Barbara Boxer Ma’amapalooza

If you take a look at the two videos which those of us in the rightosphere have promoted in order to show the pettiness, condescension and hypocrisy of California’s junior Senator, Ma’am Barbara Boxer, you’ll note that both men, Brig. Gen. Michael Walsh of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Harry Alford, President and CEO of the Black Chamber of Commerceas a sign of respect, address this left-wing woman as “Ma’am.”

She only objects when the military officer uses the term, asking that he call her Senator instead, offering, “It’s just a thing, I worked so hard to get that title [Senator], so I’d appreciate it [if you called me Senator.”   Yet, a month later, Alford used the term she found so objectionable in June and did not complain.

So, to show just what a hypocrite this woman is  — and perhaps to show the animus she harbors against the military, please share with us, links to other congressional hearings when the witness addressed Mrs. Boxer as “Ma’am.”   I would bet a decent amount of money that prior to her raising the objection to that good soldier, she rarely–if ever–objected when someone else called her “Ma’am.”

So, we invite you to share with us video clips of witnesses testifying before Mrs. Boxer in Senate committees and calling her “Ma’am.”  Just cut and paste the link into a box in our comment section. Let’s see if she ever objected before June 2009.

And while you’re at it, let us know if you have evidence of local news in the major California media markets covering Ma’am Boxer’s embarrassing exchanges.  The biggest such markets are Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, Fresno, Bakersfield, Santa Barbara, Redding and Monterey.

And just a reminder, here’s Ma’am Boxer objecting when General Smith calls her Ma’am:

. .  and not caring when Harry Alford does:

1. Based on your post, I was browsing some footage on C-SPAN.com of Congressional hearings over which Ma’am Boxer held court. I’ve got to say, it’s easy to see how awful she is just by watching the two clips included in your post, but after watching several more clips of these hearings one after the other, it’s official. Boxer is an obnoxious, hostile, unmitigated BITCH. She doesn’t hold “hearings”–these things are her own personal inquisitions in which she uses her subpoena power to call Americans before her so that she can humiliate and eviscerate them, and then grandstand for 15-20 minute stretches snarling about “how important this is” and “what she’s trying to accomplish here.” In fact, she’s rude and dismissive even of the people who are there to testify in support of her position on the issues!

I honestly did not expect to be shocked by this angry elitist, but she’s so horrible that I find myself pitying her family. I can’t imagine spending 3 minutes in this woman’s presence and quite frankly, I’m surprised that so many captains of industry and accomplished, brilliant people put up with her hostility and seemed downright scared of her while they were being questioned. Now I admire Harry Alford even more because apparently he’s the first person that’s ever stood up to her inexcusable condescension. I had forgotten how she treated Condi Rice when she had to go before Congress and “take her medicine.” Boxer actually called her a liar to her face: “I personally believe – this is my personal view – that your loyalty to the mission you were given, to sell the war, overwhelmed your respect for the truth.” Boxer is a detestable, vile piece of trash, and the fact that she has gotten away with this side-show for years is just more evidence that we have lost our way. Boxer is a PUBLIC SERVANT that is supposed to fear US–not the other way around. Since I am a California resident, Boxer’s staff is going to be hearing my opinion about the bombastic harpy they work for.

Comment by Sean A — July 27, 2009 @ 11:16 am - July 27, 2009

2. Just for the record, I’m straight and just happened to stumble across you web-blog. DAMN, I’m proud to call you conservative brothers & sisters.

POST ON!!!

Comment by Steve F — July 27, 2009 @ 12:12 pm - July 27, 2009

3. What else would one expect from a neurotic woman? Anyone else for the normalization of neurotic behavior and 547 paraphilias to children and the uneducated massed without replicated, empirical data studies to support their position?

Comment by RJLigier — July 27, 2009 @ 12:15 pm - July 27, 2009

4. I think her new hair-do is what made the difference. Her new coif is much more relaxed than the previous, “Call me Senator” arrangement and it is making her more relaxed as well.

Comment by Hunter — July 27, 2009 @ 1:01 pm - July 27, 2009

5. It could just be because she learned not to go crazy over being called ma’am after that time. (And decided instead to go crazy over black people not knowing their place.)

Comment by Mitchell Blatt — July 27, 2009 @ 4:05 pm - July 27, 2009

6. Steve F WELCOME! the water is warm come on in!
    This blog is full of smart thinking independent conservatives and a few liberal Obama toadies. The toadies come by when Obama is not having the kind of month like July has been. They will take some hit and run shots at the likes of Palin but not have a clue as to how to defend their chosen one. Again WELCOME!

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — July 27, 2009 @ 8:19 pm - July 27, 2009

7. the water is warm come on in!

Dude, that’s just nasty. ;-P

Seriously, more folks ought to tell congress where they can shove their subpoenas. They’re not too keen on answering our questions, why should anybody answer theirs?

Comment by ThatGayConservative — July 27, 2009 @ 9:40 pm - July 27, 2009

8. Geez, this post has been up since the early morning hours here in California and here it is almost 11pm, and only 7 responses, not a single on linking showing Ma’am Boxer treating anyone respectfully. Where are all those small letter voices we all know so well. Hey Boob, I’m calling you out. Come on, show us all at least one occasion when Ma’am Boxer treated anyone with any degree of respect and decency.

Her goose is cooked, here’s hoping Carly Fiorina has a set on her and can take this vile and evil woman out of this seat. California can do better.

And please, anyone who lives in the east bay, we have to make sure Jerry McNerney (I believe 90% tax rates are justified) is out in 2010 also.

Comment by John in Dublin, CA — July 28, 2009 @ 1:59 am - July 28, 2009

9. I think I’ll call her “Ma Boxer” from now on.

Comment by Draybee — July 28, 2009 @ 1:25 pm - July 28, 2009

10. I still want to know how she was elected to the Senate the first time. As a candidate for the open seat she carried the honor of being number won one on the list of congress persons with the most overdrafts in her account with the congressional bank. I believe it was in the high 400¨s or low 500´s. That should have told the electorate that she was irresponsible. In winning the seat she was anything but gracious, especially to her Republican challenger, Bruce Herschensohn. That set the tone for how she has conducted herself in the Senate. Why her attitude earned her reelection is a mystery to me.

Comment by Roberto — July 28, 2009 @ 2:45 pm - July 28, 2009

11. I’m not sure what all the fuss is. I don’t think the General was being deliberately disrespectful in calling her “ma’am,” but the fact remains that proper protocol in this kind of setting is to address a member of the United States Senate as “Senator.” She addressed him by his professional title, “General,” so it is only reasonable that he address Boxer by her professional title.

I am guessing that if a lower ranking officer or an enlisted service member addressed the General as something other than “General,” there would be hell to pay.

Maybe some people were put off by Boxer’s assertiveness in this instance, but that’s a matter of personal style. She was right to point out the General’s breach in protocol.

Comment by bob — December 15, 2009 @ 10:26 am - December 15, 2009

12. [...] want to drop Boxer-Kerry; let’s hope CA just drops Boxer and Barbara Boxer: Failed Senator and Barbara Boxer Ma’amapalooza and The more people know about Ma’am Boxer, the less likely she’ll keep her seat Chuck DeVore, [...]

Pingback by Sen. Barbara “Ma’am” Boxer Not Getting Much Love from California Voters… No Tears Here « Frugal Café Blog Zone — February 16, 2010 @ 4:27 pm - February 16, 2010