Perez Hilton Gives Obama Pass for Same Stand
Which Earned Beauty Queen a Tongue-lashing

Posted by GayPatriotWest at 1:18 am - April 27, 2009.
Filed under: Gay Marriage,Liberal Hypocrisy,Pop Culture

Welcome Instapundit Readers!!

We here at GayPatriot never tire of showing how many leading of the national gay organizations show greater loyalty to the Democratic Party and its candidates than they do to gay people and our issues.  This goes back at least to 1996, when the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) refused to rescind its endorsement for then-President Clinton when he, in the dead of night, signed the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).

Look at how Charles Kaiser (just after the 2:30 mark) tries to excuse Clinton for signing Don’t Ask/Don’t Tell (DADT), the ban on gays serving openly in the military.  He blames a Republican instead.  Nor does this activist and author have a problem with the Democratic candidates’ position on gay marriage (this was during the run-up to the 2008 Democratic primaries).  And see how Endora-winning blogress Tammy Bruce takes him to task:

This gay activist, like the heads of the gay organizations, give Democratic leaders a pass for taking the same stands for which they would excoriate Republicans.

It seems celebrity blogger Perez Hilton has learned a thing or two from them.  Everyone who owns a computer or television set knows by now how he insulted Carrie Prejean, Miss California, calling her response “awful,” “the worst in pageant history” when, during the final round of this year’s Miss USA pageant, she said she believed “marriage should be between a man and a woman.”  Incidentally, she holds the same position on marriage as does the President of the United States.

Shouldn’t he then call the Democrat’s stand an “awful” position?

Of course not.  That (D) after Obama’s name renders him immune from criticism for taking the same stands which might earn a tongue-slapping for a Republican (or Republican-appearing pageant contestant).

From Jehuda on the Rhetorican, we learn that “Perez Hilton is giving Obama a pass for his anti-gay marriage stance.On CNN’s April 26 “Reliable Sources,” while justifying his insults “just part of the vernacular he uses on his Web site,” Hilton tried to explain away Obama’s opposition to same-sex marriage because the Democrat, he claims, “believes gay and lesbian couples should have the same rights that heterosexual couples [have].”  Actually, he doesn’t.  The President believes we should have “equivalent rights.”

While Hilton is outraged that Miss Prejean tells him (as he puts it) that he’s “a second-class citizen” who doesn’t “deserve the same rights that heterosexuals get,” he rewrites Obama’s rhetoric so he doesn’t have to criticize the Democratic President.  She, he believed, spewed “hate” while Obama gets a pass for saying nearly the exact same thing she has.

Gosh, maybe he should apply for Joe Solmonese’s job at HRC.  He’d say pretty much the same sorts of things, but he’d be far more entertaining.

1. Gotta love Tammy Bruce

Comment by Dustin — April 27, 2009 @ 4:36 am - April 27, 2009

2. gotta love carrie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bieDx14M-m8

Comment by rusty — April 27, 2009 @ 8:15 am - April 27, 2009

3. Tammy did a great job.

Oh and Perez probably makes more than Joe.

Comment by Randy — April 27, 2009 @ 9:11 am - April 27, 2009

4. Did anyone else catch Andy Breitbart’s Washington Times piece "We’re Here, We’re Queer, We’re Hypocrites?"

I thought he was right on.

Best wishes,
    -MFS

Comment by MFS — April 27, 2009 @ 9:28 am - April 27, 2009

5. I would prefer to not have the visual of Perez Hilton giving anyone a tongue-lashing.

I support Ms. Prejean’s stance. I agree with it. I think homosexuals should form same-sex covenants which are legally equivalent and use the term “marriage” only for heterosexual couples. Would Perez feel obligated to give me a tongue-lashing? Please, oh, puhleez NO!

Comment by Ashpenaz — April 27, 2009 @ 9:38 am - April 27, 2009

6. Perez Hilton represents everything that is wrong with the GayLibLeft.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — April 27, 2009 @ 10:40 am - April 27, 2009

7. After 30+ years of being out and mostly very proud, my sense of connection to “the gay community” over the last several years has been thinning to the point where –to my utter amazement– I don’t like to refer to myself using the G word that much anymore.

Lord knows my sexual orientation is as happily focussed on Humans Living With Testosterone as it ever was. Even more, if that’s possible! But the antics of the “LGBT” leadership and media and the herdlike ways of the tribe have worn me out. Jack Malebranche’s spot-on manifesto “Androphilia” really ripped a Titantical hole in my social identity when he ranted on, very articulately, about the unholy trinity of anti-male feminism, leftwing politics and group victimism that now shapes the gay worldview.

Then this…flesh-creeping troll, Perez Hilton…an eerie part-boy, mostly drag-queen in PMS creature…whom I had barely heard of before…shreds this poor woman for having the audacity to hold a view of marriage universally assumed in the West for two millennia. And he uses really vile language in public. The whole scene disgusts me, both for narcissism and for rank cowardice.

