Hey, Ma’am Boxer, since your constituents wear T-shirts to protest, will you now consider their concerns legitimate?

There she goes again. It seems all Ma’am Boxer need do to make a fool of herself is open her mouth. No wonder she’s not planning on holding any meetings with the people she was elected to represent in the United States Senate.

Just watch the clip that Nick linked and let me know if you believe Ma’am’s claim about silencing Republican protesters by reminding them that Ronald Reagan came from California. That one just doesn’t pass the smell test. If you have evidence proving me wrong (and Ma’am right), please provide it.

So, if she’s going to denounce protesters today whose goal (as she puts it) is “to hurt our President and to change the Congress,” I’m sure we’ll find ample video footage of her denouncing those protesting George W. Bush and his policies during the first eight years of the current decade.  And taking issue with efforts of her own party to “change Congress” in 2006 and 2008.  I mean, weren’t some of her allies then trying to “hurt our president” and change Congress?

Now,  if Ma’am claims the protesters are too well-dressed to be sincere, let me show her a few pictures from protests in her own jurisdiction, i.e., California (taking at the April 15 Tea Parties in Santa Monica and Van Nuys).   Since they’re not wearing suits and ties, will she now take these protesters seriously?

img_0509img_0518img_05381img_0595img_0596img_0550

(If Ma’am is interested, I could send her more pictures of her constituents protesting in T-shirts and jeans — or similar attire.   And if my California readers have pictures of Golden State protests where people are dressed in similar attire, send them here, maybe we’ll make a collage and take it to Ma’am’s office so she can learn a little about the folks she’s supposed to be representing.)

(H/t–my blogging nephew and not the one who has to wait a few years before he’s reading for Disneyland.  Mitchell e-mailed me a link to Ed Morrissey’s post and I had read his missive before seeing Nick’s post.)

1. Someone should tell her that the reason conservative protesters dress nicely is because unlike her supporters, they actually work for a living so that her supporters have someone to mooch off of.

Comment by American Elephant — August 6, 2009 @ 4:49 am - August 6, 2009

2. I saw a clip of Madcow’s show and the protesters she featured looked like they shop at Wal-Mart like I do (no label queen here). Hell, I don’t even know what Brooks Bros. looks like. I MIGHT be able to spot Jos. A Bank and definitely King Ranch and Tommy H.

Before I saw any of the videos, I wondered what the big deal was. Seems to me that you might want to look presentable if you were going to meet your reps.

But then my momma brought me up right.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — August 6, 2009 @ 4:58 am - August 6, 2009

3. Coming from California, Ma’am Boxer probably believes the only “legitimate” protesters are aging trustafarians who reak of patchouli.

Comment by V the K — August 6, 2009 @ 5:16 am - August 6, 2009

4. The way the Democrats smear all critics of ObamaCare as part of a mob is just a variation on the old trick of calling people who disagree with them “racist.” Instead of answering about how ObamaCare is going to blow up the already obscene deficit, or about how it’s going to destroy private insurance, they just name-call the opposition.

Comment by V the K — August 6, 2009 @ 5:50 am - August 6, 2009

5. It looks to me like she botched the talking/point meme about “Brooks Brothers Brigades” that Robert Gibbs brought up, which he apparently got from Talking Points Memo and Washington Monthly.

The 2000 Florida angle is there and all, but she carried the metaphor too far and made it literally about how the folks dressed.

Comment by Bilby — August 6, 2009 @ 7:18 am - August 6, 2009

6. Whoops. Here’s the link to the Washington Monthly post.

Comment by Bilby — August 6, 2009 @ 7:24 am - August 6, 2009

7. […] dress down to meet with government officials. Well, what about protesters in her own jurisdiction? Gay Patriot points out to the Senator that by her standards any of her dressed-down protesting constituents […]

Pingback by Really Ma’am – Just who elected you? « A Solitary Conspiracy — August 6, 2009 @ 9:22 am - August 6, 2009

8. gotta love rachel

Comment by rusty — August 6, 2009 @ 9:29 am - August 6, 2009

9. The way the Democrats smear all critics of ObamaCare as part of a mob is just a variation on the old trick of calling people who disagree with them “racist.”

