Why I “Dwell” on Sarah Palin

Last night, yet again I challenged an Obama supporter skeptical of my support for Sarah Palin.  Not only did he fail to attribute a single accomplishment to his candidate for the White House, he couldn’t even identify specific policies which drew him to the Democrat.  Why then did he support him, I wondered?

Now, I agree that, with a prepared speech, Barack Obama can indeed be inspiring.  But, so can Sarah Palin.  Just look at the reaction to her speech in St. Paul to the Republican National Convention.  Even critics of the Alaska Governor acknowledge the power of that performance.  Camille Paglia, while a strong supporter of Obama, repeatedly cites Palin’s rhetorical gifts.

Rhetorical gifts do not alone a good leader make, though they frequently figure into his success.

Yet, for all too many Obama supporters, such qualities define not just their support for the Democrat, but their enthusiasm as well.  At the same time, the arguments those very same people make against John McCain, that he is unqualified to serve because he tapped an inexperienced woman as his running mate, could more readily be used against their own presidential candidate.

Experience is irrelevant.  Accomplishment doesn’t matter.  His ability to inspire suffices.

And that, in short, explain why I dwell so much on Sarah Palin.  I agree that we should look into her record. Even I, a supporter, have some concerns about her stands on certain issues.  But shouldn’t we also look more closely into Barack Obama’s?  Why are his supporters so indifferent (if not outright opposed) to an examination of his biography?

While giving Barack Obama a pass, the media have shown interest into delving into her personal life than in parsing her political record.

The Jewish Athena links former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s remarks to that very effect:

That’s why I keep coming back to Sarah Palin, not because she’s perfect, but because of, what Gingrich calls, the “deliberate, vicious, dishonest, total distortion of who Governor Palin is,” with elite television journalists failing to ask the Republican Governor “a single question. . . about her actual career in Alaska.”

No wonder the former Speaker likens the MSM’s treatment of this accomplished woman to Pravda. And no wonder I write regularly posts defending the governor, amazed that people who claim to know so much about current affairs know so little about a Republican candidate they repeatedly revile.

1. Some of history’s worst tyrants were “inspiring” leaders who had a gift for moving crowds with their oratory. This is why wise people look beyond the speeches and into the substance.

Historically, the combination of a charismatic leader with social grievances, coupled with a fanatical base of followers has seldom worked out well.

Comment by V the K — October 25, 2008 @ 4:07 pm - October 25, 2008

2. So wait, you’re using one ignorant supporter’s lack of knowledge about his candidate to support the view that there is no reason to actually support the candidate? I could name hundreds of public figures and personal friends who can clearly articulate their support for Obama, from Colin Powell on down. Rhetorical gift is one of many reasons – but you choose to ignore the others.

There are plenty of respectable sources and leaders who have related over and over again why Palin lacks the experience, world view, vision and intellectual curiosity required of the position right now, at this moment in time. Only those who are intellectually dishonest choose to ignore those facts in an effort to blindly support the republican party.

Comment by esgg — October 25, 2008 @ 5:14 pm - October 25, 2008

3. Obama campaign throws hissy-fit; cancels interviews after reporter asks Biden tough questions. Can you imagine if the McCain campaign did this after Palin botched an interview?

Comment by V the K — October 25, 2008 @ 5:21 pm - October 25, 2008

4. I was thinking about this last night too. They don’t know why they’re supporting Obama. I asked three people online who brought up the economy as their reason. I asked them why Obama was the candidate on the economy? What are his credentials? They couldn’t give any. One got angry and said he didn’t care and that his mind was made up. Don’t be mad at me if you go spouting off about your guy but then can’t deliver on your reasoning. I feel if you’re going to support a candidate, you should be able to give your reasons and be able to back them up.

Comment by Keegan — October 25, 2008 @ 5:24 pm - October 25, 2008

5. Newt wasn’t fair to Pravda – their reporters worked with a gun at their heads (like the scene in Airplane!). Our “journalists” have enthusiastically dispensed with even a thin facade of objectivity.

