The Passions of our Liberal Elites:
Hating Bush and Loving Obama with Similar Fervor

In his piece, “Bush Hatred and Obama Euphoria Are Two Sides of the Same Coin” in today’s Wall Street Journal, Peter Berkowitz builds on a point I made (building on a comment reader Leah made) nearly two weeks ago,  Obama Worship: Flip Side of Bush Hatred.

Finding that “Bush hatred and Obama euphoria . . . tend to reveal more about those who feel them than the men at which they are directed,” Berkowitz, like Leah, calls the two seemingly different phenomena, “opposite sides of the same coin:”

Both represent the triumph of passion over reason. Both are intolerant of dissent. Those wallowing in Bush hatred and those reveling in Obama euphoria frequently regard those who do not share their passion as contemptible and beyond the reach of civilized discussion. Bush hatred and Obama euphoria typically coexist in the same soul. And it is disproportionately members of the intellectual and political class in whose souls they flourish.

Berkowitz wonders why educated people preach and teach hatred:  “while Obama euphoria may fade as the 44th president is compelled to immerse himself in the daunting ambiguities of power, our universities will continue to educate students to believe that hatred and euphoria reflect political wisdom.”

Read the whole thing and join me in wondering why intellectuals are so enanamoured with animosity.

1. I wonder why anti-intellectuals are so enamored with animosity (Malkin, Coulter, Limbaugh, O’Reilley, Hannity, Dobbs, Wurzelbacher, Palin (and her rabid followers), Log Cabin Republicans, etc., etc.), and so devoted to the worst presidents in our Republic’s history (Regan and Bush)?

Comment by Timothy — January 31, 2009 @ 5:42 pm - January 31, 2009

2. a little projection, huh, Timothy? Please find evidence of animosity comeing from anyone listed above (save Coulter) on a par with Bush-hating liberals. I’m certain you won’t find any from Palin, Wurzelbacher or Log Cabin.

And your very rhetoric helps prove my point. Instead of defending your side, you merely attack my own, all without much evidence, but lots of animosity.

Thanks, Timothy, you made my day!

Comment by GayPatriotWest — January 31, 2009 @ 5:54 pm - January 31, 2009

3. Timothy,

Go back and read the WSJ piece referenced above. Reflect. Then look in the mirror. I think you’ll be shocked at what stares back at you.

Comment by MarkJ — January 31, 2009 @ 5:55 pm - January 31, 2009

4. Nice of a lefty and show up and prove the point of the post with the very first comment.

Comment by V the K — January 31, 2009 @ 6:12 pm - January 31, 2009

5. GPW, with the exception of Palin, LCR and Malkin – you’re allowed one lapse 🙂 , in my opinion the people mentioned in the first comment are not “your side”. Your ability to look at the bigger picture, admit flaws in some who call themselves conservative etc. is far more civilized than those sh*t throwers. The biggest problem I have with many conservatives is not their positions per se but the scum that they allow to influence them (and the left totally has their own scum). That said, this continuous “analysis” of Bush Hatred and Obama Euphoria proves that 1) there is a complete lack of understanding on the side those spouting it exactly how bad the Bush years were to many of us and 2) an obvious way to avoid looking at how viciously hostile and petty much of the right has been towards Obama since before he took office. It’s one thing to disagree with a person’s beliefs and actions but the anti-Obama rhetoric is vile. Whether it’s from the left or the right extreme attacks on politicians are unacceptable. Perhaps it’s time that the right stop and take a look at itself, an honest one, and then dump the BS that’s dragging it down and keeping it from successfully influence public opinion.

Comment by a different Dave — January 31, 2009 @ 6:21 pm - January 31, 2009

6. oops, all that typing trapped in the filter

Comment by a different Dave — January 31, 2009 @ 6:22 pm - January 31, 2009

7. Dave, take away the continued animosity toward Bush and you’ll see that the Bush years weren’t all that bad, save to the imagination of those who needed to be outraged when a Republican won elected to the highest office in the land.

Petty? Hostile? The right toward Obama? You’re kidding me? You’ve got to be kidding me. Anti-Obama rhetoric? Where, on some loony-tune right-wing blogs? From some commenters on this blog? And some isolated Hillary sites?

Contrast the well-trafficked conservative blogs with those on the right.

The right look at itself? Give me a break. Give me a blinking break. Compare our rhetoric to the left. We didn’t protest his election. Most of us call him “the president.” and on and on.

Stop projecting, address the point of the post and you engage in some introspection. This is a post on the Bush-hatred of the left. And instead of acknowledge it, you go and ascribe to the right the very qualities which have defined many segments of the left for these past 8 eights year. And which, in some sectors, in many sectors, continue today.

Comment by GayPatriotWest — January 31, 2009 @ 6:32 pm - January 31, 2009

8. On Inauguration Day, I was on a cruise ship where every TV was broadcasting the events. Fair enough. However, they could only receive FOX and many complaints were launched that they were forced to watch the BushNewsNetwork.

