LA Tea Party for Freedom

I’m now at a Santa Monica café with some of the cool people I met at the LA Tea Party for Freedom on Santa Monica Pier. We’re commenting on how friendly everyone. There was almost no name-calling and vitriolic attacks.  [GP comment:  Why would there be, no liberals were there. Too easy.]

I took a lot of pictures and here are some of the best. More to come.  And here are some more.

These colonial ladies are holding my sign:

UPDATE from Bruce (GayPatriot): Sen. Tom Coburn wrote on Twitter today, “new debt proposed by Administration’s budget is larger than the total amount of debt accumulated by the government from 1789 to today.”  Unfathomable, yet true.

1. [...] Plus, at Gay Patriot, pics from Los Angeles. [...]

Pingback by Instapundit » Blog Archive » IT’S COLD AND RAINY, but the Tea Party pictures are coming in via cellphone already. Here are a cou… — February 27, 2009 @ 1:50 pm - February 27, 2009

2. Fresno has a Tea Party, but it looks like it won’t happen till July 4th.

Comment by Sonicfrog — February 27, 2009 @ 2:27 pm - February 27, 2009

3. Sorry I missed it.

Comment by Peter — February 27, 2009 @ 2:45 pm - February 27, 2009

4. About how many people were at the Santa Monica Pier this morning? It just about killed me that I couldn’t be there, but I had to work. I will probably travel to the nearest July 4 tea party (probably Fresno, per SonicFrog above).

Comment by Mary in LA — February 27, 2009 @ 2:58 pm - February 27, 2009

5. Nice meeting you today at the “tea party!” Hope to see you again at Republican events. :-)

Comment by Iris — February 27, 2009 @ 3:10 pm - February 27, 2009

6. Great pics. I love people who show up for an event in historical attire.

Even some Democrats agree, This dude Obama is spending and taxing too much, too fast, at the wrong time.

Comment by Geena the Transgirl — February 27, 2009 @ 3:44 pm - February 27, 2009

7. I work with a bunch of California liberals. Even they see that Obama’s deficits, and Bernanke’s money creation, are way way too high. They don’t know what to do. They make gallows-humor type of jokes about how we’ll all be living through another bubble in 5 years and then the collapse of all civilization.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — February 27, 2009 @ 4:07 pm - February 27, 2009

8. Post some more pictures.

Comment by Clay — February 27, 2009 @ 4:39 pm - February 27, 2009

9. Clay, you can find more here.

Comment by GayPatriotWest — February 27, 2009 @ 4:46 pm - February 27, 2009

10. I never saw this publicized. I’m so sorry. I would have loved to have gone.

Comment by rrpjr — February 27, 2009 @ 4:49 pm - February 27, 2009

11. I doubt there was anything in the Triangle, where they, for one, welcome their new fascist overlords (Yes, I said fascist. Look at their economic beliefs and compare them to the current administration’s).

Comment by Attmay — February 27, 2009 @ 5:25 pm - February 27, 2009

12. Missed it, had to stay in OC to chaffeur family members (elderly and toddlerly) around.

Determined to be at the next one, with witty and provocative signage.

Comment by OSweet — February 27, 2009 @ 5:49 pm - February 27, 2009

13. Some more pictures here. Maybe we weren’t the biggest Tea Party in the USA, but it was awesome to help make this protest nation-wide and impossible to ignore.

Comment by Joe Maine-iac — February 27, 2009 @ 6:57 pm - February 27, 2009

14. [...] a dozen showed up in Asheville, NC. Almost 10 people made it to the Buffalo, NY, protest. About 100 people throughout all of Los Angeles came out to Santa Monica Pier. All of about 300 people made it out throughout the entirety of [...]

Pingback by Sad, Irrelevant People: “Tea Parties” Fizzle — February 27, 2009 @ 10:19 pm - February 27, 2009

15. [...] goofed up for some reason]). See also Hot Air, Michelle Malkin, the Repurblican, Gateway Pundit, GayPatriot, Riehl World View, Ace of Spades, and a whole bunch of others for details. The biggest one was in [...]

Pingback by Moe Lane » A roundup of today’s Tea Parties. — February 27, 2009 @ 10:46 pm - February 27, 2009

16. [...] goofed up for some reason]). See also Hot Air, Michelle Malkin, the Repurblican, Gateway Pundit, GayPatriot, Riehl World View, Ace of Spades, and a whole bunch of others for details. The biggest one was in [...]