I lifted this from Wikipedia ’cause I thought it was interesting (and a bit scary):

A cult of personality or personality cult arises when a country’s leader uses mass media to create a heroic public image through unquestioning flattery and praise. Cults of personality are often found in dictatorships.

Oxymoron: journalistic ethics.

Comment by SoCalRobert — October 25, 2008 @ 5:35 pm - October 25, 2008

6. MSM has video of Obama praising PLO terrorist, but won’t release it.

Comment by V the K — October 25, 2008 @ 5:55 pm - October 25, 2008

7. No, esgg, I’m not using one ignorant supporter’s lack of knowledge to support the view that there is no reason to actually support the candidate. Colin Powell has not in fact clearly articulated his support for Obama. His endorsement was full of platitudes and lacked specifics.

If I missed such specifics, please provide them.

I certainly respect those who support Obama, as does a very liberal friend of mine, because, she believes very sincerely (but wrongly in my view), that we need more government spending and greater federal regulation. I respect her choice because she understands what her candidate stands for.

As to those “respected sources” who relate that Palin lacks experience, how many of them are familiar with her record in Alaska? Are you? And that’s what I was driving at in the post.

Call me intellectual dishonest if you want, but I least I’m familiarized myself with her record in Alaska. And she does have at least the experience, vision and intellectual curiosity to lead. As to world view, well, if you’ve read some of my posts, you’d see I have expressed some concerns on that score.

Amazing that you would insult me for my ignorance when you seem blissfully unaware of her record.

The reason I brought this guy up was that he was amazed at my defense of Sarah Palin. Yet, even as I can name a series of her accomplishments in Alaska, he could name none of his candidate’s achievements either in Illinois or Washington. And the point of this post was to point out, as the very title indicates, why I “dwell” on Sarah Palin. Because the media do not report her accomplishments. And you write as if she had none.

Yet, just as certain Obama supporters fault Palin for lacking accomplishments, it doesn’t seem to bother them that they can’t identify any of his. And they remain ignorant of what Palin has done. As, it seems, do you.

And you go after me for my intellectual dishonesty. Amazing.

Comment by GayPatriotWest — October 25, 2008 @ 9:36 pm - October 25, 2008

8. No, I’m not blissfully unaware of Palin’s record but I wish I were because then I’d be less terrified of the prospect of her in the White House.

-She racked up $20mm in debt in Wasilla and increased government expenditures anywhere from 1/4 to 2/3 (I’ve seen conflicting reports)
    -Her mismanagement of the land acquisition for the Sports Complex was so incredible, it cost Wasilla $1.7mm instead of $150k or so
    -She vetoed a host of clean energy proposals
    -She has come out against health benefits for same sex couples
    -She is guilty of the very same type of cronyism that brought us the devastation of New Orleans
    -She’s aaaaall about the earmarks.

I won’t even touch the scandal she seems forever mired in. But every time she mentions actual policy that she might have a hand in on the national front–foreign policy, military, even energy policy–she demonstrates herself to be in alien territory.

I appreciate that Alaskans liked receiving $1200 from her – that’s plenty to buy a vote. But if she had applied even half that money towards the energy proposals she vetoed, there might be a little something left for the next generation in Alaska.

It’s her policies I don’t like. Along with everything else.

Comment by esgg — October 25, 2008 @ 10:15 pm - October 25, 2008

9. So, let’s see if I understand this.

esgg blasts Palin for being fiscally irresponsible, but he supports Obama who is proposing trillions in new government spending with no credible plan to pay for it.

He blasts Palin for cronyism and earmarks, but he supports Obama who has several political allies under indictment in Illinois, who took a sweetheart deal from slumlord-felon Tony Rezko, scored millions in taxpayer funded kickbacks for his allies in the corrupt ACORN organization, and a million dollar earmark for his wife’s employer.