I found a guy in a Marine T-shirt and POW cap sitting in a prominent place reading Ann Coulter’s new book “Guilty.” He looked to be my age and a Vietnam vet. I stopped to chat and he invited me to join him. He returned to his reading with the book held upright and the cover in plain view.

The number of people who stopped to be abusive was breathtaking. Mostly, he was advised to go crawl under a rock or worse. (There were also those who stopped to pat his back, but the protesters really stood out.)

Finally, a woman got a steward and insisted that the man be removed from public view. She was shrill and overwrought. She created a show which drew fellow Obamanauts. Finally, a ship officer came by to review the situation. He knows me and so he asked my input.

I pointed out that the Marine’s shirt was not confrontational, his hat was common on the left and right and that there is no reason to demand that Ann Coulter’s book be wrapped in brown paper.

The Obamanauts screeched about reading Mein Kampf in front of the Holocaust Museum and other such stuff. Finally, my new acquaintance and I agreed to take a lower profile in order to help accommodate the ship and its “holiday” mission.

For several days, my friend found himself recognized and verbally abused. I was contracted by the ship to provide a lecture series and answer questions. I soon found that some of my review sheets were cluttered with low marks.

In years of fulfilling this type of “gig” I have had such high ratings, that I have to carefully manage my time in choosing the contracts I accept.

The Marine took four bullets in Viet Nam and retired after 26 years from NCO experience. He may not be a genius or even polished, but he is one of God’s children and he paid more than his fair share for the price of liberty. I am sure we could find many ideas that separate us politically and intellectually. I am satisfied that he was guilty of a certain amount of “theater.” But, as a person who often chats up people wearing “Che” shirts, I decided that this fellow might like to have someone at his side.

I have no concern that I will continue to “draw” large interest in my presentations, but this event has been a reminder of how fragile sanity is when you tread on the toes of a bigot.

While Bush Derangement Syndrome describes hatred by the looney left in their drive all things Bush into the swamps of purgatory, Obama Derangement Syndrome describes the adulation of the looney left to protect their Messiah from any aspect of criticism.

Comment by heliotrope — January 31, 2009 @ 6:52 pm - January 31, 2009

9. Allegations without proof are ADD’s stock in trade.

Comment by V the K — January 31, 2009 @ 7:05 pm - January 31, 2009

10. That was vivid, Heliotrope.

Comment by V the K — January 31, 2009 @ 7:06 pm - January 31, 2009

11. 1: It’s called deflection. All these true believers refuse to accept things as they are, so they come up with excuses. Take a look at at this blog: Almost every time the Republicans lose on something, they try to make excuses such as “they didn’t tell their message properly” or “it’s the fault of the MSM”. Look at the McCain implosion: refused to admit there was a financial crisis in this coutnry until too late, made one of the worst picks for a running mate in probably the history of politics…all of this pointed to a big loss. According to the folks here, Obama was elected because he’s somekind of messiah figure. gimme a break.

Comment by Kevin — January 31, 2009 @ 7:07 pm - January 31, 2009

12. exactly how bad the Bush years were to many of us

Yes, adDave, we all know how you and your fellow Obama Party members, especially gays, spent the last eight years in Bush-built concentration camps, being beaten, tortured, gassed, and left to die without free food, free medical care, and free no-show jobs.

And as for being vicious and petty, it is beyond amusing to watch the same gay liberals like yourself who insisted that Sarah Palin’s child was not her own, who claimed her husband was having incestuous sex with her daughters, and who boasted about hanging her in effigy to the TV news whine about how Barack Obama was allegedly treated by others.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — January 31, 2009 @ 7:15 pm - January 31, 2009

13. I was watching Fox News preesentation of the Inauguration at an upscale pub in Lansing,Mich.A late 30’s Flower Child commented ,”Ugh!It’s Fox news.And they’ve got-unknown to me – as a commenter.Who let this on?”
    I turned and remarked,”Some of my best friends are Liberal Arts Majors.Now,why don’t you go outside and play in the sweltering heat and let me watch the expensive coronation.”
    Pasue,Pause,pause;”Are you calling me stupid.?”
    “The fact you have to ask.”

Comment by Corwin — January 31, 2009 @ 7:15 pm - January 31, 2009

14. Ah yes, Kevin, the individual who insisted that the Bush administration was putting gays in concentration camps screaming about “deflection”.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — January 31, 2009 @ 7:16 pm - January 31, 2009

15. I remember in NYC when my co-worker participated in a civil McCain rally – he was spitted on, and called every name in the book as he walked the upper west side by these leftist so-called compassionate liberals. It was disgusting, and he is a veteran. I advised my daughter not to wear a McCain button while she took the train to college. In her class, her “professor” teaching psychology and putting up pictures of monkeys, had the nerve to post Bush’s picture next to the monkeys. The class laughed but my daughter felt offended but did not speak up. Why? Because the teacher has the power – she grades you. No on should have to go through this nonsense.

