What Happens When You Slur “Tea Parties”

Posted by GayPatriotWest at 9:18 am - April 17, 2009.
Filed under: Arrogance of the Liberal Elites,New Media

CNN flops in ratings.

If you’re in the cable news business you fall behind what CNN reporter Susan Roesgen called the “right-wing, conservative Network” (FoxNews).  In fact, you fall so far behind that on the day of the protests, if you combined that “news” network’s Prime time numbers with those of another network which slurred the protests, MSNBC,”  you still wouldn’t equal the “right-wing” network’s numbers.  And heck, we’ll throw in Headline News (to the CNN and MSNBC side) for good measure.

A smart young blogger wonders if Ms. Roesgen is trying to replace Matthew Lesko, given how she confronted “a Chicago Tea Party protester and looks in the camera and says, “Did you know that the state of Illinois gets $15 billion in stimulus?” Guess the infomercial style is not conducive to ratings.

This blogger finds her reporting to be

. . . a symptom of a bigger issue: the extreme polarization of the media and it’s viewers. Encouraged by the rise of the internet and more choices, people are seeking out news they agree with on ideological lines. . . .

This was happening to a lesser degree with cable news. FOX News filled a void for conservative-leaning networks when it launched in 1996 in a vastly liberal media environment. They have always leaned conservative, and the rest of the major news channels might have been somewhat liberal due to the media atmosphere as a whole, but not because they went out of their way to do so.

He suggests that CNN is tilting left “to win back some of MSNBC’s audience.”  This precocious college student is onto something.   So, just read his post to see why he believes this new tack isn’t working.

1. People “seeking out news they agree with on ideological lines. . . . ” are frustrated by “news” which is ideological, not factual. I like the FOX tag of “we report, you decide.” But FOX along with all the rest, has its line-up of ideological pundits who interpret the news on their various programs named for the host.

One of the reasons I admire Glenn Beck is because he puts the sources out there for you to chase down. I find it hard to watch Maddow, Cooper, etc. because they are great at crafting opinion, but weak on backing them up.

This Susan Roesgen creature clearly had her agenda boots on when she walked all over the Chicago tea party. She was prepared to meet and battle the cretans of her own mind and she was satisfied she found them.

CNN may well be trying to snake MSNBC’s tiny share, but that still avoids the point. Why go after the pit when the whole avocado is available? If CNN were to be straight news people, they could get their share of those who adore Obama and those who did not vote for him. That is where the real numbers are.

Comment by heliotrope — April 17, 2009 @ 10:44 am - April 17, 2009

2. Dan, I enjoyed reading Mitchell Blatt’s commentary on the CNN-MSNBC battle for 2nd place. It was a pleasant surprise to be led over there, too.

Fox has clearly come out on top of the Tea Party coverage –I think OReilly noted last night that their coverage beat CNN-HLN, MSNBC, & CNBC combined. Ouch. The latest Dem Talking Pt is to say that OReilly lied because if he included ComedyCentral’s news programs, the lopsided advantage is somewhat reduced… lol.

But of all the days that Michael Steele should have been making the rounds as a pundit congratulating Tea Party goers and empathizing with their concerns –while again admitting that the GOP of the past got it wrong– yesterday was one of the most important he missed.

And no, that isn’t to say that the GOP should have taken over the Tea Party events… it’s to say that, like Gingrich or Choc-ula, Steele should have been making the media rounds striking some spikes home for the GOP. He chose to be in Illinois; his mistake. He needs some informed, savvy staff handlers, fast.

Comment by Michigan-Matt — April 17, 2009 @ 11:38 am - April 17, 2009

3. On the website, http://www.OurCountryDeservesBetter.org has listed the e-mail addresses to protest or comment on CNN reporter Susan Roesgen¨s attitude in her covering the Chicagao Tea Party. They are CNN Executive VP, Ken Jautz, ken.jautz@cnn.com and to CNN Chairman adn CEO, Phil Kent. phil.kent@turner.com. I wrote and urged that Susan be disciplined and make a public apology. I was taught the
    reporter is suppposed to stick to the fire ¨w´s¨ and not to editorialize or enter into a confrontation.

