New York Times “Poaches” Gay Mailing Lists

Posted by GayPatriotWest at 1:01 am - October 26, 2008.
Filed under: Advocate Watch,Gay America,Media Bias

Here’s something to chew on.

I try to use a different spelling of my name when I subscribe to certain periodicals so as to better determine who sells my name to what.  Well, while I sometimes forget which name I used where, I do know the abbreviation I used on my soon-to-lapse Advocate subscription.

That very abbreviation appears on fund-raising solicitations I have received from pro-abortion groups as well as Democratic candidates.  Yep, Ms. Hillary solicited me sometime in the past year.

Today, that abbreviation appeared on an invitation to subscribe to the New York Times.  Not sure what to make of this, but thought to put it out there to see if y’all had any thoughts.

Guess they think there’a market for their increasingly biased product in gay circles.

1. Try this:

TGCpartner, 42, has a voice that sounds like a kid’s just recently broke. When he gets the occasional sales call, they want to talk to his parents.

I don’t know if it will stop the mailings you get, but when you go on the official free credit report site, you can opt out of getting credit card offers for like 5 or 10 years. I know my crap mail has dropped.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — October 26, 2008 @ 2:07 am - October 26, 2008

2. The NY Times is running on fumes and is desperate after posting yet another 16% quarterly loss. With the way the NY Times has been taking a financial beating, I find it remarkable that they’re still in business.

A lot of their woes are directly related to their nosediving readership. I used to read the NY Times religiously for two decades up until 2001. Now the only time I even glimpse at it is for opposition research.

The main reason for the NY Times’ demise is this: Why would anyone buy a newspaper that doesn’t have a comics section?

Comment by Right Turn — October 26, 2008 @ 7:10 am - October 26, 2008

3. Right Turn,

NYT does have a comics section. They just renamed it “Op-Ed”.

Comment by DoDoGuRu — October 26, 2008 @ 9:12 am - October 26, 2008

4. #3 – Now THAT was priceless!

Welcome to the fold.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — October 26, 2008 @ 2:58 pm - October 26, 2008

5. love your site

Comment by fruity — November 2, 2008 @ 5:16 pm - November 2, 2008

6. Love the site!! Keep it coming!!

Comment by nick — May 11, 2009 @ 6:02 pm - May 11, 2009