Comment by Krystal — January 31, 2009 @ 7:17 pm - January 31, 2009

16. Malkin: Her vitriol laden details of the inauguration. She was full of hate from the word GO!

Coulter: “on the Alicia Keys and Barack Obama, it is that all of these children of a black father who abandoned them and a white mother who raised them, they all identify with the ethnicity of their black fathers to establish victimhood status in America.” What a dumb ass thing to say especially from the “oh no, NBC canceled me, I am a victim, of look how terribly I am treated…” blah blah blah.

Limbaugh: “I WANT HIM TO FAIL” and you gay followers of the Oxy-Moron:

O’Reilley: “Far-left zealots want to destroy America so they can rebuild it as a socialistic paradise, a hyper-Sweden. Those people are dangerous, and we will watch them closely. The media is flat out corrupt and will not bring a skeptical eye to President Obama, because many in the press want the Sweden scenario and will spin and deceive to get it.” Garbage.

Hannity: “Barack Obama & Friends: History of Radicalism” a lie ridden “docudrama” hit piece with guests of questionable intellect and no regard for facts.

Dobbs: Lou Dobbs claimed that the economic recovery package passed by the House of Representatives “would allow people who don’t have Social Security numbers to be eligible” for the bill’s Making Work Pay tax credits and would therefore make undocumented immigrants “eligible for checks.” As Media Matters for America has documented, Dobbs’ claim is false. Dobbs appeared to be reading from a false Associated Press report that, by the time Dobbs made the claim, had already been revised to make clear that “[i]llegal immigrants without Social Security numbers could not get tax credits” under the stimulus bill. Lou Dobbs claimed that the economic recovery package passed by the House of Representatives “would allow people who don’t have Social Security numbers to be eligible” for the bill’s Making Work Pay tax credits and would therefore make undocumented immigrants “eligible for checks.” As Media Matters for America has documented, Dobbs’ claim is false. Dobbs appeared to be reading from a false Associated Press report that, by the time Dobbs made the claim, had already been revised to make clear that “[i]llegal immigrants without Social Security numbers could not get tax credits” under the stimulus bill. (oh, right, being conservative means never saying “I’m Sorry”)

Jewish man: “a vote for Obama is a vote for the death to Israel.” Wurzelbacher: “I’ll actually go ahead and agree with you on that one.”

Palin (and her rabid followers), “palling around with terrorists” Ridiculous accusation for woman married to a secessionist group that advocated waging war on the USA!

Log Cabin Republicans: Endorsed McCain even though he has a STRONG ANTI-gay record: Shame, shame, shame. Maybe their animosity is more internal – just a guess.

Comment by Timothy — January 31, 2009 @ 7:24 pm - January 31, 2009

17. Maybe bush didn’t throw gays in camps but he did:

and he was a proponent of head-up-the-ass “abstinence only” sex ed which is surely partly to blame for the piss-poor real world safer-sex messages our youth have been denied over the last 8 years (and arising rate of new infections). Must remember – CONDOMS ARE BAD BAD BAD!

Comment by Timothy — January 31, 2009 @ 7:35 pm - January 31, 2009

18. The proof that the Bush haters can’t give up their hate is evident right here on the comments to this blog.
    Suddenly bob, Kevin and Timothy show up and immediately start their hate filled screeds. Guys, if you don’t like conservatives, go elsewhere.
    You aren’t changing our minds and you’re not making yourselves look very good with your pettiness.

Heliotrope, your story is chilling.
    At this point I wish the love for Obama were so overwhelming that is all we heard – but the haters (yes, you bob) are becoming more strident and vocal. Go ahead, send more love and money over to your messiah Obama, maybe he can finally turn the thermostat down in the White House and get Fema out to Kentucky to help those poor freezing people.
    Oh yeah, they’re just poor white folk, never mind.

Comment by Leah — January 31, 2009 @ 7:40 pm - January 31, 2009

19. As an example of the problem with Timothy’s argument; notice how Timothy and his fellow leftist gays scream about McCain being “antigay” even though McCain voted against the FMA, but then support and endorse FMA supporters as “pro-gay”.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — January 31, 2009 @ 7:43 pm - January 31, 2009

20. Timothy, you keep making my points. You pull Rush out of context and link not his web page or a transcript with that expression in context, but a left-wing web-site with a record of misrepresenting conservatives.

What’s so hateful about O’Reilly’s comment? It’s not garbage, but a phenomenon that every liberal reporters have noted.

As to Hannity’s docudrama, I didn’t see it, but you fail to identify any of the lies within it.

