GayPatriot LA Outing to El Coyote

Posted by GayPatriotWest at 6:37 pm - December 29, 2008.
Filed under: Gay Marriage,Gay PC Silliness,LA Stories

Because the Los Angeles restaurant El Coyote, long a favorite of Angeleno gays, has lost a considerable amount of business when angry gay activists chose to boycott the place because one of its employees contributed to the “Yes on 8” campaign, I would like to organize an outing for our readers to dine at that iconic establishment.

As the restaurant lost business, it was forced to lay off a number of employees, many of them gay.

We need make clear that all gay people do not completely politicize their lives as have these angry activists.

Please e-mail me to let me know whether you prefer we do this for dinner on New Year’s Day or next Sunday, January 4.

Oh, and to encourage business, once we set the date, I’m buying margaritas for the first five people to show up!

1. In response to #112 — no I can’t read Marjorie’s mind, but I think it is reasonable to assume that if someone donates to a proposition campaign, they support that campaign.

“Assumption, my dear, is the mother of all fuckups. It couldn’t possibly be because that while she favors gay marriage, she opposed how it came about? Maybe she opposes the way the court system handled it. Maybe she approves of gay marriage, but doesn’t want to see Californians shat on to get it. Maybe she, like President Bush, opposes gay marriage, but supports the states, and not the courts, in deciding on their own to allow unions.

You’ve told us that you know how she thinks and used the claim that you don’t as a CYA.

What’s more, why don’t you answer NDT’s questions instead of replying with questions of your own? He’s not the issue here. If you can’t answer, just say so or ignore it. Don’t get all defensive and attack him (yes, you did) instead.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — January 2, 2009 @ 2:20 am - January 2, 2009

2. Oops! Forgot to close the quote. Here ya go!

Comment by ThatGayConservative — January 2, 2009 @ 2:21 am - January 2, 2009

3. Actually, it’s sarah antoinette helmsley who’s doing the issue here. She can’t answer the question, “If social consensus can decide pedophilia is unacceptable, why can’t a social consensus decide same sex marriage isn’t a privilege we want to extend just yet?” So, she dumbs it down to, “Are you saying all ghey people are pedophiles (paraphrasing)?” to steer the debate away from the awkwardness of her position, which can be summed up as “What I think should be, should be. Those who disagree are wrong and should be punished for their insolence.”

Comment by V the K — January 2, 2009 @ 8:17 am - January 2, 2009

4. Well, social consensus used to say slavery was acceptable, that segregation was acceptable, that a husband could rape his wife, that interracial marriage should be illegal. The process of changing laws in this nation is not solely dependent on what the social consensus is — all of these laws were changed not because social consensus changed, but because the courts studied the constitution and said that these things were unconstitutional. I don’t really understand why a gay person would inject pedophilia into a discussion about same sex marriage, but I can certainly be limited in my understanding of a person’s motives, as I’m sure you’ll agree.

So VtheK and NDT, I think this discussion has really reached an end point. Anything I say will merely be responded to with more name calling and ad hominem attacks, so I’ll just wish you a happy new year and good health and freedom in 2009. Oh, and I also condemn gay rights groups that advocate for having sex with minors, and parents who dress their children up in bondage outfits.

Comment by sarah — January 2, 2009 @ 12:33 pm - January 2, 2009

5. 152 Um, history lesson. Slavery, discrimination based on race, the end of both came from the ammendment process, not the courts. And the enforcing of laws, not the courts.

Indeed, the courts upheld slavery. See Dred Scott.

Comment by The Livewire — January 2, 2009 @ 12:47 pm - January 2, 2009

6. Oh, and Dan,

If you hold off two weeks, I’ll have a new girl in the area who would love to go. *laugh*

Comment by The Livewire — January 2, 2009 @ 1:20 pm - January 2, 2009

7. This is where the kind of mob rule sarah antoinette supports leads, as students at New School protest to remove president. His thoughtcrime? He supported the Iraq War.

Comment by V the K — January 2, 2009 @ 1:49 pm - January 2, 2009

8. […] am always fascinated by which of our posts lead to sustained comment threads. I had not expected my post announcing a dinner for blog-readers at Hollywood’s El Coyote would excite such […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Dinner at El Coyote Sunday 01/04 — January 2, 2009 @ 6:25 pm - January 2, 2009

9. Sarah….rock on.
    You are the only one sane voice out of all of these self loathing Uncle Tom’s Log Cabin homosexuals.
    I stumbled here by chance….Never to return.
    What a fu@ked up group….

Comment by Tex... — January 5, 2009 @ 8:15 pm - January 5, 2009

10. Tex,

how can we miss you if you never go away?

Comment by The_Livewire — January 5, 2009 @ 8:35 pm - January 5, 2009