He blasts Palin for getting her constituents a $1,200 rebate funded out of her state’s natural resources, but supports Obama who wants to confiscate money from moderately wealthy businesses and individuals and hand it out to people who pay no federal taxes.

I guess cognitive dissonance isn’t an issue with some people.

Comment by V the K — October 25, 2008 @ 10:40 pm - October 25, 2008

10. V the K, while we are at it….Palin was giving back to Alaskans their own money from the Oil and Gas Trust Fund Surplus…..

Nobama has not found a way to pay for his “share the wealth” Marxism.

Palin did not leave Wasilia with a debt…the hockey/sporting center in question was voted upon by the voters of Wasilia and approved by those voters who voted for a bond. It was not something that Palin personally did.

those nasty pesky facts screwing up the Marxist leftists types again.

as to same sex health benefits..once again the Leftists got it wrong..how did it become law? Governor Palin signed that legislation into law and did not veto it since she actually followed the Alaska state Constitution after consulting with the Alaska Attorney General, who said the law was constitutional, and said she would follow the law and would do follow the law since it was her job as Governor to enforce the law.

Let’s see, a Mayor’s job is to bring in grants to their city and she did that.

Governor Palin cut earmarks as Governor and cut a half a billion dollars of them from the Alaska state budget and said that there has to be earmark reform.

NObama has been silent on that issue and keeps pointing at that earmarks are inconsequential…..small change….yeah, compared to the trillions of debt he will add to the budget and it will be trillions with Nobama and the Democrat Congress.

as to the point of the blog, I watched Palin’s speech in Iowa today and she continues to inspire me….she has the Reagan touch and I fault the McCain handlers for not providing proper forums where Palin could give policy speeches as she did with special needs education (by the way where the heck are the teachers unions in that Palin is saying this needs to be fully funded and Teddy Kennedy who has screamed about this forever)

Palin gave an excellent well explained policy speech on the issue and she has the smarts, ability to community and political smarts to make it happen.

I am still worried that McCain and the GOP tries to throw her under the pink bus…..if McCain loses..but I am still praying that Palin wins re election as Governor of Alaska in 2010 and then runs for President in 2012….she has the Right stuff in more ways then one and I am for Palin for 2012 and have said that in too many of my posts from day one of Palin being selected by McCain as his VP….she did a far better job of
    “framing” the reasons for a McCain/Palin ticket then McCain did and I whole heartedly believe in Sarah Palin and that belief grows stronger by the day.

As to her opposition to same sex marriage, at least she is honest unlike Nobama and Biden who talk out of both sides of their Marxist mouths on the issues.

Quite frankly, if Palin would come out and say look I have no problem with civil unions and they offer the same statutory rights as heterosexual marriage and marriage is just for str8s..then I don’t really care…..what I care about is not the term but the same federal statutory rights as str8 couples receive.

Unfortunately, that would require a change to DOMA which Marxist Nobama refuses to do and he is far more a hypocrite on the issue then most other Dumocrats…he ranks right up there with John Kerry who supported a state constitutional ban on same sex marriage in Massachusetts and said so then campaigned that he was against the federal marriage amendment but said he was against same sex marriage on the federal level…..

There is a lot more to a Presidential candidate then one issue…..

Even George Bush in 2004 said he was for civil unions….which ended up being the same position as Kerry.

My position on marriage is it should be left to the states since that it was the federal constitution basically does and Dick Cheney got in right in 2000 when he said so in his debate with Joe Lieberman.

that is a federalist strict constructionist view of the Constitution and to me it is the correct one.

I blame Democrat President Bill Clinton for messing up DOMA and then again DADT.

I am for Sarah Palin because she has the right stuff to be President and she will even more so in 4 years and like Reagan I believe her to be self taught and she will learn even more in 4 yrs….so Go Sarah Go…Palin for President!!!