Much of the left operates by deliberately or almost-deliberately misunderstanding all criticism. The practice has both defensive and offensive capabilities. It helps them maintain their denial of reality (defensive). And of course it attacks people who dare notice the reality (offensive) and conveniently changes the subject. We’ve seen countless examples for years. Just a couple more recent ones

– People have legitimate questions about why Obama is hiding his medical records, his college records, and yes, even his long-form birth certificate. The left’s answer: paint them all as “birtherists” and racists.

– People have legitimate fears about Obama’s destructive socialism. Someone makes a poster portraying Obama as The Joker, with the word “SOCIALISM” right on it, so no one could possibly mistake its meaning. The left’s answer: Ignore the “SOCIALISM”. Pretend it’s somehow about a race, a completely different subject.

Yawn.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 6, 2009 @ 10:17 am - August 6, 2009

10. Watching lefties squirm and whine about being protested is a particularly rich and tasty kind of schadenfreude.

Meanwhile, Nancy Pelosi, meet ‘Godwin’s Law’.

gotta love rachel — Judging by rating, apparently, no, I don’t. And neither does anyone else.

Comment by V the K — August 6, 2009 @ 10:20 am - August 6, 2009

11. P.S. I’m sorry to say, there will be occasionally someone on the right who uses the tactic (misunderstanding and flat-out misrepresenting their opponent’s criticism). When I see it, I think “That person argues like a leftist.”

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 6, 2009 @ 10:21 am - August 6, 2009

12. Gee, ILC, I can’t imagine *who* you could *possibly* be talking about.

Comment by V the K — August 6, 2009 @ 10:35 am - August 6, 2009

13. Emily Litella. Oh wait – She’d always catch her mistake and apologize. Never mind.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 6, 2009 @ 10:39 am - August 6, 2009

14. By the way, note that the Obamacrats are responding to the “manufactured outraged” and “organized mobs” by manufacturing outrage and trying to organize mobs. LOFL.

Comment by V the K — August 6, 2009 @ 10:43 am - August 6, 2009

15. Of course the proof this is all “organized” and not an actual, grassroots expression of real opinions and beliefs to the representatives they elected is that these people are “well dressed.” Because a true grassroots protest must involve grass stains on the worn knees of the shabby clothes of the downtrodden. And large puppets. (Naked, middle-aged protesters inflating their scrotum are still optional. I hope.)

Comment by Wesley M. — August 6, 2009 @ 10:50 am - August 6, 2009

16. (Naked, middle-aged protesters inflating their scrotum are still optional. I hope.)

Just saw that thread yesterday. Never heard of that and hope to God I never do again.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — August 6, 2009 @ 11:10 am - August 6, 2009

17. I now appreciate the fact that I grew up on an Indian Reservation in Southern California with parents who worked as a waitress and a laborer. It gives me a platform that Ma’am Boxer and the other Political Elitists cannot deny when I criticize their croonies or the President. I can choose to dress any way I choose and they cannot criticize. After all, genocide took place in the USA and “their” ancestors approved of it. That is why I loved the President of the Black Chamber of Commerce “getting in her face” and calling her comments “condescending” at the hearing last month. Once again, her is my platform for Presidency – the US has been messed over by White Men and now a Black Man. I want the opportunity to be the First Native to mess over the US. (Tongue in Cheek).

Comment by Duffy - Native Intelligence — August 6, 2009 @ 12:01 pm - August 6, 2009

18. LOL, Duffy for President.

Who are you going to appoint to handle the Bureau of ‘evil-european-land-stealer affairs’? 🙂

Comment by The Livewire — August 6, 2009 @ 12:03 pm - August 6, 2009

19. I admit that I love my Brooks Brothers as much as my Lucky stuff.

However, I am not committed to wearing tye-dye and peace signs to all protests and tea parties.

What will Ms. Boxer and the media say then????

Comment by Firelight — August 6, 2009 @ 12:04 pm - August 6, 2009

20. The guy in the lower right hand corner is kind of cute. Would I be meeting guys like that at these protests?

Comment by Ashpenaz — August 6, 2009 @ 12:06 pm - August 6, 2009

21. #20 – Down, girl.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — August 6, 2009 @ 3:28 pm - August 6, 2009

22. You are more than welcome to use my photographs from the April 15, 2009 TEA Party that was held in San Jose, CA. The url is http://www.flickr.com/photos/vbroughton/sets/72157616887152552/. The link to my July 5, 2009 pictures can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2025556&id=1044241643&l=48b6d550e1.