And your criticism of Joe the Plumber is beyond amusing. There’s nothing racist in that, unless you believe reference to any black person counts as racism. Look how far you have to stretch to make your point.

And what’s wrong with Palin’s comment. Obama did pal around with a terrorist. Your criticism of Palin proves my point. You go on to attack her. Her husband’s group didn’t plant bombs. Not only did Ayers’s group plant bombs, he himself was involved in their manufacture and placement.

I’m all but laughing at your comment on Log Cabin. Note how you link a pro-Obama site to suggest that McCain has an anti-gay record. And once again, a leftist pulls out the self-hating canard to describe gay conservatives.

All your ranting and raving does, Timothy, is prove my point about the animosity of the left, so eager to attack Bush and conservatives, so reluctant to look at actual facts, wallowing in your own bias.

Just look at your links, almost all to left-wing sites. ‘Nuff said?

So, thanks, Timothy, the more you comment, the more you confirm my point. Seems you think that any time a conservative uses colorful language (or metaphor) to criticize a liberal, or just plain criticizes a liberal, it’s hate speech.

Comment by GayPatriotWest — January 31, 2009 @ 7:54 pm - January 31, 2009

21. Setting all the Obama and Bush hatred asisde for a moment this all points to a deeper potential problem for this country. The last time we faced an economic problem potentially this big and bad was the Great Depression. During the Great Despression there was an enormous amount of social stress and strife, but we were able to pull through that time becuase on both sides people believed that the guys on the other side wanted what was best for everyone.
    That is no longer the case. People on the left have spent the last eight years showing us on the right that they hate us in no uncertain terms. Now that they have burned their bridges with us they suddenly realize that they need this country to pull together. Unfortunately that isn’t going to happen anytime soon. The shine is already starting to wear off Obama. So now when things go wrong there will not be any forgiveness out there. The left will be forced to reap the seeds of hatered that they sowed.

Comment by southdakotaboy — January 31, 2009 @ 8:03 pm - January 31, 2009

22. I think Timothy is TIMMAY!

Comment by American Elephant — January 31, 2009 @ 8:08 pm - January 31, 2009

23. Technically, Kevin said that Republicans “would be be happy to see gays exterminated. The Bush haters at Americablog claimed the camps had already been built.

Meanwhile, Timmy just accuses anyone who criticizes his Dear Leader of “Hate.” None of the examples he cites comes close to the past eight years of left-wing derangement.

Comment by V the K — January 31, 2009 @ 8:13 pm - January 31, 2009

24. Heliotrope,

Your story is outrageous. Yet more proof that fascism is a thing of the left.

Comment by American Elephant — January 31, 2009 @ 8:19 pm - January 31, 2009

25. Hmm, lets look at Timothy’s quotes, eh?

From the post on Michelle’s site:
    “Awaiting the Obamapotheosis, the massive crowd on the mall has broken out into chants of “Obama! Obama! Obama!”
    But remember: It’s not about him.”

‘Ok, Aretha Franklin just melted my heart. Truly transcendent rendition of “My Country ‘Tis of Thee.”’

“Obama bungles the oath. The visible nervousness is humanizing.” (Maybe to Tim caling Obama human is insulting?)

Ann Coulter: no context, no link. Is Tim denying that Pres. Obama has no connection to slavery? or that he was raised by his white mother, but calls himself black? Or maybe Tim still supports the one drop rule.

Rush: Tim won’t link to the actual quote.

O’Reiley: care to disprove rather than denounce? Socialized healthcare is on the agenda. Pres. Obama said on This Week that he wants to dismantle Medicare advantage programs.

Hannity: So you’re saying that Bill Ayers isn’t a terrorist?

Dobbs: Because Illegals never engage in fraud with Social security numbers. And quoting media matters?

Wurzelbacher: Wow, so refering to a black dancer is racist now? Where’d he get his sheet? From Robert Byrd?

And considering Susan Powers, George Mitchell, and his first call being to the PLO?

Palin: Again false. And debunked, and she’s no more married to it than you are to reality.

LCR: Already covered.

Thank you for playing, you parting gifts include a years supply of reality.

Comment by The Livewire — January 31, 2009 @ 8:21 pm - January 31, 2009

26. Palin was never a part of any secessionist group, but Obama was a member of the Socialist New Party.

Comment by American Elephant — January 31, 2009 @ 8:26 pm - January 31, 2009

27. This issue is as simple as they come. Those who stand for values are hated. Those who stand for values and don’t take their “leftful” place in the grievance culture. (women, blacks, gays) are hated. Clarence Thomas, Condi Rice, Michael Steele, Sarah Palin for example.
    But what it really comes down to, is that these libs have no morals…none. They cannot abide anyone who points this out.