If she had been black, you know for sure that Miss Thing –a stupid gay phrase that in PH’s case really fits– would not have been making videos with the B and the C words in it.

Why would I want to be part of a group that has such human trash in it…and, unless I’ve missed it…let’s him go on his merry way unchallenged!

If the scenario were reversed and some beauty queen in favor of gay marriage was trashed by a conservative judge like that, she’d the the Queen of Martyrs by lunchtime and we’d be hearing the calls to man the barricades against the imminent concentration camps of the “bigots” and “haters”.

The gay community is full to the brim with bigots and haters. I am almost out of patience and am wondering where I send in my Q Identity care for a refund.

Comment by EssEm — April 27, 2009 @ 10:41 am - April 27, 2009

8. This beauty queen needs to be kissing Perez’ ass because without his question and comments afterwards she would be a nobody. What is the name of the winner? Now she is the darling of the religious right and you self haters here. I guess now she is being groomed to be another religious dingbats running mate, and you peoples idol…Sara Palin. Pathetic what you Republicans are clinging to now.

Comment by DaveA — April 27, 2009 @ 11:17 am - April 27, 2009

9. MFS, thanks for the link. Great article.

EssEm, hear hear!!

Comment by Mike — April 27, 2009 @ 11:27 am - April 27, 2009

10. #8 – Speaking of flesh-creeping troll, eerie part-boy, mostly drag-queen in PMS creature…

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — April 27, 2009 @ 11:37 am - April 27, 2009

11. …and Miss California oppresses Gay People….how, exactly? Versus a like-minded President of the United States with the Bully Pulpit at his disposal?

Jeremiah Wright must have thundered against Gay Marriage during one of his unhinged, uh, jeremiads.

DaveA — your poodle-boy Perez made Miss California somebody’s darling by calling her a “c*nt.” Natural testorone-American reaction to defend our wimmenfolk from lisping, pomaded trolls.

Comment by furious_a — April 27, 2009 @ 11:49 am - April 27, 2009

12. Hilton asked for an opinion about a personal belief and then attacked because he did not get the answer he wanted. In the workplace a “deeply held belief” constitutes religion and can be used as a basis for a religious discrimination complaint.

But as we all know, for the Radical Left, some beliefs are more equal than others. Therefore Ms. Prejean could have saved herself a lot of trouble by merely prefacing her remarks with “I am a follower of Islam and so…” Of course the bikin might have made that line a tough sell.

Comment by Russ T — April 27, 2009 @ 12:11 pm - April 27, 2009

13. #7 – I’d agree, except perhaps for the skin-color immunity part. The outcome on that would have been 50/50 imo, depending on how/if she’d answered other social justice questions.

A black conservative woman would have got it much worse than Ms. Prejean, I think. But if the judges assumed a black woman was otherwise a Democrat, they’d just patronize her and view the gay marriage stance as quaint.

Comment by DoDoGuRu — April 27, 2009 @ 12:37 pm - April 27, 2009

14. To me, gays like Hilton are NOT helping in any way. Those who act as Hilton, the Prop 8 outlandish protesters, etc. make people like me not want to listen anymore. I don’t like feeling that way, but it is frustrating. I wish decent gays who don’t want to be lumped into the same category as these hate-mongers would stand up and denounce people like this, loud and proud. I was so struck by how classy Elton John was during the Prop 8 decision. He was very much against their behavior. Ironically, Hilton idolizes and obsesses over EJ, who said that he didn’t think gay “marriage” was necessary. How does Hitlon square this? BTW, great blog.

Comment by happy1ga — April 27, 2009 @ 12:48 pm - April 27, 2009

15. Hi, EssEm! Hope you’re well, and we need to hear more of you on this blog.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — April 27, 2009 @ 12:51 pm - April 27, 2009

16. It is good to see that there are some members of the “gay” community who have come out in support of Miss California. She has a right to her views without being attacked.

As a straight person, the only hate speech I saw came from this nobody called Perez Hilton.

Comment by Aussie — April 28, 2009 @ 12:33 am - April 28, 2009

17. It’s not the “D” or the “R”after the name, it’s blatant borderline confrontational and narcissistically hostile behavior by LGBT individuals directed at straights. Where’s the love? All I see is hostile behavior and a sense of entitlement from the likes of Wayne Besen and Dr Lamont Hill. If Federal Hate Crimes legislation stops gay on gay violence, I support it. If it turns out that it merely begins an encroachment on the First Amendment as is prevalent in Europe and Canada with its limitations on free speech, in all likelihood it will deemed unconstitutional.

Comment by RJLiger — April 28, 2009 @ 4:58 pm - April 28, 2009