Comment by Rocket — October 25, 2008 @ 11:08 pm - October 25, 2008

11. I watched the blurb with Newt again (I saw it when it first aired) and have to agree with him. If Palin is so stupid, how did she negotiate a 40 billion dollar natural gas pipeline that until she became Governor was not resolved for over 30 years.

How did she negotiate the $1200.00 per person rebate back to Alaskans from the oil companies if she is such a dumb rube.

How does Palin run a multibillion dollar budget and over 24,000 employees if she has no intellectual skills?

the list Gingrich cited said it very well.

In addition to the MSM that recognizes that Palin in less then 7 weeks has proven to be an excellent leader that inspires huge crowds in the thousands so they must say she is destroying the GOP ticket because they know if they bring her down then she won’t become the next Reagan…..

As has often been said, the intellectual elite on the Left and the Right despised Reagan but he went over the MSM heads and went to the people the way that Palin does and grabs Americans by the collars (I find it ironic that one of those conservative elites, Peggy Noonan, will gush about Palin on the air and when caught off camera call Palin a total disaster)

I am counting on Palin to win re election as Governor (if McCain doesn’t pull off a victory in 2008) and then she goes on to be elected President in 2012.

The country will need Palin to be elected even more so in 2012 then compared to now to elect Palin as VP.

Comment by Rocket — October 26, 2008 @ 12:20 am - October 26, 2008

12. So, let’s see esgg, familiar with her record, huh? All you bring up is talking points from left-wing sites on things they disagree with. You don’t even address her leadership of the Alaska Oil and Gas Commission, ignore her record as Governor, particularly the pipeline deal she negotiated which impressed even the editors at the Washington Post has praised.

And yes, let’s look into the earmarks. She once supported them, but then learned how they were a drain on the state budget and vetoed all to many. Like you focus on her record as Mayor, you’re stuck in the past, not giving her credit for changing.

Cronyism yeah right. You’ve been reading Andrew Sullivan too much. She’s the one who stood up to entrenched interests in her own party.

The devastation of New Orleans? You mean, a mayor who didn’t follow his own city’s procedure to evacuate the city while hundreds of school buses stood at the ready?

Scandal? What scandal? Oh, yeah, that she failed to tell her husband to stop pressuring the state public safety director to fire his ex-brother-in-law, a state trooper who tasered her nephew. And where Todd claims that she did tell him to stop. And let’s not forget, she was cleared of violating any law by an investigator hand-picked by a political foe and Obama supporter.

Fine if it’s her policies you don’t like. But, you are changing your tune and misrepresenting her record.

Thanks Rocket for taking on his other errors and offering a spirited defense of Palin.

Comment by GayPatriotWest — October 26, 2008 @ 1:26 am - October 26, 2008

13. So you believe that Americans are willfully ignorant to Gov. Palin’s record and if they would only learn her record, she wouldn’t be so unpopular?

It never crosses your mind that maybe most Americans aren’t as ignorant as you ascribe them to be and in fact, when they figured out Palin was a hard right ideologue, they just said – hell no, not that again?

As David Frum wrote this weekend in the Wahington Post about Palin and what he refered to as the McCain camp’s “Palinized” strategy of hitting Obama as an alien, radical and socialist:

Sure enough, the base has responded. After months and months of wan enthusiasm among Republicans, these last weeks have at last energized the core of the party. But there’s a downside: The very same campaign strategy that has belatedly mobilized the Republican core has alienated and offended the great national middle, which was the only place where the 2008 election could have been won.

And that’s problem number one. In this political climate, anything that was gonna fire up the bloggers here at GayPatriot (and the Republican base) was going to be an electoral loser in 2008.

Problem number two is that Palin needed to be able to answer substantive policy questions on day one after being selected and she couldn’t. When Katie Couric asked Palin for her opinion on the 700 billion dollar bailout package, that was NOT an unfair question. Palin’s ensuing Miss South Carolina moment was of her own doing. A Vice-Presidential candidate has to be able to give a reasoned, well thought out response to that question. It was the most important issue in the country at that moment. Palin screwed up, plain and simple. That question was straight up, no spin. Palin hung herself with her own rope.