Comment by Roberto — April 17, 2009 @ 12:00 pm - April 17, 2009

4. #3 – Roberto, NewsBusters.org is now reporting that Susan Roesgen’s e-mail has been disabled at the CommieNewsNetwork. Here it is:

I guess this network really does believe in silencing dissent. No wonder their ratings are going down faster than a cheap hooker’s mini-skirt in a sleazy motel.

For once, John Edwards was right: there are 2 Americas. One for patriots, and one for CNN and its viewers.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — April 17, 2009 @ 12:36 pm - April 17, 2009

5. Michigan-Matt, Mitchell Blatt is my nephew. Smart guy. Keep an eye on his site!

Comment by GayPatriotWest — April 17, 2009 @ 12:37 pm - April 17, 2009

6. Ahhh, ok. I thought the last name was special but I couldn’t pin it down as to why. Thanks. I will.

Comment by Michigan-Matt — April 17, 2009 @ 12:40 pm - April 17, 2009

7. Peter, I think you need to stop insulting cheap hookers like that.

Comment by The Livewire — April 17, 2009 @ 1:26 pm - April 17, 2009

8. Turns out that Fox-bashing scrunt CNN reporter at the Chicago Tea Party applied twice to work at FoxNews.

Comment by V the K — April 17, 2009 @ 1:50 pm - April 17, 2009

9. Peter H,

Maybe they are putting her on “paid” leave?

Comment by Pamela — April 17, 2009 @ 4:35 pm - April 17, 2009

10. I’m calling for a Boycott of Comedy Central and all the other agencies that attack the fine people that stood up and Said No to irresponsible government spending! I ask that you post my boycott request here and anywhere else you can think of! We need to let them know we’re not a small group and we’re not going anywhere.

Comment by Matthew — April 17, 2009 @ 7:41 pm - April 17, 2009

11. Matthew, let’s not boycott Comedy Central.. I do need a laugh and I think we can laugh at ourselves because the Daily Show and Colbert Report are satire (yes, sometimes to the extreme). But the MSM is not satire, and they are something to boycott. Wanted to share with everyone our local Colorado Springs site: http://www.cspringsteaparty.com/Video/Video.html. It’s a compilations of videos from YouTube protestors posted. Enjoy!

Comment by TacAirlifter — April 17, 2009 @ 10:45 pm - April 17, 2009

12. Susan Rosgen was once a newscaster in New Orleans. I can’t remember what local station she worked for, but she was not to good at her job. I guess she figures bashing concerned Americans will make her better. Glad she’s no longer in New Orleans.
    Phil

Comment by Phil — April 18, 2009 @ 8:41 am - April 18, 2009

13. I am willing to bet that Millions of people would not know her at all if she hadn’t shown up at a ‘Tea Party!’

Comment by Sheri — April 18, 2009 @ 9:53 am - April 18, 2009

14. Wooden nickels, three-dollar bills and pink slips are just some of the items we should bring to Washington on October 2nd! They are all worth more than the “change” we’ve received from this administration. And now that the “mainstream media” has insulted us all, and our Speaker-of-the-House referred to us as “Astroturf”, the call is more urgent and imperative than ever. Either they are in denial or they are on their heels, scrambling for position, and can be overwhelmed if we keep up the pressure and our solidarity.

Our veterans are energized like never before, and that’s only the ones who’ve heard. As the word spreads, the anger will simmer, then boil over. To insult and alienate our brave heroes is reckless endangerment of themselves. To paint them with such a vile brush, profiling them as terrorists, was outrageously shameful.

Our greatest generation isn’t completely gone yet, thank God. Perhaps that’s because another is needed to fill their shoes before they can leave this nation behind and enjoy their rewards. Ours is the generation entrusted with the future of the next. We obviously haven’t been doing a very good job, until lately. Admit it, I do. Take the disgrace of failure and turn it into resolve. Start planning now, be there, October 2nd on The Mall!

