Why IS The Left So Darned ANGRY?

Although we have touched on this many times here, a number of bloggers and even MSM figures (including WaPo’s Dana Milbank) are suddenly “discovering” the vitrolic nature of American Liberals.

Here was a particularly good point from earlier this week:

They Won

So why is the left still angry? Glenn asks: “maybe it’s become a habit.”

“Become” a habit? It seems to me it’s an intrinsic feature of leftism, which is based on a permanent state of envy, class warfare and seeking “social justice” and “equality.” Which is why it is leftists (from Hitler to Stalin to Mao and Pol Pot) who have been responsible for hundreds of millions of violent deaths over the past century. You have to break the eggs to make the social-justice omelette through the collective will. It’s not individualists who do that kind of thing.

Maybe it is a genetic issue? I mean they even were rooting for the USA to lose in Iraq.  They were rooting for insurgents to kill our own troops.  WTF?

I also think that the Left became clinically insane on December 12, 2000 … and they haven’t recovered.  Not even an attack on their nation has stopped their progression into insanity.

IMHO.

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

1. Would that it was only Y2K spill-over! LOL

Read some of the nonsense they were churning out about the Nirvana that was fascist Italy in the 30′s, or the low unemployment in the USSR, or the great healthcare in communist Cuba… this is at least four generations of blinkered stupidity.

Best wishes,
    -MFS

Comment by MFS — April 24, 2009 @ 3:33 pm - April 24, 2009

2. Why are they so angry incompetence, SEE Janet Reno so now they go back to Bashing Bush because that is all they can do React, they don’t have any ideas. This is Producer vs Collectivist. I love when any of them mention how productivity of the American People because all they are thinking of is how they can exploit, and get some of their hard earned production wages, in the form of punishing taxes…surreal.

My Week In Review, The Tortured edition, Torture the Slow Burn.

Comment by keyboard jockey — April 24, 2009 @ 3:33 pm - April 24, 2009

3. I know it’s a cliche, but I honestly they hate themselves.

The one thing all miserable people have in common, is they want everyone else to be miserable with them.

Comment by V the K — April 24, 2009 @ 3:40 pm - April 24, 2009

4. They have a great deal to be anger about….THEY chose the wrong man for the Presidency for the wrong reasons.

Comment by PatriotMom — April 24, 2009 @ 3:45 pm - April 24, 2009

5. I figure liberal women are angry because they’re ugly and hungry.

Comment by Julie the Jarhead — April 24, 2009 @ 4:10 pm - April 24, 2009

6. They were practically promissed 40 acres and a mule by Chairman Obama and it hasn’t happened. Plus, they’re seeing, with Government Motors, what happens when Big Brother gets in the business. Some not totally drunk on Kool-Aid may be discovering that they were wrong all along.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — April 24, 2009 @ 4:36 pm - April 24, 2009

7. But he will spend $13 billion on commuter rail and, I suppose, make the trains run on time.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — April 24, 2009 @ 4:37 pm - April 24, 2009

8. #5 – I agree. Ever seen a liberal babe?

Me neither.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — April 24, 2009 @ 4:51 pm - April 24, 2009

9. Since when can left wing governments get the trains to run on time? Check out the crisis in NSW, Australia.

Comment by Aussie — April 24, 2009 @ 5:09 pm - April 24, 2009

10. The left are angry because they are the true slaves of those who have exploited them within the teaching institutions.

When I went through university the anti-Vietnam demonstrations were at their height. I am a graduate of Melbourne University, Victoria, Australia. I grew up with the demonstrations on the street.

The university life was probably not so chaotic, but I have to admit that within the tutorial system it is easy for a tutor to work on the students.

This also ties back to people like Obummer being teachers or lecturers at university or college level. They are given an unique opportunity to influence their students. The students these days are not primed to be able to distinguish the various methods of persuasion within speech or writing. They just take it in and they do not question what they are being told.

Instead of being able to look clearly at an issue the left no longer has that capacity. They see themselves as being the elite, or at least they see themselves as being very intelligent. In reality they are not so intelligent because they do not have the mind of a John Maynard Keynes, who had one of those magnificent enquiring minds.

Comment by Aussie — April 24, 2009 @ 5:15 pm - April 24, 2009

11. Anger usually comes from disappointment and ignorance. Some of the angry liberals I know (actually, that’s most of them) graduate from college intent on changing the world, armed with all kinds of ignorant assumptions, slogans, misdirected emotion, and wrong-headed politics. Those that didn’t graduate in the hard sciences soon find out that their degrees are largely worthless in a world that values results more than their theories. They resent a meritocracy and work to undermine it or simply seek employment that is safe from such petty considerations as performance and deadlines, meaning the public sector. And they cannot understand why everyone is so busy working (earning the taxes that pay many of their salaries) instead of paying attention to their pet causes.

