Love Him? Hate Him? Obama Reaches Parity.

Posted by ColoradoPatriot at 10:00 am - June 5, 2009.
Filed under: Obama's Remorse

Perhaps it’s his ownership non-takeover of two of the Big Three auto manufacturers. Maybe it’s his consistent belittling of his own country while representing it overseas.

Whatever it is, it has taken Barack Hussein Obama 136 days in office to reach parity on Rasmussen’s Daily Presidential Tracking Poll.

obama_index_june_5_2009

Rasmussen takes a daily approval poll for the president and then subtracts the percentage of those who “Strongly Approve” of his performance from those who “Strongly Disapprove” to come up with what they call the Presidential Approval Index, which today for the first time stands at 0. As Rasmussen puts it, “That’s the highest level of strong disapproval and the lowest overall rating yet recorded.”

One would hope, as was screamed at Bush for eight years, that Obama might take this to heart and attempt to better represent his constituency which is growing ever more tired of his far-Left extreme policies. One mustn’t hold his breath, though.

-Nick (ColoradoPatriot) from HQ

UPDATE (from Dan): Interesting to note the steady, gradual decline of his strong approval and the quick uptick in his strong disapproval. May have more to say about this later.

1. Do not hold your breath! The State media will continue to report how wonderful and amazing he is and how all America, Europe and the muslim world love him.

Will also go on telling us how amazing Michele is. btw, I heard a clip of her yesterday whining about how hard it is for women, especially women of color. She completely botched Sotomayor’s name, but who cares, she can get away with it, no one else in the media is allowed to, even if they are only Americanizing the pronunciation.

Comment by Leah — June 5, 2009 @ 11:44 am - June 5, 2009

2. I have come to the conclusion that these two people do not want to be black. I think they really want to be hispanic. Instead of promoting young black designers, musicians or SC nominees, they always turn towards hispanics.

I think we have our first muslim, hispanic first couple.

Comment by PatriotMom — June 5, 2009 @ 11:52 am - June 5, 2009

3. PatriotMom says: “I think we have our first muslim, hispanic first couple.”

Don’t forget angry and Marxist.

They’re historic in every way!

Comment by jana — June 5, 2009 @ 1:03 pm - June 5, 2009

4. And gay! (Please see this week’s grocery checkout lane for more detail.)

Comment by Ashpenaz — June 5, 2009 @ 1:30 pm - June 5, 2009

5. Hahahahaha! And Obama’s coming double-digit inflation rates haven’t even hit yet!

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — June 5, 2009 @ 3:07 pm - June 5, 2009

6. P.S. I suspect Obama could end up being truly the most reviled President in American history. More than Jimmuh Carter, even. I don’t wish it on him; I’m just looking at where his policies logically must lead.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — June 5, 2009 @ 3:13 pm - June 5, 2009

7. Nick-

Thanks for posting this! I had heard rumblings about this poll as I was driving all day (7 hours!). But since I’m a visual-kinda-guy, I’m glad to actually see the chart.

And very encouraged to see the “zero”.

Comment by Bruce (GayPatriot) — June 5, 2009 @ 3:30 pm - June 5, 2009

8. My stomach actually turned during the Cairo speech. I thought that was just a metaphor. I can’t imagine a President saying that 9/11 caused us to go against our ideals–especially not on foreign soil. From what I remember, 9/11 brought out the best in us. Even Evita didn’t spend her whole Rainbow Tour apologizing for Argentina (at least, she didn’t in the musical which is all I really know about Evita. Or the King of Siam. Or Oklahoma, where I assume the wind actually does come sweeping down the plains). Obama already did the bow, so in this speech he added the scrape.

Comment by Ashpenaz — June 5, 2009 @ 3:58 pm - June 5, 2009

9. OMG, and Michelle’s clothes! When was the last time a First Lady actually bought stuff off the rack? In that interview with Brokaw–what’s with the Capri pants and housewife shirt? Did she not expect guests and just throw something on? And then those huge shoulder straps! Obviously, neither of them think that they are any gay people out there looking at them. Can an entire nation recommend Michelle for What Not To Wear?!? Stacy, Clinton–please–your nation needs you!

Comment by Ashpenaz — June 5, 2009 @ 4:59 pm - June 5, 2009

10. Sounds abuot right. With high unemployment, possible inflation and gi-normous budget deficits next year and in 2012, I expect that the negatives will be far higher than the positives by then. Pity is I still do not believe that the GOP can do much better. Oh they will take us off the precipice at a slower rate, but the end result will be the same.

Comment by John — June 5, 2009 @ 5:10 pm - June 5, 2009

11. Some of the reasons Obamabungler has such declining poll ratings….
    While in his own country, you know America, the unemployment rate hit
    9.4% highest in 26 YEARS. While the “real unemployment, underemployment” rate hit 16.4% in May, America’s President, is over in the middle east and Europe helping them with their problems. Baffling.
    Now a new scandal, in the almost daily list of blunders, bungles, gaffes and stumbles.
    The corruption of the “stimulus money” to only Obama states and supporters. Come home Mr President and get your own house in order.hehe

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — June 5, 2009 @ 5:24 pm - June 5, 2009

12. Obamas poll ratings, it does make you wonder how he would poll if he didn’t have the state run media, fawning all over him. Remember the weekly “news magazines” are now totally Barack and Michelle Obama rags, about their gardens, dogs and children. The only fifth estate left is the blogs and talk radio trying to keep this Obamabungle administration honest. The Pravda Media still can’t keep Obamateleprompters “very disapproval” ratings above his very approve numbers.

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — June 5, 2009 @ 6:55 pm - June 5, 2009

13. 150 days, the bloom is off the rose. You could tell a couple weeks ago this was going to happen. Almost all of our leftists are gone from this blog. No defenders of Pelosi, no defenders of Biden, No defenders of Murtha, Obama left to flounder with no fanatic toadie liberalsdefenders. Wonder what they are doing. I assume hiding under the beds. hehe

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — June 5, 2009 @ 6:57 pm - June 5, 2009

14. “In that interview with Brokaw–what’s with the Capri pants and housewife shirt? Did she not expect guests and just throw something on?”

I saw that too and wonder what she was thinking. Someone definitely needs to have a sit down with Ms. Obama to talk about appropriate attire.

Comment by Lily — June 6, 2009 @ 12:29 am - June 6, 2009

15. Eh, perhaps I’m feeling pessimistic because all I can see is that we are screwed either way.

The question is, as it was last year, just how badly do you wanna be screwed?

Comment by ThatGayConservative — June 6, 2009 @ 1:42 am - June 6, 2009

16. What do you attribute the most recent uptick in Obamablunders disapproval ratings. The latest spike I think has come because he is away from America while we have dreadful problems. He’s in the middle east and Europe telling them how to fix things. Kind of comical.

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — June 6, 2009 @ 11:13 pm - June 6, 2009

17. I’d be interested in seeing just how many people flock to buy a Government Motors vehicle. Wonder how many cars will explode or catch fire and melt into a pile of slag. No doubt folks will be pining for the days of the Edsel or Pinto.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — June 7, 2009 @ 12:08 am - June 7, 2009

18. Actually we own a Buick Enclave and a GMC Yukon. It hit me that next time we are in the market, we should check out the last of the free market American capitalist autos…..Ford. If all Republicans and conservatives avoid GM they’ve got continuing problems

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — June 7, 2009 @ 12:55 am - June 7, 2009