Alternative Programming

Posted by Bruce Carroll at 7:35 pm - February 22, 2009.
Filed under: NASCAR

I find the Oscars have gotten more and more boring as I get older.

So we are enjoying the NASCAR race on HDTV right now.

So far the biggest factor in the race — rain.

Go Junior!

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. My kind of guy.

Comment by V the K — February 22, 2009 @ 7:37 pm - February 22, 2009

2. Oscars……………I haven’t watched them in 25 years. I think that George C. Scott had the right idea.

Comment by Swampfox — February 22, 2009 @ 8:32 pm - February 22, 2009

3. THE BEST PART HUGH JACKMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by PatriotMom — February 22, 2009 @ 8:57 pm - February 22, 2009

4. lol @ PatriotMom

Comment by American Elephant — February 22, 2009 @ 9:54 pm - February 22, 2009

5. I’m watching bull riding on VS.

Comment by Ashpenaz — February 22, 2009 @ 10:24 pm - February 22, 2009

6. I did such a good job of blocking out all the Oscars hoopla that I completely forgot they were on tonight until I came back in from walking my dogs and started reading blog references about them. I’m hoping it’s all over by now, but I’m not going to turn on the TV on the chance that the darn thing is still going on. I haven’t watched the whole broadcast in many years, and I’ve tried not to go near it ever since Michael Moore won his first Oscar.

Comment by Kurt — February 22, 2009 @ 11:50 pm - February 22, 2009

7. I didn’t watch the Oscars, but I can’t get myself to watch people drive either – just stuck in a movie and packed. :-)

Comment by Timothy — February 23, 2009 @ 12:27 am - February 23, 2009

8. You watch NASCAR….I bet you’re a top too! Yeah right!

Comment by DaveA — February 23, 2009 @ 1:36 am - February 23, 2009

9. Amazing Race

Comment by LCRW — February 23, 2009 @ 1:39 am - February 23, 2009

10. Failing to find hockey, I watched a rerun of ‘Psych’ that I had Tivo’d.

Comment by V the K — February 23, 2009 @ 5:03 am - February 23, 2009

11. I watched 31 Days of Oscar on TCM. You know, when Hollywood actually gave a shit about making a good movie. Finally saw Sunset Blvd. all the way through.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — February 23, 2009 @ 5:16 am - February 23, 2009

12. Iron Chef here.

Don’t ask me why I like it, I do. Though Gordon Brown needs poked with a sharp stick.

Oh, and the Clone Wars epsiode again. Yoda is the man.

Comment by The Livewire — February 23, 2009 @ 8:43 am - February 23, 2009

13. Best line, about the Oscar pre-shows, came from my son. He was practicing his putt while MM-partner watched the red carpet show on the downstairs TV… the one with two faggie swish boys and the incredible idiot female from ABC.

“Dad, I think you ought to see this. There are two guys doing a gay thing and erasing 50 yrs of progress by your team by acting out every gay stereotype on record.”

I asked him to let me know if they commented on the set design’s flowers; then we’d know we’d hit rock bottom.

Why do gays seem to flock to “make believe” industries and stoop to the superficial so often?

Comment by Michigan-Matt — February 23, 2009 @ 9:23 am - February 23, 2009

14. Though Gordon Brown needs poked with a sharp stick.

You mean Alton Brown. I love him, especially on Good Eats, but I hate his hair in the Welch’s ads.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — February 23, 2009 @ 3:44 pm - February 23, 2009

15. Shows how much I think of him, can’t even remember his name :P

I saw ‘The CHairman’ on a Scifi movie. A bad scifi movie. I don’t know which was worse, the stiff acting or that we were to buy Emma Lahana was 13.

Comment by The Livewire — February 23, 2009 @ 5:28 pm - February 23, 2009