Time to Contribute To Joe Wilson’s Campaign

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 5:46 pm - September 15, 2009.
Filed under: 2010 Elections

Since the U.S. House of Representatives “voted to admonish Rep. Joe Wilson over his ‘You lie’ outburst to President Barack Obama during the president’s health care speech to Congress last week,” I encourage GayPatriot readers to join me in contributing to the South Carolina Republican’s campaign.

Looks like Democrats are making a martyr out of this Republican for behaving in a manner similar to that of many of their fellow partisans just four years ago when a Republican President addressed a joint session of Congress.

I agree with Congressman Mike Pence, Chairman of the House Republican Conference, who blogged:

Our economy is struggling, families are hurting. And yet, this Congress is poised to demand an apology from a man who has already apologized. It’s a disappointment to millions of Americans. Last week the Speaker of the House said, ‘It’s time to talk about health care.’ I say Speaker Pelosi was half right. The American people want less politics and more jobs. They want this Congress to put aside petty, partisan politics. To put aside this plan for a government takeover of health care and focus on what we know has always worked to get this economy moving again. That’s fiscal discipline in Washington, D.C. and immediate tax relief for working families, small businesses and family farms.

With unemployment and federal deficits skyrocketing, House Democrats take precious time to vote on censuring a man who has already shown his contrition.  Don’t think this is the change people hoped for when they voted for Democrats last fall.

1. [...] Joe Wilson Refuses to Apologize Again and Democrats Continue to Make a Martyr of Joe Wilson and Time to Contribute To Joe Wilson’s Campaign Politico: Joe Wilson: ‘I will not be muzzled’ Hot Air: Video: DeMint challenges Obama [...]

Pingback by Congressman Joe Wilson Defends “You Lie” Outburst, Says He Will Not Apologize on House Floor… Also, “You Lie!” Online Merchandise Selling Like Hot Cakes « Frugal Café Blog Zone — September 15, 2009 @ 6:10 pm - September 15, 2009

2. Maybe Mike Pence is the new future of the GOP? He certainly is making the right moves.

Comment by Mary — September 15, 2009 @ 6:37 pm - September 15, 2009

3. I already donated, the day after…perhaps, I’ll donate again…

Comment by Steven E. Kalbach — September 15, 2009 @ 7:22 pm - September 15, 2009

4. Martyr:
    1 : a person who voluntarily suffers death as the penalty of witnessing to and refusing to renounce a religion
    2 : a person who sacrifices something of great value and especially life itself for the sake of principle
    3 : victim; especially : a great or constant sufferer (a martyr to asthma all his life — A. J. Cronin)
    What exactly has Wilson suffered, sacrificed, or lost? He was rebuked. Oh, and BDB, you might want to check your facts–hahaha. Sorry, forgot where I was. Anyway, for the rest of you, Wilson was not censured. He was rebuked. There are four levels: Expulsion, censure, reprimand, and disapproval. He was given the lowest level after refusing to apologize to the body he embarrassed. So, according to BDB, being disapproved of makes one a martyr. Once again, the GOP plays the WATB card. Man up, people.

Comment by torrentprime — September 15, 2009 @ 7:39 pm - September 15, 2009

5. Sorry you disagree with the choice of words, tp.

Hey, why don’t you comment about ACORN pushing the sex trade? Or maybe Dick Turban’s voting against defunding ACORN? Or that the President has time to comment on Kayne West, but not on his (former) co-workers brothel building?

Comment by The_Livewire — September 15, 2009 @ 8:22 pm - September 15, 2009

6. Can the Republicans in the House “rebuke” the President for all his lies?

Comment by Gene in Pennsylvania — September 15, 2009 @ 8:43 pm - September 15, 2009

7. “Can the Republicans in the House “rebuke” the President for all his lies?”

Sure..give it a try. Oh wait you were elected to the minority.

so no you can’t!

Comment by gillie — September 15, 2009 @ 10:58 pm - September 15, 2009

8. No matter what Joe Wilson yelled, yelling at the President in the middle of the president’s speech to a joint session of Congress, was rude and uncalled for.
    Not his words, but his actions were an embarrassment to the House of Representatives as well as himself and he deserved to be rebuked. I felt the same way about the Iraqi newsman who threw a shoe at President Bush. So no thank you. I will not reward his actions by giving him my money. Just my feelings and I still consider myself to be a conservative.

Comment by Cecil — September 16, 2009 @ 12:21 am - September 16, 2009

9. Jimmy Carter is pushing me into donating to Wilson. Normally I like to keep it in-State, but I just saw a headline about him claiming that Wilson had to be motivated by racism. It’s disgraceful. For you lefties: I mean, **Jimmy Carter** is a disgrace to the American people. And your Dear Leader as well; who, yes, did actually make false statements in His address to Congress and was uttering a false statement at the moment of Wilson’s emotional outburst.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 16, 2009 @ 12:32 am - September 16, 2009

10. … which means, Wilson was SPEAKING TRUTH TO POWER. And we, the American people, need a LOT more of that.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 16, 2009 @ 12:33 am - September 16, 2009

11. No matter what Joe Wilson yelled, yelling at the President in the middle of the president’s speech to a joint session of Congress, was rude and uncalled for.

How about the President yelling at Americans, attacking Americans, attacking Republicans, attacking critics etc. etc. etc. not to mention lying his pathetic ass off? Isn’t that rude, uncalled for and totally lacking in any shred of integrity?

Comment by ThatGayConservative — September 16, 2009 @ 2:22 am - September 16, 2009

12. TGC: Even if Obama is a crypto-fascist lying his ass off and destroying the future of America’s children as he insanely expands government – and he is, and it is a very big deal – we should be able to admit that Wilson’s outburst was technically rude and in violation of House rules.

Wilson: does a rude outburst during a speech.
    Obama: Destroys America’s future.

One *does* outweigh the other. So I won’t lose too much sleep tonight over Wilson’s outburst. I’ll simply admit that, yes, technically and on its own terms, apart from the larger context, it was rude.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — September 16, 2009 @ 3:01 am - September 16, 2009

13. #gillie: Thank you for conceeding that President Obama did lie on the house floor.

ILC: I don’t deny it was rude, it is the continued hypocracy of the Democrats that they censor him, but let comments like Jack Murtha’s slide that rankles me. Or that they let the POUTS lie on the house floor.

Comment by The_Livewire — September 16, 2009 @ 6:47 am - September 16, 2009

14. Thanks for reminding us. I made a donation.

Comment by Juju — September 16, 2009 @ 11:53 am - September 16, 2009

15. I have made a donation as well.

Comment by Mark — September 17, 2009 @ 5:05 pm - September 17, 2009

16. You dumb homos don’t realize that Joe Wilson hates you and what you do to fellas in bed every night. If it were up to him, you’d be hanging from the highest limb. Idiots.

Comment by Mike W. — September 19, 2009 @ 6:56 pm - September 19, 2009

17. Mike, wanna provide some evidence to back up your ugly accusation. Or is that just your prejudice speaking?

Comment by B. Daniel Blatt — September 20, 2009 @ 2:58 am - September 20, 2009