Comment by Erik — October 26, 2008 @ 2:22 am - October 26, 2008

14. Erik, I don’t think any of Couric’s questions were unfair. I do think they were tougher than those she asked of Biden–or any Democrat for that matter.

She screwed up then, but has since come across much better, so much better that the national media all but ignores how much more available she has been in recent days–and how many more interviews she has conducted. If she had made any gaffes, we’d have heard about them. Whereas the conservative media report Biden’s gaffes, the MSM report Palin’s.

And, um, Erik, if you bothered to read any coverage of Palin’s term in Alaska, you’d see she’s anything but a right-wing ideologue. Check out these articles:

Palin ‘governed from the center,’ went after big oil

Palin the Pragmatic

So, if the American people see her as that, well, then the McCain campaign failed to sell her experience. Or the MSM (except for USA TODAY failed to report it.

Given that you seem a well-informed guy and you see her as an ideologue, my point is made.

Comment by GayPatriotWest — October 26, 2008 @ 2:38 am - October 26, 2008

15. A Vice-Presidential candidate has to be able to give a reasoned, well thought out response to that question.

Unless you’re a liberal and Joe Bigot, then you get patted on the head and excused.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — October 26, 2008 @ 2:51 am - October 26, 2008

16. But wait. Don’t these people know Gov. Palin pretty well?

Oh, you betcha!

Yet despite her formidable gifts, few who have worked closely with the governor would argue she is truly ready to assume command of the most important, powerful nation on earth. To step in and juggle the demands of an economic meltdown, two deadly wars and a deteriorating climate crisis would stretch the governor beyond her range. Like picking Sen. McCain for president, putting her one 72-year-old heartbeat from the leadership of the free world is just too risky at this time.

Comment by Erik — October 26, 2008 @ 2:57 am - October 26, 2008

17. putting her one 72-year-old heartbeat from the leadership of the free world is just too risky at this time.

What a bigot you are, Eric.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — October 26, 2008 @ 3:04 am - October 26, 2008

18. The Anchorage Daily News has never been a big fan of Palin’s. I’ve read enough of their reporting to detect a slight bias.

Oh, and, you didn’t get to my point about her pragmatic record in office.

Comment by GayPatriotWest — October 26, 2008 @ 3:05 am - October 26, 2008

19. Ah yes, the Anchorage Daily News, which hates Palin, has always endorsed her opponents, has always called her unqualified, and now is trying to spin why its affirmative-action candidate Barack Obama should, despite his pathetic record, be elected.

Case in point:

Sen. Obama warned regulators and the nation 19 months ago that the subprime lending crisis was a disaster in the making. Sen. McCain backed tighter rules for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, but didn’t do much to advance that legislation.

Gee, you’d think a news outlet could actually read.

So here’s the difference; McCain pushes, argues for, and actually cosponsors legislation to stop the problem, while Obama writes letters much later — while pocketing over a hundred thousand dollars from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and employing their disgraced CEOs as campaign advisors.

What the ADN knows is the party line, and that’s what they’re parroting. Intelligent voters who put Palin in office by a massive margin and continue to support her know far better.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — October 26, 2008 @ 3:18 am - October 26, 2008

20. Only the liberals could trash one of their voting blocks and expect to get away with it.

I didn’t know the Anchorage Daily News spoke for liberals, but i’ll take that into account before I post something from them again.

Oh, and, you didn’t get to my point about her pragmatic record in office.

Look, she’s so new to the national stage that people aren’t going to delve into the details of the Alaskan Natural Gas Pipeline project right away. They’re going to look at her positions on abortion, global warming and gay marriage, among other issues. They are easier issues to wrap your head around. And on those larger, big picture issues, she does toe a hard right line.