Comment by libocrat — January 31, 2009 @ 9:00 pm - January 31, 2009

28. Liberals don’t use facts to win debates.
    They use emotion, lies and diversion.
    Then they argue with rhetorical retorts never answering a direct fact based question.
    They believe that GOVERNMENT is their SECULAR MESSIAH and that THEY should control government and it’s purse strings TO THEIR ENDS.
    Liberals talk of virtue but never personally display much.
    In fact most liberals have disdain for moral people because moral people make libs feel guilty.

Comment by libocrat — January 31, 2009 @ 9:08 pm - January 31, 2009

29. The shine is definitely coming off Obama. His pathetic cabinets choices are not sitting well with most Americans, too many tax cheats when we(as private citizens) would face prosecution and prison if we failed to pay our taxes as so many of his choices have done. This is vetting? This is inexperience. I suspect that even his most ardent supporters on the left are begining to ask themselves just who this man is. Certainly, the MSM didn’t do the job of vetting him; they simply vilified his opponents.

I do not intend to call the man names or demonize him, much like his supporters have done to GWB, but I will take exception to his policies. As I’ve heard unendingly for the last 8 years, dissent is the highest form of patriotism. Unfortunately, the left failed to realize that dissent is fine, but demonization was unnecessary. Obama will fail because of the wrongness of his ideas and his overwhelming egotism. Already his foreign policy is producing exactly what I expected. He kisses Iranian ass, they flip him off. As much as I hate to think this, he is going to make Jimmy Carter look good by comparison. Never has a sitting president appeared so weak. If you think our enemies are not going to take notice, and action, you are mistaken. Better to be feared than scorned.

So, let us close Gitmo. Pray tell Mr. President, where will you put these evil men, and lets not delude ourselves as to their evilness. Shall we place them in civilian prisons? Why not, we got rid of such goodies as Jeffery Dahmer that way. San Fran Nan sure threw a hissy fit when someone suggested Alcatraz.

Mr. President, Iran demands an apology from the US. Will you give it? You have said that the US must take a new approach to the muslim world. With all due respect sir, maybe it is time for the muslim world to take a new approach to the rest of the world. Sort of like abandoning terrorism. This is naivette unlike any I’ve ever seen.

So to the Tims and the Kevins and the bobs, get your heads out of your assholes and realize we live in a very dangerous world. Kissing ass is not the way to protect a nation, and indeed, that is the presidents first and formost responsibility. Me thinks Obama assumes way too much about the nature of those who would see us dead.

Comment by John in Dublin Ca — January 31, 2009 @ 9:34 pm - January 31, 2009

30. I must have hit that damn filter again, and that was a long post.

Comment by John in Dublin Ca — January 31, 2009 @ 9:50 pm - January 31, 2009

31. #25 You gotta love the point by point dismanteling by livewire, nice job.
    Back to Timmy in #1, I’m still trying to find which number President “Regan” was. Tim must have missed the 100 million mourners that came out coast to coast when Ronaldus Magnus went to heaven in June of 2004.

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — January 31, 2009 @ 10:54 pm - January 31, 2009

32. Bad News, (and I do admit I’m trying to get some Obama “hate” going here….)
    Obama has gone to not wearing his suitcoat in the oval officel. One of the few Presidents to do so. Ronald Reagan was fond of saying he would never dispoil the office by doing that. Obama has also instituted casual weekend dress standards for the White House. he wants to be seen not wearing the traditional shirt and tie. So it’s shorts and flip flops for all. Lordy lordy look at all the freaks. I remember not too long ago standards dropped pretty far and women were being molested in the inner office, cigars…..were passed around, and other things. Guess Obama prefers the more relaxed attitudes.

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — January 31, 2009 @ 10:59 pm - January 31, 2009

33. #16: Timothy, you might try coming up with your own talking points. I agree with what Rush said (and I know what he said because I was listening that day – I don’t rely on Media Matters to tell me what to hear and think). When it comes to socializing medicine, the trillion dollar boondoggle, the assault on the private sector, and all the rest… I hope he fails.

I might also add that Bush took a lot of fire from conservatives… we’re slightly less inclined to deify politicians. Bush certainly wasn’t conservative.

#31: Gene – I might add that Obama keeps the office quite warm (I think Rahm Emanuel said it was “warm enough to grow orchids in there”). Is this the same Obama who told us (among other things) that we couldn’t continue to keep our homes at 72?

Comment by SoCalRobert — January 31, 2009 @ 11:41 pm - January 31, 2009

34. Filtered again.

Comment by SoCalRobert — January 31, 2009 @ 11:41 pm - January 31, 2009

35. Timothy and others I have a question.
    Where is FEMA BHO
    “… With nearly 1.5 million people in the mid-west without power during a cold snap, what other possible reason is there that this new “competent” administration and FEMA would be failing so spectacularly in helping in this natural disaster?