What’s more interesting is that they live like most conservatives. They pay their bills, love their kids and send them to the best schools they can afford, treat their neighbors with respect (as long as they don’t know you’re a conservative), etc. Their liberalism has more to do with idealism disconnected from the lives they’re living and an overriding concern with “others” — the poor, disenfranchised, minorities, the persecuted, Mother Earth — folks they’d never invite for hors d’oeuvres (because actually meeting those they claim to care about would challenge their fantasy that the poor are entirely innocent victims), but claim they hold in great concern (not for the sake of the poor themselves, but for the sake of their own self-esteem).

Comment by Ignatius — April 24, 2009 @ 5:53 pm - April 24, 2009

12. I have a Facebook friend who is a hardcore lefty. (She’s a former roommate of my wife, who happens to be conservative like me.) Yesterday she posted about how she got arrested last week for participating in some protest where they trespassed onto Lockheed-Martin property to protest all the weapons LM makes. (Naturally, I came away feeling a mixture of sympathy and increased enthusiasm for LM and their products.) So, is she a pacifist? Maybe. Well, today she posts about five people she’d like to punch. (In her defense, Rod Blagojevich was one of them.) The others were Ann Coulter, Dick Cheney, Fox News (how do you punch a TV network?), and Norm Coleman. It may all be in jest, but I don’t get how some liberals, this friend in particular, still feel angry enough that they want to share with everyone how they want to punch certain people, even after decrying violence a day earlier.

Comment by cme — April 24, 2009 @ 9:14 pm - April 24, 2009

13. When I went through university the anti-Vietnam demonstrations were at their height.

You know, I look at those videos (born in 73) and I always wonder just how many of them actually gave a crap about it and how many were doing it because everybody else was.

But then I wasn’t there.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — April 25, 2009 @ 2:09 am - April 25, 2009

14. Well, I must say they’re so angry because they’ve got something to fight for. Better than being a gay republican, and sitting back and watching your party not just take your rights away, but SPECIFICALLY PREVENT YOU FROM HAVING THEM. Some people fight when they see things as wrong, and some people sit back and take it. I guess I’d rather be in the former category, and at least have the good mind that I tried.

Comment by Anonymous — April 25, 2009 @ 7:39 am - April 25, 2009

15. I saw this study (can’t remember where) that showed that people who are negative in nature tend to be political liberals. Vice versa for people with happy natures (they tend to be politically conservative). It implies that our intrinsic characters dictate where we fall on the political spectrum. Negative people like to hang with angry liberals.

Comment by Juju — April 25, 2009 @ 12:02 pm - April 25, 2009

16. I recently watched a YouTube video where a liberal journalist voluntarily undergoes waterboarding to explore whether it is torture or not. (if people volunteer for it, it aint torture — but I digress.) At the end of the video, he lets slip a gem which explains much about liberalism, and answers your question to boot. He casually admits, “I’ve spent a lot on psychotherapy.”

Studies already show that Republicans and conservatives are happier than liberals, that Democrats are much more likely to rate their own mental health as poor, while Republicans are more likely to rate theirs as excellent. We know that pot use drastically increases the chances of developing psychoses and that its reaaal popular on the left. I mean this very sincerely, and I don’t mean it as name-calling, I think a very large number of liberals, perhaps even a majority, suffer from serious mental issues from depression to low self-esteem issues to being simply unable to cope.

I think if we did another study, we would find the vast majority of Americans in psychotherapy are liberals.

And for good reason.

Comment by American Elephant — April 26, 2009 @ 7:30 am - April 26, 2009

17. I know I’m a lot happier, more optimistic, and healthier than my few liberal friends.

I never see them smile. They usually always wear dark clothes. All they can do is whine about Bush/Cheney/Gingrich/whatever.

And I’m much cuter. :o

Comment by Julie the Jarhead — April 26, 2009 @ 9:27 am - April 26, 2009

18. I also think that the Left became clinically insane on December 12, 2000

It think so too, I lost a few friends that month, especially after the Kerry election as well, it’s like all my “liberal” friends turned into rabid hatemongers. I could barely even understand. All I could see is people spewing hate at me who I thought at least was their friend, and at everyone else that disagreed with them. And all that venom was in the name of “brotherly love”.

I thought it was because most of my friends are in theater and maybe theater people are a little more extreme. But it’s just the way so many people are.

I do know a handful of conservatives that are the same, I don’t talk to them either, (well except my mother), I don’t have time for toxic people.

Comment by plutosdad — April 29, 2009 @ 9:29 am - April 29, 2009

19. [...] been more bitter than magnanimous in the wake of their victories last fall.  We’ve addressed this before.  Byron York asked, “In time of victory, why is the left so [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » No Magnanimity from Victorious Democrats — May 5, 2009 @ 3:37 pm - May 5, 2009