In no particular order:
- More than one-third of all US casualties in Afghanistan have happened since Obama took the oath of office (Oct 2001 to Dec 2008 versus Jan-Sept 2009)
- Job losses in the USA have gone up significantly SINCE Obama signed his “stimulus package”
UPDATE from USA TODAY:
Fourteen of the top federal agencies responsible for spending under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act say they’ve hired about 3,000 workers with stimulus money. That’s helped fuel the continued growth of the federal government, which increased by more than 25,000 employees, or 1.3%, since December 2008, according to the latest quarterly report. During that time, the ranks of the nation’s unemployed increased by nearly 4 million, Labor Department statistics show.
- There has been no significant progress on gay rights since Obama took the oath of office. And Obama shares the same view on gay marriage as President Bush. And Dick Cheney is more progressive on gay marriage than Obama is.
- Obama is responsible for more government spending than all of his previous Presidents’ spending combined
- The only political violence in 2009 has come from left-wing radicals, not conservatives
- Gitmo will still be open in February 2010
- Transparency by the Obama Administration is a hollow talking point, not policy
- We have still not withdrawn from Iraq, despite the withdrawal agreement that President Bush reached with the Iraqi government
- Obama is getting the same intelligence from the same intelligence agency on Iran that Bush did on Iraq
- Based on a variety of public polling, Obama is the most divisive President since Richard Nixon
- No American President in this nation’s history has ever so frequently expressed his sorrow at being its leader
I’m sure I’ve missed something….