Pingback by A roundup of today’s Tea Parties. - Moe_Lane’s blog - RedState — February 27, 2009 @ 10:46 pm - February 27, 2009

17. [...] goofed up for some reason]). See also Hot Air, Michelle Malkin, the Repurblican, Gateway Pundit, GayPatriot, Riehl World View, Ace of Spades, and a whole bunch of others for details. The biggest one was in [...]

Pingback by A roundup of today’s Tea Parties. — But As For Me — February 27, 2009 @ 11:40 pm - February 27, 2009

18. I would like to know where all you ‘patriots’ were when GW marched us into a war that has cost this country 10 Billion per month and many hundreds of thousands of lives?

I suppose you don’t mind paying for killings? But the second we talk about helping people IN THIS COUNTRY, you freak out.

Get some education you morons.

Comment by tbaker — February 28, 2009 @ 1:17 am - February 28, 2009

19. [...] at GayPatriot attended the LA Tea Party on Santa Monica [...]

Pingback by Greenville Tea Party Draws 2,000 Protesters : Jenn Q. Public — February 28, 2009 @ 1:40 am - February 28, 2009

20. Good meeting you there today. Considering that we had nothing in the works at dinner time on Tuesday I thought the whole thing ended up being all right.

Comment by Stephen Kruiser — February 28, 2009 @ 2:25 am - February 28, 2009

21. [...] goofed up for some reason]). See also Hot Air, Michelle Malkin, the Repurblican, Gateway Pundit, GayPatriot, Riehl World View, Ace of Spades, and a whole bunch of others for details. The biggest one was in [...]

Pingback by A roundup of today’s Tea Parties. | Social Debate of our President's decisions — February 28, 2009 @ 2:44 am - February 28, 2009

22. “new debt proposed by Administration’s budget is larger than the total amount of debt accumulated by the government from 1789 to today.“

I read from WWII to today, but still…..

The libs whine about the cost of Iraq, but Vietnam was cheaper than this anal rape. At least with Iraq and Afghanistan 50 million people were freed from tyranny. With Chairman Obama, at least 300 million are entering indentured servitude.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — February 28, 2009 @ 5:22 am - February 28, 2009

23. Nuts!

The only “costume” I have is mid-19th century U.S. Army (regulars) infantry uniform.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — February 28, 2009 @ 5:54 am - February 28, 2009

24. This is simply awesome. I’ll be back to read some more on your blog. I salute your efforts to win back freedom for all.

Comment by HoosierArmyMom — February 28, 2009 @ 8:31 pm - February 28, 2009

25. For T. Baker, Fascist.

I suppose when your buddy Barry Hussein Chimp gets us into worse wars than Bush ever did, because of his appeasement of the Islamohitler world, you will enlist, right?

If not, please shut the heck up. I’d be more blunt but I’m not a little foaming at the mouth Nazi like your hero K. Olbermann.

Barry will not only waste money on government projects that really won’t help us or re-open any closed stores, but through his pro-Muslim policies will get us involved in future wars.

Remember he is giving Hamas $900 Million Dollars – What are Linen and Things or Circuit City getting?

Care to respond, T. boy?

Comment by Alan — February 28, 2009 @ 9:17 pm - February 28, 2009

26. But the second we talk about helping people IN THIS COUNTRY, you freak out.

Get some education you morons.

Perhaps you’d be so kind to educate us on how, exactly, the porkulus helps anybody?

Plus, I find it hillarious that liberal fucktards would bitch about spending a few billion in Iraq, but have no qualms with Chairman Obama throwing trillions at all his cronies who hold out their hands.

Please tell me how you can reconcile that.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — March 1, 2009 @ 5:16 am - March 1, 2009

27. [...] LA Tea Party for Freedom [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Groucho Marxists — March 1, 2009 @ 1:00 pm - March 1, 2009

28. [...] about their failure to cover the “tea party” protests.  Heck, at the LA Tea Party I attended, held during the workday at a spot far from centrally located and not well-publicized, we had more [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Will MSM ever cover protests that do not fit prevailing notion of what a protest should be? — March 22, 2009 @ 12:37 pm - March 22, 2009