Additionally, Palin’s rhetoric is all wrong for the current political climate. At a time when people are beaten down and believe the country is on the wrong track, it is a miscalculation to proclaim that some parts of America are more “Pro-America” than others, that some parts of America constitute the “real America” and just all the other “joe six pack”, “hockey mom”, “elitist” identity politic arguments. People want to be lifted up right now. They want optimism, not division. And all Palin is offering is division. There is absolutely no optimism in her message right now. It’s another thing that’s driving down her numbers.

Comment by Erik — October 26, 2008 @ 3:30 am - October 26, 2008

21. Erik, I disagree that there is no optimism in her message. I heard her campaign speech, I watched her in the debate. I’ve seen her interviews and find her one of the most forward-looking politicians I’ve witnessed.

Maybe you’re right. People do wanted to be lifted up. And I gotta admit, that, on the whole, Obama does a good job of that.

And yes, alas, people won’t delve into her record in Alaska, but it gives a hint of her governing style. And it’s hardly that of right-wing ideologue.

Comment by GayPatriotWest — October 26, 2008 @ 3:50 am - October 26, 2008

22. People want to be lifted up right now. They want optimism, not division.

Which is why Barack Obama and his surrogates like John Murtha are sitting there calling them “bitter” and “racists” for not voting for Obama.

And why people like you, Erik, are calling us racists for using the word “thugocracy”.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — October 26, 2008 @ 3:57 am - October 26, 2008

23. “Bring us together,” like “bipartisan,” in Democratese, means toe the liberal party line: Steal more money from people who work for it so you can give it to people who don’t. When it comes from, or is said about, a Chicago thug, it’s even more ludicrous.

Comment by rightwingprof — October 26, 2008 @ 8:39 am - October 26, 2008

24. People want to be lifted up right now. They want optimism, not division. And all Palin is offering is division. There is absolutely no optimism in her message right now. It’s another thing that’s driving down her numbers.

What’s uplifting about a America sucks ass! platform? How is it inspiring to slander people you’re “embarrassed” by as “racist” or bitter clinging to God and guns? What’s inspiring about claiming that a Seasoned Citizen can’t do anything meaningful becasue we all know all old folks have Alzheimer’s (yuck, yuck, yuck!)?

What’s inspiring about Comrade Obama?

Comment by ThatGayConservative — October 26, 2008 @ 2:19 pm - October 26, 2008

25. Oh, and how exactly should the “little guy” be inspired by the attempted destruction of Joe the plumber?

Comment by ThatGayConservative — October 26, 2008 @ 2:22 pm - October 26, 2008

26. Not to pile on to the libtards in this thread, but isn’t Joe Biden’s secret code name “Assassination Insurance?”

Just wondering.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — October 26, 2008 @ 3:01 pm - October 26, 2008

27. “People want to be lifted up right now. They want optimism, not division.”
    That says it perfectly. Emotion and symbolism. Ideas don’t matter because results don’t matter, except when worshipping that bright, shining phantom: equality of outcome. Palin will never appeal to those who cannot ask whether a government program produces the promised result. It’s the promise that counts. Obama’s words are carefully chosen to prevent him from being pinned down, disagreed with, and voted against. He’s dangerous because he’s empty, not because he’s stupid.

Comment by Ignatius — October 26, 2008 @ 4:36 pm - October 26, 2008

28. Why then did [GPW's correspondent] support [Obama], I wondered? Because, he replied, the Democrat is “inspiring” and can “bring people together.”

Translation: Because he feels like it and has no good reasons. For the record: Obama can’t bring people together. He could barely even beat Hillary in the primaries! As a “community organizer” he apparently accomplished nothing. As a State Senator, nothing. As a U.S. Senator, nothing. And as President, I predict, he will only sow class warfare and take us economically and socially backward, towards socialism-fascism (yet more expansion of the State).

Obama… wants to confiscate money from moderately wealthy businesses and individuals and hand it out to people who pay no federal taxes.

