An Open Letter to Democratic Politicians

Generally, when two readers of different political persuasions send you e-mails alerting you to the same video, it’s worth posting.

1. What always makes me proud to be an American is that when we get mad, we vote. We don’t plan military coups. We get out the vote. I think that is the greatest thing in the world.

Hilllary 2012.

Comment by Ashpenaz — January 3, 2010 @ 10:56 pm - January 3, 2010

2. I never liked or believed in Obama, but I would be happy if we had gotten what many people thought they were voting for, honest open government, and integrity in the political process. The people who believed that are probably even madder than I am, which is a lot.

Comment by John — January 3, 2010 @ 11:23 pm - January 3, 2010

3. #1: Oh, Ash, you poor misguided slob, you. Yeah, that’s the way to “take the country back” and reverse the tax and spend liberal policies that have the US on the road to socialism. Put HillaryCare’s namesake in the White House.

Comment by Sean A — January 3, 2010 @ 11:45 pm - January 3, 2010

4. I’d be mortified if I fell for Chope. What kind of gullible dumbass ever believed a single word uttered from that idiot’s mouth?

Comment by ThatGayConservative — January 4, 2010 @ 12:16 am - January 4, 2010

5. […] Hat-tip: Gay Patriot […]

Pingback by Buyer’s Remorse : Conservative Compendium — January 4, 2010 @ 12:55 am - January 4, 2010

6. Lots of people who believe Big Media, and dont know how misinformed they are.

Comment by American Elephant — January 4, 2010 @ 1:45 am - January 4, 2010

7. Hilllary 2012.

In 1922, “we” Europeans (just in Italy) elected a charming, charismatic, Big Government politician who promised us Hope and Change through the salvific power of government. We didn’t get it. So, vote Hitler 1933!

But as I said earlier: I would never -seriously- compare Hillary to Hitler, as I believe Hillary is less honest. 😉

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — January 4, 2010 @ 2:04 am - January 4, 2010

8. I would be happy if we had gotten what many people thought they were voting for, honest open government, and integrity in the political process.

I can’t believe the thought crossed my mind, at one point and however briefly, that Obama might seriously provide a bit of that – making the American people fond of leftism.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — January 4, 2010 @ 2:11 am - January 4, 2010

9. As for the video: The economic complaints are sound. I like how the word ‘bribes’ is over a picture of Ben Nelson’s face. OTOH, I think the whole “shrieky music” thing has been overdone already.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — January 4, 2010 @ 2:18 am - January 4, 2010

10. ILC, I’d merely say that she seems taller.

Comment by ThatGayConservative — January 4, 2010 @ 8:25 am - January 4, 2010

11. This is going to leave a mark.

If/when the clip goes viral the MSM will run it and the rubes will see it.

Comment by OldNuc — January 4, 2010 @ 8:34 am - January 4, 2010

12. Great video. I wish the RNC made such a video and ran it in states like Nebraska, Arkansas, Lousiana, Missouri, North Dakota, etc.. There has to be at least one “moderate” Democrat who is even remotely interested in keeping his/her job.

Comment by Chris — January 4, 2010 @ 11:01 am - January 4, 2010

13. Since this video is addressed to Democrats, I think the solution is for the Democrats to pick better candidates. Hillary showed in the primaries that she was in touch with the conservative/moderate wing of the Democrats. Conservatism is not the sole property of Republicans.

Comment by Ashpenaz — January 4, 2010 @ 11:18 am - January 4, 2010

14. This is a dynamite piece of political targeting. It is aimed at the “independents” and “moderates” without regard to the conservative choir. It should be a model for campaign advertising against every Democrat. It is equal to the “Morning in America” theme in 1984. These fascist roaches have infiltrated every nook and cranny of the national government and they need to have a bright light aimed at them.

Comment by heliotrope — January 4, 2010 @ 11:58 am - January 4, 2010

15. It did not take a rocket scientist to figure out that Obama was a dangerous fraud, all you had to do was examine his mentors, especially Ayers and Wright, examine his voting record–“present” and think logically about his lack of published info about his personal and professional life. The Obama regime depended on the ignorance of the Democrat party and were not disappointed.

Comment by listingstarboard — January 4, 2010 @ 12:21 pm - January 4, 2010

16. Everything you tell me about her corruption means that’s the woman I want standing between me and Yemen, Iran, and North Korea–she’s got cojones.

So now corruption is a sign of ability to lead and protect?

As I said: Vote Hitler 1933!

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — January 4, 2010 @ 12:59 pm - January 4, 2010

17. Brilliant video. I’ve forwarded it to everyone I know, lets hope it goes viral. REVOLUTION NOW!

Comment by John in Dublin CA — January 4, 2010 @ 5:10 pm - January 4, 2010

18. Oh, stop with the Hitler. She’s much more of an Evita who lived long enough to get elected.

Comment by Ashpenaz — January 4, 2010 @ 5:18 pm - January 4, 2010

19. Again you evade my central point: that corruption and (alleged) strength-for-the-sake-of-strength are not good, and that the world got Hitler precisely because of people who advocated your line of thinking.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — January 4, 2010 @ 5:55 pm - January 4, 2010

20. And Evita, for the record, was a fascist. (A statist, a socialist, a crusher of opposition, etc.) Not. Good.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — January 4, 2010 @ 5:56 pm - January 4, 2010

21. An interesting case can be made that whatever Evita did to get to the top, she genuinely loved the people of Argentina and did what she could to help them. This was the political reality behind the Don’t Cry For Me, Argentina scene. I would rather have a corrupt politician who loved her country and cherished its people than an incompetent, honest, spineless idealist.

Comment by Ashpenaz — January 4, 2010 @ 10:05 pm - January 4, 2010

22. An interesting case can be made that whatever Hitler did to get to the top, he genuinely loved the people of Germany and did what he thought was best to help them. In other words: Still no sale, sorry.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — January 4, 2010 @ 10:57 pm - January 4, 2010

23. You make the same points Antonio Banderas did in the movie–I don’t suppose there’s any hope you look like him, too? 🙂

Comment by Ashpenaz — January 4, 2010 @ 11:40 pm - January 4, 2010

24. Anyway I don’t think Hillary genuinely loves America – except, unless and until it’s a left-wing nation, remade in her image. Same as Obama.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — January 5, 2010 @ 12:35 am - January 5, 2010

25. Actually, for me, that’s the difference between Hillary and Obama–for all her faults, I really think she loves America. I can’t prove that. But I wouldn’t support her unless I genuinely believed that to be true. I can pretty much handle anyone as President, as long as they love America. Which is not a sentiment I get from Obama.

Comment by Ashpenaz — January 5, 2010 @ 10:06 am - January 5, 2010