Besides, this gathering will certainly have some keepers! Bring the cameras and friends. It’s not too far to drive, depending on the passengers. It’s not an expensive flight, (cheaper than a flight to another country!) I’m sure there will be buses. My favorite travel memories have been bus trips with friends and strangers, looking forward to an event. My favorite was one to and from a long-distance wedding in New Jersey, where I only knew a couple people. What a blast a bus ride can be!

This march will make all others pale in comparison because this march is one which will be made up of genuinely concerned citizens, just like you, me and the others that were at the Tea Parties, all gathering forces. Buses, cars, vans, planes, trucks, bikes, horses, and even rickshaws will ride into town if we all want it to happen. Let’s make our children proud. Let’s honor our founders. Let’s see if we can make Pelosi’s eyes pop out even further!

Posted Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:28 AM by mogabe | 0 Comments
    Filed under: Tea Party, Politics

Comment by mogabe — April 18, 2009 @ 10:38 am - April 18, 2009

15. Actually that insipid CNN reporter said it was the state of Lincoln, not Illinois, and the individual was going to get back $400.00. My 88 year old parents who live on S.S. and a small pension got back $200.00 and they have not paid tax or filed a tax return in 25 years. They are the true immigrants who built this country without any hand outs so they certainly deserve it, however, how many other people who do not pay tax are receiving money for nothing.

Comment by Brice — April 18, 2009 @ 11:14 am - April 18, 2009

16. I wonder if every major city had their left wing agitators assigned to try to stur up issues so they could report the Tea Parties were just a bunch of red necks.
    We had our agitator in St Paul also.

Comment by Sam Smith — April 18, 2009 @ 12:13 pm - April 18, 2009

17. I wonder how much the tea parties cost each city in overtime pay as they had to have the police out there watching all of us “Radicals” to be able to report us to the DHS and the FBI.

Comment by Judy Rea — April 18, 2009 @ 4:14 pm - April 18, 2009

18. I went to a tea party in Missouri. There were no anti-tea-party agitators. But I am pretty sure there were a quite a few “rednecks” as they say. They are wonderful people who are not racist, all kinds of ethnicities and races were there. I would say somewhere between three and five hundred and it was great. Everyone who wanted to was given a chance to speak. Representives, both democratic and republican, students, teachers, pastors, everyone was given a opportunity. Funny thing is there was only one policeman, quite a nice gentleman. My son is a policeman and he said policemen were not really that concerned because conservative people are not normally violent. See they know!

Comment by Lindia Williams — April 18, 2009 @ 11:15 pm - April 18, 2009

19. I spent the last couple of days watching the news and even checking the cable stations and local stations to see the coverage of the tea parties, and our party in Phoenix and saw nothing. But the slurs were there, comments about teabagging, etc. So I did what any responsible citizen should do. I went to the website for the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) and filed an official complaint against CNN and MSNBC for biased reporting and making homosexual references about the people at the tea parties. I don’t know if anything will come of my complaint, and maybe I was not the only one (hopefully who registered a complaint. You can do it by going to FCC.com if you like. I did what I thought was best. I hope you do the same.

Comment by william redmon — April 19, 2009 @ 1:20 am - April 19, 2009

20. Actually it’s fcc.gov. And i am going there right now.

Comment by brien smith — April 19, 2009 @ 7:24 am - April 19, 2009

21. I think we should search out their ADVERTISERS and boycott THEM… THAT will make the point better than anything we could do.

An Apology won’t mean Jack, because they’ll just continue. The only thing their ideology will understand is that if we’re just stupid, radical rednecks, we’ll spend our money ELSEWHERE. Take down the sponsors, you take down ALL the reporters. Their ratings are in the tank already, and removing MORE monetary support will hurt them even more.

Comment by robin in VA — April 20, 2009 @ 7:02 am - April 20, 2009

22. We have 20 month’s then we can vote out everyone of those idiots that called us “astro turf”. They really will not realize thier incredible screw up untill all the idiot’s in congress are voted out and the liberal media are asking for a bail out because nobody is watching them. Not to mention the incredible slap in the face to all our vetren’s by the D.H.S. We do have to show them we are not going away or going to shut up!

Comment by ROB ROY — April 20, 2009 @ 2:09 pm - April 20, 2009