Log Cabin Republicans On Its Last Leg?

It seems there is more going on behind the scenes as well.  One of my very reliable LCR Board insiders tells me a shocking fact:  “Log Cabin is over $150,000 in debt.”

And nearly the only source of income to Log Cabin lately is from none other than the Gay Left’s version of George Soros:  the infamous Tim Gill.   We have tracked Gill’s ties to Soros and Log Cabin extensively over the years here at GayPatriot.

So with Log Cabin leaderless and in serious debt…. is Tim Gill poised to take over the organization for good and move the “Gay Republican” organization permanently to the Gay Radical Left?

Only time will tell.

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. The strength of the LCR should be a vibrant grassroots in the Chapters, yet LCR Natl. has had a dismal-record of late in establishing new Chapters…or even coordinating with their existing Chapters. Part of the problem is governance and transparency; there ain’t much of either.

I don’t necessarily blame Patrick, it’s the hand left-him by the “other” Patrick in the wake of an imploded Natl. Office after the 2004 elections; a crippled budget, no Exec. Director or Grassroots Developement Director, and a breach with the GOP Natl. Committee and the GOP Caucus….and the burned bridge to the White House.

Comment by Ted B (Charging Rhino) — November 20, 2008 @ 9:57 am - November 20, 2008

2. Interesting. I had considered joining a local chapter but was skeptical of the nature of their relationship to the GOP (besides the obvious). Perhaps my caution was more warranted than I thought and I should see how this plays out. Just as much as I have zero intention of joining any group that lends support to the religious right, I likewise refuse to lend support to an HRC clone. We have enough cheap whores for the Democrat Party…

Comment by John — November 20, 2008 @ 10:38 am - November 20, 2008

3. […] GayPatriot » Log Cabin Republicans On Its Last Leg? As Dan reported a few days ago, Log Cabin Republican President Patrick Sammon has announced he is leaving his post at the national gay Republican organization after two years. It seems there is more going on behind the scenes as well. … […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Log Cabin Republicans On Its Last Leg? — November 20, 2008 @ 11:15 am - November 20, 2008

4. Oh, come on. There is no need for the LCR to go under. The solution is right in front of our noses.

Just go to Congress and beg for a bail-out. It’s all the rage these days…..

Comment by sonicfrog — November 20, 2008 @ 12:21 pm - November 20, 2008

5. Sonic-

BRILLIANT!

Comment by Bruce (GayPatriot) — November 20, 2008 @ 12:25 pm - November 20, 2008

6. Please stay on this story.

Comment by MikeInSedona — November 20, 2008 @ 2:42 pm - November 20, 2008

7. The LCR lost any traction it might have had back in ’04, when it annnounced that it wasn’t going to support President Bush. Maybe allowing it to collapse, so another group with the same ideals and less baggage can take its place.

Comment by DaveP. — November 20, 2008 @ 4:36 pm - November 20, 2008

8. Well if Congress is offering a “bail-out”, I’d like my cut please. I mean it’s ‘free’ money and Uncle Sam can always print more, right? Um…right?

DaveP: On the contrary, LCR’s refusal to support Bush was the right move and I voted for the man myself – twice. I don’t really regret either vote, but the 2nd time around was very reluctant and mainly because the alternative was completely unacceptable. Now if the war is ended successfully (a BIG “if” now I know) and the GOP is stupid enough to run another campaign like 2004, I’ll vote the other way.

Comment by John — November 20, 2008 @ 4:47 pm - November 20, 2008

9. Good riddance.

Comment by Wes — November 20, 2008 @ 6:06 pm - November 20, 2008

10. They lost me when they gave Andrew Sullivan a lifetime achievement award. (and when my local chapter continuosly rolled their eyes at me and sighed).

Please tell me that you’re kidding. LCR gave Sully an award?!? When??? Why haven’t they rescinded it given his despicable Trig Trutherism???

Ok, if this is true than I’m damn glad I didn’t join…

Comment by John — November 20, 2008 @ 6:23 pm - November 20, 2008

11. […] Log Cabin Republicans On Its Last Leg? As Dan reported a few days ago, Log Cabin Republican President Patrick Sammon has announced he is leaving his post at the national gay Republican organization after two years. […]

Pingback by links for 2008-11-21 | FullosseousFlap's Dental Blog — November 21, 2008 @ 3:06 am - November 21, 2008

12. I guess the Log Cabin Republicans need a bailout.

Comment by fnln — November 21, 2008 @ 6:55 am - November 21, 2008

13. #10: We all know Sully is a conservative in the same way that RuPaul is a woman.

The LCR in NC had little organization either, and considering what a mess the state GOP is, it doesn’t surprise me that they could never get more than 10 people at any given meeting. I think they were wrong in emphasizing “benefits” over commitments in arguing for gay marriage, and I told them so. They said, “they’ll never accept that argument, so we have to push benefits.” And as for keeping a gay marriage ban off the NC state books? Their idea was basically stop it from getting to a vote, the way a child hiding something embarrassing would try to hide it from his parents (ref. about 5 dozen sitcom episodes).

Comment by Attmay — November 21, 2008 @ 8:29 pm - November 21, 2008