT’S A BARACK OBAMA BABY BORG! Venice my butt–more like Village of the Damned. The unbelievable irony here is that these parents are EXACTLY the type of rich, elitist snobs that go completely ballistic and express their profound mortification whenever they see a photo of Jon Benet Ramsey or some other 6 year old all gussied up and singing “Teacher’s Pet” in high heels, a kid-sized Nolan Miller gown, and a tiara. They’re so hypnotized by their messiah that they can’t see that THIS IS EXACTLY THE SAME THING–just the LA/NY/SFO version. Instead of dressing their little girls up like mature, sexy, alluring women that they can show off, these Moonbats are having a pageant so they can dress their kids up as enlightened, socially-conscious, pacifist, tolerant liberals. It’s the same thing–just different geography.

Comment by Sean A — October 2, 2008 @ 2:44 am - October 2, 2008

24. Obama Youth: The Pyongyang Remix.

Comment by V the K — October 2, 2008 @ 7:20 am - October 2, 2008