2010 Grande Conservative Blogress Diva: Let the Nominations Begin

Posted by B. Daniel Blatt at 8:04 pm - December 11, 2009.
Filed under: Blogging,Blogress Divas,Strong Women

Well, the end of the year is soon upon us and Grande Conservative Blogress Diva Pamela Geller must either prepare to surrender her crown — or fight to keep it.  As you know, we here at GayPatriot consider a conservative blogress diva any blogress who commands the support of gay conservative men.

And this past year, I have discovered many blogresses meriting the honor of being a blogress diva that I will wait and see the names our readers submit before submitting my list (as we have in years past).

I will, however, kick off the context by placing in nomination the name of an Obama supporter who has long commanded my respect:  Camille Paglia.  As we receive submissions and seconds, Bruce and I will determine which divas compete for the crown.  We expect to honor not only a Grande Conservative Blogress Diva, her prize hereinafter to be known as the “Ethel” in honor of that Republican most beloved by gay men–Ethel Merman.

She will be helped by at least one Conservative Blogress Regent, a title now held by Tammy Bruce and neoneocon and known as the Endora (or Agnes) in honor of the Lavender Lady herself, that “staunch” conservative, Agnes Moorhead.  This year, we may also be establishing the Lucy Award in honor of another star of the small screen and famous friend of Ron, that lifelong Republican Lucille Ball.

We will accept nominations until midnight Wednesday, December 16.  Shortly thereafter, we will alert the nominees and announce the beginning of the cat fight balloting.

1. Cynthia Yockey?

Karin Quade (of anti-anti-Americanism.com)?

Phyllis Chesler?

Comment by arhooley — December 12, 2009 @ 1:34 am - December 12, 2009

2. we here at GayPatriot consider a conservative blogress diva any blogress who commands the support of gay conservative men

That’s a funny image. Do they do her errands and laundry?

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — December 12, 2009 @ 8:39 am - December 12, 2009

3. I will, however, kick off the context by placing in nomination the name of an Obama supporter who has long commanded my respect: Camille Paglia.

I view Paglia as sort of a Tammy Bruce stuck in training, a Tammy Bruce who holds herself back year after year by never turning in her homework. Paglia is often entertaining and has some good sense. But. alas, only some.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — December 12, 2009 @ 8:43 am - December 12, 2009

4. 2010 Grande Conservative Blogress Diva? Isn’t it obvious?

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA! (Duh.)

Actually, ILC, if Camille Paglia is really just “a Tammy Bruce stuck in training,” then she’s the perfect nominee considering that the purpose of awards is now only to honor the recipient’s “potential.”

Comment by Sean A — December 12, 2009 @ 12:43 pm - December 12, 2009

5. I nominate: The Anchoress

Yes, it’s somewhat ironic, but her site is very soothing to me when I go over there. I’m not Catholic, but I am gay, and she commands my attention.

Comment by Michael — December 12, 2009 @ 2:42 pm - December 12, 2009

6. Call me when you’re handing out the “Freds”.

Comment by Draybee — December 12, 2009 @ 3:40 pm - December 12, 2009

7. That’s the award for bald, aging bloggers who wear their pants half-way up to their arm pits.

Comment by Draybee — December 12, 2009 @ 3:41 pm - December 12, 2009

8. you mean you guys honored Pam Geller???
    wow, that is just sick….

Comment by Tano — December 12, 2009 @ 11:16 pm - December 12, 2009

9. Pam Geller RULES!!! I love her blog! there is NO ONE more on top of things than Pam. A solid conservative and all around cool chick. Pam Geller gets my vote!

Comment by Hilary — December 13, 2009 @ 6:22 pm - December 13, 2009

10. you mean you [Tano] honored Pam Geller Barack Obama, elected him and seriously expect others to believe his lies???
    wow, that is just sick….

Fixed it for ya, Tano.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — December 14, 2009 @ 10:42 am - December 14, 2009

11. [...] Gay Patriot is taking suggestions for nominations for their “2010 Grande Conservative Blogress Diva” competition. Suggestions will be taken until midnight Wednesday night – I assume [...]

Pingback by Tuesday Open Thread « Sister Toldjah — December 15, 2009 @ 7:50 pm - December 15, 2009

12. [...] year, our readers have already submitted the names of blogress divas new to the contest, including, we believe, only the second lesbian ever [...]

Pingback by GayPatriot » 2010 Grande Conservative Blogress Diva Nominations Still Open — December 16, 2009 @ 2:26 am - December 16, 2009