Of course, I am just aping what lefty blogs were saying about Bush less than 24 hours after Katrina’s hurricane winds stopped blowing. But AP is reporting that Midwest disaster relief people are none too pleased with our new president’s FEMA. …”

Comment by JohnFLob — February 1, 2009 @ 2:37 am - February 1, 2009

36. Wurzelbacher: “I asked the question but I still got a tap dance …almost as good as Sammy Davis, Jr.” Wow, was he wearing his sheet and hood when he said that?

If you can come up with a white tap dancer better than Davis or Hines, I might be inclined to believe you.

I can attest, from being a healthcare professional mostly during the 90s, that there was a growing trend in teens with STDs long before Bush even considered running for POTUS. For one, my mother was an office manager at a clinic down the street from an affluent, mostly liberal, high school. They frequently had kids from that school diagnosed with an STD of some sort.

Of course teaching kids that “it depends on what the definition of the word ‘jizz’ is” didn’t help. Teaching kids to go ahead and have fun with Mary Jane Rottencrotch didn’t help matters either. And yes, this was a school district with a Sex-Ed program in place.

Sorry, Timmy. I would have to say that you’re an ignorant and gullible fuck. The very idea that sexual health was going along swimmingly until 2001 is comparable to that POS Barney Frank claiming that Fan/Fred was doing just fine most of last year.

If you want to continue displaying your stupidity, please be my guest. It’s amusing watching you make a total ass of yourself. And yet, it’s pretty damn sad at the same time.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — February 1, 2009 @ 4:30 am - February 1, 2009

37. The cry baby lefties are doing a great job of proving your point. Keep up the good work lefties and don’t stop drinking the Koolaid!

Comment by ScottJay — February 1, 2009 @ 7:27 am - February 1, 2009

38. Cult of Obama now officially creepier than Scientology.

“Tell us what part of Obama is in you…”

Comment by V the K — February 1, 2009 @ 7:36 am - February 1, 2009

39. I love how you guys hate Media Matters for quoting Conservatives.
    They reprint entire transcripts & clips!
    How dare they use your words against you!

LOL. The right is funny.

Comment by Timothy — February 1, 2009 @ 8:49 am - February 1, 2009

40. #36 Also known as, I can’t refute facts, so I’m going to lie LOUDER to try to ignore you.

Comment by The Livewire — February 1, 2009 @ 9:09 am - February 1, 2009

41. 28: Funny, because your first 3 sentences describe exactly the way Republicans ruled for years.
    The whole Obama/Messiah thing is a creation of conservatives/republicans
    Next: Check with people like Newt, Senator Craig, etc, etc on that whole moral issue.

By the way: I love the term liberal elite. Does that mean all liberals are elite and there is no such thing as a conservative elite?

Comment by Kevin — February 1, 2009 @ 10:12 am - February 1, 2009

42. 14: You are wrong. You been repeating this from a posting / link that someone else mentioned about the time I first started reading/responding to this blog, so I’d really appreciate you getting your facts straight – but then again, there’s some weird belief you seem to have that if you keep repeating a lie over and over again, it eventually becomes true. It ain’t. On an internet blog, it doesn’t mean much, but luckily, the voters finally noticed and ousted a lot of republicans for doing the same thing.

Comment by Kevin — February 1, 2009 @ 10:16 am - February 1, 2009

43. #36 Timothy
    In the communication I received from Media Matters they completely misrepresented what Rush Limbaugh said on the Sean Hannity show.

Rush only hoped that BHO would fail in implementing his Marxist/socialisc programs, not that he fail as the POTUS. If you had seen the interview and read a fully and faithfully rendered transcript you would know that.

This is just one example to propaganda spewed by George Soros, his multitude of organizations. and talking heads. Remember George Soros claims he owns the Democrats, so they must do his bidding.

NO! I am basing my interpretation(s) of what Media Matters states from unreliable and biased sources. My interpretations are based on the frequent e-mails I receive directly from Media Matters.

Comment by JohnFLob — February 1, 2009 @ 10:28 am - February 1, 2009

Should have read
    NO! I am NOT basing my interpretation(s) of what Media Matters states from unreliable and biased sources. My interpretations are based on the frequent e-mails I receive directly from Media Matters.

Comment by JohnFLob — February 1, 2009 @ 10:30 am - February 1, 2009

45. #16 Timothy:

I have really tried to find your evidence in all your quotes. In every case, you have gone for the jugular when only a tap on the wrist was warranted, if at all. It is you who has taken opposition to your views and jacked it up to incendiary, nuclear diatribe.

1) Michelle Malkin (your link) is not the place to go for Chris Matthews “tingle up the leg” reporting. But “vitriol laced” are the words of a third grader who got called a “dirty birdie” on the playground.

