To Those Who Read Left-Wing Blogs . .

Posted by GayPatriotWest at 5:46 pm - August 14, 2009.
Filed under: Blogging

Glenn links a report of a Mississippi man pleading guilty to posing as white supremacist on Facebook.  Dyron L. Hart of Poplarville “admitted creating a name and using a white supremacists’ photo to pose as a white man who planned to kill blacks because Barack Obama had been elected president.

Since I won’t have much time to scan the left-wing blogs today, could any of you who do let me know if any criticize this Mr. Hart.  Or even note the story.

It matters in the current context because it’s another piece of evidence of staged hate rhetoric to show about all the nasty right-wingers out there.  Yeah, there are a number of nutcases on our side, but the universe of them is not as vast as lefties might think — or want.  It’s why I’m not yet ready to assign blame to an Obama critic for painting a swastika on the sign for Obama supporter Representative David Scott’s Georgia office.

Whoever did paint the Nazi symbol is clearly a crackpot who should be punished for defacement of public property.  And condemned for further corrupting public discourse.

1. I don’t understand – where’s the news in this story about Hart? At least as it relates to what type of blogs carry it?

Comment by DRH — August 14, 2009 @ 6:11 pm - August 14, 2009

2. Bilerico? No.
    Joe My God? No.
    Pam’s House Blend? No.

Beyond these I do not look at lefty blogs that much.

Comment by John — August 14, 2009 @ 6:13 pm - August 14, 2009

3. DRH, remember your question.

Next time, a leftie attacks Bruce or me for not condemning a right-wing nutcase who does something to hurt the President, I trust you’ll come to our defense.

Our silence doesn’t indicate our support, but that we don’t have time to cover everything.

This one is important to note because of the context I addressed above.

Comment by GayPatriotWest — August 14, 2009 @ 6:24 pm - August 14, 2009

4. […] Well looky here over at Gay Patriot: […]

Pingback by See? Liberals Lie | The Rude News — August 14, 2009 @ 6:59 pm - August 14, 2009

5. I’ve only heard about this on righty blogs.

MSM? *crickets*
    Lefty blogs? Nary a peep.

Comment by Vic — August 14, 2009 @ 8:04 pm - August 14, 2009

6. This is right up there with blacks on college campii hanging nooses on their doors or cars to gin up attention and unnecessary anger (read hate).

Comment by ThatGayConservative — August 15, 2009 @ 3:05 am - August 15, 2009

7. It’s an age-old tactic, pretending to be something you’re not to whip up indignation among your peers. Better ignored, if you ask me.

Comment by DoorHold — August 17, 2009 @ 12:55 pm - August 17, 2009

8. […] even two weeks ago, I dashed out a quick post, wondering if any left-wing blogs had covered the report of a Mississippi man “pleading guilty to posing as white supremacist on Facebook.“  […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » If you can’t find evidence of Obamacare Opponents Committing Violent Acts, well, then, just get some left-wingers to stage them — August 26, 2009 @ 10:45 am - August 26, 2009