Which is how a nation destroys its capital stock.

Go ahead and tax “the corporations”, and the poor and the middle class always pay the price in the end: in lost jobs, lower salaries and wages, higher costs for goods and services, ‘missing’ goods and services (ones not produced), etc.

Go ahead and tax “the rich”, and the poor and the middle class always pay the price in the end: in capital not raised, businesses weakened, businesses not started, innovations not made, inventions not developed, foundations not funded, etc.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — October 26, 2008 @ 5:32 pm - October 26, 2008

29. Oops..I stand corrected…I said Governor Palin signed into law allowing same sex couples health benefits (in a sense she did do that) but in fact she vetoed a law denying
    health benefits to same sex couples. Thanks for the link to that article, Gay West Patriot:)

I will also add that Governor Palin negotiated a 40 billion dollar natural gas pipeline that we will sorely need. Since that time period, Russia and Iran have teamed up to create an OPEC like monopoly on natural gas. We are going to need to tap natural gas and use Palin’s expertise on Energy Independence.

Palin also gave a speech on women’s rights issues and against Islamic killings of women. Did the MSM carry it….NO.

Has there been a drop of discussion on Palin’s speeches on women’s rights and special needs children education? NO!

I am tired of the Leftists and the MSM giving a pass to the zillion gaffes of Joe Biden, who is one dumb ass dude given every time he opens up his mouth stupidity falls out of it and this from a guy who has been in the US Senate for 36 years, was head of the Judiciary Committee and doesn’t know that the VP is under Article II of the Constitution and does in fact preside over the Senate and as the Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee makes pronouncements that NObama is a NOT Ready Prime Time Player to be President of the USA and will mess up big time in a foreign policy crisis and the American people are going to be mighty upset that NOBama does the wrong thing and screws up and the MSM screams that Palin is NOT ready to be President…HELLO?!!!! The current Democratic nominee for President is NOT ready to be President according to his own running mate and that gets a pass by the MSM..

and we know what the Marxist Nobama will do with the press (who bitterly complained about Bush but are dumb, deaf and blind when it comes to NOBAMA obliterating the First Amendment and specifically stating that unless you take the Marxist Party Line you will be denied access to their candidates to ask legitimate questions…..no pun intended, but Marx my words……you will hear from Nobama Land that any member of the press that asks legitimate critical questions of the
    Marxist in Chief is a racist and will be frozen out of press access and will be smeared just as they did to Joe the Plumber…..we have only just begun…..4 to 8 years of living in the USSR…..the USSR is indeed back and we will be living in it.

Comment by Rocket — October 26, 2008 @ 8:30 pm - October 26, 2008

30. What’s inspiring about Comrade Obama?

When you dont know anything about anything — about ideologies, civics, history, economics… and are voting entirely on image, Obama is very inspiring.

If you are hoping to turn America away from everything it is founded upon, or as Obama put it in that recording, “breaking free of the constraints” put in the Constitution by the founding fathers, in short, if you’re a socialist or a commie, Obama is very inspiring.

Those are the people who are voting for him. That is who he inspires.

Comment by American Elephant — October 27, 2008 @ 6:04 am - October 27, 2008

31. [...] In a recent defense of Sarah Palin, I quoted an Obama supporter who, like many with whom I’ve spoken, couldn’t identify any of his candidate’s accomplishments (nor define any of his policy positions).  He supported the Democrat because of his abilities to inspire and unite.  In the comments section, a reader wrote “So, you’re using one ignorant supporter’s lack of knowledge about his candidate to support the v…“ [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » How I can respect certain Obama supporters — October 28, 2008 @ 7:00 am - October 28, 2008

32. [...] the media’s questions of the Alaska Governor, few television journalists have even asked her about her record, as if she were just a pretty face and her career a blank slate, save for the dirt they could dig [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Of Sarah Palin’s Marriage — and her Strength — November 3, 2008 @ 2:48 am - November 3, 2008