Vote for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2009

Posted by GayPatriotWest at 3:24 am - December 22, 2008.
Filed under: Blogging,Blogress Divas,Strong Women

With the hope that this poll will not suffer from the glitches of last year’s, here are the nominees. They’re all divas, but only one blogress can become the Grande Conservative Blogress Diva. Voting continues until 5 PM EST on New Year’s Eve at which point we’ll announce the winner and hand her her tiara. Let the cat fight voting begin!

Which blogress should be the Grande Conservative Blogress Diva 2009?
Amy Alkon
neo-neo con
Pundita
Pamela of Atlas Shrugs
Debbie Schlussel
Sister Toldjah
Free polls from Pollhost.com

UPDATE:  Kathy Shaidle has asked us to remove her name from the competition.  And we have done so, having changed the poll, but having retained the tally for the blogresses remaining in the competition. We will add that to the total from the new poll. I have made a .pdf of the old poll (at the time we “published” the new poll) and have offered to share that with the contest participants.

For links to this diva’s blogs, just click here-

• Amy Alkon
  • neo-neo con
  • Pundita
  • Pamela of Atlas Shrugs
  • Debbie Schlussel
  • Sister Toldjah.

1. Monday open thread…

Got a busy Monday morning ahead of me as per the norm – hope to be back this afternoon or early evening.
      Here are a few links for you:
      —- The liberal gay community is still in a lather over Barack Obama’s decision to invite Pastor Rick Warr…

Trackback by Sister Toldjah — December 22, 2008 @ 9:03 am - December 22, 2008

2. […] And you thought the election was over! Well, almost, but it’s not enough to have a president. the nation must also have a Grand Conservative Blogress Diva and if you thought there were a lot of Dems in the primaries, wait till you see your choices in this election. […]

Pingback by Divas abounding! - UPDATED | The Anchoress — December 22, 2008 @ 12:38 pm - December 22, 2008

3. pamela …..the smartest + the hottest ….case closed

Comment by tim — December 22, 2008 @ 12:47 pm - December 22, 2008

4. GPW, I know you’re in the generous holiday spirit, but really, we only need two letters s in “blogress”. Three is a bit excessive. 🙂

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — December 22, 2008 @ 12:57 pm - December 22, 2008

5. My vote must go to Sister Toldjah. Must!

The rest are excellent, but, really, ST is the Diva!

Comment by benning — December 22, 2008 @ 3:48 pm - December 22, 2008

6. Well, I suppose this violates some Diva Voting Rule….. but, FWIW, I am personally voting this year for Pamela from Atlas Shrugs.

All of our nominees are fab, but I have soft spot for Pam and I think she has earned the nod.

But choose for yourselves… 🙂

Comment by GayPatriot — December 22, 2008 @ 7:36 pm - December 22, 2008

7. […] asking her if she could pass it along to her brother and his beau that I’d been nominated for Grande Conservative Blogress Diva—and could they pretend to be conservative long enough to vote for me?—I got this: Joy, […]

Pingback by The Note I Just Got from my Stepsister. | Little Miss Attila — December 22, 2008 @ 9:00 pm - December 22, 2008

8. Your link to Apple Face is wrongly linked to pundita.

Comment by anon — December 23, 2008 @ 12:45 am - December 23, 2008

9. pamela …..the smartest + the hottest

Those words do not mean what you think they mean. At least when used to describe Ms. Atlas Juggs.

All of our nominees are fab, but I have soft spot for Pam

Pam turns most men soft, and not only the gay ones.

Comment by commie atheist — December 23, 2008 @ 12:00 pm - December 23, 2008

10. […] go to Gay Patriot and make your feelings known; fill in the ballot for Kathy Shaidle, too, if you like: after what their Human Rights Commission […]

Pingback by The Folks at Sadly, No . . . | Little Miss Attila — December 23, 2008 @ 12:42 pm - December 23, 2008

11. How do I cheat, err, I mean, how often can I vote? And just out of curiosity, how do you check if someone has voted?

Comment by Iris — December 23, 2008 @ 4:50 pm - December 23, 2008

12. […] annoy, by passing it on with groveling apology: Vanderleun Patrick O’ Hannigan Rick Fr. Steve Gay Patriot by TheAnchoress @ 3:59 pm. Filed under Blogs and Blogging   [Trackback […]

Pingback by Lord, how dull I am! | The Anchoress — December 23, 2008 @ 4:59 pm - December 23, 2008

13. I like Amy Alkon. She addresses the real problems in our society, like “women in the black community who squeeze out litters of fatherless children, or the men who f*** and run, or f***, deal drugs, and go to directly jail.”

Comment by ignatov — December 24, 2008 @ 9:11 am - December 24, 2008

14. I can’t believe it. Kathy Shaidle pulled out of the race? Why?

Comment by joeyess — December 24, 2008 @ 11:11 am - December 24, 2008

15. I demand that the SCOTUS reinstate Kathy Shaidle and force her to accept her status as Blogress of the Year.

I demand it.

Comment by joeyess — December 24, 2008 @ 11:13 am - December 24, 2008

16. That’s an impressive list. Hard to choose.

Comment by Rose — December 24, 2008 @ 12:56 pm - December 24, 2008

17. Freedom of speech for people who agree with you, deletions for those that don’t.

What would John Galt think!

Comment by sildenced — December 24, 2008 @ 1:12 pm - December 24, 2008

18. Nobody who drives a Nash is bad! Amy is the heronie of drag queens everywhere! SHE is who we think of when we dress as women!

Comment by I'm gay for Amy.. — December 24, 2008 @ 1:14 pm - December 24, 2008

19. The vote totals go up. The vote totals go down. Is this freakin’ Minnesota? Even the North Koreans are laughing.

Sondra K should just assume the “Diva For Life” title now and put a stop to this sham election. Everyone else can be in her court. Nice dresses and shoes all around though.

Comment by Darrell — December 24, 2008 @ 1:44 pm - December 24, 2008

20. You totally made Shaidle quit!

Comment by Will — December 24, 2008 @ 3:09 pm - December 24, 2008

21. “Got a busy Monday morning ahead of me”

but not too busy, i see, for you to stop by and cast the lone vote for yourself.

KEvron

Comment by KEvron — December 24, 2008 @ 5:22 pm - December 24, 2008

22. “Grande” Diva?

IS THIS MEXICO????!!!!11!!!11!???!?

you liberals make me sick. SPEAK ENGLISH PLEASE!!

Comment by Bummer — December 24, 2008 @ 6:42 pm - December 24, 2008

23. Pamela “Obama is Malcolm X’s love child” Atlas is the only choice. No else has taken it to such absurd wingnut heights.

Comment by psychedelic santa — December 24, 2008 @ 7:37 pm - December 24, 2008

24. […] continue to support The Anchoress as my personal favorite in this year’s poll, though of course I hope people throw me a few votes to keep my fragile ego intact—my […]

Pingback by The Grande Conservative Blogress Diva Contest Goes On! | Little Miss Attila — December 25, 2008 @ 6:08 pm - December 25, 2008

25. Pam has 1700 plus votes and Tammy has 352 votes. If you take away the votes from the vicious, evil liberals sent over here by Sadly, No!, Tammy would probably be the Fabulously Divine Grande Conservative Blogress 2009. Shouldn’t Pam “withdraw”, like Kathy Shaidle did, so that she doesn’t steal the election from Tammy?

Comment by Sadly, No! Customer Care — December 26, 2008 @ 12:23 pm - December 26, 2008