2) The bi-racial world is a tough place to navigate. (I will speak from experience; I do not know your circumstances.) Black men in the United States on a purely statistical basis are as Bill Cosby points out, the source of great misery for blacks in general. It is the black custom to take the “one drop of blood” rule and judge people who are part black by whether they are authentically black or just an “Oreo.” Being “black” means you have to choose when to use your skin for access to the goodies and when to impress people that you can do the job in spite of your skin. That is because a massive “victim” system has been built, largely from white guilt, to make people, largely liberal whites, feel better about being seemingly superior. The soft bigotry of that way of thinking has been devastating to many black men who impregnate and run, shoot up and shoot out and become addicted to the low life. You might spend a little time in and around the projects and take a hard look at the “victims” who are perpetrating the misery. Then you might also ask what Barack Obama actually did in his “community organizing.” Does he have a staff of blacks he organized out of the ghetto? Or did he use the ghetto to organize himself to the Oval Office? Can you stand the truth, BOY?

The Limbaugh quote is tiresome. I will ask you to give the context and explain how the sound bite you selected reflects the truth. You have walked straight into Limbaugh’s trap. He made that sound bite knowing it would cause a fire storm of misquoting and attacks. He is playing you like a violin, because he knows you want to hate him. Meanwhile, he gets people talking about Obama’s blitzkrieg toward state socialism.

I could do the rest, but there is no real need. You seek out dissent and you find hate. You are like all idolators who can not accept the stain of human foible when it comes to their grand poohbah.

Social security is over promised and underfunded. Ditto for Medicare, Medicaid, Prescription Drugs for Seniors, SCHIP, Food Stamps, Freddie and Fannie, FDIC, farm subsidies, and multitudes of other government entitlements. We have a massive government debt and we count on selling bonds to the Chinese, Japanese and Saudis to keep our daily cost of government going.

Obama wants to lower Medicare to age 55. This stimulus package is full of expanded entitlement spending that will become permanent parts of budget base. Where will the money come from? Taxes and inflation. What will happen to your circumstances when your costs rise and your tax bill increases as well?

Perhaps you will be satisfied if the prosperity index sinks down to some level where everyone is afflicted with increased misery. I worked hard to reach my little piece of personal security and happiness. If you should happen to envy my circumstances, I can only advise you to show up on time with a willing attitude and to strive and to resist temptation and to keep your own common worth in perspective.

Obama is “promising” me a whole candy store of things I do not need from government, I did not pay for and I can take care of better on my own. You can not satisfy the amoral personality which is guided by the “principle” of “what’s in it for me.” Those are the guys who hook chains to ATM machines. They know what is in it for them. Those are the guys who siphon big money off their elected positions. Those are the guys who work their ways through multiple marriages and relationships. To continually play to the “victims” in society is to see society as so broken that it has to be professionally managed by community organizers. Forget passing the salt, it is bad for you and can not have it.

Comment by heliotrope — February 1, 2009 @ 10:59 am - February 1, 2009

46. #36 Also known as, I can’t refute facts, so I’m going to lie LOUDER to try to ignore you.

Comment by V the K — February 1, 2009 @ 12:14 pm - February 1, 2009

47. I happened across a blog entry commenting on some guy’s pet peeves with a particular gender that shall not be named here. I don’t agree with his generalization but looking at his list, I thought it describes perfectly the BDS libs. I think we all can think of examples of liberals fitting this list.

Excessively liberal
    Psychologically and emotionally disturbed

Comment by SoCalRobert — February 1, 2009 @ 12:16 pm - February 1, 2009

48. #34 I have friends in KY and there is devastation there from winter ice storms. Where the hell is Obama today?? What the heck is going on? Shouldn’t he be helping people? My God what a fraud. Where is the MSm outrage? Guess the standards are different for white folks in middle America.

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — February 1, 2009 @ 1:32 pm - February 1, 2009

49. Where the hell is Obama today??

Sitting in the White House with the thermostat cranked to 80, munching on $100-a-pound ham and steak hors d’ouevres, and asking Tom Dachle for tax tips.

Comment by V the K — February 1, 2009 @ 2:00 pm - February 1, 2009

50. Where is the MSm outrage?

Comment by V the K — February 1, 2009 @ 2:02 pm - February 1, 2009

51. whine, whine, whine. It’s going to be a LONG, LONG decade for you folks. Here’s a tip: come up with some ideas that benefit the American people…all the people…not just the rich.

Your party’s been trounced in landslide losses the past two national elections due to the dated policies of the GOP. Everyone, including Alan Greenspan, knows that laissez faire is a failure and the anti-choice platform is viewed as a negative for a full 75% of the general population. Get some real ideas, and dump the religious right, and quit being obstructionists, then maybe you’ll have a shot at winning a seat or two. Otherwise you’re doomed to be a minority party for the entire generation.

Comment by buckeyenutlover — February 1, 2009 @ 3:47 pm - February 1, 2009

52. Oh, I wouldn’t worry about that, buckeyenutlover, not when yours is becoming even more the party of lying criminal hypocritical tax cheats.