Comment by Vicki — August 6, 2009 @ 5:31 pm - August 6, 2009

23. Sorry in advance if this is a duplicate post; I can’t find my other comment. 🙁

I have pictures from both the April 15, 2009 and July 5, 2009 events in San Jose, CA.

The 4/15/09 event photos are here:

The 7/5/09 event photos are here:

You’re more than welcome to use any of the photos as long as they are not for commercial gain.

Comment by Vicki — August 6, 2009 @ 5:50 pm - August 6, 2009

24. Stupid internet. Sorry for double posting. 🙁

Comment by Vicki — August 6, 2009 @ 5:54 pm - August 6, 2009

25. #16: Damn you, TGC! It must be a sign of my simplicity and purity that I’ve never heard of such a thing but thanks to you and the miracle of Al Gore’s internet contraption I now have an image in my brain that I may never get rid of without years of therapy. Will Obamacare pay for that? Or should I just send you the bills?

Comment by SoCalRobert — August 6, 2009 @ 9:02 pm - August 6, 2009

26. #25

Sixth picture down.

Here be ghillie’s anti-Semites.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — August 6, 2009 @ 9:19 pm - August 6, 2009

27. SCR, I just realized that may be why I’ve only gotten 6 hours of sleep the past two days. Giddy? Yeah about 4 hours ago. I have no doubt I could make it to tomorrow morning though.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — August 6, 2009 @ 9:25 pm - August 6, 2009

28. SCR – it’s just punishment for linking pics of a sick intercourse (tm V the K).

Oh how I’d love to have the money to buy these people one-way tickets to the totalitarian utopia of their choice… just show up at one of their protests with a load of contracts (renounce US citizenship, don’t come back) and vouchers for movers and airfare and then see how many would be willing to go.

Comment by SoCalRobert — August 6, 2009 @ 11:18 pm - August 6, 2009

29. #28: SCR? I meant TGC. (Now I must be giddy.)

Comment by SoCalRobert — August 6, 2009 @ 11:19 pm - August 6, 2009

30. There was a website for that many years ago. He was raising money to send liberals elsewhere. Problem is, he only required them to stay out for one year. Dunno what happened to that site.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — August 7, 2009 @ 2:06 am - August 7, 2009

31. […] isn’t the only Leah to whom left-wing bloggers, liberal pundits, Democratic Senators, the Speaker of the House and the President should be […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Does the name Leah mean passion and common sense? — August 10, 2009 @ 5:08 am - August 10, 2009

32. […] these folks wore T-shirts and tank tops.  None seemed clad in Brooks Brothers attire.  Wonder if Ma’am Boxer will now consider her constituents’ concerns legitimate.  I mean, if they were well-dressed, they couldn’t have been […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Reader Report from Alhambra Town Hall With Rep. Adam Schiff — August 12, 2009 @ 2:26 am - August 12, 2009

33. […] care what her constituents think.  Meanwhile, though blissfully unaware of what those constituents wear when they protest the type of big-government policies she tends to favor, she attacks people […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Ma’am Boxer has time for a book signing, but “nothing scheduled” on health care reform — August 14, 2009 @ 7:02 pm - August 14, 2009

34. […] junior Senator may dismiss her constituents’ concerns with great regularity, but my state’s senior Senator, despite her liberal inclination, has […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Feinstein Acknowledges Fiscal Concerns of Obamacare Opponents — September 15, 2009 @ 8:54 pm - September 15, 2009

35. […] dress down to meet with government officials. Well, what about protesters in her own jurisdiction? Gay Patriot points out to the Senator that by her standards any of her dressed-down protesting constituents […]

Pingback by A Solitary Conspiracy » Really Ma’am – Just who elected you? *Updated* — September 22, 2009 @ 8:24 am - September 22, 2009

36. […] been successful.  But, it would be a better thing if instead of having a Senator take up space and misrepresent her constituents, we had somehow actually acting on their […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » After 17 years in the Senate, What’s Ma’am Got to Show For it? — October 2, 2009 @ 4:09 am - October 2, 2009

37. […] excited like the tea party people.”  Just not quite sure though how having her supporters dress well is going to help her electoral prospects. Comments […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Hey, Ma’am, How Did Obama’s Rescue Mission Go? — April 21, 2010 @ 1:57 am - April 21, 2010