If Ma’am Boxer were a Republican, her career would be over

In August 2006 hortly after then-Virginia Republican Senator George Allen, running for re-election, called an operative from his opponent’s campaign “macaca,” he apologized:

Reached Monday evening, Allen said that the word had no derogatory meaning for him and that he was sorry. “I would never want to demean him as an individual. I do apologize if he’s offended by that. That was no way the point.”

Despite the apology, the Washington Post alone would ran over 100 articles (159 by one count) suggesting the Republican was a racist.  While Allen’s former colleague from the Golden State Ma’am Babara Boxer has yet to apologize for an exchange which demonstrated more clear racial bias than did Allen’s odd comment,* I doubt any large California paper will run nearly that many articles suggesting the Democrat is a racist.  Indeed, I wonder if any of them will notice it at all.**

Ma’am Boxer is counting on the complicity of the press in keeping her arrogant and offensive statements from the public.  It’s why we in the rightosphere must do the work the media would do were the junior Senator from California a Republican.  Had a Republican woman so arrogantly demanded that someone testifying before a Seante committee call her “Senator” instead of “Ma’am,” they would have made mincemeat of her, mocking her in editorials and TV news items.  Had a black businessman accused a Republican Senator of racial condescension, it would have lead the news and made the front page of any number of papers.

Talking heads would debate the comment on cable news networks.

Since her first statewide campaign in 1992, Ma’am Boxer has won election and reelection by attacking her opponents, not by defending her record.  What has she done for the Golden State which currently has an  unemployment rate of 11.6%, a full 1.7% higher than at the peak of the 1992 recession just before she was elected to the Senate?

It’s time to remind voters how little she has done for the state while promoting a left-wing agenda and to show just how arrogant and often incoherent she has been.  She has been an embarrassment to the State, quickly regaining the crown of Senate clown that former funnyman Al Franken seemed certain to usurp.

More on this anon, much more.

*In contending that Allen meant “macaca” as a racial slur, reporters pointed out that the word is indeed such a slur in “some European cultures” without showing how Allen might be familar with such slang.  They readily dismissed the campaign’s claim that the then-Senator was referring to the operative’s hairstyle — which looked, to him like a “mohawk.”

**When I have a moment, I hope to do a few google searches to test this hypothesis.  In the meanwhile, if you have time, please feel fee to conduct your own searches and indicate the resutls in the comments section. (With a number of obligations, I have far less time to blog than I normally do.)

1. Dan, what do you suggest those of us who live in California do and please be specific.

Comment by Not Always Right — July 17, 2009 @ 7:38 pm - July 17, 2009

2. Here is what we do. We support Chuck DeVore to be the Republican senate nominee. And we give our blood, sweat, tears, time and cash to make sure that he is the new senator from California. And, the reason for the cash? It is to make sure to run a campaign ad showing this buffoon, Boxer, at her best. Oh, and don’t forget GWP that Boxer is a Jannie-One-Note. “I am pro abortion (choice) and if you do not send me back to Washington, you will have to get your abortions in the back alley.” She is an embarresment to this state. CHUCK DEVORE IN 2010!

Comment by Mark J. Goluskin — July 18, 2009 @ 3:00 am - July 18, 2009

3. No, Mark, we must not support Chuck DeVore unless you want to give Ma’am Boxer another six-year term in the Senate. He’s too far to the right of the party to prevail in the general. And he doesn’t ahve a plan for raising the kind of money a candidate needs to defeat someone like Ma’am. Nor is he concerned about the need to raise such sums.

Let us hope DeVore has the grace to withdraw once a fiscally conservative candidate who can raise the sum needed to compete in the Golden State emerges.

Comment by GayPatriotWest — July 18, 2009 @ 4:58 am - July 18, 2009

4. And my liberal friends say that press is not biased.

Comment by TnnsNE1 — July 18, 2009 @ 10:16 am - July 18, 2009

5. Dan, who do you see going to the fore then? And what specifically makes DeVore too far to the right? I am not being snarky but am fairly new to LA and would really appreciate your insight if you do not mind giving it on here.

Comment by Not Always Right — July 18, 2009 @ 11:40 am - July 18, 2009

6. The other major name on the possibles list is Carly Fiorina who presided over HP’s downward slide (after the ill-advised merger with Compaq), strikes me as an open-borders believer and H-1B/off-shoring enthusiast. Ditto for Meg Whitman (eBay founder) who looks to be the GOP candidate to succeed Ahnold.

According to the IEEE, unemployment among electrical engineers is above 8 percent. Yet industry clamors for more immigrant workers.

Is there no one willing to represent the interests on citizens in this country? And what is it with voters who continue to vote against the interests of themselves, their progeny, and their nation?

Comment by SoCalRobert — July 18, 2009 @ 2:18 pm - July 18, 2009

7. Nor Always Right, in re: DeVore, I’ll get the information for you. It’s based on a conversation with a prominent Jewish conservatives who heard DeVore speak.

Fiorina, unlike DeVore, can actually raise money and pump some of her own millions into the campaign.

Comment by GayPatriotWest — July 18, 2009 @ 5:01 pm - July 18, 2009

8. GWP, I share your concern that Mr. DeVore may be a bit too right of center for some, but if Carly Fiorina does enter the race and win the nomination, I am with her. I hope those that did not support Mr. DeVore feel the same way. Look, you know I had to buck up and support Sen. “F— You” McCain. That is why we have primaries. I am a conservative and Republican. The GOP is the only sustainable vehicle to get a governable conservative majority in the United States. But it always bothers me that if a more conservative candidate wins, the moderates pick up and go home. That is something the Dems do not do. That is why they are in the majority today nationally.

Comment by Mark J. Goluskin — July 18, 2009 @ 8:25 pm - July 18, 2009

9. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t HP’s stock jump 8% the day Fiorina announced she was leaving?

Also, didn’t she also announce that HP was donating millions of dollars to gay and lesbian charities the same week they announced hundreds of layoffs?

She’d be an improvement over boxer, but so would a braindead box turtle. Realistically, though, she is … like John McCain… a flaming mediocrity at best.

Comment by V the K — July 18, 2009 @ 9:31 pm - July 18, 2009

10. 10

All I know is that nobody at HP seems to know how to get my printer to work. I’m waiting for the welfare program that’ll buy new computers for every American. Though the snob will probably no-bid with Blue Hippo and we’ll never see ’em.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — July 19, 2009 @ 5:49 am - July 19, 2009

11. There’s always boob who claims to have beau coup cash, but doesn’t seem keen on paying his “fair share”.

Boob can’t even afford capital letters

Comment by V the K — July 19, 2009 @ 8:29 am - July 19, 2009

12. That’s because capital letters are emblamatic of elitist capitalism.

Comment by SoCalRobert — July 19, 2009 @ 12:29 pm - July 19, 2009

13. Maybe if we told him they’re capitol letters, he’d demand more of it.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — July 19, 2009 @ 11:21 pm - July 19, 2009