Do you honestly think your rhetoric of fear about back-alley abortions is going to overcome the fact that your party demands increasing taxes on everyone else, but lies and cheats to avoid paying them? It’s especially bad when one considers that the Obama Party is giving Federal dollars to groups like Planned Parenthood that encourage thirteen-year-old girls to cross state lines to have an abortion so that they don’t have to ask their parents or report the child sexual abuse to the authorities.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — February 1, 2009 @ 4:53 pm - February 1, 2009

53. According to the folks here, Obama was elected because he’s somekind of messiah figure. gimme a break.
    You obviously haven’t been paying attention to the millions of people who have said just that. His apparent messiah-like attributes praised by millions of liberals and affirmative action are exactly what got obama elected because he certainly isn’t qualified, as shown by his inept actions as President to date, as well as the unqualified nominations for for his cabinet. You’ve obviously chosen to live like an ostrich.

Comment by Felice — February 1, 2009 @ 5:18 pm - February 1, 2009

54. #50: it’s not going to be a long decade… it may be a long long century. Aside from the destructive nature of the continuing bailout and expansion of the goverment, the bill will have to be paid sometime. When you take in 75 years of future federal entitlement liabilities (Social Security, Medicare, gubmint pensions), the total is north of $57 trillion. A lot of us will be gone before then but future Americans will be swamped with tax and debt and cursing their elders.

As an aside, I see this story in today’s LA Times:

Obama preserves renditions as counter-terrorism tool – The role of the CIA’s controversial prisoner-transfer program may expand, intelligence experts say.

Is that the Hope ‘n’ Change you were counting on? (For the record, I think Clinton and Bush did the right thing using rendition as a tool in fighting terrorism.),0,7548176,full.story

Comment by SoCalRobert — February 1, 2009 @ 5:34 pm - February 1, 2009

55. Oh, and I left out the word cliche. Hostile, petty, cliche and repetitive drool. That is the state of right wing whining about Obama. And when it comes to folk like NDT, add lying, hallucinating and vomiting bile. For AE add masturbation as he looks in the mirror. Keep babbling about
    Bush hate, it’s better than looking at reality.

Comment by a different Dave — February 1, 2009 @ 5:36 pm - February 1, 2009

56. And reality, adDave, is that you and your Obama Party are funding clinics where thirteen-year-old girls are told to cross state lines to get abortions to avoid having to tell their parents or have those who got them pregnant arrested.

Worse, the Obama Party wants to strike down those laws requiring parents to be notified and increase the Federal funding to these clinics.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — February 1, 2009 @ 5:56 pm - February 1, 2009

57. “Well, you see, the MSM covering the devastation of millions of people because of the ice storm would not be helpful to the image of Obama or for promoting the Global Warming hoax.”

You forget, V the K, that these people are also in fly-over country, so they don’t really count.

Comment by Draybee — February 1, 2009 @ 6:00 pm - February 1, 2009

58. bnl,

Talk about ‘old fashioned’ We’ve a governour who’s trying to turn Ohio in to Michigan Lite, and a president who wants to turn the clock back 30 years. We’ve already hung Poland out to dry, I fear Israel, S. Korea and Taiwan are next.

Comment by The Livewire — February 1, 2009 @ 6:15 pm - February 1, 2009

59. I can understand why bnl and ADD want the Republicans to become a carbon copy of the godless socialist Democrats, but I don’t see what the point of that would be for the rest of us who care about, you know, America in terms of that freedom thing some of us still care about.

Comment by V the K — February 1, 2009 @ 6:54 pm - February 1, 2009

60. Differently Abled Dave,

Seriously, is it even possible for you to talk about me without talking about sex acts? Its beyond creepy. I promise you, you’re not my type. I like men.

Comment by American Elephant — February 2, 2009 @ 12:50 am - February 2, 2009

61. Here’s a tip: come up with some ideas that benefit the American people…all the people…not just the rich.

Why? I thought Chairman Obama has all the answers. It was my understanding that he was going to pay our mortgages and for our gasoline.

How do you reckon? And if Republican policies are “dated”, that means liberal policies are older than dirt.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — February 2, 2009 @ 1:18 am - February 2, 2009

62. TGC,

Democrat policies only go back to 1917. That’s the problem.

Oh, I need to add about Ted Strickland. He’s promising to raise the school budget almost a billion, but at the same time wants to extend the school year 20 days and still promising not to raise taxes. Wow, taking on the teachers unions, the school employees unions, and the tourism industry. Either he’s positioning, or we now know where all the testicular fortitude of the Republicans in the senate went.

Comment by The Livewire — February 2, 2009 @ 6:47 am - February 2, 2009

63. […] Read more here. […]

Pingback by The Passions of our Liberal Elites:Hating Bush and Loving Obama with Similar Fervor « Gay Reading — March 2, 2009 @ 8:24 am - March 2, 2009